do you think that there should be more monsters?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: (read the whole post). do u agree? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

(read the whole post). do u agree?

1. no (8 votes [10.39%])

Percentage of vote: 10.39%

2. Voted yes (69 votes [89.61%])

Percentage of vote: 89.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 fs_geoff

fs_geoff
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 14:07

if you search the suggestions forum, im pretty sure that you'll see a heap of threads about this.
i would like for there to be one major poll, to see how everybody feels. (hopefully this will be it :) - otherwise please sticky another one)

basically, there is a shortage of monsters for us to kill within some lvl brackets. when we fall into these, we have 2 choices while waiting to be allowed into better areas:
either search the higher lvl areas we can get into, wasting about 5 times as much stam walking as we do fighting
OR
stay in a lower lvl area, getting abysmal xp, but having at least 2-3 creatures per square in most cases.

the main lvl brackets that i know of are:
-lvl 42-44, where you choose between amazon encampment (about 50 xp per monster at lvl 43, lvl 100 AL - but there is a decent amount of monsters) or moot forest/eldira port (100-120 xp per kill at lvl 43, but only about 1 monster per 5 spaces or so)
-lvl 30-33, where you choose between udan forest (not much xp, but decent amount of creatures) or crystal caverns/burning abyss lvl 1/2 (monsters give good xp, but are few and far between)
if anyone else has others, please post here and ill add them.

but there are also areas that no1 trains in due to lack of creatures, and these are what i would really like to see changed:
-forgotten forest
-moot forest
-crystal caverns
-eldira port
-krul forest east
-burning abyss levels 1 and 2
-will add more as they are said, cant remember them off the top of my head, but i know there are a lot more

"The spawn on normal creatures is constant, which means when you kill a creature it automatically respawns somewhere else. The problem is that in some zones you have to spend 15 stamina to figure out where it respawned. This isn't always a bad thing, there are sometimes multiple places to go to hunt and level so you can just choose one of the other zones, but sometimes there are sticking points where the best creature to hunt for your level are in a huge zone and there just aren't enough spawns to make leveling efficient. The forgotten forest comes to mind as a good example. Great creatures, but you have to do a lot of walking to find them. "
-treeline

so the problem isnt really the spawn rate of monsters - just the small amount of them, and the vast areas that they are spread out in.

to sum things up, i think there are some areas that need more monsters

if anyone has anything to add, im going to update this post with as much info as i can

http://forum.fallens...opic.php?t=9411
^^ good topic in general discussion

#2 fs_borisdrago

fs_borisdrago
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 17:15

i think thouse botleneck zones meant to slow down ppl who are way ahead of thecurve and maybe put a bit of grind in the game

i personally dont make it a point to lvl as high as posible so it doesnt affect me as much so i put no but i see how this can be frustrating :)

#3 fs_geoff

fs_geoff
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 22:56

well, you havent got to 43 yet...
ive been lvl 43 for over a week now - it kinda sucks...

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2007 - 00:09

Please name the creatures and we will take a look at the spawn rates :)

#5 fs_daegon

fs_daegon
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:06

vampiric raptors and vampire magis... thats all i kow of right now cant remember the others... or is it supposed to be harder to lvl up...

#6 fs_geoff

fs_geoff
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:15

@ hoof: every creature in every one of the maps listed.

i dont know what creatures are in some of them, as i never went (after posting in general discussion and getting 10 ppl saying not to go in there due to lack of monsters)

the specific creatures i know of:
vampire magi
blood golems
vampiric raptors
those ogre (or is it orc?) things in eldira port

#7 fs_cl2006

fs_cl2006
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:37

Level 42-44 aren't that hard. Well atleast 42 and 43 weren't. Lost Souls all the way. Not nice on the gold income, but they do still give 60xp at level 44 and are very plentiful.

#8 fs_b3nito

fs_b3nito
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2007 - 20:07

Yup higher spawn rates would be useful.. But then the really high levels can again excel ahead of me :P

I really want to get onto the High scores.. Never gona happen :P

#9 fs_geoff

fs_geoff
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:30

Level 42-44 aren't that hard. Well atleast 42 and 43 weren't. Lost Souls all the way. Not nice on the gold income, but they do still give 60xp at level 44 and are very plentiful.

i dont know how long ago you were lvl 44, but lost souls are definately NOT plentiful.
there are way too many people there for the amount of monsters. 2 lvls ago, i trained there and there were about 1 on average per square. since then, a lot more ppl have levelled up and now need a place to train...

basically, im still better getting 30/monster in the amazon encampment

#10 fs_azrail

fs_azrail
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:08

like i said before somewhere there should be a min and max cap how many normal creatures on a specific map for ppl online on that map. that way if u're the only one on that map online u'll get min monster number cap and even if there isn't that much creature to hunt u should be lvling up relatively easy. if a max cap reached (say 4 monsters per square) u'll still lvl up relatively easy. i know that needs a major tweak and some experiment process to find what should be the monster number rate (also that should only be available to common monsters). but i think that is the most effecient way to do this. if u use percantage than it shouldn't matter much how many players playing on some specific map otherwise there will be a need to constant watch from devolopers to all maps to see what the player number is on that maps and what should be the max effective/ min frustration and balanced lvl up rate.

#11 fs_geoff

fs_geoff
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:00

just on the luminous den 3: lost souls give 43 XP each (with lvl 100 AL), and there's still only about 1-2 per square.
basically, 44 is THE CRAPPEST LVL EVER!

(btw, im going on holiday for a week and wont be on much if at all. if someone could keep this thread bumped, id greatly appreciate it)

ALSO: at any devs: PLEASE try making ur char lvl 44 (im sure u can do that somehow... if not, borrow mine for a while ;)) and try to lvl up... ill bet u 100 FSP that ull be extremely bored of the game before you do...

#12 fs_maynoth

fs_maynoth
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2007 - 19:40

its faster to stay in sub lvl30 areas and make 10exp a kill than to hunt for 30 spaces to find one monster..

#13 fs_b3nito

fs_b3nito
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2007 - 21:56

Lol there abit comlicated... Need normal names :)

#14 fs_maynoth

fs_maynoth
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2007 - 22:09

need we more popele what can that speak engrish? you think soo too also? It is the hard for I to the be undertstanding sometimes what popele mean baecause thar engrish makes sense not sometimes, yes?

#15 fs_geoff

fs_geoff
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2007 - 23:35

90% have voted yes...
and one of the ppl that voted no probably just wants to catch up to the higher lvls

#16 fs_b3nito

fs_b3nito
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2007 - 23:38

Lol.. Very true..

#17 fs_maynoth

fs_maynoth
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:18

man I am already looking for an alt web game to play... I am 34 and went back to burning abyss lvl3-4 and their are still barely any mobs to kill... this blows...
this game had a lot of potential... but not having anything to kill makes it painfully boring....

#18 fs_majestyk

fs_majestyk
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 18:56

HEY MORON. if you haven't noticed everytime they add a new location for higher levels the other locations spawn rates go up....so yes it does to slow us high levels down and the low levels will most likely have no problem getting kills in the burning abyss's once they get there. SO XXXX XXXX

What is wrong with you? Don't you think that response is a little over the top for what he said? I'd strongly suggest you go take your Ritalin now.

#19 fs_b3nito

fs_b3nito
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 19:29

Lol that is alittle harsh :P

Clam down!!

Cmon.. Its a game...

And this is only a game forum :lol:

#20 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:44

Going to look at the spawn rates for these creatures today :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: