Photo

Suggestion: PvP Protection Change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic

Poll: Which option do you prefer? (625 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option do you prefer?

1. Voted Remove the PvP Protection upgrade completely (except for 14 days protection for new players). (186 votes [29.76%])

Percentage of vote: 29.76%

2. Voted Keep PvP Protection, but lower the amount of gold it protects. (84 votes [13.44%])

Percentage of vote: 13.44%

3. Voted Leave the PvP Protection upgrade as it currently is. (355 votes [56.80%])

Percentage of vote: 56.80%

Vote

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2012 - 23:53

Hi all,

We're wondering if we should look at changing the PvP Protection upgrade. We feel that PvP is an important part of the game and some of the updates may have detracted from it, hence we are looking at this change.

Our thoughts on options are as follows:

1) Remove the PvP Protection upgrade completely (except for 14 days protection for new players).

-- or --

2) Keep PvP Protection, but lower the amount of gold it protects.

-- or --

3) Leave the PvP Protection upgrade as it currently is.

We realise this will be quite a controversial topic and are not planning any immediate changes so please keep your comments constructive :)

#2 Dillan2332

Dillan2332

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 23:56

Hopefully it gets taken out :)

#3 Dillan2332

Dillan2332

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 23:57

Remember Hoof, this game is a pvp game just like u said :)

#4 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 23:59

PvP is the only aspect of the game where you can be dragged into unwillingly .. but, my vote is to keep the protection, but lower the gold protection amount.

That "SHOULD" be a happy compromise between pvp'rs and levellers, but we'll see :)

#5 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:00

Suggestion:

1) Remove pvp protection.

2) Restore PvP Smasher to its former glory. Any pvp hit should count for the smasher medal ... after all ... 100 stam hit = 100 stam hit.

3) Reduce the amount of levels that can be lost to 2 or 3 on the boards. Multiple postings for multiple hits = a crap ton of levels to be lost. Discourages pvping at the higher levels when it takes months to earn those levels.

#6 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:00

I also agree with keeping it but drastically if not completely remove the gold protection. A compromise is a must in this situation so we all need to bend a little.

#7 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:02

Also, Hoof you promised that pvp protection would never exist. Kind of felt like you went back on your word / this game should have some risk to it.

Deflect 175 gives you 43.75% chance not to be hit ... maybe 25-35% if you consider anti-deflect and spell breaker. that is more than enough ..

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:02

Pvp Protection should be removed, also regarding the new bounty rules implemented really killed pvp i think there should be a XP multiplier that makes it so if you attack a person 5 times that the bounty exp that will be lost will be less on all.so instead of losing 50 levels from 10 bounties you lose maybe 10-15? Why you might ask? it kills Pvp mostly for low levels and high levels a little bit.

~EpicPiety

#9 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:03

Pvp Protection should be removed, also regarding the new bounty rules implemented really killed pvp i think there should be a XP multiplier that makes it so if you attack a person 5 times that the bounty exp that will be lost will be less on all.so instead of losing 50 levels from 10 bounties you lose maybe 10-15? Why you might ask? it kills Pvp mostly for low levels and high levels a little bit.

~EpicPiety

It kills it far more in the higher levels, since it requires more stamina to level up, but I agree with your point.

Prestige hits, gold hits, and regular pvp hits, don't exist anymore for the most part ..

#10 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:04

If removing it completely doesn't become a realistic option further on in this thread ... then:

I also agree with keeping it but drastically if not completely remove the gold protection. A compromise is a must in this situation so we all need to bend a little.

+1

#11 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

I voted get rid of it, more fun! I thought about attempting to have a go at a bounty hunt medal, but there are never any players at my level to attack. Hopefully this would result in more attacks, thus more bounties placed. :D

Just to add a quick experience I had as a newbie, when I saw I had PvP protection, I thought it was just that... protection! I had no idea it only protected a certain amount of Gold per level, so I went ahead and traded some FSP to make a large deposit in my Bank so I could use that for buying buffs in the future.

I logged off thinking what I had left would be protected, logged back in to find I had lost over half a mill, its no biggy, but other new players may find it helpful if you could somehow explain/direct them to what the protections limits are.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#12 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

keep it and remove or lower gold protection from it and reduce the cost of it .

#13 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:05

I'd say remove it completely and remove expiration time from Bounty board so players don't have any chance to avoid the punishment

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

~EpicPiety

It kills it far more in the higher levels, since it requires more stamina to level up, but I agree with your point.

Furthering my thought maybe one bounty is full amount of XP lost then 2nd bounty in 48 hours is HALF that amount and so on.

#15 fs_pokemon449

fs_pokemon449
  • Guests

remove it i mena its a pvp game i mean u r hit your hit ok so hwta regian your levels but the new bounty rules really do kill pvp i mena u can lose 50 levels on 10 bountys whrere as u should lsoe only 10-15

#16 HORSEMANBR

HORSEMANBR

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:06

will decrease if the amount of gold protected, the better is cut off pvp.

#17 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:06

PvP is the only aspect of the game where you can be dragged into unwillingly .. but, my vote is to keep the protection, but lower the gold protection amount.

That "SHOULD" be a happy compromise between pvp'rs and levellers, but we'll see :)

what about gvg? playing devils advocate a bit, : P. Why does everyone feel "WRONGED" if they get hit in pvp. hit back, bounty, or shut up. 3 good options in my honest opinion.

#18 fs_sangdiablo

fs_sangdiablo
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:07

Go for it all, shindrak. Ditch the max. levels that can be lost on the bounty board along with that. PvPers claim the game needs more risk...give them more risk.

#19 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:07

pvp protection should stay if you dont like to pvp then you should have the right to at least buy the opt out. if you remove it all you will find is ppl constantly 100 stam smacked for what ever reason with no way for some to protect themselfs. and please dont say smack back as it doesnt work nor does getting your guild to take 5 unless there in a pvp guild because after ur team mates starting losing levels too trying to protect you it isnt fair on them

#20 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:08

i'm a leveler (who apparently cant find predictive text on his phone), but i feel pvp is a great behavioral correction mechanism and certainly keeps you on on your toes. what good is light without dark, evil without good?

option 1. who knows, maybe i'll grow some and go pvp?!?

DP
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: