227 replies to this topic

#201 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:02

i want to see some action against players who uses scripts in SF arena to autokill everyone on that square.

I'd like to see all scripts banned, No point in me entering the SF if i have to compete against a script :(

#202 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:03

i want to see some action against players who uses scripts in SF arena to autokill everyone on that square.

WHAT?!

I have not seen this. I agree with the statement about dealing with this though, if it is happening! Although, I am curious what the basis of the claim is.....

there are 2 players with scripts in arena. i submitted a ticket and waiting for their response to send them proof of how many kills they had on me and what intervals.

#203 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:47

Brink either removed from SF or working less than 50% of the time like my log suggests it isn't

#204 bengiz786

bengiz786

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:49

alotof brink in mine but i dont think it should be removed -buffs reason is for that but maybe less powerful

#205 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:47

if they come up with some buffs for arena, it should only come from tokens, and the core kills should not be allowed in arena. brink is a b.... for me, it is working 85% against me, and most of the times when i attack soldiers, it is impossiblle to survive.

#206 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 16:11

everyone uses high att setup (at least serious players) that is mostly core gear, so I don't see why soldier would be any tougher. brinksman does work pretty well though but since everyone should use it, it evens out.

I wonder if white page occurs when 2 people hits same person at the same time.

#207 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 16:15

everyone uses high att setup (at least serious players) that is mostly core gear, so I don't see why soldier would be any tougher. brinksman does work pretty well though but since everyone should use it, it evens out.

i meant to say that the skill is activating more often when i attack soldiers.

in the last 2-3 arenas i wondered the same thing, and don't know how to test it thou.

#208 ss_jinx1666

ss_jinx1666
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2010 - 19:53

"(at least serious players) "

i dont understand this stament, people get mad cause u have high DEF, or use DEF gear in a SF, ive heard people say it is cheating and shouldnt b allowed...what does it matter, isnt that part of it..the competition of it...as far as it goes i have had my DEF maxed and still got my but kicked, and u can very easily get more Att then anyone can DEF, so y whine about it...i just dont get it, could someone please explain...

#209 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 23:07

"(at least serious players) "

i dont understand this stament, people get mad cause u have high DEF, or use DEF gear in a SF, ive heard people say it is cheating and shouldnt b allowed...what does it matter, isnt that part of it..the competition of it...as far as it goes i have had my DEF maxed and still got my but kicked, and u can very easily get more Att then anyone can DEF, so y whine about it...i just dont get it, could someone please explain...

Centurion was merely pointing out the same thing you were. Since most serious players can come up with well over 1k attack, defense isn't a very good strategy (particularly with defense victories not counting). As for someone whining? That's all they're doing. Ignore them.

#210 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 00:22

I use 1350 att setup, which beats max def of 1300 or so. and I know several who uses similiar high attack setup. this is due to this game's setup where armor is wasted and being able to hit is the most important thing in pvp. if they are not using high att setup, they are either a noob or dumb. LOL. just iggy them :D.

#211 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:53

(particularly with defense victories not counting)

That's not totally true. Let's say someone kills you. At turn 1 (2 seconds), he kills you and got one point. At turn 2 you heal on the healing center, on turn 3 you move, and on turn 4 you can hit again. If you can defend yourself in the first place, on turn 1 the other guy dies (no point earned), and you can -directly- hit someone else, winning 3 "free" turns yourself, and make the attacker loose 3 turns in return. So I would say that it's far from negligible. That's why I decided to stop joining SF if first I'm not sure to find a brink buffer ;) I noticed that in an SF without brink, but with players having brinks themselves, they easily win 30% more hits than I (value can fluctuate, of course). I guess that SF will be far more challenging when we'll have def/arm setups strong enough to compensate att setups…

#212 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 13:12

(particularly with defense victories not counting)

That's not totally true. Let's say someone kills you. At turn 1 (2 seconds), he kills you and got one point. At turn 2 you heal on the healing center, on turn 3 you move, and on turn 4 you can hit again. If you can defend yourself in the first place, on turn 1 the other guy dies (no point earned), and you can -directly- hit someone else, winning 3 "free" turns yourself, and make the attacker loose 3 turns in return. So I would say that it's far from negligible. That's why I decided to stop joining SF if first I'm not sure to find a brink buffer ;) I noticed that in an SF without brink, but with players having brinks themselves, they easily win 30% more hits than I (value can fluctuate, of course). I guess that SF will be far more challenging when we'll have def/arm setups strong enough to compensate att setups…

I think something got lost. This was a statement that was modifying "Since most serious players can come up with well over 1k attack, defense isn't a very good strategy". Defense doesn't count for a victory. It might create a situation where a player loses, but does not COUNT toward the SF victory.

The use of defense probably can make things interesting but I seriously doubt it could be used to win a SF (as it currently stands) against thsoe with all attack (all else equal of course).

#213 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 14:51

I think something got lost. This was a statement that was modifying "Since most serious players can come up with well over 1k attack, defense isn't a very good strategy". Defense doesn't count for a victory. It might create a situation where a player loses, but does not COUNT toward the SF victory

Well, indeed technically you don't win points by winning fights where you defend yourself, but at the end you can win if you protected yourself enough (and so prevented the attackers to win themselves points). Right now our def setups are not strong enough to play that kind of game, but the day we’ll have defs setups of the same level of our att setups, I won’t be surprised if we begin to see def players at the top ;)

#214 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 15:32

I think something got lost. This was a statement that was modifying "Since most serious players can come up with well over 1k attack, defense isn't a very good strategy". Defense doesn't count for a victory. It might create a situation where a player loses, but does not COUNT toward the SF victory

Well, indeed technically you don't win points by winning fights where you defend yourself, but at the end you can win if you protected yourself enough (and so prevented the attackers to win themselves points). Right now our def setups are not strong enough to play that kind of game, but the day we’ll have defs setups of the same level of our att setups, I won’t be surprised if we begin to see def players at the top ;)

I eagerly await that day. Until then, attack is the way to win SF. Unfortunate, but true....

#215 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 16:16

it is too bad armor setup is totally useless in SF. (have to repair/heal every round even if you can survive) It will always be fight between att and def with buff thrown in. even with 100% in def, it is not possible to beat att now . (may be in some of the earlier level it may be possible, but not at EOC)

we are told that we will see different version of SF, Buffs and gears. hopefully, there will be more option to specialize, which would be really cool.

#216 ss_denballs

ss_denballs
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2010 - 16:56

its pretty simple really........the problem with most games similar to ss is that players get bored doing the same thing daily.........we need somtning big........we need change.......in fs this is done by legendary events...........but you,d really need somthing once a week at least..........problem is hcs hasnt got the time as if they cant get new content they cant be working on extra stuff.....so we need somthing which is easy to implement and will give players somthing exciting to do once a week or even daily.............

there are many things that could be done such as giving players a special buff once a week or even daily that must be used that day.......but things like this could mess up the game

the only thing i can think of that would be really exciting and give everyone somthing to do .......boost activity and increase participation in slaughterfest would be if we sort of combined the slaughterfest with legendery events.............if a different legendary creature was in the slaughterfest every week i think this would really improve the game..........maybe 1 le creature for every real player {re-spawning when killed}

#217 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 17:00

its pretty simple really........

Posted Image

#218 ss_denballs

ss_denballs
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2010 - 18:40

its pretty simple really........

Posted Image

thank you for your support

#219 Dragoonale

Dragoonale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:40

ok i just wanna say that this game just is not fun after a while. theirs nothing to do on here. the pvp just doesn't seem very fun either. im a Faction Founder of The Dark Brotherhood and i just cant get members in their. and the reason i cant is because this game is not well known at all, and the second is people dont find this game fun thats why everyone quits. also people dont have the money this game requires. im saving for college which will be next year and this game is the BIGGEST money drainer i know. to even get a character decent requires loads of money. kids like me (13-18) can barely play this game because it costs so much money. and i would but points on here except for my lack of fun in this game. why buy points here when u could get them on fallen sword. im pretty much posting this for ideas of fun for me and to let you guys no the prices on this game are plain insane. please answer my message back and give me ideas on what to do and i want to hear what the HCS has to say about every part of this message. ty for reading this :D

#220 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:03

ok i just wanna say that this game just is not fun after a while. theirs(There is) nothing to do on here. the pvp just doesn't seem very fun either. im a Faction Founder of The Dark Brotherhood and i just cant get members in their. and the reason i cant is because this game is not well known at all, and the second is people dont find this game fun thats why everyone quits. also, people dont have the money this game requires. i 'm saving for college which will be next year and this game is the BIGGEST money drainer i know. to even get a character decent requires loads of money. kids like me (13-18) can barely play this game because it costs so much money. and i would but points on here except for my lack of fun in this game. why buy points here when u could get them on fallen sword. i'm pretty much posting this for ideas of fun for me and to let you guys no the prices on this game are plain insane. please answer my message back and give me ideas on what to do and i want to hear what the HCS has to say about every part of this message. ty for reading this :D

If your having trouble recruiting, you might want to work on your capitalization and spelling.

As for the rest of it, it comes off way more like a rant, and a whiny one at that. On your issues though:

If you don't have money, don't spend it. Pretty simple. Rottk has several players who have never donated a dime, never accepted a gift from me and have managed to easily earn enough FC through surveys and hunting to pay for energy/xp upgrades and to increase their max energy above 2000.

The "insane" expense only really comes with setting up a faction with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately, many of you "(13-18) [who can] barely play the game because it costs so much" ran out and started a faction you were not able to afford and didn't know when to cut your losses. The result of this was thousands of factions which could not support themselves. Their leaders were too shortsighted to see that they would have been better off banding together sharing their FC and saving some for themselves in the process. Finally they muster together a realization of the mistake that they have made, step into denial complain and quit. The worst part is, during their slow degradation into quitting, they manage to intercept some new players who want a strong leader to follow and derail that new player who quits before level 10 or in conjunction with their founder.

So the real problem is the ease in which anyone in the game may create a faction. I suggest a psych profile be conducted before allowing a person to take on such a role.

As for the rest of the "where is the fun", well fun is relative. We make our fun in ROTTK and take hold of what the cows give us when we can. Aside from that, there was a hopeful post just 2 days ago that suggests there will be a list of the fun to come this week, so this rant seems a little bit irrelevant to begin with.

Tit for tat, rant for rant.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: