35 replies to this topic

#1 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 19:14

Ok, I don't really know how to do that, it's just a small idea that can be worked out.

-

Nowdays only small guilds can GvG, it's because big guilds have more targets, more people wearing Epics ans a lot of people to follow and buff up.

What if any guild could select a GvG team? Only those can attack and only those can be attacked.

I'm not saying to erase the actual GvG, but create a new module where we could select any number of players to participate, register the team for Guild War, the game will make some calcs (lets say an example with 10 players: Sum of the 10 players level / 10 = X) and choose any other guild which have registered for it and have a similar X.

No one will be able to choose offline members, easy targets or make deals for RP, I'll choose the number of players which are in the mood to play Guild Wars, and the Conflict will start once the game found another participant with the X close to yours.

I believe that makes sense...

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 29 May 2015 - 19:19.

#2 Tlingit

Tlingit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 20:47

I like that idea.   Makes more sense than all those low level players in GvG guilds. Those guilds were a pain.

#3 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 21:49

I like that idea.   Makes more sense than all those low level players in GvG guilds. Those guilds were a pain.

I like pain.

Cheers.

wil72

#4 Odegra

Odegra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:32

I doubt that's the type of pain being talked about Wil.  

It was not easy to sit and watch a  GvG play out because everyone in the guild was below your level except for one inactive member.

I saw quite a few guilds like that.

Oh, I forgot this.

I do like this suggestion.

Edited by Odegra, 30 May 2015 - 01:33.

#5 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:21

you want to be able to pick and choose who is available in your guild for GvG

#6 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:45

Kind of that....let me explain.

There will, lets say 3 categories:

10 players
20 players
30 players

You can create a team for each category you choose to participate.

Once you enter on the tournament, the game will make some calculations:

The sum of the level of the players / 10 = X.

So the game will randomoly choose a guild with a similar 'X' and start the conflict, only the players registered on the tournament can attack, and you can hit only players registered too.

The guild can only enter only one time on each category, and start again once the conflict is finished, the conflict will last 24hours.

Makes any sense?

#7 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:05

ya sorry - i was confused by the title "Member selection for GvG"

#8 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 15:29

This idea reduces targets even more. GvG is nearly dead, this would effectively kill it. Why shouldn't the wee guilds with low lvl players have an advantage in something? All hail the wee man!

Cheers.

wil72

#9 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 16:03

an opt-in

for a PvP aspect of the game, so that after opting in

Only those can attack and only those can be attacked.

leaving

people wearing Epics...offline members, easy targets 

safe from attack

and having only those

players which are in the mood...

to participate in PvP

I like it +1

Edited by duktayp, 30 May 2015 - 17:22.

#10 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 17:44

This idea reduces targets even more. GvG is nearly dead, this would effectively kill it. Why shouldn't the wee guilds with low lvl players have an advantage in something? All hail the wee man!

Cheers.

wil72

+1

reducing targets is bad, meaning less gvg too

as for choosing the attackers and defenders: everyone of us chooses his offline setup (epics, pvp,...), nobody is forcing anyone to wear epics offline, it is your choice, wear a pvp offline setup and the problem is solved

#11 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 18:29

Like I've said on the first post, that WILL NOT eliminate the normal GvG, call it Guild Wars or something else.

GvG is dead because people can't do it, only very small guilds build only for that can pratice it, most of the Guilds can only fight for a draw, that's the reason GvG is dead, definetly worth it, the Vine Tendrils Gauntlets is the most expensive item on the game for a reason.

I'll give another explanation about how I imagine it, and maybe edit the first post, so will be easier to understand what I'm proposing.

- Each Guild who wants to participate will choose a GvG Team.
- The Guild will pay a entry fee for the tournament.
- The game will sum the level of the players and split the amount by the numbers of participants (levels/10 = X).
- The game will choose randomily another Guild with the 'X' similar/close and start the 'Guild War'.
- Once the tournament starts, each Guild have 24hrs to make the attacks.
- Each Guild can attack only the members of the GvG Team of the challenger.
- Each GvG Team can participate only on one tournament at the time, for each kind of tournament (10, 20 or 30 players).
- Each Guild can do only 100 Attacks (200 on a 20 players tournament, and 300 on a 30 players tournament).
- Each player can do 20 Attacks.
- Each player can defend 10 attacks only, after defending 10 attacks the player is off of the target list.

Example of a 10 players tournament:
10 players, levels: 2250, 950, 250, 1558, 780, 1880, 2500, 550, 890, 1650.
'X' = 13,258/10
'X' = 1,325

-

I don't know if I'm missing something, but that is just an idea.

#12 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 18:37

do you mean adding a second gvg system? (like a gvg event, tournament)

Edited by Olef, 30 May 2015 - 18:38.

#13 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 19:07

do you mean adding a second gvg system? (like a gvg event, tournament)

Yeap, a GvG War or something like that.

Can be made a Top Rated system for that.

#14 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 20:23

If it is to be added in addition to current GvG then sound. But, and it's a big but, the players numbers for tournaments would have to be drastically reduced. Currently GvG requires 2 players to initiate. The minimum number of players required for a tournament should start with this number. Otherwise this system will only be open to the very largest Guilds and that canny happen.

Cheers

wil72

#15 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 20:24

an opt-in

for a PvP aspect of the game, so that after opting in

leaving

safe from attack

and having only those

to participate in PvP

I like it +1

And this is another reason it could be so bad.

Cheers.

wil72

#16 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 21:04

Why not just add in a guild log notice to tell you which member is being attacked.. If you can't proper buff that player then you shouldn't participate in GVG

#17 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 21:21

how about guild opt in or not this is way to complicated

#18 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 21:37

how about guild opt in or not this is way to complicated

Why an opt in or opt out? What harm does GvG actually do, a little gold repair and that's it. And ego bashing, of course ego bashing, thank my giddy aunt for the ego bashing. :D

Cheers.

wil72

#19 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 21:54

Why an opt in or opt out? What harm does GvG actually do, a little gold repair and that's it. And ego bashing, of course ego bashing, thank my giddy aunt for the ego bashing. :D

Cheers.

wil72

Actually I don't really care about any of these, I approve it as the way it is, for sure some things can me upgraded, but still a good thing for the game and smaller guilds.

But I'm just trying to figure out a way to revitalize it into the game, so all guilds can play too, I used to love GvG in the past, but since my guild now is way too big we can't handle the Conflict properly anymore, and I'm sure most of the big guilds are unable to pratice GvG too. I'm not trying to kill GvG Guilds, but to find a way to make everyone able to play.

(Please, don't come with nonsense negative comments like 'so leave your guild, join a GvG Guild', that makes no sense at all, if I wished to do it I would, I'm just trying to make an aspect of the game able to be played for everyone, that is not a selfshnes thread)

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 30 May 2015 - 21:57.

#20 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 22:51

If your guild members were properly equipped then it would be easy(if gold or stamina weren't a problem) to defend your guild.. If not, deflect, last ditch, and reflection would be enough to hopefully win a battle or two..

If you want GvG to become popular again then lay on the cows to bring new rewards and suggest for them to reset the ladder to keep activity every month or so

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: