BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 March 2017 - 15:35

Hi there everyone.

Kirk the Kleaver has let us know that there are 6 new recipes in his Killin' Shop. These are to build 3 new sets using items earned from the PvP Ladder and from the Game creatures like the Goobernoob Bird!

Head on down to the Colosseum of Gurgriss and visit Kirk the Kleavers Killin' Shop for the new recipes!

All items used in these recipes that were on sale in the Auction House have been cancelled and returned to their sellers to prevent under selling.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 15:39

Awesome. Great to hear about new gear. Always a good thing IMO.

If anyone is willing to share the information regarding the new sets I am sure it would be appreciated by many.

Hope it's not more hybrid gear. Enough is enough on that one.

Edited by Josh1404, 15 March 2017 - 15:40.

#3 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 March 2017 - 15:44

Hybrid Gear? What do you mean?

#4 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 15:52

Hybrid Gear? What do you mean?

Armor and defense on the same item. Pointless for the most part.

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 March 2017 - 16:49

Ah. Fair enough, such combos are subjective. We do get calls for it, that's why they happen every so often.

~ Grim

#6 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 19:29

So players need to sink gold in order to find out the quality of these recipes? In my case it would be 1.17m gold each. With my poor opinion of previous Ladder sets I'll be passing on these, like DQs, until I hear otherwise. Can't the specs be published in the UFSG, or does HCS need the revenue?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:20

So players need to sink gold in order to find out the quality of these recipes?

The same as the release of every new LE set.

~ Grim

#8 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 00:27

The same as the release of every new LE set.

~ Grim

So approximately how long until the recipes or the items hit the UFSG?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#9 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:13

So approximately how long until the recipes or the items hit the UFSG?

We like to leave it some time for players to explore and discover stuff :)

#10 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 15:08

We like to leave it some time for players to explore and discover stuff :)

Does 'some time' translate to a week, 2 weeks, a month, or more? Like I said in my previous post I have skepticism about the quality of the sets. You can see the low demand for prior Ladder sets in the UFSG. To spend 2m+ gold(in my case) just to find out their quality doesn't seem worth it. I'll wait. I just was curious how long I have to wait.

[Signature removed]

#11 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2017 - 00:24

Does 'some time' translate to a week, 2 weeks, a month, or more? Like I said in my previous post I have skepticism about the quality of the sets. You can see the low demand for prior Ladder sets in the UFSG. To spend 2m+ gold(in my case) just to find out their quality doesn't seem worth it. I'll wait. I just was curious how long I have to wait.

No specific time, but likely within a few weeks :)

#12 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:30

I for one love to explore and discover stuff. Wish others would stop trying to ruin the game for me

#13 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:49

Some want the easy button sometimes but not at other times ;-p

#14 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:55

I for one love to explore and discover stuff. Wish others would stop trying to ruin the game for me

Discover all you want! All it takes is wasting gold on sets that have previously been disappointing. The UFSG will tell you that. Why should these sets be different?

[Signature removed]

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:03

Why should these sets be different?

As already pointed out, these operate the same as all other sets.

~ Grim

#16 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 17:21

As already pointed out, these operate the same as all other sets.

~ Grim

I guess you may not have had the experience of earning the tokens required to make these Ladder sets. Have you? I know you were on the Ladder a time or two. Does that mean you made any sets? It is much more difficult to attain resources for these Ladder sets than the "other" sets. Their current low value is obvious when looking at the number held by players of previous Ladder sets in the UFSG. What I am raising is that maybe the sets should be reevaluated since they can be so much harder to make. A re-evaluation would give the opportunity to increase game play in the Ladder aspect.

[Signature removed]

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 March 2017 - 17:25

Hey there.

They are already more powerful that other sets gained from LEs, have a much higher amount of durability and have Stamina on them. How much more powerful do you want them?

~ Grim

#18 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 17:41

Stamina gain and stat improvement are mutually exclusive attributes to using gear. Players do not equip stam gear expecting to PvP in it unless the opponent is many levels below, unbuffed and/or wearing stam gear as well. There is an obvious reason why few bother using this gear. They are underwhelming for the effort required to obtain them. I would think this is apparent to players who have obtained the gear. Also using expensive crystal items that are breakable to defend isn't the best type of gear, in my opinion, even if it has 300 durability.

Edited by sweetlou, 21 March 2017 - 17:43.

[Signature removed]

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 March 2017 - 17:49

You've yet to make a suggestion as to what would make them desirable in your eyes.

~ Grim

#20 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 18:07

You've yet to make a suggestion as to what would make them desirable in your eyes.

~ Grim

Make NEW pieces of sets with stam gain that have equivalence or better to other stam gain gear in the game OR make gear with statistics that would raise player's eyebrows with demand. Don't get too crazy of course. Trying to do both is an over reach. The problem returns to the obscenely over powered potions that make gear obsolete, whatever players use. But why would I use Ladder stam gain gear that is breakable when other Titan  stam gain gear is better and unbreakable? Does it make sense?

[Signature removed]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: