Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2012 - 14:27

Double XP Event

On the 21st December (after the Christmas Offer has been delivered), we will be running an AWESOME 48 hours Double XP Event. Let you friends and guild know as they won't want to miss it!

XP Protection

On Monday, we are going to be changing the PvP Protection upgrade to be the XP Protection upgrade. We'll be removing the gold protection from the upgrade and also reducing the cost of it. Due to the upgrade changing, if anyone still has the upgrade active before the change and would no longer like it applied due to the changes, please contact support and we will give you a pro-rata refund on the Fallen Sword Points used to activate it.

More Gold Upgrades

We'll be adding more Gold Upgrades later tonight which will allow you to buy more Bank Deposits per day and Component Slots.

Returning Players

We're planning to implement a feature which we'll make available now and again to allow you to send your friends and guild members who no longer play the game a special link to invite them back. If they return and play for at least 30 days, you and your friend will both get an exclusive reward! We'll be announcing more details on this soon.

Mega Content Update

We'll be releasing a mega content update before Christmas which will include 50 levels of new content. This will be a heavily themed linked story arc which we feel will be challenging. We've also got a normal 10 level content update going live next week.

Christmas Content

The traditional Christmas content will also be coming soon with some additional festively themed quests :)

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2012 - 14:31

Awesome! :)

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#3 TRBLmaker

TRBLmaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 14:32

wo0tttt 50 Contents :shock: wtg guys

x4gK4aR.png

#4 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 14:36

Thank you HCS.
Happy Holidays!

#5 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 14:42

Getting ready to do about 200 level at once then 8)

#6 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2012 - 14:45

Great! will be my first XP event, cant wait, thanks :mrgreen:

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#7 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 14:45

Thanks for the advance notice on the double XP and I'm drooling at the other stuff... ,oP

#8 fs_xoulou

fs_xoulou
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 14:46

Awesome! I'm looking forward to this! Just a quick question, though. The double XP event is coming on the 21st and running through the 23rd (Unless it's first thing the 21st and running through the end of the 22nd). The content update is coming before Christmas which can be anytime between now and the 24th. Is there a chance the content update will come out the 23rd or 24th of December after the double xp event is over?

#9 bittyboy

bittyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Awesome, that means level 1600 is possible now, any word on possible new buffs?

#10 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Hell Yeah!!!

#11 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 14 December 2012 - 14:47

Hoof, you never stop amazing me! Great updates. Merry Christmas.

#12 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 14:51

Sweet! :D

#13 Torlyn

Torlyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2012 - 14:58

Thought we agreed to leave the PVP protection as is? I for one don't want to have to interrupt my hunt to depo gold
and I don't wanna be attacked while I'm hunting.
I don't PVP and shouldn't have to be a target
Keep PVP to those who opt in!

#14 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:04

Thought we agreed to leave the PVP protection as is? I for one don't want to have to interrupt my hunt to depo gold
and I don't wanna be attacked while I'm hunting.
I don't PVP and shouldn't have to be a target
Keep PVP to those who opt in!

You thought wrong. Take a look again and try to read the stuff that you didnt agree with too, including the poll. There is no opt in to pvp. :)

#15 Eru

Eru

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:08

We love you cows.. Although some of us tend to do nothing but complain.. There is obviously reasons that they keep coming back to complain.. Thanks to all of you for making this game something special :)

#16 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:12

Hooray! We shall have 300k+ MP and fsp only potions! Poll lasted only less than day, not every member of my guild had time to cast vote.

Does XP protection mean:
a) PvPr can hit me but I get no xp loss, only loose gold and repair cost of gear, while PvP'r gets prestige
or
B) I cannot be hit by PvP?

If a), I find that really unfair against levelers who have bought protection, they have to constanly repair gear, sell gold while they level, thus forcing MP to spike up.

#17 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:14

Awesome! I'm looking forward to this! Just a quick question, though. The double XP event is coming on the 21st and running through the 23rd (Unless it's first thing the 21st and running through the end of the 22nd). The content update is coming before Christmas which can be anytime between now and the 24th. Is there a chance the content update will come out the 23rd or 24th of December after the double xp event is over?

+1 Would be nice to know if the mega content will be released at the same time as the xp event.

Overall nice updates, looking forward to buying some upgrades, leveling through the content with the event, searching for gold and clearing some bounties ( from gold hits) :) kudos.

#18 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:19

If a), I find that really unfair against levelers who have bought protection, they have to constanly repair gear, sell gold while they level, thus forcing MP to spike up.

Dont buy it if you dont like it :)

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:19

They have to constantly repair gear, sell gold while they level, thus forcing MP to spike up.

Having been doing a hell of a lot of leveling of late, I can tell you right now that I repair constantly and deposit my gold into my bank. It's what the bank is there for. Additionally, your uncalled for name calling has been removed.

#20 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:22

Levelers are pretty active I've seen many threads get derailed by PvP v. Leveler argument

Merchants and potion makers are often much more quiet

One good point though the game is good for levelers (I should know I mostly level). But having tried PvP (it can be really fun and a lot more social) I can tell you PvP aspects have been nerfed.

It's not only about making the game good for a certain type of player but to find a workable balance for all sides. I know this can be an inconviniece (which is why I think there should be a separate gold protection upgrade).

Pay for both and it's more than the current upgrade or pay for one and its slightly less

For example 28 days goes from 100 fsp to 75 (hypothetical guess at reduced price for xp protection). If you want both it's 150 fsp every 28 days.

Maybe even make it so for every day of protection you can't use it again for an equal amount of days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: