• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 jbhouse

jbhouse

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 17:03

we need a published list of buff and the order the activate in so everyone can properly calculate numbers of their stats. anyone else have any input on this?

#2 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 18 October 2012 - 17:31

I published and tested damage calculator few months ago, you can download it here (excel):
https://docs.google.... ... GFhNDJ5eVE

You can easely see how it works. I think other stats work similar.

#3 jbhouse

jbhouse

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 17:47

i know there are some calculators like that out there but im talking about a HCS published list in the guide or wiki that shows what buffs activate in what order so you can figure out all the special effects for pvp and gvg and such. (example...does ageless activate before or after Severe Condition? Would make a huge difference in stats depending on which way it is)

#4 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 18 October 2012 - 17:56

i know there are some calculators like that out there but im talking about a HCS published list in the guide or wiki that shows what buffs activate in what order so you can figure out all the special effects for pvp and gvg and such. (example...does ageless activate before or after Severe Condition? Would make a huge difference in stats depending on which way it is)

They published a few before ... mainly when they changed activation order of those. But stat boosters you have to figure out yourself they said.

I don't seem to find when they posted order last time ... google search didnt find it XD

#5 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 18 October 2012 - 18:49

Have my online calc which does this

http://evolutions.yv...m/trainingcalc/

does more then just damage :)

#6 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 18 October 2012 - 19:44

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106287

Changed the combat skill activation order to Fortitude -> Severe Condition -> Ageless -> Wither.

#7 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 October 2012 - 17:39

Agree with you 100%. A comprehensive list posted some where. It would help a lot of players, including me, to push it to the next level when trying to optimize statistics. I never did understand why that information was not freely available.

#8 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 October 2012 - 17:43

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106287

Changed the combat skill activation order to Fortitude -> Severe Condition -> Ageless -> Wither.

That is what we need for ALL buffs, not just three.

#9 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2012 - 17:58

I agree 100% with you, I was just posting the answer to his SC / ageless question. It's never made sense why we don;t know the exact order of all buffs.

#10 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 18:03

I agree 100% with you, I was just posting the answer to his SC / ageless question. It's never made sense why we don;t know the exact order of all buffs.

Agreed here too... some players don't bother with pvp ladder cuz of this

#11 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2012 - 19:27

just chatting about this the other day. not sure why the cows would let us know the order of the hp affected buffs in a fix and not let us know about the others.

pretty sure the "full time" enhancement buffs are in the order that you cast them. ie berserk, fury and enchants should be cast before keen edge, smashing hammer, etc.. but i'm still a tad lost on the dark curse, nightmare visage, constitution and flinch side of things. as well as the armor vs damage ones as well.

maybe for a halloween bonus the cows could enlighten us 8)

#12 Zordor

Zordor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 October 2012 - 23:22

I would imagine it's because HCS isn't too sure... lol

#13 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 00:31

I would imagine it's because HCS isn't too sure... lol

But why if some players know this why would they share it with people who just want guides and instant answers for every issue they have in game. Leave it as a guessing game for them if they are too lazy to do the work.

#14 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:50

But why if some players know this why would they share it with people who just want guides and instant answers for every issue they have in game. Leave it as a guessing game for them if they are too lazy to do the work.

i'm sure that any players that may know this information came about it through tireless effort and hundreds of hours of gametime to individually parse the numerics for each instance without any collaboration with other players at all :roll:

even given this information, there's still a lot of work involved with setup and buff comparisons. this is hardly a "guide to pvp". not everyone is out to to get you. relax. :D

#15 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:16

i'm sure that any players that may know this information came about it through tireless effort and hundreds of hours of gametime to individually parse the numerics for each instance without any collaboration with other players at all :roll:

even given this information, there's still a lot of work involved with setup and buff comparisons. this is hardly a "guide to pvp". not everyone is out to to get you. relax. :D

Actually the buffs and setups are easy once you have the knowledge.

#16 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:30

Coming from one saying Arena players should share information/secrets :roll:

I prefer to keep it guessing/knowledge game too but we are on the edge.. number of players falling so we need to try the best to keep them playing.

#17 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2012 - 14:09

cool. and that's the purpose of this thread. no point for anyone without the spare time to experiment to fall short. as your bio states: "This is a game, not a job"

#18 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:48

I prefer to keep it guessing/knowledge game too but we are on the edge.. number of players falling so we need to try the best to keep them playing.

Of course we are ,personally I do not care if more people play the arena or not. I made a suggestion that I felt might get more people to participate in it.

The time has long passed for it to be saved sadly that flew by 18 months ago.And all that happened then is people saying NO to protect their own little fiefdoms now its coming home to roost.

Greed really has been so good for the game don't you think ?
I wonder when players will realize having 50 k fsps or more really is quite pointless when they have driven everyone else from the game.

#19 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:02

cool. and that's the purpose of this thread. no point for anyone without the spare time to experiment to fall short. as your bio states: "This is a game, not a job"

Once upon a time it was a job playing 18 hrs a day.My bio reflected my change in attitude.
My best tip to learn them find someone with chronic OCD and a very high attention to detail.

#20 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:10

Of course we are ,personally I do not care if more people play the arena or not. I made a suggestion that I felt might get more people to participate in it.

The time has long passed for it to be saved sadly that flew by 18 months ago.And all that happened then is people saying NO to protect their own little fiefdoms now its coming home to roost.

Greed really has been so good for the game don't you think ?
I wonder when players will realize having 50 k fsps or more really is quite pointless when they have driven everyone else from the game.

I don't get your point .. either you mean the ones who worked hard to learn arena and winning like they deserve is greed players cuz they play this aspect better than you do or just trolling...

whats your suggestion that would get more players to participate ? allow buffs instead of moves in arena? :o Its very bad idea as moves easier to understand than all these lucky buffs.

One time you want players to use their brain to play instead of sharing info, one time you calling them greeds ... stick on one attitude please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: