• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 iTzBiLL

iTzBiLL

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 17:08

May as well go ahead and open the book up again. Why can't we just make the fix and move on? Please allow this to be open, feel free to comment and give your .02 . Thanks!

My Arena Plee:

I feel the biggest technical problem with the arena is both the +/- 5% stat variance and the 2% hit chance in non-move arenas. If both of were deleted from the arena, gear stats might just matter. The 5% variance causes moves to trump gear. The 2% random causes one stat to be over-powered. Delete these from the arena. Fix the problem, not coat in sugar with new rewards.

Don't agree with me? Let me know. Feel these two issues aren't the most important? Let it be known. If we want change, it must be known.

If you got here from by bio, please comment.

BiLL2.png

#2 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 17:53

+123456789!!!!!!!!!

#3 iTzBiLL

iTzBiLL

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 21:39

When I go to join an arena I choose what I want to wear. Once I'm happy with my gear, I click join on the main arena page which takes me to a screen like this:

Posted Image

Now if you are going to show me these stats, why give me a roll only to change them once the arena has begun? That is ludicrous. There are many ranges where a couple points are the difference between a win and a loss.

BiLL2.png

#4 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2012 - 23:31

There are plenty of other threads regarding the 2% random factor - which seemingly applies to all areas of FS (PvP, Hunting, Arena) - so why start yet another one ?

The random factor has to stay - if there wasn't luck, there wouldn't be a word for it ...

#5 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:48

Remove or reduce variance but keep 2%... 2% hit/miss isnt that hight
why would someone running tons of def with little dmg beat high armor player...
just like this example

think of it this way then, a heavyweight boxer and a lightweight boxer get in the ring, the lightweight is dancing all around and getting lots of swings in whilst dodging hits left right and center, theres a small chance hell get a good hit in and do some real damage if its a good placed hit BUT sooner or later the heavyweight will dodge one AND sooner or later they will get that knockout punch in, youd lose that ability with armor vs defense in one example of removing this key feature :)

or what i suggested before

This what i think needed for arena now

1. Reduce Variance to 2%-3%

2. Ice shard,poison and fire blast 20% activation rate

3. For non moves remove 2% chance to hit and make it like this to reduce randomness >
1-10 hits=1% chance to hit ,11-20=1.75% ,21-30= 2.5% 31-40= 3.25% and so on .75% increase every 10 rounds...
This will make it more balance and players start using more attack/damage

Lemme know what you think guys :)

#6 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 15:56

as usual...another thread trying to make it so that only the same players win and only the very best gear would ever win...AND YOU WONDER WHY ARENA IS DEAD !!!! PLAYERS LIKE THIS THAT ARE SO GREEDY AND GET UPSET ABOUT LOSING A FEW TOURNEYS THAT THEY DEMAND ALL LUCK BE TAKEN OUT OF ARENA...TAKE THE LUCK OUT..AND EVEN FEWER WILL PLAY !! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS ???? GREEDY FOOLS

#7 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 16:15

as usual...another thread trying to make it so that only the same players win and only the very best gear would ever win...AND YOU WONDER WHY ARENA IS DEAD !!!! PLAYERS LIKE THIS THAT ARE SO GREEDY AND GET UPSET ABOUT LOSING A FEW TOURNEYS THAT THEY DEMAND ALL LUCK BE TAKEN OUT OF ARENA...TAKE THE LUCK OUT..AND EVEN FEWER WILL PLAY !! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS ???? GREEDY FOOLS

I think your anger may be a little misplaced here. You say that a player is greedy because he wins with the best gear.....Tell me why the best gear shouldn't win? There is not one single piece of gear in this game that can't be countered with another, opposite piece. If someone wears all armor, you can easily beat them with a defense/damage set and the correct move placement. Just like if someone wears all defense, you can beat them with an attack/armor setup. It's all about the matchups, not one player being greedy. There is no "win" setup, no matter how much it costs. I do believe that the 2% needs to stay, but I will agree that the variance is kind of a pain. It is way to high, in my opinion.

#8 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 17:21

2% Luck Factor is completely necessary. Gives the arena bit of a 'Oh get F*cked' factor which I love.
5% variance is also necessary. If you're concerned, increase your armor/defense stat by 5% to avoid this.

#9 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 17:52

I think your anger may be a little misplaced here. You say that a player is greedy because he wins with the best gear.....Tell me why the best gear shouldn't win? There is not one single piece of gear in this game that can't be countered with another, opposite piece. If someone wears all armor, you can easily beat them with a defense/damage set and the correct move placement. Just like if someone wears all defense, you can beat them with an attack/armor setup. It's all about the matchups, not one player being greedy. There is no "win" setup, no matter how much it costs. I do believe that the 2% needs to stay, but I will agree that the variance is kind of a pain. It is way to high, in my opinion.

no i was mainly talking about the complaining about the variance and 2% factor that upsets so many...it is greedy to try and take that out of the game...they all want to make sure they cant lose to someone new and that does not have the best gear..yes the best gear should win MOST of the time..but not all the time..that is my point...and you are right the gear can be countered...but at a very steep price for most players...that is also a major probelm..you addressed it in your other post and i agreeed with that post..needs to be all commons, all rare..or something like that..right now...99% pf all fs players are priced out of being competitive in arena..if you dont agree ..you are not seeing how arena is dead for newer players..just looks at the final entry fees for combat moves..most less than 100..meaning 99.9% of players in the game are not trying out arena..i wonder why ?? COSTS !!!!

#10 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 18:32

no i was mainly talking about the complaining about the variance and 2% factor that upsets so many...it is greedy to try and take that out of the game...they all want to make sure they cant lose to someone new and that does not have the best gear..yes the best gear should win MOST of the time..but not all the time..that is my point...and you are right the gear can be countered...but at a very steep price for most players...that is also a major probelm..you addressed it in your other post and i agreeed with that post..needs to be all commons, all rare..or something like that..right now...99% pf all fs players are priced out of being competitive in arena..if you dont agree ..you are not seeing how arena is dead for newer players..just looks at the final entry fees for combat moves..most less than 100..meaning 99.9% of players in the game are not trying out arena..i wonder why ?? COSTS !!!!

You need to understand one rule of life, whether cyber or reality;

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

The best gear does deserve to win, and often does. It is up to players like, assuming you, and I to beat them and show Fallensword even the underdogs can score against the big players. I hate running into certain players who I know have the best of the best gear, and it sh*ts me when they beat me.

But there is nothing more satisfying than seeing ''You were victorious over [insert rich arena player] in tournament...''

#11 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 18:40

2% Luck Factor is completely necessary. Gives the arena bit of a 'Oh get F*cked' factor which I love.
5% variance is also necessary. If you're concerned, increase your armor/defense stat by 5% to avoid this.

I think you don't understand variance well... Its working on all stats not just damage.
If you saw my thread about variance before you would know how it makes forging gears useless

#12 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 18:42

I think you don't understand variance well... Its working on all stats not just damage.

I do understand this.

#13 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 18:44

I do understand this.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106358

Read this please... Variance will never give weak setups a win as you think it help newbies!

#14 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 18:49

That sucks so much, you got the short stick on that one Shin.

#15 iTzBiLL

iTzBiLL

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 23:01

The variance is currently +/- 5% for both armor and damage in the PvP Arena.

I also find it hard to believe this isn't the same for attack and defense.

Ok, so you are saying to increase my stats to make up for the difference, what if I'm also looking counter the same type of stats in a "1 stat heavy" range? Should I increase my stats more? What if I make up for the 5%, then roll down and opponent rolls up? I die... so should I go ahead and increase my stats 3 times? There's eventually a wall... or well, there SHOULD BE a stat wall for each range. If the arena insists on being woven with the luck factor, the entry fees should be dropped to no more than 10k.

How did you get your first arena win? I doubt it was when you were Lv 5 in some half common set. If you were like me, you probably had already increased in level, and had heard all the rumors about the arena being a sink. I bet you were in a guild and probably wearing all guild tagged gear, maybe someone told you to enter.. maybe you did on your own.

There can either be stats or luck

IMO STATS should be ARENA, LUCK (buffs, 2%, 5%) should be PVP

BiLL2.png

#16 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:08

IMO STATS should be ARENA, LUCK (buffs, 2%, 5%) should be PVP

+1

#17 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 19:32

can you explain to me why my weaken kicks in less than my opponents ALL the time...and some players it kicks in near 100% of the time..It is very consistent and not just one day..has been happening since first AH/arena freeze

#18 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 20:41

can you explain to me why my weaken kicks in less than my opponents ALL the time...and some players it kicks in near 100% of the time..It is very consistent and not just one day..has been happening since first AH/arena freeze

I believe but not sure ! Weaken working less for higher attack/defense stats and working more for higher defense/damage

#19 parashuram

parashuram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 17:36

The special moves arena in the standard arena section are sitting at a join cost of 9gold pieces.

What is the point of keeping them in the standard arena section, put 'em over to the novice section and take the level restriction (till 100) out of the novice section. Not everybody wants to join arena with gear from below 100 even if you are a level 800 just starting out in arenas.

#20 parashuram

parashuram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 17:38

I believe but not sure ! Weaken working less for higher attack/defense stats and working more for higher defense/damage

That does not make any sense, and if this is the case, it should be clearly indicated in the move description because as it stands, weaken is just "A chance" to activate, and shouldn't be dependent on what you are wearing or what your stats are. If a move specifically depends on what your stats are, it should be indicated. Moves are there with descriptions so people can make informed decisions about using them or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: