BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:24

Hi there Everyone.

We have heard from many of you that you'd like more stims. Listening to feedback, we are looking to add stims for the following skills.

Traverse.
Data Processor.
Researcher.
Mission Finder.
Salvage.
Defiance.
Strike.
& an Accelerator 300.

The other stims would be about Buff Level 100. This means that they are high enough to be useful but any Buff Sellers will not be put off.

The other thing is where to put them. The Acc will be inventable but the others are likely to be in Slaughterfest Prizes and the Special Section of the Trade Hub. They will be exclusive to that section, hopefully increasing interest in the SF and encouraging trading. Possible Credit costs would be welcome.

~ The Sigmastorm 2 Team

#2 firefox854

firefox854

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:45

YESSSS! :P

#3 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:09

We already have KR stims at level 50(store buyable) and 150 (inventable). Could you possibly swap the KR for FI?

Looking forward to the Traverse and Strike stims as I don't have either of those buffs.

#4 ss_n3crod3ous

ss_n3crod3ous
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:14

I was saying only the other day how i thought you guys should have made DP and Res stims. as there are low level AL and Lib potions in Fallen Sword. I guess the cow gods heard me :D they will certainly help new players level faster, and make it a bit easier for them to get into the game.

#5 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:14

The other stims would be about Buff Level 100. This means that they are high enough to be useful but any Buff Sellers will not be put off.

The reason we requested stims is because buff sellers are difficult to find, If the stims are only level 100 and not what matches my current level then you haven't solved the problem and leaves me and many others still looking for non existent buffs, not being able to find buffs when needed is a game killer for those with limited time to play.

#6 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:18

The reason we requested stims is because buff sellers are difficult to find, If the stims are only level 100 and not what matches my current level then you haven't solved the problem and leaves me and many others still looking for non existent buffs, not being able to find buffs when needed is a game killer for those with limited time to play.

agreed the new stims are to low to increase interest in sf have you thought about making the stims 150 ?

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:30

So you suggest that level 100 skills aren't good enough and that all the buff sellers should be put out of business?

Putting it at 100 allows them to stay in business while still offering you a chance at buffs you find useful when you can find buffers.

#8 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:40

I think 100 is plenty enough to be useful and still leave room for those who want the extra 5-40 currently additional points who want that buff themselves that high, be it for selling or personal use. There should be a choice of what path you want and no "win" buttons.

#9 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:41

So you suggest that level 100 skills aren't good enough and that all the buff sellers should be put out of business?

Putting it at 100 allows them to stay in business while still offering you a chance at buffs you find useful when you can find buffers.

1. No they aren't good enough level 20 players can have level 100 skills, No way will i ever touch a DP 100, LOL
2. What buff sellers would you be referring to. If i could find buffers when i need them i wouldn't be asking for stims
3. Lack of availability to buffs is killing this game as frustrated player leave or quit. (even i know how frustrating it is as I've almost quit when i can't find even the basic buffs)
4. I asked for a buff seller market many times, now we're settling for stims so how could you ask me that?

#10 ss_icytheicy

ss_icytheicy
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:45

Hello everyone, I think I need to remind you all with 3 points:

1) We have only 200 or less players online at a time.

2) No one relies on selling buffs as a way to earn credits.

3) The most effective way to earn credits is to Hunt (or whatever you call it)

If I'm wrong please correct me.

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:47

So, what do we want? 120? 130? I shall be waiting for more feedback!

#12 ss_icytheicy

ss_icytheicy
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:51

So, what do we want? 120? 130? I shall be waiting for more feedback!

A lvl 120 stim ( = lvl 200 buff) is reasonable enough for the TH, a lvl 150 stim for SF and maybe inventable.

#13 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:54

For DP and Res i need 135 minimum, The others i could be more flexible with 120 & 130 but would like to hear more opinions from others.

#14 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 13:12

For Defiance we need a level 400 stim, for Brinkmanship a level 500 stim, a 200 Data Processor, a 200 Researcher and a level 1000 Find Item. I don't want to spend any skill points in Core skills and save all my points Class skills. Too bad that Mutants don't have as many class skills that are as inticing as the other 3 classes full trees.

C'mon people. Let's be real here.

#15 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 13:15

A little too high and some of those skills weren't offered?

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2011 - 13:18

For DP and Res i need 135 minimum, The others i could be more flexible with 120 & 130 but would like to hear more opinions from others.

Why does that have to be the minimum?

For Defiance we need a level 400 stim, for Brinkmanship a level 500 stim, a 200 Data Processor, a 200 Researcher and a level 1000 Find Item.

Far too high. Not going to happen. This is not Fallen Sword with the OP potions.

#17 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 13:24

For Defiance we need a level 400 stim, for Brinkmanship a level 500 stim, a 200 Data Processor, a 200 Researcher and a level 1000 Find Item.

Far too high. Not going to happen. This is not Fallen Sword with the OP potions.

I guess my sarcasim was lost on that one. :oops:

#18 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 13:27

Maurybund was clearly being tongue in cheek - hence the 'C'mon guys, let's be real' comment!

I would be happy with level 125 stims for a reasonable credit cost. It still leaves room for the buffers, but provides a great alternative for players under level 250 to sink a few extra creds. I know I would probably fill in my few skill gaps with 125 stims if they were on offer.

I think there should be an incentive to invest in skills yourself if they are that vital Ed - having stims at the same or higher level than player skills disincentivises choice for players. You should be able to get good skills from stims, or better ones from yourself or other players in my opinion. If the other players aren't around at an absolutely convenient time then perhaps a less efficient hunt might be required.

#19 Sakuliver

Sakuliver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 13:33

with all respect, but I wouldn't buy L.100 stims either. Everybody tries to make most out of his hunting experience, including the highest possible level buffs you can get. With the current distribution of players over the levels and the availability I want at least L.125 for my hunt, but preferable higher. I can see the problem that making the stims L.130 (or 135, 140) would remove the little sales lower level players have from selling their buffs though.
So, why not make two stims for each skill....a L.100 stim which everybody can use and a L.135 stim which you can use from L.200 (for example) upwards. This way the higher levels can get normal hunting skills when needed, the lower level market is not removed, and if a lower level player wants high level buffs he can still normally buy them from a high level buffer.

#20 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 13:36

I'm already in the 135 range, very close to 140, with gaining levels taking longer and longer I'm not interested in lower DP & Res which would bring me back to the problem of lack of available buffers and most players want to buy the highest DP & Res, Not asking for a ridiculously high rate just what's currently available :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: