• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:20

When de-leveled, is the gold and xp that you receive based on your virtual level or on your total level? 

Basically will I take an xp loss and gold loss when I am able to hunt next because I am hunting below level or will I get full xp and gold ?

If you really want to know why I have not done anything about the attacks read on.  It is just background and has no bearing on the question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been been attacked 11 times in the last 24 hours by a player, I am assuming for prestige.  I am carrying no gold, I have 11 bank deposits and when he started attacking, I had 9k gold on me which was emptied with, I suspect, a successful activation of master thief on the second attack (first attack they received 1779 gold).  I really think I must have done something like sacrifice his first first born to Loki during a prior life. 

I do not want to hear lots of suggestions on what to do.  I have talked with Chewtoy and he gave me suggestions.

Why am I not wearing an offline set?  I have recently returned to the game.  I used to guild tag everything and when returned ALL my equipment had been recalled and sold for gold for maintenance of the guild.  I am not upset about that.  But it does mean I am rebuilding somewhat from scratch.  From hunting and donations from a friend, I have only finally gotten a full hunting (leveling) set and it is with the exception of 2 items, all crystalline.  I choose not to wear crystalline when offline, especially if someone is attacking me every couple of hours.

It was suggested I purchase, PvP Protection, and I consider that a good idea except, I do not have the gold to purchase the FSP to purchase a weeks worth of protection.  (At current FSP marketplace prices, I can afford 8 FSP).  As I said I am re-equipping.

Why has my guild not given me an offline set since they recalled and sold all my equipment?  They do not have it.  Even after a 3 year absence, I am still 400 levels above any other active guild member.  I think most went into composing business or something, because no one has made more than a couple of hundred levels while I was gone.

Why not bounty, no gold?

Why not hit back, well I used to do that, with 100 stam hit backs, (Except Pigsplint who would routinely hit me as a "Hi" and I would hit him as I "Nice to see you too, how is the family?", too bad they do not allow 1 stam hits).  I discovered most of the people I hit back would bounty ME???  And I routinely lost levels because of the bounties. 

My purpose in the game is not to be king of the mountain, it is to help my guild and a social outlet.  (I am retired and live with my cats.)  So I am will only be upset if the de-leveling will mean I make less gold so I can finish re-equipping and then start helping my guild with structures again.

#2 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:51

Yes you will receive slightly less gold and xp until you reach your level again, unless you are still in the highest realm you can reach. but it is only 1 level so not a huge amount.. given the area of the game you have in front.to 1221 or so.

#3 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:12

Thank you zizzwyly.  I am now down 2 levels from attacks for Prestige points.  I am guessing I will even lose more xp and gold hunting two levels below current total level.

At the current rate before I get full xp, I will soon be back down below what I had when I returned to the game.  No sense playing.

It really is a boring game.  I mostly returned to help the guild and maybe see a few old internet friends.

To any of my friends that are interested, you can find me, at the risk of this message being deleted, at talia_egh@yahoo.com.  People that I do not recognize when I read the post, I will just program a filter to send the messages to trash.

#4 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:10

Hello Natalie, I would suggest you place a ticket with hcs hourly hitting is frowned upon especially when it has no reason.other than spite.

#5 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2016 - 13:08

Aww this is very sad. I feel sorry for you Natalie, some people are just spiteful and childish at their core.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#6 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 13:31

7 day PvP protection is 1,000,000 in gold upgrades..Deflect is a wonderful buff and when its Extended it lasts over 12 hours.. When Reinforced as well, lasts 18+ hours..

Each attack can have its own separate bounty.. So they could lose up to 55 levels if enough players helped out.. Place each bounty one at a time when smashing, wait for first bounty to clear before posting next, or if you have enough smashers then you could spread 3 players per bounty and place however many bounties at once

#7 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 14:12

Thank you zizzwyly.  I am now down 2 levels from attacks for Prestige points.  I am guessing I will even lose more xp and gold hunting two levels below current total level.

I think Zizz was saying that you will get the full Xp and gold from the creature, but that you might end up having to hit creatures at your new (lower) level, and they will give less Xp and gold (actually, for your level it is just less Xp - they stopped increasing gold with level back around the 300s).

If you are still in your maximum realm, then this won't affect you. But if you left that for some reason, you won't be able to get back in until you level up again.

So you aren't sublevelling, and the game isn't depreciating your returns from hunting. But you may well be hunting and gathering at your new level.

PS I agree with Doom. I think this is very sad, and do feel very sorry for you. This isn't for prestige, because you only get that from the same player once ever three days.

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 January 2016 - 15:16

Hello Natalie, I would suggest you place a ticket with hcs hourly hitting is frowned.

Sorry but this just sounds like PvP. 

I would suggest a Support Ticket to us if only to get the full story.

#9 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 15:19

11 hits in 24 hours ????  yikes..

Edited by yodamus, 26 January 2016 - 15:27.

#10 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2016 - 15:41

11 hits in 24 hours with no prestige gained or gold stolen...

If that is 'just pvp' then I think something is really wrong. :(

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 January 2016 - 15:43

Like I said, Support Ticket for the full story. The rest really is not for discussion on the forum and is NOT to become a PvP bashing thread

#12 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 15:48

It's easier to take someone's XP than to gain it, so maybe the attacker is just trying to climb the ranks

Edited by RebornJedi, 26 January 2016 - 15:48.

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2016 - 15:48

lol It's not a pvp bashing thread silly!!

Read the OP, it's a NatlieEGH bashing topic and people showing their sympathy for her.

Such a warm welcome back to the game after many years away, it's heart warming really. </3

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 January 2016 - 15:52

It's not a pvp bashing thread silly!!

Indeed. I'm trying to ensure it does not become one. 

#15 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 20:24

I think Zizz was saying that you will get the full Xp and gold from the creature, but that you might end up having to hit creatures at your new (lower) level, and they will give less Xp and gold (actually, for your level it is just less Xp - they stopped increasing gold with level back around the 300s).

If you are still in your maximum realm, then this won't affect you. But if you left that for some reason, you won't be able to get back in until you level up again.

So you aren't sublevelling, and the game isn't depreciating your returns from hunting. But you may well be hunting and gathering at your new level.

PS I agree with Doom. I think this is very sad, and do feel very sorry for you. This isn't for prestige, because you only get that from the same player once ever three days.

I was worried that I would be sub-leveling.  That would mean I was of no use to my guild. 

I thank Jedi for telling me why the person is attacking.  I asked them, politely, I think.  It made no sense and they would not answer.  I think what the person is doing is kind of rotten, but it makes sense.  They are just big jerks.  I have known there were a lot of jerks since probably level 20.

I was only upset about the attacks indirectly.  I was upset that I would be of less and if enough de-leveling, no help to my guild.  That made me upset. 

Since I can get full gold, I can help my guild.  That is really all I want to do.  Like I said, this game is my social outlet.

#16 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 22:03

I'd like to especially thank rowbeth for post #7 which is really well explained and, in my opinion, extremely clear on its expansion of zizz's explanation.

@Nat, you specifically requested not to receive advice, so I'll let that roll. Thanks for specifying that as it does save us time.

Now, one person said hourly hitting is frowned upon. That is incorrect. It is part of the PvP aspect. rowbeth's comment that it is NOT for prestige is really important. 

Unfortunately, a PvPer has, in my personal experience, little recourse to actually be able to tell you why they are hitting. I find that to be extremely unfortunate. 

Personally, I took two years to level up to smack somebody. I had my reasons. Prior to that, I was temp-banned precisely because I explained my reason. Not being able to explain is totally illogical in my opinion, but that's HCS policy. 

Anyway, follow Chewy's advice. If you change your mind and would like some additional suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask.

#17 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 22:53

Is it just me or is it alarming with regard to the recent spate of players getting beaten up hourly?

#18 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 23:25

Is it just me or is it alarming with regard to the recent spate of players getting beaten up hourly?

The lower levels in my guild *sub 300* are constantly getting 100 stammed by upwards of 3-4 people atleast tri hourly... IMO you shouldn't beable to 100 stam before you are atleast level 500 or something to that degree.

Edited by EpicPiety, 26 January 2016 - 23:26.

#19 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 23:35

Just love the descriptions used with regard to pvp within a GAME.

Cheers.

wil72

#20 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 23:48

Just you. What's "alarming" is the "apparent" lack of info from their Guild leaders about how to deal with it if they are actually, for some reason I fail to fathom, concerned about it. I'm still wondering why Natalie isn't buffed with Honor, but hey... she didn't want advice.

The lower levels in my guild *sub 300* are constantly getting 100 stammed by upwards of 3-4 people atleast tri hourly... IMO you shouldn't beable to 100 stam before you are atleast level 500 or something to that degree.

Seriously? lmao. 

To "try" and keep this on topic. There are reasons players are hit. We (and yes, I just said "we") may not agree with some of those reasons, but they are perfectly acceptable according to HCS policy on Fallen Sword.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: