Photo

If we implemented 3 FSH features, which would you pick?

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#201 sirdavid58

sirdavid58

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 19:09

i agree with  mr sigg fix are bp managment example inventory count, delete ...... etc

fix store so we can buy multi items 

fix send or st  so we can send muti plants send all also highlight st

#202 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 14:57

Only adding 3 helper attributes is like trying to put out a forest fire with a garden hose. It's a joke! I'd like to hear the reasoning behind why they can't add more. Are other HCS games that much resource hogs? Is FS, undeniably HCS' most successful game, being relegated like a Crystal Palace FC?

I suggested 3 features to focus the discussion on what people felt was the most important features. I'm not saying we're only going to implement 3 things :P

#203 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 15:00

Here is how the feature line up by popularity is looking so far :)

fsh_feature_list.jpg

By 'advanced feature' I mean that it should be something isn't on by default. Zorg had an idea to make a new 'advanced features' option you turn on in settings so new players aren't overwhelmed with features that tend to only be used by experienced players.

#204 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 July 2014 - 15:15

Looking good so far... Hope some of these get implemented.. I would ALMOST pay for the privilege.   

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#205 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 July 2014 - 15:31

Since you put it the way you are looking at our voting then for new players 

1) Show Next Quest Steps

2)Color Special Creatures

3)Show Active Bounties

4)Show Incomplete/Not

Started Quests

These are just a few that help me when I was questing in my lower levels and what was mentioned before by others about bp space, gvg and pvp targets lighted up and combat help are good as well.  

Edited by bigchaos, 22 July 2014 - 15:32.

#206 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 19:21

I suggested 3 features to focus the discussion on what people felt was the most important features. I'm not saying we're only going to implement 3 things :P

That makes sense. I hope that the possibility to implement most or all the features is high. They are highly useful to most players. The next question becomes will you then prohibit all user scripts?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#207 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:12

.......By 'advanced feature' I mean that it should be something isn't on by default. Zorg had an idea to make a new 'advanced features' option you turn on in settings so new players aren't overwhelmed with features that tend to only be used by experienced players.

OH VERY GOOD IDEA!!!!  nice job on both your parts...and the list is looking great!  Thank you very much for calculating the poll!

#208 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:04

Impressive how you can make people really happier sometimes!   :D

#209 dragon4u

dragon4u

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 14:57

1) Fast recall/wear/GS (Report page), wear/drink/extract on BP.
2) Show PvP targets on orange and GvG targets on blue.

3) Players Auctions.

#210 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 15:32

How will the quick drink/wear work on the profile screen with the new UI backpack? Will we have to control + click to highlight and then right click to have an option to 'Wear selected items' or 'drink selected potions'?

Note: this is assuming that this feature is added by HCS.

#211 Luminaire

Luminaire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 18:53

Hoof,

I ask you make all these optional so we are not forced with features of fsh we do not like. I personally really dislike the log coloring and chat coloring for unread messages. 

Thanks, Lumi

#212 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 20:27

Personally I want all of FS helper, call me greedy!

#213 Akede

Akede

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 20:43

Features...

1) I'd like to see the ability to give helper "points" through the sidebar and main chats.  If you ask a question and someone is helpful, you can give them a "point".  Accumulating of points should results in titles, maybe a color-coded name, reputation increase, perhaps quarterly rewards.

I liken this system to the rewarding of a choice parking spot to incent employees to specific activities.

Controls would need to be built in so players couldn't "game" the system.  Unique "points" would be important for a period of time to prevent friends from setting each other up to acquire "points" without truly helping each other. 

I'm very new to the game so I don't know what high level incentives exist, but I do know that getting answers to your questions via these two chat interfaces to be of very high import.

#214 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 20:46

Features...

1) I'd like to see the ability to give helper "points" through the sidebar and main chats.  If you ask a question and someone is helpful, you can give them a "point".  Accumulating of points should results in titles, maybe a color-coded name, reputation increase, perhaps quarterly rewards.

I liken this system to the rewarding of a choice parking spot to incent employees to specific activities.

Controls would need to be built in so players couldn't "game" the system.  Unique "points" would be important for a period of time to prevent friends from setting each other up to acquire "points" without truly helping each other. 

I'm very new to the game so I don't know what high level incentives exist, but I do know that getting answers to your questions via these two chat interfaces to be of very high import.

That was going to be implemented under "KARMA" - but fell off the back burner and disappeared up it's own orifice. Nothing to do with the FSH :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#215 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 21:53

Here is how the feature line up by popularity is looking so far :)

fsh_feature_list.jpg

By 'advanced feature' I mean that it should be something isn't on by default. Zorg had an idea to make a new 'advanced features' option you turn on in settings so new players aren't overwhelmed with features that tend to only be used by experienced players.

i got hit today, needed 5% of a level to hit my target back,  i had planned on using all my stamina to level more, at the moment i have to tick every buff to unblock them, i cannot manage back pack in a manner that is even remotely convenient, there is no creature refresh when i repair items, i didnt even want to level long enough tio make 5% of a level.  at this time maybe i am far too spoiled by all the years of using helper. but at this time i can say with 100% certainty that for me in it's current state the game is not even really playable without it and even if i can muster through all the inconveniences of the game and even through it's most retarded aspects just to play it isnt even enjoyable. .

so it would be worth it in my opinion at this time to really think about the idea of only 3 top picks to maybe starting a new thread on the top 3 things in the helper we could do without. 

i will continue to look forward to some more updates, and will keep praying that the arena sabotage is the only "streamlining" that this game will see.

RD 

Edited by RD1542, 24 July 2014 - 21:55.

#216 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:54

How will the quick drink/wear work on the profile screen with the new UI backpack? Will we have to control + click to highlight and then right click to have an option to 'Wear selected items' or 'drink selected potions'?

Note: this is assuming that this feature is added by HCS.

Amazing!  :)

That way would be quite easy to use it.

#217 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:00

Here is how the feature line up by popularity is looking so far smile.png

fsh_feature_list.jpg

Hoof, as many of us have had the experience in this thread of "oh, yeah, I like that one too", could we just rank them all from 1 (most wanted) onward? A program like SurveyMonkey miht be able to allow players to do that easily and at no cost to you guys.

Not really arguing with the results, but MANY players don't want to mess with commenting in the forums, but given a simple straight-forward option to rank the FSH features might get more input and thus more satisfaction in the long run from the wider spectrum of players feeling engaged in the outcome, as well as more focused results.

Just a thought, Kath

P.S. I would hope 3 FSH features would be a beginning, and that there would be a schedule to roll out all that players would like to see. I realize you can't do it all with one fail swoop, unless you could just take FSH over, which would be just GRAND!

Edited by BraveKath, 26 July 2014 - 17:45.

#218 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:22

I'm holding strong that the dev team can utilize almost all of the features. The work that was done by the Helper group was innovative because it came from PLAYERS! That's one reason it's been such a success. It was like a labor of love and pride. My worries are twofold; we won't see anything new and fixes that are needed will be on cow time. I'd also like to know how personal scripts will be treated?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#219 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:47

I'd like to know how personal scripts are being treated too. I feel left out because i dont know any of the coders, and dont know how to do it myself. I understand there are a number of players that basically have working versions of fshelper with additional features even, right now. Right now i have to jump through hoops just to buff myself.

#220 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:01

I'm really hoping this gets somewhere, and not shoved to the back burner like so many other worthwhile projects have...

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: