327 replies to this topic

#281 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:26

I have a few points to make - at least 1 of which I have not seen made elsewhere:

1) the upper limit for the community as a whole should be challenging 0 HCS should set it wherever they want and we should try or fail to reach it.

2) the individual requirement is another story, however. There are people - even many actually in a guild - who do not have the stamina or stamina gain necessary to make the maximum. 25000 is an exceedingly high number for those players and often they will be the newer players who HCS seems to want to encourage.

3) Of the people who cannot make the 25000, some are not going to even try, if I am reading the tea leaves correctly. Others will get what they can get and take their lesser reward - although looking at the reward, I wouldn't if I were in their shoes.

I do not understand why the potions level up in power - why not make the reward the same but you get more of them at higher levels of participation? That way a player who can only get the lowest level gets 1 chest, next is 2 chest next is 3 chests and so on. Stop at 4 levels or go to as many as 5 chests.

4) Finally there is an issue with what the rewards are, at least to some players. A few have said they won't even try because they already have enough of what is being offered. Suppose you gave out 1,2,3,4 for levels 1,2,3,4 but then let everyone who reaches level 5 choose from a variety of potions - maybe even (almost) all of the potions you have ever had in the game.

That may be too difficult to manage but it would allow everyone to obtain a suitable reward in my view.

#282 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:32

Hi Cows first I want to say nice work on all the different events :D This may have already been covered I have not had a chance to read all 19 pages on this topic. Don't you think 25,000 kills for the ruby chests is a little much. Guild members are giving up on it because with only 1000 stamina they have no way of achieving this goal. Is there any way it can get lowered??

Thanks

2320275.png

#283 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:43

Im currently on 10k kills and all out of stam again. Im not restricting free buffage to guild mates or friends as I never do - but that's my choice so my own fault if I fall short of the stam required to make the top prize.

Im pretty sure I can hit the crystal tier - 18k kills, and even if I only make the one before they're still some pretty useful buffs. I would expect that anyone bored of the potions because they have enough of that type already is only using them for levelling. The pvp version of the top 3 potions are all very useful, for general pvp, competitive GvG purposes or simply pushing your stats up through the roof to defend a relic against a much larger guild. All things that are fun, and that could burn up a few of those epic potions on a daily basis

I do agree that people losing motivation to persevere with the event is not a good thing, but we do have nearly 5 days left on it. I just added 4.4k to my kill total by burning 2200 stam (in sphynx lair, they're all in groups of 4-8 and there are no non event critters there) at that rate burning 2k stam per day over the whole 7 days would net about 30k kills. So it's only going to be buffing that will prevent me from reaching 25, and even for someone with average stam gain, in a guild with a level 3 endurance shrine 25k kills is possible. As long as they find a good area and are able to get LF and Const etc

At a rate of 2k kills per 1k stam - what I have been averaging, it would require 1800 stam per day to hit 25K, Basic totally unupgraded stam gain in a guild with Endur x 3 is 1560 per day. Hopefully anyone with low gain saved up at least a couple of thousand before the event started, and if they didn't it's not really the event's fault. Also plenty of guilds have ample javelins and earth hammers etc lying around that low upgrade members can use to boost their daily gain. All in all it's something that's possible, but only at a stretch for an average player -which is the way it should be

#284 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:48

(in sphynx lair, they're all in groups of 4-8 and there are no non event critters there)

That's where I hunt. 2 Days of stam and a whack of reserve stam has net me 31,569 kills.

#285 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:50

Yeah, I've walked past you about 50 times in the last hour :lol:

#286 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:55

Yeah, I've walked past you about 50 times in the last hour :lol:

Yeah, taking an extended break at the mo. :wink:

#287 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:57

the amount for the ruby chest I think is even more doable then before now being 50K for FS global kills, not that couldn't be done at 75K. an past global events have been shorter then this one an cows even added another day to it due to issues on 1st day. I do believe the prior global events were like 3days to do it an some were no warning they were coming, with this one FS had a day warning, may not been much but is more then no warning then add to that get twice as many days to do it.

I gotten about 50% so far but I had some past event quest to do so wasn't able to put all my stam towards global count but gonna be putting more as soon as I get max'ed again an get what I can more before it ends. not just gonna do the min amount for ruby an then stop and I got no chance at top global prize but gonna do what I can to help get the ruby global chest won.

alot of nice aspects on this event other then the hassle of lag an database crash very early into it but as it has gone on has gotten alot better.

#288 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 November 2012 - 20:30

Can someone please tell me what the heck zombie gloop is for?

#289 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2012 - 20:35

Absolutely nothing else than to frustrate you if you're one of us with OCD and have to delete every single piece to find peace, it's just to annoy you (I think it how HCS tells us they like us, shop ran out of flowers)

#290 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 20:38

Absolutely nothing else than to frustrate you if you're one of us with OCD and have to delete every single piece to find peace, it's just to annoy you (I think it how HCS tells us they like us, shop ran out of flowers)

Yup...that's what I thought.

*items deleted*

#291 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 21:11

Yup...that's what I thought.

*items deleted*

Two treats in the coffen, one trick. ;)

#292 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:06

OH!! and HOOF AND BG!! you would make my day if you added a way to upgrade the Spook Smasher set to our VLs!!

i am a big ghost busters fan and would love to be able to keep and use this!! :)

Hoof and/or BigGrim, any chance of this??

Fun event in any case though. :mrgreen:

maybe if i say PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! :) :P

also thanks for the support Dakkon :)

it would give people more of a reason to hang onto it for a while

#293 fs_aengus

fs_aengus
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 15:09

May I please have some help. I am at the Mountain Path and the area is all black. I can not move using mouse or keyboard. What do I need to do to progress? Thanks.

#294 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2012 - 15:12

Hey.

What browser are you using? Is it up to date? Is this the same in the new map and the Classic map? Where about are you in the world?

~ Grim

#295 fs_aengus

fs_aengus
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 15:17

I am using Safari on OS X. All the latest. Salt Lake City Utah USA. Thanks. I was hunting the GE, the ported to Krul Isle. All I can do is go to and from the world area.

#296 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2012 - 15:43

I am using Safari on OS X. All the latest. Salt Lake City Utah USA. Thanks. I was hunting the GE, the ported to Krul Isle. All I can do is go to and from the world area.

Were you hunting normally before the teleport? Have you been to the Mountain Path since the Global went live? Try the ol' clearing of your cache and cookies and get back to me please!

#297 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2012 - 16:35

Is there anyway to see how many actual creature kills this event has had? I know that some of the critters provide 2 or 5 per defeat, so the number that we see on the map is not an actual reflection of total critters.

I was just curious to see how we are doing versus past events to make a comparison -- to see if we are higher/lower/same.

Just curious. :roll:

#298 fs_aengus

fs_aengus
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 23:50

Yes I was hunting normally. Now I am trapped.

#299 fs_aengus

fs_aengus
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:30

The problem finally cleared up. That is good.

#300 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:51

While I can understand to force a higher participation by a higher kill amount for the bigger prices, I do think 25000 is way to much. Not because it cannot be done, but it is just to boring to have to kill 25000 mobs. I am nearly there, but I have a hard time enjoying it.
Perhaps you guys can think of a way to make it a bit more interesting than just mindless keyboard punching. :(

I do like the way the event was setup though, and do apreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: