Photo

So just in case someone out there is against it,,,,

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Poll: So just in case someone out there is against it,,,, (131 member(s) have cast votes)

Should pvp ladder hits be unbountyable?

1. yes (97 votes [74.05%])

Percentage of vote: 74.05%

2. no (34 votes [25.95%])

Percentage of vote: 25.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:24

This one change everyone seems to have agreed on and can we maybe have it included in an upcoming update please?

#2 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 15:20

Yep.

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

#3 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 18:39

For the no votes,, can you possably explain why? Even that you just did it to be different is fine but for all the reasons given that this change was needed I havent seen one post yet with any reason why its not a much needed fix.

#4 jr1093

jr1093

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 May 2013 - 20:50

no.

the ladder should work like the bounty board. should be hitting and defending constantly not once an hour.

all you have to do now is hit last and get a free hour of dominance.

fight for it. 2 minutes at a time

#5 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 17:21

no.

the ladder should work like the bounty board. should be hitting and defending constantly not once an hour.

If the poster could accept the bounty he/she posts, sure why not.  As it is, that's impossible from game mechanics. Where's the fight in it there? It's obviosly one sided at a time, posted defends only for BB purpose, which is not inhibited by a pvp band range, and therfore really is seperate from the ladder in that sense. Right?

If the bounty could only be accepted by those within the same pvp band, sure, leave it. Even better, a ladder bounty can only be accepted by those in the current ladder band! I'd be all for keeping them to be bountied!

If you can show me where the fight is in that, and how that's promoting pvp "within the active ladder band participants"  I will change my vote and shut my mouth about ladder hits being bountyable.

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

#6 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 17:31

no.

I agree,, it should be hitting and defending constantly but it should not be a team effort and thats the problem we are trying to fix here. Theres been too many team playing, bountys on ladder players sold and now there are even some that are so well known to call for help that bountying them is really the only viable option left. These things and others are the reason bountys are not working on pvp ladder hits.

And I agree with Dually, in ladder bountys would be fun.

Finally id like to point out that a couple years ago the ladder was seperated into bands due to massive complaints that only high levels were winning by doing only bountys,,, we kept the bountys and lost the rating and it wasnt a fix.

#7 jr1093

jr1093

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 May 2013 - 18:43

i agree with most of your points against the bountying ladder hits but i just like the idea of the battle.

if they would make the ladder 2, 5 or even 10 minutes between hits i'd change my vote

another possible fix would be only those in your band can take rating

i could be wrong but didn't they keep the bounties because people were tagteaming on the ladder ???

#8 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:39

i agree with most of your points against the bountying ladder hits but i just like the idea of the battle.

if they would make the ladder 2, 5 or even 10 minutes between hits i'd change my vote

This is something else entirely, activity on ladder has a bunch of posts I think if bountys were removed it would increase activity no matter how often you can hit but I also like the idea of every 5min or something.

another possible fix would be only those in your band can take rating

The main point is if you compete with someone over 48 hours you could lose 480 levels? This wasnt taken into account when the bounty per hit was updated.

i could be wrong but didn't they keep the bounties because people were tagteaming on the ladder ???

nope bountys have always been part of pvp ladder hits even through fixes that insisted it needed to be removed from bb.

#9 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:40

#10 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:09

I was about to comment on this, but then thought twice - I'm too out of the loop for my what if's to have a real value at the moment.

Edited to remove foot from mouth

Edited by Zukira, 05 May 2013 - 06:10.

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#11 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:23

so i could attack 720, 288, or 144 times a day? rough for a 24-48 hour reset.. brutal for the opponents who have to face that amount of activity if a player chose to dish it.. could take 1-7 levels a day with just 10 stamina attacks alone.. 

#12 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 18:08

so i could attack 720, 288, or 144 times a day? rough for a 24-48 hour reset.. brutal for the opponents who have to face that amount of activity if a player chose to dish it.. could take 1-7 levels a day with just 10 stamina attacks alone.. 

That is a nice idea that someone should make a post about! I personally think every 20 min would work just fine especially when deflect has won many last hour ladders.

but

The topic of this post needs fixed first especially before they make hits more often. Currently you can hit back and forth on a reset and say for this example you did 15 hits, the guy is a sore loser and posts all 15 you just lost SEVENTY FIVE levels!!!!

While the door for abuse was and is left open people are going to avoid the ladder, too many are using bountys to take a contest between 2 players and making it a team sport!

#13 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 05 May 2013 - 18:23

I had forgotten about the being able to bounty every hit change.   

- I'm not a pvper so take these with a grain of salt.

What if: 

- Bountying while being a part of the ladder removes you from the ladder until the reset (the person setting the bounty, not the person being bountied). 

and/or

- The ability to bounty a hit from a ladder attack is nullified at the usual time or at the end the time the ladder resets (whichever comes first)

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#14 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 19:07

I had forgotten about the being able to bounty every hit change.   

- I'm not a pvper so take these with a grain of salt.

What if: 

- Bountying while being a part of the ladder removes you from the ladder until the reset (the person setting the bounty, not the person being bountied). 

and/or

- The ability to bounty a hit from a ladder attack is nullified at the usual time or at the end the time the ladder resets (whichever comes first)

Yes everyone forgot the bounty per hit change and the ladder went to heck shortly thereafter..

I like your idea too but would rather have pvp ladder be a solo contest, its been a major reason the changes of bands and opt in were put in, but remove the ability to call in for help on bountys. It should be a contest that stays between those who entered it. I also think guildmates should be open to attack for rating if they are in the same band but thats another thread and another rant. 

#15 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 19:44

That is a nice idea that someone should make a post about! I personally think every 20 min would work just fine especially when deflect has won many last hour ladders.

wasn't making a suggestion.. just pointing out that you shouldn't be able to hit someone more than once an hour.. deflect is the only way some can even compete due to other player's activity level. 

the ladder's rules work fine how they should. except for the bounty board being involved..

take away the bounty board, add in new shinys to fight over, and make the ladder system more mobile efficient (easy to view stats, buff up, drink potions, change combat sets, etc)

#16 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 13:30

My vote is "no". Pvp prestige and smasher medel kills should always have a risk of bounty. And as both of those are part of ladder hits, bounties should be available to place.

#17 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2013 - 17:51

Ladder hits shouldn't be bountyable, why they were made that way is beyond me. But this will end up being a dead thread. It's been suggested many times to make ladder hits not bountyable, and the cows ignore it (probably because they cannot change the code to do so).

But yeah, since the ladder was brought in, people always said ladder hits should not be bountyable. So, the ladder has been in how long and the cows have refused to change it? Exactly.

Sorry, but it will never, ever happen... maybe unless we reach a playerbase of about 50 or less, then it might.

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,826 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:14

(probably because they cannot change the code to do so).

This thread was started because I said it sounded like a good idea.  So yeah, it might just happen. Suggesting that we cannot change the code of our game is disrespectful in the extreme. Exercise some respect and think before you post or your posting privileges will be revoked. Clear?

#19 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 19:48

Thanks for the post Grim!!! And yes I think its a good idea too!!!

BUT

I also see the points comming out from those opposed to this,,please give more reasons for a no vote!!

@ Bleltch I agree with your point as well and there should be risk involved the problem is the risk has imo become more than reasonable when it comes to ladder hits, 10 hits with 10 bountys can and has knocked a player out of a band. Interesting you mention prestige because that is something that maybe should be removed from ladder too.

Heres how I see the different aspects and risks involved,,,,

bountys you hit someone knowing there was a risk of a counter bounty

pvp you know there is a risk of bounty or other retaliation

But for pvp ladder you are entering into a contest that is supposed to be between those who opted in! Id like to go back to the beginning of ladder to make a couple points. When ladder came out we all hit one another and then the complaints started,,, we were put in bands because "people should not have to fight players 500 levels above them". THEN we were made to opt in because people who didnt want to pvp didnt want to play, people who wanted to bounty hunt didnt want to be involved in ladder and players who just wanted to hit bunnys didnt want to play with "pros" so opting was put in,,,,

If for those reasons we were put in bands then had to opt in why is there still a way to bring in outside help????

Have you ever seen a boxing match where a guy can call for help in the form of a spectator with a bat??

Thats how im seeing this, we have a contest you have to opt into thats between players in your band range who are meant to hit one another, not wonder when someone is going to call for help and suddenly you are fighting a team instead.

Im all for other changes to go with this (no prestige double damage, no buy out with protection, bounty removes you from pvp,,etc)  but after the bounty per hit rule this became a massive problem with ladder and you cannot compete fairly with the threat of someone posting your every hit made in a reset.

#20 KrypWalk

KrypWalk

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 23:57

Either way people will have disagreements on how it should be done.

The real question is which one will be less of a problem to deal with. You can't satisfy everybody.
I believe maybe 1 ladder hit should be bountyable but not every single hit. 
Some people...have been abusing this feature to bounty every single hit when they play the ladder way too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: