383 replies to this topic

#221 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 21:20

I have a question for BG or someone who knows:  How does this new CD system affect a solo guild?  If I secure will it go to guild or to me personally?  If I secure, and it goes to guild first, am I then allowed to secure again  personally?

Just wondering because after reading this entire forum none of this is made clear.

you will always use your guild secure first if available otherwise then it will be solo. You dont get to choose. If you miss the chance to hunt with your guild you can personally hunt it and if you place first you get the item on go on a 7 day cooldown for that particular titan.

#222 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 21:23

With the new rules in effect, yes, you can secure twice. Once for guild. Then your guild goes on CD. Once personally but you must secure and you go on personal CD.

keyword "can" sometimes you miss out when people use the guild secure. But no one but you can use your personal. Think they were under the assumptipm everyone gets a guarenteed two secures.

#223 muush

muush

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 December 2017 - 22:40

keyword "can" sometimes you miss out when people use the guild secure. But no one but you can use your personal. Think they were under the assumptipm everyone gets a guarenteed two secures.

Okay, that's clear.  Next, will this be for ALL titans, or just the seasonal?  ie, Secure a Skaldirs, either through a solo secure (+50%) or TKP, then personally solo one.  Effectively getting two epics within 7 days.  (I realize this would depend on spawn rate, just using it as an example)

Edited by muush, 28 December 2017 - 22:42.

#224 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 23:05

Well the reason why they are trying this is because those in guilds with 100 people have a slim chance to catch the guild secure. The cows have said this is a test so we dont really know anything yet. I just hope it stays so i can continue to play the game :).

#225 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 23:18

Good my 2 cents on the new titan thingy.

First off, I noticed a strong NO from HCS against anything resembling personal TKP or ways to circumvent the cooldown system. 

Funny that we end up with the current situation, of which I think is a way to please those wanting personal TKP or ways around the cooldown. However, for the mere mortals around here, it is quite impossible to compete against the godlike who can afford to hunt with the instant teleport. 

And with a titan like the new one, well there are always plenty around with teleport 200. 

So with that in mind, I personally hope that this is not the new way to go, cause like this titan hunting will become a sport for the richest amongst us. 

#226 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 23:52

Never liked tp200+ but was forced to conform because it's here. I've learned to live with it now.

#227 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 00:01

Did they make a way to check when your personally off CD yet or no?

#228 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:26

Gospa Perchta (Titan)s killed. you know were to find him? if so explain in dumb dumb terms pls lol  also is there any pots ro skills that help give more kills?

to get there go to forest of yule >>> murk >>>> desent..

get yourself teleport and quest hunter ( if your doing the quest ) or titan doubler ( if your going for tkp or secure )

#229 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:59

you can secure twice via guild using tkp bonus in first place and once individually making 3 per cycle. that fundamentally is a reward for genuinely fast hunters or larger guilds that can organize. plus then individuals in those guilds can then secure that is fair for everyone to have a chance to gain items.Now there is almost no downside to being in large guilds  another part of the diversity of this game will suffer as a result.

Sadly I am yet to see a solution that works for people who are neither fast or time poor.

#230 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:03

Why should there be a disadvantage for being in a guild that happens to be larger or smaller. I wanna be able to game just the same way as everyone else with a bunch of my friends. At the end of the day everything really boils down to the individual anyway.

#231 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:21

Why should there be a disadvantage for being in a guild that happens to be larger or smaller.

Answers and illustrates my point perfectly. there shouldn't yet right now there is.

#232 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:04

I am just happy i can play the game again how i want too. Maybe finally finish up that diamond titan hunter. No more guilt trips while securing titans. Looking forward to what the cows think afterwards.

#233 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:54

I'm still at a loss as to how this could possibly be a level playing field.  But if you guys are happy who am I to question?  I guess I should be happy things are in the works to make my style of play a little easier....  Hopefully I'll live long enough to see that.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#234 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:46

I'm still at a loss as to how this could possibly be a level playing field.  But if you guys are happy who am I to question?  I guess I should be happy things are in the works to make my style of play a little easier....  Hopefully I'll live long enough to see that.

whats a level playing field look like to you?

#235 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:51

whats a level playing field look like to you?

I'd like to be able to repair my gear on the map like you guys.... I cannot.  Unless I switch to the old map.  I'd like the refresh circle to be a little bigger and further from the teleport to krul island one, so that AM is more efficient for me to use, and I don't tap the wrong one by accident... I'd like the map to slide around on a touchscreen so I can chase a Titan if I so choose. I'd like a way to use my onscreen keyboard in the same way you use your physical one....   I'd like to be able to move from point A to point B with the map expanded, and actually go where my finger taps, and not be rubber banded back.

Mostly I'd like my voice to be heard without somebody telling me I need to buy a computer or spend $60 or $100 I don't have for potions to keep up with the rest of you. 

But more than anything else, I wish that the bickering would cease, that good ideas would get more consideration, that improvement and development would be targeted more to fun for all, and less to what might be profitable for a select few.  

But these things are far in the future, when there's an app for that, if at all, and I fear I may not live that long.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#236 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:13

Why should there be a disadvantage for being in a guild that happens to be larger or smaller. I wanna be able to game just the same way as everyone else with a bunch of my friends. At the end of the day everything really boils down to the individual anyway.

Because you already have advantages for being in a large guild? The cooldown system was implemented for a reason appearantly. 

However I do see your point aswel, but the current implementation makes it no fun for the mass, just for a few. 

Then again, some game aspects work out better with smaller guilds, titan hunting and GvG being two of them. Perhaps you need to make choices, be in a big levelling guild, or a smaller one focussed on titans or GvG. Why should everything fit any guild? That is what makes this game fun.

If they want a system like this, they should have gone with the elemental titans setup, where you can hunt it once for a personal gain. Then we would not need a silly bound epic either. 

As for TP200, I am not blaming anybody for using what is out there to be used. It just shouldn't have been implemented at all. It is a win button for a select few.

#237 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 13:02

Bp your voice has been heard that's why the app was announced. I will hand it to you we haven't seen much on that forefront lately but lets try our very hardest to be hopeful we will soon. I don't even see myself using it but i nag the cows all the time for people like you. Morg there are hardly any benefits from being in a large guild now a days only disadvantages. With the game aging many find themselves wanting to stick together with friends and play together. The whole "leave your guild and start a solo ""guild"" has always sounded like bs to me. Why should people have to leave their guild to experience the game. If TH being more active makes it "less fun" there is definitly greed involved. Every individual having a chance on each titan seems very fair. I'm seeing all sorts of names ive never seen before pop up on the titan log and i'm glad to see that. To those that were used to playing the waiting game and securing their titan for free when every guild was on cooldown need to scoot over for the new and revived game. The only adherent "problems" i see are the quest is difficult. I personally don't have an issue with that i like challenging content. I had to stick around and hunt the new titan in multiple spawns when i finished it i really felt like i earned it. Second i do think tp200+ really needs to be discontinued. I've thought this since its very inception but nobody wanted to talk about it because it didnt effect them well now it is. Many HCS can enlighten us on their viewpoint of tp200+ because its really turned into the haves and the have nots with it. If i see someone using tp200+ i just step aside.

If they were to "discontinue" tp200+ i recommend doing it in a way that doesn't take it out of the game all together. On maps that have active titans simply scale it down to tp192. So for those who like hunting with it in 2x event's still can.

Edited by EpicPiety, 29 December 2017 - 13:12.

#238 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 14:09

@EpicPiety

Not saying "start a solo guild", though you can pick a slightly smaller guild so the things you want to do are a bit easier. I am not that much in favor in having to many solo guilds. I am however in favour of more guilds, but that is another discussion.

But I do understand you want to stick with your friends and still have a shot at things, but the new trial solution is wrong. The way the elemental titans were setup would be a lot better. Though I am sure some improvements can be made on those aswel. 

I also think having TP 175 + temporal shift enhancement is more than enough. And gives a slight advantage for those guild willing to invest in the structure. 

Or if one would insist on having a higher TP available like you suggest, make an inventable/loyalty potion for it at level 175, so that with a zombie brew you can get to that higher TP, but at least then everybody can.

#239 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 14:11

With a potion 175 version you would still be able to get 0 second TP cooldown.

#240 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 15:28

Sorry did not do the math on that one, but let's say a potion level that equals the level you can cast it yourself. (when used with a ZB)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: