288 replies to this topic

#261 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:35

and you need to be crazy like arena ^_^ Progress might not come if you lose lots and just complain about your lose

True - I'm just offering my point of view where arena could appeal to more. If I am not mistaken, titan hunting didn't have TKP's in it's early incarnation... or maybe didn't have bonus tkp's... but at least you get something even if you lose.

#262 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 18:08

Gold tournies don't have decay, and some of them take more than a week to fill. How long will a tournie that has a price that does not even sell for 1 FSP and cost 200K gold take to fill without decay?

+1, yes...this is for those that think decay has slowed down arena...decay does not happen in gold tourneys...and they still take days and even up to 1 week to fill...combat  moves and some items drop to the lowest amount - 9 gold..and still do not fill for hours or days...showing that decay have nothing to do with arena being so slow...probelm is that there are very very few players even doing arena, and the prizes have lost thier value....that is what needs to be fixed..not the decay...but the amount of players doing arena and the values of the prizes won..fix those 2 things and maybe arena will flurish again..also get rid of 16 player tourneys..a major drag in the speed in which tourneys fill

#263 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:25

There only 8 +/- items which worth 5+ FSPs...That's the reason why Arena is so slow.

#264 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:43

Agree with all those pointing out that the cost of arena entry compared to the rewards and win ratio is not conducive to encouraging participation.  I'm not an arena player.  I've dabbled in it and had fun with it, but the rewards just didn't keep me motivated and it's a rich players play ground in many respects, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, so my thoughts are just based on my limited experience.

Low level players don't have the cash that higher players typically do just based on how much more gold one gets as you level.  Would it be a bad idea to give all players a 1-time after level 100 free arena play for say 50 arenas?  Would that encourage more folks to explore it and get exposure?  I say after L100 as have them be established in the game first perhaps?

The prizes need to have more value either on their own and to be valued not just within the arena, or for what can be done with it and many people here have proposed a lot of great ideas on how to accomplish that -- hats off to all the creative minds!

Arenas that are not dependent upon having all the moves help newer players have more opportunities to win, so having a healthy mix of them in the various level tiers is good.

Lots of great ideas throughout this thread, thus lots of future positive potential :)

#265 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:15

I have nearly 3000 arena wins and probably  30,000 arena losses. I am a mediocre arena player at best.  It has cost me millions in gold and hundreds if not more in FSP to play. But I have never complained nor am I here. The arena token idea is a great idea. New items as well. In the 8 man player plus arena tourneys .. maybe pay out a gold amount which is equal  to the join cost or a small % above. That would greatly minimize some losses. Still not sure this would increase interest in arena even paying out 2nd place. But I would like it :) as I am great at taking 2nd place!

Edited by bloody18, 24 February 2014 - 10:16.

#266 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 15:53

There only 8 +/- items which worth 5+ FSPs...That's the reason why Arena is so slow.

+1 exactly..if the crystal and quest items could actually be used to make great invents..things would be different..but the newest (2 years old) invents all need resources..that killed the invents..killed the value of crystal and quest items..yet nobodys seem to care to have this changed..those resource arenas are 16 players and take over a day if not 2 days to fill, and extremly hard to win.. making it nearly impossible to make any of the newest invents...make some new invents that only use crystal and quest items and maybe bring some value back to those prizes

Edited by yodamus, 24 February 2014 - 15:54.

#267 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:21

The new Dragons LEs bring up a new fresh of air in the Arena, I saw some people using them and winning, even low lvl players.

But we need:
- Arena Tokens.
- New Items/Resources/Gear/Potions/Frag Stashs/everything.
- Maybe even a new Combat Move, to make things interesting.
- 1st round random (usually a lot of guildies need to wait for someone else to join, to not face your guildmate on 1st round)
- Maybe even Loyalty Points as Arena Prizes (Why not?)

Anyway, 2+ years since none upgrade on this area, hope we can get new things for Arena and Ladder too.

#268 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:57

hope we can get new things for Arena and Ladder too.

I agree with you 100%. I think titans are good, hunting is good, caves could be looked into (and they are sometimes.) Mostly, Arena and the PVP ladder need some work. Perhaps and IRC chat regarding arena when your time allows, HCS?

#269 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 15:52

The new Dragons LEs bring up a new fresh of air in the Arena, I saw some people using them and winning, even low lvl players.

But we need:
- Arena Tokens.
- New Items/Resources/Gear/Potions/Frag Stashs/everything.
- Maybe even a new Combat Move, to make things interesting.
- 1st round random (usually a lot of guildies need to wait for someone else to join, to not face your guildmate on 1st round)
- Maybe even Loyalty Points as Arena Prizes (Why not?)

Anyway, 2+ years since none upgrade on this area, hope we can get new things for Arena and Ladder too.

+ a lot..i could not have said it better..now will the cows even see this post..please reply cows to this post..all this much needed,,sooner the better

#270 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 16:45

I'm not fan of more new moves... It will be complicated for newbie players.

But it's ok if lots of players interested for new moves

Maybe some moves combination of current moves

ie

x move (Increase Attack and Damage by 10% Same affect against any move) Similar to PA+SA combination of both.

x move (Reduce Opponent Defense And armor by 10% same affect against any move) Similar to Weaken Passive move but with 100% activation chance.

Edited by shindrak, 25 February 2014 - 16:47.

#271 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 21:35

Arena is Personal effort since you have to make setups not the guild :)

and you are using your own gold for entry fee...

Some guilds have arena gears in their GS just to attract people to join them if they want to take your effort from collecting "Arena tokens" by joining tons of tourneys then its bad guild.

Arena may seem like an individual effort, but Guilds are needed for gear, advice, and encouragement. Usually a Hunting set and PvP set are two very different sets. Add the Arena set, one is talking three very different sets. The Hunting vs. PvP is difficult enough. Even varying a few pieces means bp space.  What harm for potion to be Guild bound? Add extra Arena Token cost for Guild bound potions.

Yes, potions. The talk of Arena Gear has been going on for years and makes no sense. People don't play Arena are going to start playing because of Arena Gear ? Arena-only Gear ? What of bp space ?

Someone mention participation, what about an Arena Participation medal? Yes, some players try to "medal" in the game.

Arena Tokens should be awarded for participation. Join a tournament, get an Arena Token. Also, every win gets a token. The winner of tournament wins the gear, potion, or quest item in addition to the Arena Tokens. Limit the participation tokens to five a day to encourage winning.

Sounds bad ? Players who participate daily could gain more tokens than those who win weekly, but is not participation what we all are desiring ?  

Also, can those old items like "knotwork weave" be used for new things ?

my 2cents.

[Edit: I hope I did not kill this thread. ]

Edited by michael65, 02 March 2014 - 01:49.

#272 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 23:36

bump..still needs attention

#273 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 00:33

They are currently working on

Make Gold Upgrades Reset at Midnight (Server Time) (26th Feb 2014)

Does that take more than 1 week to do?

Edited by shindrak, 06 March 2014 - 00:33.

#274 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,828 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:50

Check the Dev Roadmap time frame before simply bumping in the future, ta. I do have this thread bookmarked for that time.

#275 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 16 March 2014 - 13:01

I joined the Arena at evry given opportunity of which i believed i had a fair chance and i do agree of  all the ideas being shared in here. And the way i looked at it, if and when this magnificient ideas will be put into ACTION, for sure it will entice a lot of players to joined and the agonizing time frame when an Arena combat will start will be minimize and in addition we'll be meeting other players which will add some sort of thrill :)

#276 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 16:55

Check the Dev Roadmap time frame before simply bumping in the future, ta. I do have this thread bookmarked for that time.

ok..i did not know that..but it also keeps getting bumped back in time..was feb 12, waited months for that date..then delays came, one month worth of delays, guild medals were 1 week ahead on feb 5th...they got done right after delay was over, yet arena got pushed back 3 months ? still wondering why this happened .. it now takes over 1 week for gold tourneys to start..some close to 2 weeks...i used to play when all arena ran within 6 hours of poping up to sign up...not 2 weeks...and decay has nothing to do with gold arena's...so decay is needed to be fixed...other items are down to 9 gold to start..low as it can go..again nobody signing up..so decay not the reason for not starting...we need players to join arena -  immediatly..not 2 more months down the road...been close to 2 years this thread..been frustrating watching this part of the game die..please fix arena as soon as possible...i see the date..but it keeps getting further away..been waiting patiently for a long time

#277 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,828 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:29

The dates are approximations. Occasionally, they need to be pushed back a bit. That's what happened. Additionally, the placement of the items in the roadmap were voted on by the Community. We are not gonna reshuffle things now.

#278 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 21:29

i hope you can see that 16 player tourneys need to cease to exist..another one at its lowest price 9 gold..and still needs many players to fill...only players that like 16 player tourneys are the arena masters..so few still play that now those cant get filled...decay is not the probelm...it is down to 9 gold..cant get any lower...no more 16 player tourneys for any reason...total waste of time...and slows down an already snails pace of arena...level 196 gold has been there for close to 2 weeks now..decay is not the probelm...players needed badly...

#279 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 20:56

zorg...bg..somebody needs to read this thread again...what we have now is not even close to what this thread was about...please read this thread again...thx

#280 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 22:36

zorg...bg..somebody needs to read this thread again...what we have now is not even close to what this thread was about...please read this thread again...thx

+1

That thread was to prize players for reaching finals/semi-finals, even loosing, and only a FEW Arenas would be for Tokens.

Now it's all about Tokens, that way the pros still winning alone, no one will be encouraged to join, and the prices will go even lower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: