Photo

MUGGER'S MEDAL POLL/PVP check Gold Stealing medal thread

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

Poll: Should there be Mugger's medal? (132 member(s) have cast votes)

Should there be Mugger's medal?

1. Voted Yes (89 votes [67.42%])

Percentage of vote: 67.42%

2. Voted No (43 votes [32.58%])

Percentage of vote: 32.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gunslinger

Gunslinger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Badge
  • Finland

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:07

Hi,

As pvpier I wish that you will add new medal to the game. Gold stealing medal. And create top 100 gold stealer list. I believe this would revive pvp in this game.

#2 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:13

pardon me, but wasn't there a previous thread with the same suggestion?
ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#3 fs_evilix

fs_evilix
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:19

pardon me, but wasn't there a previous thread with the same suggestion?

yea,but this one has a poll attached to it

#4 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:27

I voted yes, and figured I'd toss in a shameless plug for an earlier thread on the matter.. back from b4 the introduction of the now ruined smasher medal;

New Thievery Medal.
Same as above, but based on how much gold you take. Once again, only have it count gold taken with 100 stam hits, so those who are pure bounty hunters don’t find ’emselves with a thieves medal.
The medal should be based on gold stolen, not gold gained.
My suggestion for obtaining the medals, can be different - as long as it isn't easy
Bronze: 10.000.000 gold stolen
Silver: 100.000.000 gold stolen
Gold: 1.000.000.000 gold stolen
Crystal: 1.000.000.000.000 Gold stolen

The complete post and thread in full can be found here -> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104554

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#5 fs_evilix

fs_evilix
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:59

I voted yes, and figured I'd toss in a shameless plug for an earlier thread on the matter.. back from b4 the introduction of the now ruined smasher medal;

New Thievery Medal.
Same as above, but based on how much gold you take. Once again, only have it count gold taken with 100 stam hits, so those who are pure bounty hunters don’t find ’emselves with a thieves medal.
My suggestion for obtaining the medals, can be different - as long as it isn't easy

The complete post and thread in full can be found here -> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104554

Of course I voted yes as well and your suggestion for the way the medal(s) should be given is Perfect (FF) :)

#6 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:04

New Thievery Medal.

I disagree with the fact that you need to 100 stamina hit, it will just add another "Smasher medal" this time out of the Bounty Board and PvP Ladder ~ and it would take 100's of bounties to achieve the "Mugger's medal" as players at BB don't keep much gold in hand anyways.

Just my oppinion..

#7 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:32

While I do believe there should be a medal. As I stated in the original thread there should me more medals for other aspects of the game: regular PvP, inventing, merchanting.

IT SHOULD NOT be called Mugger's medal. I mean seriously how do you expect the rest of the community to support this if you are likening yourself to common criminals and are proud of it. Let the concept remain but please come up with a more appropriate name

#8 athdenald

athdenald

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:41

A big yes to this, I love the idea. :)

#9 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:42

Great idea - I voted yes

#10 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 January 2013 - 17:58

how do you plan on getting around the reaction of when the smasher medal was introduced, my views on pvp have changed since then but i can forsee the masses heading to the forum in numbers you only see with such a pvp change, you are expecting hoof to ignore 100 or more protestors?

#11 Gunslinger

Gunslinger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Badge
  • Finland

Posted 10 January 2013 - 18:15

how do you plan on getting around the reaction of when the smasher medal was introduced, my views on pvp have changed since then but i can forsee the masses heading to the forum in numbers you only see with such a pvp change, you are expecting hoof to ignore 100 or more protestors?

Don't know how people will reach before hand. At the moment I seen 84% yes votes. Which is positive reaction.

I hate to see more and mores pvpier leaving this game. To me this is one way street. My last effort to make pvp part of game even decent.

#12 mimdala

mimdala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 18:18

Well wouldn't the targets for this medal be people who are carrying too much gold on them? but enough players already take precautions against this, so there's really no reason for any outcry. We levelers will just have to be more vigilant when hunting, which is a good idea anyway.
The only good argument against this medal that I can see is that it *might* drive the MP prices up again, but oh well.
I voted "yes" by the way.

mimdala_zps719aa5bc.png

#13 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 18:29

I do have a prediction regarding this medal (which I love if the idea of goes through) - the first player to achieve a medal will be 1) EOC, 2) Trading hits with ally also EOC (a gold sink to HCS's bottomless pit of taxation is a small price to pay for a new shiny) 3) A non-PvPer...not that I'm sure what that really means anymore. ~ none of it really matters - those that exploit the games loopholes in the name of medal gaining are a mockery to the system - the greatness this game once was, and there are still some around that know the difference. Sorry to troll, just speaking what comes to mind. I do love the idea - it is long overdue

#14 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2013 - 19:35

Well wouldn't the targets for this medal be people who are carrying too much gold on them? but enough players already take precautions against this, so there's really no reason for any outcry. We levelers will just have to be more vigilant when hunting, which is a good idea anyway.
The only good argument against this medal that I can see is that it *might* drive the MP prices up again, but oh well.
I voted "yes" by the way.

For a while, maybe, but with more people sinking gold through PvP, there will be less of it in-game, which will drive MP Prices down.

I do have a prediction regarding this medal (which I love if the idea of goes through) - the first player to achieve a medal will be 1) EOC, 2) Trading hits with ally also EOC (a gold sink to HCS's bottomless pit of taxation is a small price to pay for a new shiny) 3) A non-PvPer...not that I'm sure what that really means anymore. ~ none of it really matters - those that exploit the games loopholes in the name of medal gaining are a mockery to the system - the greatness this game once was, and there are still some around that know the difference. Sorry to troll, just speaking what comes to mind. I do love the idea - it is long overdue

There will always be people going for the shiny medal just to have it. I reckon there should be a sustain system on this medal:. To keep the medal, you have to keep stealing gold, or you lose it.

#15 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 19:48

+1 that is a great idea

#16 MyCurse

MyCurse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 19:53

Yes for MC

#17 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 10 January 2013 - 20:08

I reckon there should be a sustain system on this medal:. To keep the medal, you have to keep stealing gold, or you lose it.

Like a decay on total amount stolen? Of say 1% per day? ( just a suggestion)

#18 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 20:11

+1 As I would love to get a new medal for something I do all day, everyday.

#19 Gunslinger

Gunslinger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Badge
  • Finland

Posted 10 January 2013 - 20:17

I reckon there should be a sustain system on this medal:. To keep the medal, you have to keep stealing gold, or you lose it.

Like a decay on total amount stolen? Of say 1% per day? ( just a suggestion)

Excellent idea!

#20 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2013 - 20:23

Complainers are always going to complain because they believe they can play a game online with lots of other people, and be left alone to play their way and pick and chose which aspects of the game they want to participate in

If gold stealing is a valid part of Fallen Sword (which it always has been) it should not be overlooked by the medal system which acknowledges Levelling, Gold Hoarding, Questing, Titaning, Laddering, Bounty Hunting, Smashing, Arena'ing - just pretend it's a real word -, and Turning .. up (loyalty medals) ^_^

Thieving, Relic Capturing (and even defending) and GvG'ing are long overdue some shineys, for all those who care about such things :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: