• This topic is locked This topic is locked
255 replies to this topic

#201 markaaron

markaaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:04

How about ladder hits aren't bountiabke but take twice the xp? Get some skin in the game

#202 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:04

The other two were already discussed and ARE happening.

Because the feedback was requested on the Bounty Hunter Immunity suggestion. As stated in the opening post. Feedback was already garnered on the other two and is going to be actioned.

I'm not really sure how Bounty Hunter Immunity has anything to do with the PVP Ladder - it's outside of the development roadmap. 

There have been plenty of good suggestions here Grim, from both sides of the fence - on all accounts. I'd hope that you would take some time, group with other dev's and discuss the changes and the effects of each. Let's get to the real problem of the PVP ladder and the Bounty Board discussions.

I get the feeling in 2 months time - you'll see even less activity on the PVP ladder and that the fix that you said is happening already will not make a difference outside of forcing more people out than in. I have yet to really read a thread where the "bountying" of PVP ladder hits skewed people away from it - quite the contrary, I've heard plenty of complaints about the teaming up aspect than I have about bounty board. Anyway it is what it is - unfortunately I get the feeling we are letting the runaway truck get more out of control with these suggested updates than getting it under control like you guys were. 

#203 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,874 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:20

Like I've said, the first two improvements have been discussed and will be happening. We are asking for feedback regarding the Hunter immunity and we've gotten good feedback on that. Keep things civil here please.

#204 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:26

Like I've said, the first two improvements have been discussed and will be happening. We are asking for feedback regarding the Hunter immunity and we've gotten good feedback on that. Keep things civil here please.

Can you please, please, please enlighten my moronic brain and explain to me where these players that are going to be on the BB for hunter immunity are going to come from as you increase penalties to PvP and decrease incentives?

#205 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,874 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:41

Can you please, please, please enlighten my moronic brain and explain to me where these players that are going to be on the BB for hunter immunity are going to come from as you increase penalties to PvP and decrease incentives?

If you bother to read the thread, you'll see that we are looking at immunity for 10 stam hits. Anything higher, counter bounty as normal. 

And like I said previously, keep it civil.

#206 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:44

If you bother to read the thread, you'll see that we are looking at immunity for 10 stam hits. Anything higher, counter bounty as normal. 

There are many reasons as to why bounty hunters get counter bountied for 10 stam clears. Starting late, not hitting every 2 minutes, using spell breaker, using spell leach, quitting a bounty, ect......

Bounty hunting is not the issue. Its the lack of bounties that is the problem!

[ No bounties available. ]

There have been 3 bounties posted all day.

Edited by Spider0007, 27 March 2014 - 18:58.

#207 pigsplint

pigsplint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:58

There are many reasons as to why bounty hunters get counter bountied for 10 stam clears. Starting late, not hitting every 2 minutes, using spell breaker, using spell leach, quitting a bounty, ect......

THis is one of the things I was getting at when I said I feel the BB should have been left alone.. There is a whole line of ettiquette that is going to get thrown out the window for a rule we all could do without..

Edited by pigsplint, 27 March 2014 - 18:59.

#208 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:06

That does seem to be the overwhelming opinion. 100 stam hits bounty-able, 10 stam hits, non bounty-able. Sounds reasonable to me!

Have you given this much thought? Have you considered this would allow for mass 10 stam delevel parties without any risk at all. How many players would it take to remove 5 levels with 10 stams? About 30 maybe? We've had many delevel parties in this game with more than that 100 stamming. This is just one more update that would deter pvp even more. If that's your plan it's a good one. :/

#209 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:06

spell breaker/spell leach and easy, riskfree PvP Prestige farming and delevelings should be highly considered when thinking about excluding EVERY 10 stamina bounty hunter from being counter bounty'd..

i still think bounty immunity should ONLY effect the clearer.. teh one that captured the bounty

#210 Billybob

Billybob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:07

I've lost 5 for 10 stams clears a couple of times. That being said please leave the bounty board alone.

#211 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:11

I like all the changes, but understand the issues surrounding "not bountying" the bounty hunter.  I am trying to wrap my head around this... for example...

1.) If BB is used to punish "someone", why then permit that "someone" to enlist friends to (by way of a counter-bounty) to hit the the bounty-hunter?

2.) Exclude bounty-hunters taking 10 stam hits from being counter-bountied - YES!

I also understand the long-standing argument that the changes to bountying and PvPing have "ruined" the game.  I also understand, though, that incessant PvPing has also ruined the game for many others, so the pendulum swings that way too on those not encouraged to play if they continue to get hit, lose gold, etc... After all, posting a bounty is a second punishment to the player who was hit.  That is, hit and lose gold and XP; place bounty -- lose more gold because of price to post bounty -- and the bountied player's friends collect on the bounty.

So, I applaud these changes and also support excluding bountying for 10 stam hits as a great idea.

That's my two cents on the topic.

#212 pigsplint

pigsplint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:12

spell breaker/spell leach and easy, riskfree PvP Prestige farming and delevelings should be highly considered when thinking about excluding EVERY 10 stamina bounty hunter from being counter bounty'd..

i still think bounty immunity should ONLY effect the clearer.. teh one that captured the bounty

But even if they break ettiquette?  I don't agree..

But even if they break ettiquette?  I don't agree..

#213 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:17

As Spider and many have said before, even for 10-stam clears, there are many reasons a bounty hunter may be bountied. Without making this extremely complicated in terms of figuring which buffs players have active while clearing, etc.

Let's just keep the bounty board the way it is and figure out ways to increase PVP activity which will in turn increase bounty board action, which will allow new players to play on the BB. 

#214 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:30

If you bother to read the thread, you'll see that we are looking at immunity for 10 stam hits.

I have read the thread and I understand that you are considering immunity for 10 stam bounty hits, at this point. What I am asking is how are they going to have a target on the BB to start with?

How is there going to be an increase to BB targets and not a decrease, when the 2nd of the 3 items will inhibit PvP even more?

• No ladder hits. Less targets
  • So little gold taken on a hit, plus gold sinks, means not many players to attack for that reason. Less targets
  • Prestige only nets an additional 1% for hit 1-5, at a risk of losing 5-25 levels to get to that 2% and so on (yes, you get prestige from BB but if no players on it, how are you going to get it?). Less targets
  • No time limit means you are losing 20% of a level regardless of stam spent buffing up, if not more, and stacking the bounties (for which the time limit was implemented, you do remember that update?), means greater risk for even less reward.  Less targets
  • Players with Deflect on can bounty, even if the attack failed with no stam loss to attacker as if it did not happen, but can still go to BB for even thinking about it. Too much risk, too little reward. Less targets.
  • Players who post to the BB, without having a group of friends to assist, rarely put more than the barest minimum reward to entice more than 1 BHer at time and somehow expect maximum justice. If you granted immunity to all that did not clear the bounty, but at least tried, there will usually only be the 1 that starts it that makes any of the hits (which is already most of the time).

There are probably several more reasons I can throw up here that show a decline towards doing any sort of PvP, but I hope you get the direction I am trying to take. Several others in here have also posted the you need to increase PvP incentives.

You are entitled to dislike PvP and you own the game more than any of the players. If you want to remove PvP from the game, that is fine. Just be honest about it.

#215 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:43

You are entitled to dislike PvP and you own the game more than any of the players. If you want to remove PvP from the game, that is fine. Just be honest about it.

+1 Just be honest about it.

#216 datman67

datman67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:46

I know this is coming from a pure leveler, but as I have more pvp friends than leveling ones I think we really need to fix pvp as is what a lot players like to do when gaming and why we have had some recent losses to log ins. I believe the biggest draw back to pvp is to why a player that did one 100 stam hit can have 5 levels taken in the first place. I think that the best solution to this is if a player takes 10 million XP from a player with a 100 stamina hit then they should only be able to lose triple that in return so 30 million XP, if you were placed on the bounty board by the player that was hit. Would also suggest that if a player is hit during the time frame that he has to place a bounty after the hit, that the player may opt instead to 100 stam back the player that 100 stammed them and then their ability to bounty the person that originally hit them would go away, and at the same time the player that originally hit them first could not bounty them for returning the hit.

#217 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:46

Personally in the past I have fought with or against nearly every what you would call bully guild in the game, ask anyone that is in any of your bully guilds if they know, me, you can fight with anyone you want and as long as you have resolve you can play the game the way you want to.. Naming names like one you refer to I have had many run ins with them and old members, take your licks and move on and wait for specified target to get back o nthe BB and they will, take your revenge, take your licks if any are brought back, they are not always brought back on you if you are in the right.. Anyhow, what I am pointing out is this.. There is a lot of folks chiming in that do not PvP or PvP so little it is next to none, everyones opinion should count, so no , no one should be ignored, but at least give the folks a fair shake that play the game around PvP, not all are bad or are bullies as you seem to think they are

I've not named names nor called any guild a bully. Your the one doing it. I completely agree with you that a fair shake is essential however do you honestly think it's fair now? Someone trying bounty hunting for the first time not knowing these secret unwritten rules will be taught a swift lesson of whom to mess with and who not to mess with. You went through the wringer yourself. Do all players have what you have? If not, they are not welcome to try that aspect of the game. Is that how you want to promote and have pvp flourish? Anyway, I'm going to put my floaties and go in the corner to cry as it seems name calling is the way to get your point across (not you, your actually sincere and arguing maturely whereas others, not so much)

#218 pigsplint

pigsplint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:52

I've not named names nor called any guild a bully. Your the one doing it. I completely agree with you that a fair shake is essential however do you honestly think it's fair now? Someone trying bounty hunting for the first time not knowing these secret unwritten rules will be taught a swift lesson of whom to mess with and who not to mess with. You went through the wringer yourself. Do all players have what you have? If not, they are not welcome to try that aspect of the game. Is that how you want to promote and have pvp flourish? Anyway, I'm going to put my floaties and go in the corner to cry as it seems name calling is the way to get your point across (not you, your actually sincere and arguing maturely whereas others, not so much)

Please do not twist my words.. I have no reason to call any of these guilds bully guilds, I have been a part of a few guilds that would fall into that category by your standards,  I understand how they operate.. It is your lack of understanding and failure to capture the picture that is impeding your understanding.. The top bounty hunter does not even agree with this change, what does that say? Keep talking I am done, this topic for me is now dead, sadly enough.. And +1 to maurybund. They are not unwritten rules by the way, there are plenty of good bounty hunters out there that will answer any of the ettiquette questions for you if you just take a few mins and ask them..  A good place to start, look at the top bounty hunter list.

Edited by pigsplint, 27 March 2014 - 19:55.

#219 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:59

Not a fan of the proposed changes with BH'ing, but .....

IF free 10 stam Bounty hits are to come to pass, then perhaps this is the compromise that should go with it?

* no Prestige earned from 10 stam Bounty Hits
* if you loose a Bounty Hit, you loose xp

? Perhaps 100 stam hits should earn higher Prestige than currently?

Clearing a bounty will, as always, earn you ticks on your BH medal/s, so the BH'er earns the reward and medal progress and that's all.

Otherwise, as currently proposed this is a 'have your cake and eat it too" scenario.

Edited by BraveKath, 27 March 2014 - 20:01.

#220 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 20:00

Please do not twist my words.. I have no reason to call any of these guilds bully guilds, I have been a part of a few guilds that would fall into that category by your standards,  I understand how they operate.. It is your lack of understanding and failure to capture the picture that is impeding your understanding.. The top bounty hunter does not even agree with this change, what does that say? Keep talking I am done, this topic for me is now dead, sadly enough.. And +1 to maurybund. They are not unwritten rules by the way, there are plenty of good bounty hunters out there that will answer any of the ettiquette questions for you if you just take a few mins and ask them..  A good place to start, look at the top bounty hunter list.

Umm... so who brought up the word bully? me? Those aren't my words...

Yes, my understanding is impeded... I didn't know I needed permission from top bounty hunters to get a copy of this unwritten rule. Why not just write them down in a wiki or something. Why so secretive? PM it to me and I'll get a wiki started (oh wait... I can't get edit rights into wiki).

Can someone volunteer to add it to wiki?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: