Photo

Development Roadmap (Updated 7th Mar 2014)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
321 replies to this topic

#281 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:15

With it already being available to those who use the script it's only fair to give it to the general public

#282 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 19:15

It would be great if we could get some of the items on the list bunched together! Maybe like adding that guild conflict structure into the mix now while the new players are getting exempt from the guild conflicts?

#283 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 April 2014 - 00:25

With it already being available to those who use the script it's only fair to give it to the general public

Well right now -- it's is available to the general public - just use FSH.

But again -- handing everything on a silver platter just isn't a game positive. Easy win = little challenge = disinterest.

#284 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:00

I dont have a desktop/laptop so i cant.. Nor would i.

Plus i dont think giving gold amounts on hand is going disinterest anyone ;) more the opposite

Edited by RebornJedi, 18 April 2014 - 03:56.

#285 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:56

I'm all in favour of the cows now banning the FSH and, by default, ALL scripts ...

Most of the outstanding facilities offered by the FSH can be added in due course, but all players managed without it beforehand and can manage without it now.

Removing this and all scripts gives the cows an easier way to detect if players are running custom scripts and thus treat them accordingly ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#286 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 16:36

I'm all in favour of the cows now banning the FSH and, by default, ALL scripts ...

Most of the outstanding facilities offered by the FSH can be added in due course, but all players managed without it beforehand and can manage without it now.

Removing this and all scripts gives the cows an easier way to detect if players are running custom scripts and thus treat them accordingly ...

+1, something needs to be done with the scripts..hurting the game

#287 luuutz

luuutz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:09

I use the "Auto Open Fragment Stashes"-flag and during my last hunt I got morge than 28 pages full of

"You gained # x Common Fragments by auto-opening the Fragment Stash dropped by 'Elemental Wraith (Global)'."

A flag to deactivate these notes would be very great since there might be PMs getting lost pretty easy.

#288 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 15:23

Just an observation: (maybe just a "tiny" bit ranty too...)  It's all in the presentation, in all aspects of the game, with the exception of going hunting.  I just discovered the arena after 5 years on the game. And lets give credit to Yodamus for that, as he very patiently explained the mechanics to me.  Now, the arena may have faults, but I haven't found them yet, of course ONE win doesn't mean I'm an expert, but it seems to me that I was able to start out with a minimum of pain. YET, there is no good tutorial to start out players on the arena, and I'm not really sure what the shops in the arena structure back on the Mountain Path do. Yes , I can (and will) go to wiki to find out, but that's really doing it the hard way.  If going hunting was as difficult as finding out how to basically do the arena, I wouldn't be here five years later.

(pushes soapbox away)

Anyway, what we need to do is push the various aspects of the game, so that beginners, and new players understand it easily, probably written by players who are really into said aspect.  For example, BraveKath would be a good one to explain PvP, and she's just one example.  Some innovative advertising is what we need, and it WILL work.  Think of the gamers out there that haven't discovered FS.  Just look at some of the games that are available in the video rewards section,  those things are presented really poorly, and WE get paid to look at them!  (along with a small grain bag for the Cows...)  I'm willing to bet there are some advertising types playing the game that would give a free hint or two to help in a FS Ad.  The FS trailer at the beginning of the sign-on page is pretty, but it really doesn't really tell about the game.

Oh yeah, back to the subject.....doing good on the list, no complaints there at all....alfalfa cubes to all the crew  :)

•  

#289 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 April 2014 - 15:46

Too bad the damage has been done with most scripters. Raking in the 5-digit plus on Titans to pad stats and guilds with no consequences when everyone else or at least overwhelming majority played legit.... Strange how fast some guilds move up the rankings... I really fail to see how removing FSH and banning all scripts changes anything. If no one has evidence to prove anything HCS usually says theres no reason to bother.

Multi accounts is more of an issue of scripting at this point with the mass profiting off titans via scripting (and gaming TKP system during holidays) having taken it's toll. We've had multiple people cite very specific players of being multi account users.

EDIT: As to getting back on topic....totally forgot what I was going to post about...

Regarding the Guild Chat.... Can we have a chat history going back 72 hours to ensure Guild leadership can see what is said in guild chat in case something comes up?

Edited by Gutie, 23 April 2014 - 15:49.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#290 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 30 April 2014 - 21:51

GvG needs attention - simple moves can improve it so very much, and I see no harm in trying something that isn't a complete alteration of GvG as we know it now. 

How do you start - quarterly resets.  Every 3 months reset top rated list.  Why; because the top is stagnant, and upcoming guilds so far from getting close - it's downright discouraging.  

Reward the top at each reset; nothing fancy - just a little boost of RP to the tops - further increases incentive to compete.  GvGers are very proud, and little incentive is needed imo. 

1st - 300 RP

2nd- 200 RP

3rd- 150 RP

4th & 5th - 100 RP

6th-10th- 75 RP

11th-25th- 50 RP

Don't go introducing more gear to be made with RP - want to include some updated buff packs that are with the times = great (buff packs that support the fields from which the currency to buy them is spawned would be an amazing revelation - titan hunting + GvG friendly packs) - but don't overdo it on the rewards. 

New guild medals in same light of ones recently introduced to recognize outstanding achievement on guild scale would be nice perk too..they can in themseves do something small like the current "
Guild Achievements " do - can represent few different catagories - top dogs, top 5, etc. 

I think this is good base idea to try.  There is no harm that can come of it in my opinion.  I believe it will create a new buzz in game; and many would be shocked at what doing a little can bring to a dying field. 

Thanks for reading; feedback, suggestions, etc ~ Rye

100% love that kind of Idea...well spoken!!

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#291 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:01

Given I know that .php is a pain in the neck to mess arond with, I don't mean to be pushy on things, but I was curious (ballpark) how far/close we are to the two currently being developed items?

Again I do want to reiterate that if it would be possible to have a ability to see the older chat messages back say 72 hours or so... It'd be a huge boost over the main global chat system. :o

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#292 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2014 - 14:08

Given I know that .php is a pain in the neck to mess arond with, I don't mean to be pushy on things, but I was curious (ballpark) how far/close we are to the two currently being developed items?

Again I do want to reiterate that if it would be possible to have a ability to see the older chat messages back say 72 hours or so... It'd be a huge boost over the main global chat system. :o

Aiming to have the two items currently in progress on the list completed within the next couple of weeks. Note the guild chat history will go back some time and we can look at also extending the chat one too :)

#293 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 22:01

It would be great if we could get some of the items on the list bunched together! Maybe like adding that guild conflict structure into the mix now while the new players are getting exempt from the guild conflicts?

I just hope it is " new " players and not everyone under a certain level.

Cheers.

wil72

#294 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 15:04

nothing has changed in this thread for many days...are these dates still correct ? is anything on this list really getting worked on...has not been updated for a long time...is arena really going to get its fix on may 12...is pvp going to get its fix on may 17th. ??..players have been waiting a long time for these improvements..would like some answers..thanks

#295 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:39

The following areas are now behind schedule can we have a Sitrep on these please:

Improve Guild Chat (13th Apr 2014)

Add New Unique Items and Medals to Guild Conflict (23rd Apr 2014)
Improve Quick Buff (30th Apr 2014)
Arena Improvements (12th May 2014)

I appreciate you have stated these are estimated finish dates but I have not seen any sign of cow activity on this thread for a long time. A simple acknowledgement and update would be good.

thanks

Davros

#296 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:53

Aiming to have the improved guild chat live either today or tomorrow (worst case early next week!)

#297 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:41

Add New Unique Items and Medals to Guild Conflict (23rd Apr 2014)
Improve Quick Buff (30th Apr 2014)

these 2 are the ones that interest me the most..,...and seem to keep getting pushed back further and further....

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#298 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2014 - 15:02

Aiming to have the improved guild chat live either today or tomorrow (worst case early next week!)

Thanks for the update Hoof, much appreciated

#299 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2014 - 15:55

Improvements to the guild chat are now live :)

• Rek likes this

#300 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 16:03

Add Top Rated Section for Titan Hunters and Super-Elite Slayer (6th Jun 2014)

Very anxious to see this live!

Keep up the new updates and active new content coming!

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: