• 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 13 April 2013 - 16:32

Cooldown time on potions

There is cooldown time on potions...

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#222 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2013 - 16:33

I wish there wasn't  :ph34r:

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#223 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 13 April 2013 - 16:35

I wish there wasn't  :ph34r:

Your wish will never happen

91ig7l.png

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#224 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2013 - 16:36

Your wish will never happen

I know  <_<

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#225 Killen4fun

Killen4fun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 18:22

1. Please get rid of the repair items system. Thats such a terrible idea.

lol really? Repair is a GREAT system actually. One of the best gold sinks you can have. The more you play the more you pay. (In game currency of course)

#226 Qudi

Qudi

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 19:14

Yes there is a cooldown, but it is not shown in the description of the potions. Thats what I meant

Maybe I should have been more clear srry

#227 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 13 April 2013 - 20:01

Yes there is a cooldown, but it is not shown in the description of the potions. Thats what I meant

Maybe I should have been more clear srry

Thats a good idea :)

91ig7l.png

#228 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 16 April 2013 - 14:03

my 2 cents

* would be fine to have possibility to put melee attack (maybe including other abilities) on both ribbons / spell bars so one could predefine different sets of attacks - i think it would be handy for mixed chars.

* i hope resetting char stats will be pretty expensive or limited to very low number (1/2?) - not to see others reset their chars almost for every quest; think twice where to put points and how to specialize. otherwise eldevin will change meaning of RPG abbrev from "role playing game" to "reset player game".

* there is no need to craft / leatherwork equipment while you can get better stuff "just playnig the game" right now - i mean rare stuff with much better stats than crafted is quite easy to get. maybe it would be fine to limit quantitiy of such items to # of players @ appropriate lvl or limit to some max # per day/week) - even for some quest rewards - some may get lucky but most would get "cheaper" (common) alternative - such setup would ask for unbounding some quest rewards to let em be sold in auctions or so.

* i'm not sure whether it was an intention, but most of the medium armors i found around till current lvl (20) are with ranged bonuses - when playing assasin you are very limited to reasonable stuff to wear.

* im missing there bit more of socializing - expect of a few dungeons its like single player game - cults/guilds, marketplace, more group quests (maybe type of cooperation where in same time party members would have to be on different places and coordinate their actions simultaneously / do different things in same time / use different proffessions), or accepting & progress in higher lvl quests for group of lower leveled chars (something like: for quest lvl 20 group of 5 players would need average lvl 20-5 = lvl 15 to accept & progress the quest)

* even if there is a lvl cap, 2nd xp bar (overall) may exist for xp ranking + maybe like in gothador you had # of kills of each creature top rankings so we could compete in # of killed rats :) ... or so

* some quests should be hidden - not showing question marks / exclamations / navigation - leave that for main quests but for side quests not important for progress in game should have it hidden/not available. let players which enjoy questing to really enjoy it.

style5,Majjer.png

#229 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 16 April 2013 - 18:31

* would be possible rename "frozen spires" ability to something like "glass fragments" ?

"frozen spires" makes a "mage" of purely melee character but having there ability spreading "glass fragments" around character would be more melee and player wont have "mage" feeling of himself. 

:)

* another idea - crafted items should have the possibility to get name of the crafter (crafter adds a label to the recipe with his name) what would make them unique like "majjer's crafted tattered gloves" or "majjer's cooked venison"

* one more idea with labels - have possibility to pack item into gift box with a label of donor's name

* different way how to make crafted stuff unique would be something like crafters' transmutation skill - crafter chooses his specialization transforming one type of bonus to another (for example "vitality to sorcery" - 30 possible combinations at all) and then can modify crafted item this way. with higher crafting levels more effctively. such items should loose one point from durability on each repair till completly wasted. specialization could be kind of quest reward so only one specialization will be available to character. you can easily limit amount of such unique items - make component needed for TM available in premium shop only.

style5,Majjer.png

#230 Bruut

Bruut

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 April 2013 - 13:12

Might have been suggested but i did not see it on the first page.

One click option with repeatable apprentice quests. accepting and opening up the dropbox for delivery with one click in stead of 5/6.

If it is a matter of RL stamina investment leave it like it is or if it is a matter of RL time investment let the apprentice "check the delivery" for 10 second or so.

avimax_zps9d2c373f.jpg

#231 Loaf

Loaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 April 2013 - 13:24

Might have been suggested but i did not see it on the first page.

One click option with repeatable apprentice quests. accepting and opening up the dropbox for delivery with one click in stead of 5/6.

If it is a matter of RL stamina investment leave it like it is or if it is a matter of RL time investment let the apprentice "check the delivery" for 10 second or so.

This would be a great improvement.

When I've spent 3 hours fishing up an inventory full of Tuna, the last thing I want to do is break my wrist dragging and dropping 15 into the apprentice drop box and spam-clicking [yes] 1000's of times.

To make the process less tedious, I position all the pop-up windows so the [learn quest] and all the affirmative responses are lined up and only mouse movement required is dumping the cargo.  It helps- but a reduction of steps would make an enormous difference. 

If you have a spare minute, please rate Eldevin at mmorpg.com

#232 Bruut

Bruut

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 April 2013 - 13:53

and how about if in the drop-box it actually said "Grab Items" and it just took them from your invetory/backpack ... or am i being lazy now :?

would save another few click-drag-clicks.

avimax_zps9d2c373f.jpg

#233 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 14:14

deleting/droping items from back packs - multi delete option please

#234 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 14:27

in addition ...  i understand some aspects of the game are ment to be done over time and at great lenghts. but.... the gathering its teadious,  fun.  takes for ever.  no joke 18 hrs to get one catigory up above lvl 10. i these are the intentions can ya'll make a better reward or....dunno something.   for at least have a "WARNING may cause carpel tunnel" LOL   xoxo 

where is the spell check button

#235 June32nd

June32nd

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 18:00

Hey, add these to 'Acknowledged by HCS' section;

• A better camera (Full control or at least more than current)

I'd love full control "every so much, Arnold" to quote Lila.

I'd hate to draw contrast and bring up name to other browser based MMORPGs within the market, but there are others that are stuck in the third person psuedo-iso view which is like Eldevin. And though i loved that game and still drop by time to time. It was a huge annoyance of mine. And the others allow full control. It's not a game breaker to me, it's just i find my neck is kinked when playing, Or i'll lean up and sort of stick my head up to see in front when walking under a bridge or that stone arch way just outside Eldevin City. All because i want to see in front of my toon. /shrug maybe it's me. 

Also more /emotes if not mentioned already. Will edit if this is already possible.

#236 June32nd

June32nd

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 18:04

in addition ...  i understand some aspects of the game are ment to be done over time and at great lenghts. but.... the gathering its teadious,  fun.  takes for ever.  no joke 18 hrs to get one catigory up above lvl 10. i these are the intentions can ya'll make a better reward or....dunno something.   for at least have a "WARNING may cause carpel tunnel" LOL   xoxo 

where is the spell check button

this is very true. the grind is brutal. Maybe an a set standard increase depending on level on area or general difficulty to achieve. Maybe based on the rarity?

#237 June32nd

June32nd

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 18:46

Edited for clarity by : Myself

2 Suggestions sorry if already suggested

1. A downloadable, stand alone client

with the above option, would allow the 2nd suggestion below

2. Allowing of Modifications (with standalone download or browser vers could allow for easier moderating of Modifications

To expand on number 2: Below is what I believe is a separation of in game modification or add-ons. That can be found in many Triple A, Sub based MMORPGs. For the shake to not cause confusion while reading i have a separation modifications and add-on as I feel there is a distinct difference and that the two can not be used interchangeably as they have been over the years, I shall do my best to explain below.

The Add-Ons/Plug-ins - An Added component that would not be there if played with a vanilla copy. Anything that is added to automate or present information not already available to the player such as Boss Awareness Systems that display messages or shows areas and tells the player what to do. that would require normally learning of in game Qs given in game or the ability to macro a string of skills or the like in a few then 1:1 ratio. 

The Modifications - Present already Presented information to the player in more readily, easier view or/and mostly cosmetically. These would include such as UI Modification like damage meters because, the information is already presented to the player, it is just calculated in the moment. Instead of a player scrolling back through the combat text to tally, and calculate their DPS this modification does it for the player.

I know there is some cross over here and one could say that this is automating game play for a player. As it automatically does what the player would normally have to do by hand. But since the information is already presented it is being modified to be present more readily and easier. Unlike the above explanation where the user is being presented information they wouldn't be shown period. There could even be officially release Modification that are presented in the cash shop, if need be. If the devs implement features of a player created modification that is already present. The creator could choose to say "Awesome!" or can one-up the Developers and Modify the new feature.

Both types can be regulated by the GM or Forum Mods to make sure that they are according to standards and approved.

How to prevent players from hosting and giving out their own unregulated modifications or add-ons.

If the game is kept strictly browser then a feature could be added to the website called Mods in which the community submits Modifications for approving that players could, after approval, search through and "apply" to their account. The management and upkeep of these mods would be solely on the shoulders of the creator to keep more work off the developers, with each update, a new approval would be needed. This same method could work as with minecraft skins for the stand alone downloaded version of Eldevin

As Examples:

• Resizing or shaping of the mini map or the World Map
  • UI skinning, resizing or "theme" related modifications, and repositioning of all Windows
  • An All in one bag window (Taking multiple bag spaces and creating one giant window for all the total space.
  • Inventory Search and Filters (based on rarity, profession or preference)
  • Chat window modifications (Size, Shape, Colors, Displaying of Information i.e. fonts, time stamps, customizable coloring)
  • Displaying of World Map
  • Showing the amount of currency along the time or bottom of the screen

Examples that are a grey area between the two described above:

• Atlas of all in game maps
  • Item Drop Lists of dungeons
  • etc

Let me elaborate on the Grey Area. This Modification walk a tight line between my above Add-On VS Mod explanation at the start even though this information is presented to the user it isn't readily available to them. A player could in fact sit with a pen and paper and make a list of each dungeon but to have an above Grey Area loot table would automate and funnel a players game-play. Meaning he/she would not need to run anything that would not be needed for their desired items. Prevent people from not helping and remaining group friendly to each and all dungeons and challenges.

/shrug idk. just thinking.

#238 Neofito

Neofito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 April 2013 - 22:50

Not sure if has been already posted, sorry if that's the case.

Let us know the bonus given by a full set armor before all the set is equiped by the char.

In life the things aren't white or black, the certain is that they are composed of a beautiful variety of grey tones.

#239 Coldie

Coldie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 14:43

I didnt really read all the suggestions so Im sorry if I might repeat it , but Will there be some guild system? It doesnt really have to give any bonuses just have a guild's name on top of you along with a logo and maybe then some kind of a land control system , such as guilds could conquer parts of a city or some little towns,each guild could own 1 land and gain some little bonuses from it , such as 5% gold boosts or something like that , depends of a place ,and guilds could conquer it from each other , itll add some kind of a pvp system also in the game. Just an idea really . 

Also with the guild system well maybe give some kind of a item that you could wear just to represent your guild , such as idk cloak/cape , symbol on your armor , whatever , just for the looks , no bonuses again . And well thats my little suggestion eh :)

#240 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2013 - 19:10

Reduce the size of the Lithsie tree, its too huge and it gets in the way of you trying to move or activate items via quest or curiosity.

The world is cruel...as will I....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: