106 replies to this topic

#1 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 18:07

Welcome!

Hello there my fellow graphic artistians! I am hereby telling you, that I will be holding up a huge GFX auction, where anybody is allowed to donate work to.

All I ask of you, is that you make original work (Any text slaps I find, will not be put in the auction, I'm sorry to whomever may find this negative in one way or another).

What you must do:

1: You will have to post your picture(s) here in the forums, or send me the picture(s) link(s) for me to be able to get a hold of them, to set them up. You are welcome to only give me the jpg/png files, if you wish to be sure that I do not have the possibility to edit it without having to re-do your work, but I would like you to be sure that you have the files yourself to edit the text for any purchase(s) that are made of your work, of course, if you send me an editable file, I can take care of it for you :).

2: Sit back, relax and let your work be done for you, apart from the creation of the picture(s).

What I will do:

1: I will be taking care of posting up the topic of the sale.

2: I will be posting the details of the graphics that are done.

3: I will be taking care of the bids being done in a secondary message on the topic.

4: I will have a set up of how the pictures are posted, which will be seen later in this topic.

5: I will be sorting up all the pictures I receive in my computer, so that there will be no confusion as to who donated what.

Info about the auction:

Theme:

There's no specific themes, you are allowed to do anything you want to, as long as it is not offensive or against the rules of fallensword.

Auction time

Currently, there are no specific dates for this auction, this will all depend on how many people chooses to donate graphics to the auction, and how many pieces. If there's a high amount (In my opinion) by the end of this month, it will start the 1st february, but I do not find this likely. However, the auction will be lasting a long time, to make sure there's time for everyone to get their bids in on the graphics, so that nobody is left out, unless they choose to do so in one way or another.

Graphic Makers in the auction (Your name will be added upon donating your 1st piece of art):

Senira.
Jsustin212.
Billybob0.
UkyoKuonji
Sezna.
Torva.
Peterownz.

FAQ:

Q: How do I know you won't take the fsp that people pay?
A: If the purchasements are done by a person, that person should send you the fsp, not me.

Q: What if people will try to steal the art I have made?
A: Well, my best suggestion is to put on a text that will make it harder for people to steal, it can function just as a watermark. Some people will put "Graphics Auction", some will put "GFX Auction", and personally, I tend to either name the picture, or just make a big text which can be seen, also seen through so you can still enjoy the picture, this is to prevent people from stealing your picture, and putting a text on it and claim that they made it.

Q: What if a buyer or more sends you fsp for the GFX but doesn't tell you anything while sending it?
A: Then I will either ask them, or search through the whole list of bids to see what it is/should be related to.

Q: I don't know you very well, how can I trust you?
A: Can you ever trust another human being 100%? I do my best to make people know that they can trust me, but if they choose not to, there's nothing much I can do.

Q: When the GFX is bought, will you be taking a portion of the sales done?
A: I will only take the payment to myself, if the work is done by me. If I have made a collab with someone, I will give them half the payment, so that it is split over in a 50/50 way.

Q: Will there be a BIN on my graphics?
A: I do not intend to make a BIN price, but if you request one, I will put it there at the amount you request.

Q: If I send you a file where you can edit the layers, how do I know you won't claim the picture is yours?
A: I would never steal, as I know it is wrong, I was a text slapper once, that I admit, I was also framed for it, but I have learned since then, and I will not text slap anymore, unless it is upon request by people.

Q: Why are you going out of your way, to do the work for other graphic artists, by doing all the forum work for them? There must be a catch, right?
A: There is no catch, I simply wish to help out my fellow community, and it will also help people who are too busy for doing this sort of thing.

Q: Are you even gonna make a lot of work yourself, or are you just gonna use others work, to make a big auction, where people will spend their time to look?
A: Yes I will, I am already working on several GFX arts now, and have found a bunch of pictures to work with, so that I can donate to this, at least as much as everyone else.

Q: Will there be added art to the auction, while the auction is already mid-way?
A: No there will not, any donations given to me after the auction has started, will be saved for another auction.

Q: If my art doesn't sell, what will you do with it?
A: I will either ask you if you will deal with it yourself, or if you would like me to place it in another topic, which will be BIN-only graphics, for prices based on the qualities.

Q: I am not a graphic artist, but I wish to donate a piece of art I once bought, can I do this?
A: I am not sure of this, this depends if the creator is still active, if they allow it, and if they are able to edit it for you, in case you are not. I would like proof of their approval though.

Unrelated to above

So yeah, this is basically an idea I've had for a little while now, but haven't gotten to it until now, due to other things I had to do :).

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask me, here on the forums, or in-game. I will answer any pm received, if I am able to do so. If I accidently forget to message you back, please do write again and let me know, it is not my intentions to ignore people :).

So on we go, and I hope I will see a lot of donations for this graphics auction.

Also, I don't know if there's anything I forgot to mention, but if there is anything, just post it here, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Be careful now, remember to read the FAQs as they are useful, and enjoy making your graphics people!
~ Sen

#2 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:45

bump
hey I'd love to put up some work :D
probably no time soon though D:
ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#3 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:32

Sounds good, don't worry about time though :)

#4 fs_ukyokuonji

fs_ukyokuonji
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:01

This sounds great. I'll definitely put some. :)

#5 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:03

Great! You can pm them to me or post them here. Avi's, sigs, F. Avi's, Banners, backgrounds, anything goes :)

#6 fs_billybob0

fs_billybob0
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 16:40

Hamburger Helper
Posted Image

More to come later in the day, when I have time

#7 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 16:42

Doesn't somebody else already own and use this avi?

#8 fs_ukyokuonji

fs_ukyokuonji
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 17:27

Here's my first one.

Scarlet
Posted Image

#9 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 19:32

Great Ukyo :), added it to my collection, and will add you to the list :)

#10 jsustin212

jsustin212

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 19:40

if anyone questions senira i will vouch for her, she is my protegee after all

jsus_zpsa8d5d247.png

#11 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 19:46

Na na na na na na na na na na, batman. :roll:

#12 sezna

sezna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 23:28

May I submit Ichigo? Posted Image

#13 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:18

here is my first entry
Posted Image
EDIT:
and my second entry
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I'll probably edit this post for most of my pieces thanks sen! :mrgreen:

#14 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:22

if anyone questions senira i will vouch for her, she is my protegee after all

I am questioning her!! What are YOU gonna do about it?

#15 jsustin212

jsustin212

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:26

oh no its Kay *runs*

jsus_zpsa8d5d247.png

#16 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:52

I might do some stuff with light painting and clipping mask texts, maybe some still lifes or other photography stuff of my own, would it be enough to post the sigs and or avis here along with the originals I uploaded to deviantart and used a watermark as to prove that the photography is mine?

#17 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:44

As long as you made it, you should be good to go.

#18 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:10

Bump ~

#19 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 22:57

bump
can't wait to add some more stuff, and to see some others ! :mrgreen:

#20 Sen

Sen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:33

Me neither :P. But not a lot of people are responding to this so far, so we gotta spread the message a little more :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: