Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2012 - 23:25

In this latest update we have now made the following changes to the Bounty Board...

[*:1eogzyn4]Added the ability to buy Bounty Tickets with gold.
[*:1eogzyn4]Every PvP attack outside the Bounty Board and Guild Conflicts can now be bountied.
[*:1eogzyn4]Bounties will expire 48 hours after they are placed.
[*:1eogzyn4]Accepting a bounty will now allow the target to offer a bounty on you. (PvP attacks made to complete a bounty won't however).
[*:1eogzyn4]Added the ability to view bounties placed on you.
[*:1eogzyn4]When offering gold as a bounty reward, you must now offer at least 2,500 gold. (The previous minimum of 100 gold multiplied by the targets level still applies as well).
[*:1eogzyn4]Accepting bounties now requires a maximum of 100 Bounty Tickets.
[*:1eogzyn4]Reduced the amount of text on the Bounty Board page by moving some of it to a dialog.
~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2012 - 23:31

[*]Bounties will expire 48 hours after they are placed.
[*]Accepting bounties now requires a maximum of 100 Bounty Tickets.[/list]

No, please don't bring an exemption to be cleared from the bounty board with a 48 hr expiration.

No, Bounty tickets need to be in proportion to the level, as it was. A limit may be in place, but still in relation to level.

#3 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 12 July 2012 - 23:38

Nice! Glad to see the ticket cost per bounty reduced. Due to the insane ticket cost previously, I rarely bounty hunted like I did in the past. I'm sure MANY more players will bounty hunt now 8) ( myself included)

Thanks for all the add ons, Only thing I'd like to add is a possible tweak to the gold/ level cost to post players. Nothing insane, but possibly 2 or 3 x what it currently is? ie: 200 or 300 gold per level? more gold sunk, and more bounties cleared instead of sitting untouched for a while. Thanks again.

#4 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 23:43

Excellent update , But still needs to be more done to protect people In lower level ranges from Medal farmers .Having level 1000 plus smashing level 200's to get a medal is pretty lame and certainly is doing nothing to keep players active in the game.

#5 mitgsx

mitgsx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 23:49

I like the update. Now gives me something to look forward to after the next content release!

I like my 1450 set too much :D

#6 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 23:50

"Accepting bounties now requires a maximum of 100 Bounty Tickets."

I think that's a great change! :D

#7 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 July 2012 - 23:51

No, please don't bring an exemption to be cleared from the bounty board with a 48 hr expiration.

No, Bounty tickets need to be in proportion to the level, as it was. A limit may be in place, but still in relation to level.

The expiration to the bounty will benefit the players who play the ladder - the ones who are buffed up to the neck for defense on the ladder/ on the bounty board. It'll give an elite few the privilege of bragging rights. More than that it doesn't benefit anyone else. Favouritism, to be blunt.

Maybe I should stay away from the combo of Rum and Johnny Cash ;-)

#8 mitgsx

mitgsx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 23:56

The expiration to the bounty will benefit the players who play the ladder - the ones who are buffed up to the neck for defense on the ladder/ on the bounty board. It'll give an elite few the privilege of bragging rights. More than that it doesn't benefit anyone else. Favouritism, to be blunt.

Very true, PvP guilds have a chance of holding out the 48 hours than most non PvP guild (which is the majority).

Favoritism, maybe...........

#9 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 23:57

How can it be Favoritism when the option to buff and pot is open to every single player ?

#10 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 23:58

In this latest update we have now made the following changes to the Bounty Board...

[*:vskdj28o]Added the ability to buy Bounty Tickets with gold. Cool. Too bad its 200K per 100 ticket but good gold sink considering current Marketplace prices unfortunately.
[*:vskdj28o]Every PvP attack outside the Bounty Board and Guild Conflicts can now be bountied.I am really disappointed about this update. It seems the art of PvP is being replaced solely by cloak, deflect, and now bounty every attack. Don't worry, I will definietly be exploiting this one on certain players. For instance, wait until right after a ladder reset and find all the bounties on one particular player who actively participated. Probably around 20 or more bounties and rip 100 levels because 1 player decided to "play the ladder". It will happen, probably not by me, but it will happen.
[*:vskdj28o]Bounties will expire 48 hours after they are placed. What happens to the reward if no one clears the bounty? Lost? Returned to player? Maybe the player who was posted should get to keep his own reward! I don't particularly like this one either. It is going to be too easy to manipulate the BB and we will soon fine that no one will touch certain players bounties making the BB an ineffective punishment.
[*:vskdj28o]Accepting a bounty will now allow the target to offer a bounty on you. (PvP attacks made to complete a bounty won't however).Cool, ok. I don't see the big deal either way on this one.
[*:vskdj28o]Added the ability to view bounties placed on you. Wonderful! Its about time!
[*:vskdj28o]When offering gold as a bounty reward, you must now offer at least 2,500 gold. (The previous minimum of 100 gold multiplied by the targets level still applies as well).Not sure about this one either. Not like the BB was overflowing with 800 gold bounty rewards. I'd like to see an increase in gold offer, like 200 per level.
[*:vskdj28o]Accepting bounties now requires a maximum of 100 Bounty Tickets.Well this will probably make clearing bounties a bit more competitive. I know several high level players who are loving you for this one!
[*:vskdj28o]Reduced the amount of text on the Bounty Board page by moving some of it to a dialog. Cool. I like the new look of BB.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#11 mitgsx

mitgsx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:01

Who truly can get a good nights rest fully PvP buffed over R.E.M. sleep?

A few guilds come to mind.

But the changes are for the better, I hope!

#12 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:03

How can it be Favoritism when the option to buff and pot is open to every single player ?

That may not have been the right term. But you must admit that the ones who can stay on the Bounty Board for 48 hrs are but a few privileged high level players... and frackin' Johnny Cash.

;)

#13 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:09

That may not have been the right term. But you must admit that the ones who can stay on the Bounty Board are but a few privileged high level players... and frackin' Johnny Cash.

;)

I guess the intent of your post is the discrepancy that is being exploited by players at high levels being able to smash lower levels with almost 99% immunity to gain a smasher medal.
But Is that not a result of there being no players who are willing to accept risk and try and clear those same players ?

#14 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:13

with every attack being bountyable it does create a much larger risk in pvp, not sure if its possible? but can you make it to where the 1st bounty placed is a max of 5 levels lost and every other 1 that is place able a maximum of 2 levels which would count any hits made before the 1st bounty is finished.

#15 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:15

so why are pvp ladder attacks able to be bounty'd? yes, the majority play by teh honor system but now when someone is a sore loser, they can post 10+ bounties on you? why is it possible to have other players fight your own battles when you OPT in to fight on the ladder? i just find that ridiculous

#16 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:16

You know, I don't get all this "privileged" talk. Not when it's about guilds, and not when it's about individual players. If you're going to be penalized for achieving some strength, however it's measured, I'm wondering what the point is in doing so.

If your guild is weak get a new one, if you are, figure it out.

If "pvp" guilds get on your nerves, smack em. If a high level bounty is on the board and that is somehow an affront to you, clear it.

This message is directed at a general frame of mind, and not at any one person.

#17 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:16

How about a gvg medal?

#18 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:18

I guess the intent of your post is the discrepancy that is being exploited by players at high levels being able to smash lower levels with almost 99% immunity to gain a smasher medal.
But Is that not a result of there being no players who are willing to accept risk and try and clear those same players ?

Maybe so, zizzles. But it's certainly an issue that needs to be addressed.

#19 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:22

Maybe so, zizzles. But it's certainly an issue that needs to be addressed.

Players need to not be afraid of challenges. Heck, I cleared players double my level when i was a NOOB at pvp. It was a great challenge and learning experience. No one is unclearable. The only issue I see ( and it has been mentioned) is higher bounty rewards.

#20 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 July 2012 - 00:23

This message is directed at a general frame of mind, and not at any one person.

The general frame of mind of Johnny Cash?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: