Photo

Development Update September 2015

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
94 replies to this topic

#1 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:37

Hey folks,

Today I'd like to talk to you about guilds, this is a feature we've been working on adding to Eldevin for some time now, and although I can't give you an exact date, we are planning to add guilds to the game next month.

Players will visit the Guild Ledger to create a new guild, this will require a Name and tag, these will be used to identify your guild and players within the game. Guilds will also be able to display a message that guild mates can see when online and create a description so other players interested in your guild can find out more about it.

An example of the main guild panel is shown below.

Guilds---Info.png

Guilds will also work cross server, and we are working towards bringing cross server guild chat to the game to help in communication. Guild leaders will be able to invite players, manage ranks and permissions and an example of the guild roster is shown below.

Guilds---Roster.png

We're also looking at a number of ways to allow the guilds to earn bonuses and buffs for all their guild members. This will start with each guild having access to their own 'Guild Hall' and we've also planned a small redesign to Eldevin City to allow some space for guild content. We'll be sharing more on this between now and the launch of the guilds update.

~The Eldevin Team

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#2 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:50

sweet i cant wait and ooo loving the way pvp kills are monitered <3

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#3 ordinaryfunguy

ordinaryfunguy

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:29

yay, guilds :D so will it be in late september or will it be in early october? and whens the new dungeon!!! thanks hcs and i cant wait

Edited by ordinaryfunguy, 04 September 2015 - 10:29.

<html>

<head>

<title>WAAAAAA?</title>

</head>

<body>

<p>uPdAtE pLeAsE</p>

</body>

</html>

#4 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:24

nice

#5 Lalalalalalalala

Lalalalalalalala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:46

I can chime in on guilds which is next to come and has been in development for a while, works cross server. Most of the technical back-end part is all coded up and its currently being implemented on the front end and all that involves. There are a lot of features involved (mostly done) for it (invites, tags, description, motd, ranks+permissions, logs, dynamic stats, dynamic 'keys', currency storage, inventory slots/item storage, chat room, guild hall instance).

More screenshots for these features please?

Questions:

• Does the "Tags" feature let the armor sets from dungeons as guild locked/bound?
  • Will be any Guild vs Guild? Adding this might keep the guilds fighting each other, because some players took their PvP dramas into their guilds.
  • This probably a stupid question. Can we still run dungeons with other guild member? What are the advantages and disadvantages at this point?

Some ideas:

• Add Relics reward for the guilds from their member whom completing dungeons. Add it only from 1 member per group. Because if the Relics reward are accumulated for their member in a same group, this might let the guilds being selfish and wouldn't take other guild's member to run with them.

Example:

Guild A got 2 Crystalline Relics from 1 member whom completed Rumble Grotto.

Guild A got 2 Crystalline Relics from 2 members whom completed Rumble Grotto in a same group.

• Add Valor Points reward for the guilds from their member whom completing Battleground matches or depositing tokens in Trapper's Atoll.
  • Add Artisan Award points for the guilds from their member whom finished some daily quests.
  • So any type of player (Workers, Dungeoneers, PvPers) are helpful for their guild.
  • Any items that obtained from trading these points should be set automatically as guild locked/bound.
  • Let and add some bound items such as Wings, Pets, etc. as Guild Wide (similar to Account Wide) if the member store it into Guild's Inventory.
  • Add more and the most rare Vanity Items set (there is only one in Eldevin) that can be used as Guild's Uniform, so it should be Guild Wide only.

More questions and ideas might come. Hehehe...

#6 MissRaccooN

MissRaccooN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 13:39

cant wait for the update! :lol:

MissRaccooN | GeNeliS | Hydroxy

Mage             Healer       Archer  

#7 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 13:46

Thanks for the update cows! Back to work! :)

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#8 Tazz17

Tazz17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 14:44

So first thing first, thanks HCS for the update, now the community ranting can finally relax a bit now that people know whats going on. Second, do i get a transfer of maybe 2,000-3,000 ep for the use of my copyright term "sauce"?  :ph34r:  :P Lol but yeh this update was much needed and I thank you and Zorg for glancing at my post in the forum and getting a feel of the opinions being thrown around. The new guild idea seems great and i'm sure it'll start to structure and organize the game mechanics more. Thanks again for the update. :D

#9 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 16:29

Sounds awesomesauce! Hm love the layout so far. It's simple and not overly cluttered.

A few thoughts:

For the activity feed, hopefully the level-up message appears every 5 levels for that player. I can imagine alot of level messages occuring if it was level by level especially at the lower levels.

A little bit worried about the member limit. If I'm guessing right, it just shows how many members you may have at once? Hm well will have to wait and see til the update of course to see how everything works together. :)

Does Guild level work just like character/profession levels? As in will the cap be level 49?

---------

And if I could guess what area of EC is being redesigned.... maybe that horse stable next to the fountain area. :P

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#10 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 18:27

that order was on the wrong thread..   but should be cool

Edited by Debrutsid, 04 September 2015 - 20:05.

#11 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2015 - 18:38

I can wait; there's shouldn't be a date until its smooth on your end.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#12 Ben

Ben

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2015 - 00:44

Looking forward to the release!

Once you join/form a guild on one character will all of your other characters become a part of that guild? Or are you able to join/form a different guild on another character?

Also curiously why are some guild member's locations highlighted?

#13 CandyCandy

CandyCandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:11

the account must be in 1 guild, it's better... because if it's only charactere can join, it will be an Alt's Guilde lol

Goodbye everybody, I may come back in the game in 2058 biggrin.png

#14 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:40

Agree Guild should be account wide, Limited player base as is better option so have more guilds lvling to max leve open more space avible to those wont to group - help there guild.

As for most part use 3 toons, For difernt things DPS - Tank - Each has there str ans weekness as well - Account wide  limited slot's per guild space shoudl not be issue.

Over all wait and see what dev say about how guild member join work - Toon based or account - should be account based.

As well hopefully be adding top Guild on high score list, Add more competition see who top dog.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 05 September 2015 - 03:42.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#15 FlamingEagle

FlamingEagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:51

Uptade Is Good We all are waiting for new Dung 2 but i gues Developers stil working on 50 LVL and armor just intresting of the texture ;p is it gona look derpy or not :D

#16 Jan Janik

Jan Janik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 September 2015 - 17:38

I too am looking forward to the guild implementation. Will there be the capability to donate equipment to the guild, e.g. my bound sword or helm is now a guild bound piece of gear, usable by any guild member.

Jan_Kubis is main character

#17 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 September 2015 - 18:48

Thank you HCS I'm so looking forward to its release.  :ph34r:

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#18 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 September 2015 - 19:45

NICE been waiting for this, wonder where i end up!! keep up the good work HCS

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#19 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 September 2015 - 23:51

bound items should not be made available.  would make the game way too easy.  maybe account bound items could be shared.

#20 Leacher

Leacher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:24

Guilds finally :)
Hope AH soon :)

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt