52 replies to this topic

#1 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 00:47

Hi all people have long complained leveling is nothing more than pressing 12345678 R.

I think I have a solution to that.

If we look at the White Bakab level 1490

Statistics
Class: Demon Level: 1490
Attack: 4575 - 4765 Defense: 25689 - 25753
Armor: 297 - 463 Damage: 7196 - 7358
HP: 45482 - 45838 Gold: 269 - 331
XP: 7986 - 8654

Notice how little variation there is in the Stats most are inside a 200 point range .

What I am proposing would see the base number for the stat be applied and then multiplied 3 times. So in the case of this critter the stats would change to as follows .
Attack:4575 - 13725 defense: 25689 - 77067
Armor :297 - 891 damage: 7196 - 21588

Now as most of you would realize this would require you to actually plan and check before clicking attack.
This would help players learn how to make setups and adjust stats on the fly which is really a core skill of the whole game.It would also encourage players to understand why they use Buffs and when to use them.
Which in turn I believe would create more communication between players asking for help.
At the end of the day this is a game and needs to be played .

#2 Zordor

Zordor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:50

I fully support this idea :) I used to really enjoy hunting when it was a bit of a challenge, and you could catch up to people by hunting smart.

It's so easy now, that changing the variation on the creature stats would make things more interesting. It's still doable, but with a challenge involved.

#3 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:55

Would be great if it wouldn't make it so tedious to where you need to check stats before every kill.

That said, I'm behind any idea that gets more players thinking about proper usage of buffs and game mechanics.

#4 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:26

Would be great if it wouldn't make it so tedious to where you need to check stats before every kill.

That said, I'm behind any idea that gets more players thinking about proper usage of buffs and game mechanics.

Well in the case of this critter I can still get enough attack to hit it and have over 50 k damage so including death dealer it would still be a straight 12345678 R .
But Critters that have higher base armor stats like the 28 k type numbers would require a lot more thought about buffs used and setups used to kill them.

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:51

I'm all for having tweaks like this if it makes leveling more interesting! I'd agree that the 100 to 200 points variance to each stat is a bit too narrow to provide any really change. We're interested in hearing what the Community thinks on this!

#6 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:56

Yea could increase stats variance for creatures but dont make them Elites stats...

#7 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:29

I don't think this is the way to make leveling more interesting. The creatures with high stats in one (like defence) won't be killed untill all of the map is filled with only these. Most high level people use a lot of expensive potions which give them a lot of offense which would still be higher than the stats you can throw at them without going Elite/SE stats. While the lower people who don't earn enough money from a hunt can't get enough stats and will become angry.

#8 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:47

I don't think this is the way to make leveling more interesting. The creatures with high stats in one (like defence) won't be killed untill all of the map is filled with only these. Most high level people use a lot of expensive potions which give them a lot of offense which would still be higher than the stats you can throw at them without going Elite/SE stats. While the lower people who don't earn enough money from a hunt can't get enough stats and will become angry.

LOL and what experience are you basing this on ? As I stated earlier in this thread it is possible to still get enough attack and one hit the critter despite it having 77 k def .
I use a maximum of 34 buffs to hunt with ,despite that I have never encountered a level that was not at least 90% one hit.

#9 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:50

This idea would also make a players level up points and how they use them, very interesting ;)

#10 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:53

LOL and what experience are you basing this on ? As I stated earlier in this thread it is possible to still get enough attack and one hit the critter despite it having 77 k def .
I use a maximum of 34 buffs to hunt with ,despite that I have never encountered a level that was not at least 90% one hit.

Its boring to keep open every creature stats to check their stats then hit... not really interesting

Unless HC's make the creature stats show up when you mouse over it and make switching to other combat set works without refreshing pages

#11 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:59

Its boring to keep open every creature stats to check their stats then hit... not really interesting

Unless HC's make the creature stats show up when you mouse over it and make switching to other combat set works without refreshing pages

Then why wouldn't you design your setup to cater for that in the first place ?It is your choice if you choose to check every critters stats.When a player of your skill can design setups to get around this.

#12 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2012 - 13:39

It takes me 1-2 hours to level as it is... if i have to check every kill, 100s of times per level then that would just be horrible. I am against this for regular creatures, but totally for this idea with Elites, Champions and Super Elites.

#13 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 14:00

It takes me 1-2 hours to level as it is... if i have to check every kill, 100s of times per level then that would just be horrible. I am against this for regular creatures, but totally for this idea with Elites, Champions and Super Elites.

+1

The new map finally got me down from 4 hour hunts to 2-3 hour hunts, won't be able to afford hunting if I have to evaluate every critter before I hit it

#14 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 14:32

I'm all for having tweaks like this if it makes leveling more interesting! I'd agree that the 100 to 200 points variance to each stat is a bit too narrow to provide any really change. We're interested in hearing what the Community thinks on this!

Are you going to advertise this thread "in game" then, so as to give the entire community a chance to comment? Depending on the variance you are considering it would be safe to say this is going to have some effect on the succesfulness of ones hunt and therefore should be well commented on prior to any decision.

As far as the variance suggested by the original poster I believe it is way to high. All that have so far made comment here are of a very high level and have taken full advantage of what you deem unchallenging hunts to achieve this. Here's my situation though. I'm trying to level as quick as i can to increase my Guilds xp. Its a challenge in itself trying to crack the top 250 Guilds. I have the right gear to level and use the required buffs and pots. I'm not looking for a win button. A variance to the degree suggested by the original poster wouldn't be a challenge but more a disaster. Not to me personally but to my Guild. Yes you can say "recruit more players or get higher level players in your guild" to gain the XP, well its easier said than done. Also think of the gear changes required, big established guilds are sound but what about us young little guys who at the moment have limited bp space? I repeat, if the variance is to high it could and probably will have a detrimental impact on smaller Guilds striving for success.

#15 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 October 2012 - 14:43

You might want to check out this topic, this topic and this one too. :wink:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#16 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 October 2012 - 14:49

Notice how little variation there is in the Stats most are inside a 200 point range .

What I am proposing would see the base number for the stat be applied and then multiplied 3 times. So in the case of this critter the stats would change to as follows .

Now as most of you would realize this would require you to actually plan and check before clicking attack.
This would help players learn how to make setups and adjust stats on the fly which is really a core skill of the whole game. It would also encourage players to understand why they use Buffs and when to use them.
Which in turn I believe would create more communication between players asking for help.

Indeed, levelling is too easy.

But I doubt that is all too blame on the variation of the stats. When trying to find a good setup people mostly look at the maximum amount of each stat and create a setup that can beat those.
For example, with the new stats for this creature I'd try to find a setup with lots of attack (and sets) and use KE200 and DC225 to beat the 77k defense. Getting enough defense/armor to survive is always a secondary goal (and probably not a very realistic one here), so the rest of my stats would be in damage. Seeing as I need rather much attack I might not get enough damage to 1-hit so I'll be using Wither350 or some Counter Attack level.

But I think you're on the right track here.
The stats of the creatures shouldn't make the creature nearly impossible to kill (so a defense of 77k might work at level 1400+, but it would make a level 900 creature close to invincible (and no, hunting while relying on the 2% chance isn't an option :P). But the stats can be increased to make people use their brains to kill creatures by giving some of them rather unpredictable stats. With that I mean one level has a creature with high defense and an other level has high armor, etc. But if levels have creatures with very high variance then each creature can have (either) high attack, high defense, high armor and (or) high damage. That means you will have to check every single creature and change your setup accordingly. Sure, it will make you think more about your setup and buffs, but I guess people will find it very tedious to do it this way. :|

I think somethat Coyotik once proposed would be better. Coyotik made a topic about harder to kill creatures so that it takes several rounds to kill the creature (and people got the same amount of XP per stamina in the end). 8)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#17 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 15:15

+1

#18 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 23:14

This would help players learn how to make setups and adjust stats on the fly which is really a core skill of the whole game. It would also encourage players to understand why they use Buffs and when to use them.

Indeed, levelling is too easy.

But I doubt that is all too blame on the variation of the stats. When trying to find a good setup people mostly look at the maximum amount of each stat and create a setup that can beat those.
For example, with the new stats for this creature I'd try to find a setup with lots of attack (and sets) and use KE200 and DC225 to beat the 77k defense. Getting enough defense/armor to survive is always a secondary goal (and probably not a very realistic one here), so the rest of my stats would be in damage. Seeing as I need rather much attack I might not get enough damage to 1-hit so I'll be using Wither350 or some Counter Attack level.

But I think you're on the right track here.
The stats of the creatures shouldn't make the creature nearly impossible to kill (so a defense of 77k might work at level 1400+, but it would make a level 900 creature close to invincible (and no, hunting while relying on the 2% chance isn't an option :P). But the stats can be increased to make people use their brains to kill creatures by giving some of them rather unpredictable stats. With that I mean one level has a creature with high defense and an other level has high armor, etc. But if levels have creatures with very high variance then each creature can have (either) high attack, high defense, high armor and (or) high damage. That means you will have to check every single creature and change your setup accordingly. Sure, it will make you think more about your setup and buffs, but I guess people will find it very tedious to do it this way. :|

My question to you would be why would you need to look at every single critter ? As I stated earlier in the thread it is possible to hit this critter and still have over 50 k damage for us at Eoc.

Now lets use another example you mentioned level 900 Myagar Dark Creeper before change applied
Statistics
Class: Plant Level: 900
Attack: 4271 - 4465 Defense: 2481 - 2587
Armor: 5150 - 5338 Damage: 6905 - 6999
After
Attack 4271 - 12813 Defense 2481 - 7443
Armor 5150 - 15450 Damage 6905 -20715

And again these stats are beatable using gear from that level range but require more thought than what occurs now.

Now for a level 500 critter Ancient Grove Treeman

Attack: 2617 - 2801 Defense: 3192 - 3274
Armor: 1759 - 1951 Damage: 2158 - 2294

Attack 2617 - 7851 Defense 3192 - 9576
Armor 1759 - 5277 Damage 2158 - 6474

And yet again the stats can be beaten consistently by a player this level .

#19 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:19

This idea is flawed and bias. Example (excuse my low level = not smart):
A man, let's call him Woody. He's 40 years old. He wants to date a 20 year old girl, let's call her Soon. The difference is 100% the age and also 20 years. Now suppose Woody is 60 years old, and now Soon is 40, the difference is now only 50% (relative to Soon), but still 20 years.

So, my point is, of course higher level (or old Woody) would favor this idea. To all others, it's preposterous, laborious, and ultimately time consuming.

-1 to the OP.

Seq.

[edit]
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#20 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:29

This idea is flawed and bias. Example (excuse my low level = not smart):
A man, let's call him Woody. He's 40 years old. He wants to date a 20 year old girl, let's call her Soon. The difference is 100% the age and also 20 years. Now suppose Woody is 60 years old, and now Soon is 40, the difference is now only 50% (relative to Soon), but still 20 years.

So, my point is, of course higher level (or old Woody) would favor this idea. To all others, it's preposterous, laborious, and ultimately time consuming.

-1 to the OP.

Seq.

Actually it is not flawed or biased it just requires players to know and understand the game mechanics better than they do now.
And ultimately that is what games are about the better you get the easier they become.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: