255 replies to this topic

#241 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 22:36

im just looking at it in a fantasy sense..do bounties expire after 2 days in the 'real' world? or when they are collected?

+1, The other issue is the fact that the ONLY bounties that will expire are going to be a PvPer of an extremely high level. This is a slap in the face to those that are hit as well, why should they have to pay an exorbitant amount of FSP (I say FSP as gold simply will not entice someone to take the bounty save for a few people), to get a small amount of retribution. What was the harm in leaving the bounty up in the 1st place? Does a bounty or warrant on a wanted criminal just disappear? Would a bounty just go away in the old west? As a PvPer I would feel ashamed of myself if I wasn't punished for my misdeeds, I deserve it and expect it every time.

still waiting for Hoof or another developer to post their reasoning behind Expiring Bounties..

#242 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 23:48

im just looking at it in a fantasy sense..do bounties expire after 2 days in the 'real' world? or when they are collected?

this is not the real world however if you would like to view it in that stand point then please see the following

stat·ute of lim·i·ta·tions
Noun:
A statute prescribing a period of limitation for the bringing of certain kinds of legal action.

so in the real world you have time limits as well. :) it may not be 2 days but lets face it this is a game so the time frame is much less and very realistic.

#243 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 00:18

this is not the real world however if you would like to view it in that stand point then please see the following

Noun:
A statute prescribing a period of limitation for the bringing of certain kinds of legal action.

so in the real world you have time limits as well. :) it may not be 2 days but lets face it this is a game so the time frame is much less and very realistic.

i said the word fantasy as well ;) lol

..bounties don't expire, they only get larger ;) ...run and you'll only die tired..

#244 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:23

Noun:

i said the word fantasy as well ;) lol

..bounties don't expire, they only get larger ;) ...run and you'll only die tired..

well you asked about the "Real" world but fine. the very definition of a "fantasy world" is a "fake" world of ones own creating which means it can be anyway that the dreamer dreams it. FS is the cows world and they are the ones that have dreamed it up and in there fantasy world they have left bountys with a statue of limitations.

#245 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:45

go go captain dictionary 8) :lol:

#246 sandra1988

sandra1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:12

I've rarely ever commented on the forums so i'll keep this short and sweet.

The decision to make bounty's expire after 48 hours is a completely stupid, Basically you're allowing the high level pvpers to bully the playground in a way.
This would be a nice option if the bounty board was FULL of people to clear, but that's not even the case, the board is dead 90% of the time. So why have them expire ?
Basically you're rewarding a bountied player for holding out for 48 hours.

Also having the ability to place multiple bounties on ladder hits is just totally crazy, Especially when you have to opt-in to the ladder.

One things for sure these cows do love there grass.

#247 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:39

I see what you did there

#248 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:21

I've rarely ever commented on the forums so i'll keep this short and sweet.

The decision to make bounty's expire after 48 hours is a completely stupid, Basically you're allowing the high level pvpers to bully the playground in a way.
This would be a nice option if the bounty board was FULL of people to clear, but that's not even the case, the board is dead 90% of the time. So why have them expire ?
Basically you're rewarding a bountied player for holding out for 48 hours.

Also having the ability to place multiple bounties on ladder hits is just totally crazy, Especially when you have to opt-in to the ladder.

Perhaps when the bounty expires after 48 hours of holding out, the bounty(er?) can repost the player for incrementally more amount of gold until the bounty is complete. That way, eventually everyone's bounty will be finished and there is a gold sink. Just an idea I guess.

#249 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:42

LOL, 5 bounties for ladder hits for 1 player. That's going to encourage more participation. Geez this game is broken anymore.

#250 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 14:32

Well all I can say is at the time of this posting there are 2 (TWO) bounties on the BB. So, if one of the purposes of this update was to stimulate BB activity, at this time, on this day, it doesn't appear to be doing much.

#251 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 15:42

Now up to 6. On a Saturday morning in the US. Awesome.

#252 ratslayer

ratslayer

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 15:47

so why are pvp ladder attacks able to be bounty'd? yes, the majority play by teh honor system but now when someone is a sore loser, they can post 10+ bounties on you? why is it possible to have other players fight your own battles when you OPT in to fight on the ladder? i just find that ridiculous

I agree ladder attacks should not be able to be bountied, being on the ladder is choosing the pvp path.

#253 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 17:39

As a total non PvP person I will say that I find it odd to allow bounty hits on the ladder.

Because people opt in to play PvP on the ladder. They volunteer for hits within that setting.

It is therefore a way to get people into PvP, with rewards if they do well.

If someone opts in to the ladder, does some hits because that is the point of the ladder - to be better than people in your band - and then gets bountied and horsed by bounty hunters outwith their band, how is that pertinent to ladder play?

It isn't. Pure and simple.

If you are on the ladder - hit back or concede - do not bounty. Bountying on the ladder means you are incapable of playing the ladder properly, so opt out if you can't take it. Don't have others do your job for you.

I am not a ladder player. This is my outsider's perspective.

Bounty Board is still inactive anyway.... 3 active as of this post....

#254 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 13:39

so why are pvp ladder attacks able to be bounty'd? yes, the majority play by teh honor system but now when someone is a sore loser, they can post 10+ bounties on you? why is it possible to have other players fight your own battles when you OPT in to fight on the ladder? i just find that ridiculous

I agree ladder attacks should not be able to be bountied, being on the ladder is choosing the pvp path.

But the path of pvp involves the risk of being bountied, doesn't it. Why should it be changed, unless the ladder isn't real pvp?

#255 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 13:53

I don't think you should be excluded from a bounty in any circumstances. Whether it be the ladder, a counter bounty, or a normal PvP hit - it's still the same action, and should be open to the same consequence.

There are going to be times when people take advantage of others on the ladder. They shouldn't be immune to retribution. So far, I've only seen 1 player get posted multiple times for ladder hits, and the player that posted them...well, let's just say no one was surprised.

The problem I see here is that a bunch of people that are "levelers" want to dabble in a PvP game without getting their hands dirty. If you want to collect medals, be prepared to lose a couple of those precious levels.

Outside of the ladder, I can count on 1 hand the times I've been attacked randomly over the last year. I don't understand where all the hatred for PvP comes from, especially since it's nowhere near as big of a deal as some make it out to be.

#256 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 18:24

so is this going to be permanent? i'd still like to know the reasoning behind stackable bounties on the ladder and expiring bounties

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: