Photo

Upcoming additions.

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event total? (428 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event total?

1. Voted Yes! (280 votes [65.42%])

Percentage of vote: 65.42%

2. Voted No! (148 votes [34.58%])

Percentage of vote: 34.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#261 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 22:39

it actually benefits the people who USE the most stamina ;) you still have to work for it.

how about top 1 contributor and then 2 random top 100?

That seems much fairer. 1st place auto wins 1 and 2 people are randomly picked from the remaining 99.

#262 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2012 - 22:41

it actually benefits the people who USE the most stamina ;) you still have to work for it.

how about top 1 contributor and then 2 random top 100?

That seems much fairer. 1st place auto wins 1 and 2 people are randomly picked from the remaining 99.

I quite like the idea of top 3 for this next event, but maybe we could do something like that next time? :)

#263 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 22:45

I quite like the idea of top 3 for this next event, but maybe we could do something like that next time? :)

I personally just find it fairer as top 3 to me just shouts out the players who have the highest max stam or the richest to buy a tonne of stam will win hands down, not really what i call fun. i think players with low stam and try so hard just to reach top 100 should at least still have a chance of making the random chosen few. it just gives more players that little extra motivation to hit that top 100 and still be in with a chance.

#264 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 July 2012 - 22:50

I like the idea of having a global quest only potion that acts like doubler, but please don't put it in AH. Put it in the cathedral (and make it bound so no reselling), or better yet make a new little area that will only sell items that are global quest related. You can add a bit of depth to the storyline this way :)

*bump* Nice, fair idea.

#265 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 22:54

I like the idea of having a global quest only potion that acts like doubler, but please don't put it in AH. Put it in the cathedral (and make it bound so no reselling), or better yet make a new little area that will only sell items that are global quest related. You can add a bit of depth to the storyline this way :)

*bump* Nice, fair idea.

Already answered at the top of the page:

I think some potions should be available from the Loyalty page (for gold or Allegiance Tokens) and some of the higher levels ones should be available via the Special section of the Auction House (this should be an awesome gold sink ;))

We could try it out by not adding really high level versions of the potions and we could make it so the multiplied kills only count toward the qualification and contribution towards the event (ie. only actual kills would be counted for the Top 100 for the event).

One other thing which we've not mentioned yet is the Top 3 contributors to the next event will be able to get an exclusive avatar for their character drawn by FORN (one of our artists who draws the creatures for the game :)). We'll give you more info on this when the event starts ;)

#266 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 23:00

For nay-sayers, the reward is just an Avi, albeit one we can assume will be very cool. I don't see the logic in the arguments against this.

Now randomly I think #'s could be chosen from the prior events, like oh say #41 from the 1st list of Top Competitors for one of Forn's Avi's ... .I am jesting, well 99% :wink:

Hmmm, actually I would suggest maybe changing it to that the #1 of the prior Global Quests and only #1 of future quests get this honor, but looks like it's been decided -- but still tossing it out there.

#267 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 23:13

I think some potions should be available from the Loyalty page (for gold or Allegiance Tokens) and some of the higher levels ones should be available via the Special section of the Auction House (this should be an awesome gold sink ;)) .....

I disagree with putting the potions in the Special section of the AH. When HCS put forth the Global Quest it was with the ideal of everyone working together for a common goal. If you leave us fighting over a few potions in the Special-AH, it becomes a brawl, and it's ridiculous of me perhaps, but that makes me sad.

One example of how this would create a huge disparity is just logistically the huge advantage higher level players have when bidding on Special-AH potions over lower level players, and that's just the way it is -- but don't let that affect a L100 player's chance to succeed versus a L1100 player. It's a simple fact that a L1100 player can sit with several million gold on hand without much fear of being PvP'd; whereas, the L100 player with several million gold is almost sending up flares that say to PvP'ers "hit me - hit me".

Having potions available for gold/A-tokens on the Loyalty page, that works.

I hope you will reconsider, respectfully, Kath

#268 fs_shamandark

fs_shamandark
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 23:32

Should be great. Could you tell us how many kills will be counted according to what level each Doubler is?

#269 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2012 - 23:32

I think some potions should be available from the Loyalty page (for gold or Allegiance Tokens) and some of the higher levels ones should be available via the Special section of the Auction House (this should be an awesome gold sink ;)) .....

I disagree with putting the potions in the Special section of the AH. When HCS put forth the Global Quest it was with the ideal of everyone working together for a common goal. If you leave us fighting over a few potions in the Special-AH, it becomes a brawl, and it's ridiculous of me perhaps, but that makes me sad.

One example of how this would create a huge disparity is just logistically the huge advantage higher level players have when bidding on Special-AH potions over lower level players, and that's just the way it is -- but don't let that affect a L100 player's chance to succeed versus a L1100 player. It's a simple fact that a L1100 player can sit with several million gold on hand without much fear of being PvP'd; whereas, the L100 player with several million gold is almost sending up flares that say to PvP'ers "hit me - hit me".

Having potions available for gold/A-tokens on the Loyalty page, that works.

I hope you will reconsider, respectfully, Kath

We could just have them in the Loyalty page for this event and then see how it goes :D

#270 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2012 - 23:33

Should be great. Could you tell us how many kills will be counted according to what level each Doubler is?

I think the simplest way would be to make it the level of the global event potion would equate to the same level of the doubler potions - ie. a level 150 global event potion would count each kill as 4 (but would require a level 150 Doubler active too).

#271 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 23:54

I don't like the idea of having to use a doubler as well as a 'special global' potion. This is just begging for some to try and profit from the event. A global event only doubler potion would be better.

#272 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2012 - 00:14

with the global only potion, it should be the highest level potion is a potion you can make but is bound(So gold sink with no one making to much profit and so you have to make yourself) have a couple in the special AH that people have to fight over because they cant buy ingredients for the highest level and have like one or 2 that you can buy with loyalty so if you contribute to HCS you dont have to fight over one and you dont have to hope to successfully invent one after you spend all this gold on ingredients.

i fell like this would be a great idea if you had to have doubler on and it also has like another down side like conserve cant activate while its active(because that would just be to good)

#273 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 00:38

re: potions - thank you Hoofmaster for considering :)

#274 susanlee

susanlee

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 00:51

allow doubler.

by all means don't let doubled kills count for medal, though the idea of an individual medal in a community, global event still seems wrong to me.

i don't understand the point behind a global potion to enable the use of doubler, though reading the thread it seems that hoof really doesn't like the doubler idea but can see the 2-1 in favor of it and so has come up with a compromise of sorts. fine, I guess, though getting the enabler ought not to be difficult or require donations. they can be expensive I suppose, but make them easy to acquire.

#275 fs_reaper88

fs_reaper88
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:58

Never did the global event..Does is count only if in a guild?

#276 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:11

Never did the global event..Does is count only if in a guild?

Pretty sure it doesn't matter if you are in a guild or not, your kills should still count.

#277 2good4u222

2good4u222

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:19

Add a new creature (like you did with saurodon) but instead of gear drops, it drops the ingredients to find the Global doubler. If someone wants to sell these, go for it. But it makes it so everyone can obtain these potions and it isn't a profiteering race unless people don't want to waste stamina getting it.

#278 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:14

One other thing which we've not mentioned yet is the Top 3 contributors to the next event will be able to get an exclusive avatar for their character drawn by FORN (one of our artists who draws the creatures for the game :)). We'll give you more info on this when the event starts ;)

Must.. Must buy all the FSP to fuel a hunt worth first now. This is the only prize I need. :mrgreen:

Not even joking.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#279 alexlouis

alexlouis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:19

I think some potions should be available from the Loyalty page (for gold or Allegiance Tokens) and some of the higher levels ones should be available via the Special section of the Auction House (this should be an awesome gold sink ;))

The AH version favors higher level players that can hold more gold without being targets and is too short of an occurrence to have a lasting gold sink effect. Besides, all of the bidding will happen at the very last second and will cause havoc. :( One of the advantages of these potions was to expedite the process of killing for global quests... how does that happen when you have to sit around and wait for a potion that you have to outbid everyone else for while trying to get it at a fair price?

#280 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:45

The AH version favors higher level players that can hold more gold without being targets and is too short of an occurrence to have a lasting gold sink effect. Besides, all of the bidding will happen at the very last second and will cause havoc. :( One of the advantages of these potions was to expedite the process of killing for global quests... how does that happen when you have to sit around and wait for a potion that you have to outbid everyone else for while trying to get it at a fair price?

Because you dont always have to get outbid at the last second, all potions available via the special section of the auction house are also available via the potion bazaar shop as well.

Hey HOOF can you tell us if its gonna start today or tomorrow?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: