Photo

Guild XP while sub-leveling

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
275 replies to this topic

Poll: Guild XP while sub-leveling (245 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this idea would work?

1. Yes. (200 votes [81.63%])

Percentage of vote: 81.63%

2. No. (45 votes [18.37%])

Percentage of vote: 18.37%

Vote

#201 datman67

datman67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 13:36

I never asked anyone to spend any money..seems like all your replies are about spending money and that is not the topic of discussion here..as a matter of fact...the topic has changed so much..not sure what it is now..but has something to do with GXP exploitation..so stop changing the subject..you can always add a new forum like..HOW MUCH MONEY I SPEND..and as far as enjoying the game..enjoy any aspect you want..this blog though is not about YOU..which in all your replies that is all I hear is me, me, me, I, I, I ..stick to the topic please

Hoof already solved the gxp problem with this solution but seems you are the one the one that wants an instant win can't we just let all the guilds catch the top ones button as have not agreed with any of Hoofs ideas.

#202 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 13:45

Hoof already solved the gxp problem with this solution but seems you are the one the one that wants an instant win can't we just let all the guilds catch the top ones button as have not agreed with any of Hoofs ideas.

This is no solution it`s a disaster,,,,,,No work means we want levelers, period.

#203 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 13:46

UHHH, are you guys not seeing what I`m saying here......This option is gonna send the boot to any low stam, virtual inactive in about all guilds..Yes, exploit is right, You will be able to gain gxp everyday if you want and not even have to work for it so a

leveling guild wanting to stay at the top is gonna BOOT<BOOT<BOOT and you can count on it....

I`m gonna say this one more time, there is a handful of people that WORK at maybe gaining some more gxp from just simple deleveling, take the work out of it and this game is going straight to levelers and I`m one of them.

EVEN if HCS gets rid of the champions EXPLOIT and add the gold upgrade to drop levels you will still be able to delevel and relevel !!!

only difference would be that you will get the SAME xp / gxp you got from your 1st leveling and NOT 3-4 times more gxp (than your 1st leveling) by hitting only ONE champion!

if you spend the same stamina, same buffs, same potions then you should get the same XP, same GXP (NOT MORE or LESS) for your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ..... hunts!!

is it really that difficult to understand?

so as you can see you can still get GXP , NO LESS, NO MORE so what exactly is the problem if this gets implemented?

Edited by maxdragon, 10 December 2013 - 13:48.

#204 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 13:48

Wouldn't the simplest solution to all this be the releasing of content well ahead of EOC players?  Hoof....release 2000 levels and see how many people de-level then.

Of course that is impossible and I am jesting about the number of new content levels.  That is the underlying problem though.  If I was at EOC and couldn't sub-level,  I am not sure I would still spend time, money or effort on this game as there are many others available.  Maybe because I am not at EOC I don't quite have the insight as the EOC people do,  but I think they do what they do not only for GXP but to stave off boredom and eventual retirement.

Leave the game as it is.   It is too far broken in too many ways,  sorry Hoof,  to try and patch it now.

Hitting the nail on the head Jess..Plus 1000

#205 datman67

datman67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 13:48

UHHH, are you guys not seeing what I`m saying here......This option is gonna send the boot to any low stam, virtual inactive in about all guilds..Yes, exploit is right, You will be able to gain gxp everyday if you want and not even have to work for it so a

leveling guild wanting to stay at the top is gonna BOOT<BOOT<BOOT and you can count on it....

I`m gonna say this one more time, there is a handful of people that WORK at maybe gaining some more gxp from just simple deleveling, take the work out of it and this game is going straight to levelers and I`m one of them.

Think that would happen even less now Red as now the team does not have to put out 50 to 75 levels a month which is what would push what your topic is about as most players can not do that and unlike what some have thought is not what the top guilds want as the more new players that come to FS the better. This lack of making less levels gives every guild a quick way to get to EOC especially with global pots. Means less FSP for those guilds to have to spend on buffs which frees them up to buy FSP for those that can not afford to in game. 

#206 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 13:58

EVEN if HCS gets rid of the champions EXPLOIT and add the gold upgrade to drop levels you will still be able to delevel and relevel !!!

only difference would be that you will get the SAME xp / gxp you got from your 1st leveling and NOT 3-4 times more gxp (than your 1st leveling) by hitting only ONE champion!

if you spend the same stamina, same buffs, same potions then you should get the same XP, same GXP (NOT MORE or LESS) for your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ..... hunts!!

is it really that difficult to understand?

so as you can see you can still get GXP , NO LESS, NO MORE so what exactly is the problem if this gets implemented?

You need to read my other post here.

Think that would happen even less now Red as now the team does not have to put out 50 to 75 levels a month which is what would push what your topic is about as most players can not do that and unlike what some have thought is not what the top guilds want as the more new players that come to FS the better. This lack of making less levels gives every guild a quick way to get to EOC especially with global pots. Means less FSP for those guilds to have to spend on buffs which frees them up to buy FSP for those that can not afford to in game. 

Whatever you guys think,,,I know a huge exploit when I see it, Remember I`m at EOC>

We started talk about exploiting xp, bb, free medals and now we have a poll for help the players who is on EOC get more GXP?..... OMG

Give a shot about easy xp on game, it's very bad to game!

correct

#207 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 13:59

You need to read my other post here.

Whatever you guys think,,,I know a huge exploit when I see it, Remember I`m at EOC>

why do you think that this EXPLOIT only affects EOC players? THAT IS NOT TRUE !

for example: if a players VL is 1000 and he sits on a champion lvl 1000 and his AL is 500 then he can abuse this EXPLOIT too! EVEN THOUGH HE IS NOT AT EOC !!

this EXPLOIT affects ALL PLAYERS of ALL LEVELS !!!

#208 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 14:21

I think this latest suggestion will work hoof.

If subleveling on a creature continues to generate Guild XP then there is no need to de-level anymore. This saves the player de-levelling spending FSPs on paying for bounties and getting bountied.

The players complaining about deliberate de-levels on the BB and giving away Smasher and Bounty Medals will have the BB back as it should be which is a place for retaliation not for deliberate de-levels.

#209 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 14:28

for example: if a players VL is 1000 and he sits on a champion lvl 1000 and his AL is 500 then he can abuse this EXPLOIT too! EVEN THOUGH HE IS NOT AT EOC !!

There would no need for the L1000 to delevel down to 500 as he would net more moving forward.. 

I really think some folks just arent getting what hoof is saying ..sigh

#210 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 December 2013 - 14:40

I'm still on the edge about this idea. Is it a short-term fix? Yes, I believe so. Is it the best we have in the short-run? Probably. Is it all about GXP? That I'm not 100% entirely convinced about, but since what bothered me was all of the spam, free smasher medal hits (advertised) and actual misuse of the bounty board (hard to punish someone if they want it). I believe that the idea suggested will be a start, but should not be considered the end all fix. I believe it to just be a band-aid on something more than a little cut. 

There have been some pretty good ideas, and I know that no one idea is going to really prevail in the community. There are way too many members who are set in their ways and do not like change (much like business or life today). Staid had some pretty great ideas about the buff that would allow EoC players to multiply the XP loss by XX amount if they were willing to cut out their KS. Also - the idea of the SE/monster who will multiply the XP loss based on defeat would be another great idea. I'm not sure where to "house" this monster, but makes it an interesting idea. The idea of a gold "upgrade" or FSP upgrade to lose 1 level or XX XP would be a great addition as well. I just think that people will get tired of seeing the small personal XP/gold gain even though the guild may be getting a much larger XP number. 

I think for now I'll vote yes, but I hope this item doesn't get dropped as I feel there will still be those who want to delevel so that they can see the higher normal XP numbers and more normal gold return. 

Edited by Kedyn, 10 December 2013 - 14:49.

#211 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 14:50

We had this same discussion a while back and closed the polls then...Now after a few got their toes stepped on trying to get a purple dot from a naked player on the BB we are at this again.

Some people worked at this deleveling and had we known we could have just gotten up a FORUM and then give everyone the same benefits we could have saved our levels,our fsp and bashing a couple of cry baby bounty hunters.

Since this aspect of the game is now a FREEBIE, I think I will go into bounty hunting. This means 9 hits, 100 stams and I wont cry about it.

This is what's called a temper tantrum.  Isn't this basically the same thing you're accusing the other side of doing?  Funny considering yesterday you were messaging me all about how bad you felt for treating bounty hunters the way you did. You even apologized for the actions of your other guild mate. What changed?  Regardless, you're more then welcome to come join our BH ranks. Of course, randomly 100 stamming people for no reason other then you didn't get your way is silly. At the very least threaten those meanie BH's who dared to not be intimidated by you. But like I told you yesterday, to each his own. 

I haven't voted on this topic yet. I'm not sure why, but the whole thing leaves a bad taste. It doesn't seem like the issue will be fixed so much as covered with another temp. bandaid. 

#212 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 10 December 2013 - 14:55

I haven't voted on this topic yet. I'm not sure why, but the whole thing leaves a bad taste. It doesn't seem like the issue will be fixed so much as covered with another temp. bandaid. 

+1

#213 Brinmoth

Brinmoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 15:01

Command > Drop topic  > Initiate > Now

I know... Wrong syntax but it's worth a shot :P

Edited by Brinmoth, 10 December 2013 - 15:05.

#214 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 15:02

maxdragon, on 10 Dec 2013 - 14:59, said:snapback.png

There would no need for the L1000 to delevel down to 500 as he would net more moving forward.. 

I really think some folks just arent getting what hoof is saying ..sigh

it was an EXAMPLE as I stated in my post you quoted !!!

of course there is no need for the lvl 1000 to delevel down to 500 BUT he can use that EXPLOIT too even if he is not at EOC!!

#215 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 15:10

Here are my suggestions to GXP,  BB and Deleveling

GXP

> HCS could determine an max possible GXP for each member (max percentage of current exp)

Since players can contribue with up to 25% their exp while hunting, I think having an 30% (or even upto 33,33%) max global GXP limit per player, so players will still be able to delevel to get some extra exp to theirs guids without exploiting so much this possibility (based on his/her current exp => so there would not be players losing 500 levels each time)

BB

> HCS could determine an max possible level loss on BB per day

Players on BB could lose up to 10 levels per day, and it doesn't matter how much BB s/he has got for himself/herself on that day.

- There can also be an buff for players on level 1800 that reduce the exp lost by players on BB (Honor only works on normal pvp attacks and exp lost on them are not doubled like on BB, or even improving the buff honor to work on it to be more useful).

Deleveling

> One buff for deleveling and an Gold Upgrade

Another player mentioned about that but I forgot his name and the forum thread he posteed it, That buff that increases exp lost vs creatures (it could be 3% extra loss in exp per point, at level 175 player will lose +525% extra exp) would help avoiding BB to be the only solution to lose levels.

And something on Gold upgrades could be also implemented to help them lose upto 10 levels per day (extra loss on that day). Gold upgrades reset on 0:00 (server time) could work with it too.

[Maybe it can solve this problem]

Edited by Kbyte, 10 December 2013 - 15:48.

#216 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 15:11

maxdragon, on 10 Dec 2013 - 14:59, said:snapback.png

And that is what we are trying to fix. This compromise that is being proposed will fix that. There will be no need to delevel anymore to get the guild the GXP.

#217 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 15:17

And that is what we are trying to fix. This compromise that is being proposed will fix that. There will be no need to delevel anymore to get the guild the GXP.

I think you got it wrong, yet will be possible exploit XP de-leveling and re-leveling, this will not fix this problem of exploit XP,bb and  free medals, will only put other exploit on game

#218 Zennaro

Zennaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 15:18

We've been talking about why players de-level in a couple of threads now and I've been looking towards a solution that would work better for this. The main reason for de-levelling seems to be to contribute more guild xp towards your guild as the reduced xp at the end of content also adjusts the amount of xp that is contributed.

Rather than nerf stats and/or xp as previously suggested, I think we can keep this aspect of the game (i.e.. contributing to your guild) without impacting other aspects of the game (bounty board, medals etc.) by simply removing the sub-levelling reduction from guild xp. What I mean is you would get a guild xp contribution based on the xp you would have gained from the creature before any reduction is applied for sub-levelling.

What do you think?

Why is it a problem that the levelling dance impacts other parts of the game? Don't other parts impact levelling? Aren't pvp-players using the same idea to roll up and down in order to avoid getting hit back?

#219 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 15:21

I think you got it wrong, yet will be possible exploit XP de-leveling and re-leveling, this will not fix this problem of exploit XP,bb and  free medals, will only put other exploit on game

The original exploit will still exist, just not in the same way. The xp will still be increased from personal xp, but the GXP will remain a constant for each creature. It would actually be extremely inefficient to delevel and relevel after this compromise.

And I believe the BB will change since it's not being used as Hoof wanted it.. or at least that is what I got out of his post the other day

#220 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 December 2013 - 15:27

This saddens me deeply. The fact that you guys are so adamant about making a change when nothing needs to be changed. 

My guildie, just deleveled, all the way down from level 1800, to level 1200. So that he could help us out of GXP lock. 

With this new suggestion implemented, he will be lucky to get back to level 1500. 

If you would be so kind as to tell me why exactly things need changing; in detail if you would.

As I am not able to find a single good reason to change anything.

The only thing this is going to fix, is players will no longer be deleveling, Thus causing those players to be stuck at EOC.

Now, Gomezkilla told me that there are many other things that can be done once EOC can be reached. 

Such as titan hunting, pvping, se hunting.

But don't you think that those players that have been playing the game for 4-5 years who are at EOC have already done all this?

It is sad that you guys are too close minded to see the whole picture. You just want to change something without looking at the long term consequences. 

Like I said before, if this is implemented, be prepared to lose a lot of players.

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: