454 replies to this topic

#281 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 17:20

Just changed the arena daily quests so they are now for joining arenas instead of winning them :)

glad to see that..but i really wish you would have noticed how dead arena is..and why players dont play arena - too little to join, too long to start ..prizes are worthless..how about dealing with that issue..winning arena for quests would have been impossible for many..would have had nothing to join to try to win..or it would take hrs or days to start..and your new idea..just entering in them..will not help arena either..as those new to arena will see how slow it is..how hard it is to win..and that the prizes are worthless , unless you can play a lot and win a lot for those few potions that have value..

#282 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,826 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 September 2016 - 17:25

Stay on topic please. Daily Quests.

#283 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 17:26

totally agree with most..- quest hunter should not work for dq's ..make it a challenge..for those complaining about amount of stam used vs reward...quit trying to play the perfect game..waste stam..like i do..it is fun..it is just stam..it comes back...players use stam in the game anyway..so with the dailys you get a bonus for using your stam..

#284 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 19:42

If you're looking for more "gold sinks," what if you offered the option to "purchase an additional Daily Quest beyond the original one offered each day.  There could be a limit of three total per day.

Def, like that idea. Especially since, as it stands, will take us more than 2.7 years completing one a day to get Diamond.

I tried this out when I had a move 400 quest, and it worked fine. The DQ counter kept increasing every move---whether or not my stam decreased.

Thanks for the input row. Yes, my DQ counter also increased. Then when I went to "Collect"... it got reset. 

Def not sure if that's the issue. Will research a bit more. Thank you.

On the whole QH question:

"Quest Hunter At skill level 50+ grants 2x the kills towards quest requirements.. At level 100+ 3x, and at level 150+ 4x."

The buff was created for a reason. Based on the skill description above, I have a really difficult time rationalizing why it is NOT working with these.

If the Cows opt to go with counter-logic, that's fine. They will need to change skill descriptions and will hopefully advertise the changes in game. Me, I don't like to waste stam on a buff that is dysfunctional and only serves to kick down percentage with Reckoning hits it. 

#285 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 19:56

@egami

Simple. Change the description by adding "(does not work with daily quests.)"

Some of the gvg/pvp buffs have them in the description but not all.

#286 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 20:15

sorry bg..but my arena rant in on the topic daily quests..it is doing no good to have them for arena..asking someone to win one..crazy..nearly impossible as arena is setup now for a low level player...having them just join arena..defeating the purpose, they will join naked..not helping anything....if trying to get more activity..they will join to do the daily quest..see how hard it is to join one (if they are low level) ..then they will see that it takes many hours,  sometimes days (up to 6 days ) to start..this is going to turn them off even more..not helping arena with these daily quests..

#287 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 20:48

I'm not sure it is true of all elites, but I have recently hunted in a realm where 2 spawned every 10 minutes, on the 10 minutes (hour, 10 past, 20 past ...). Once i realised that, I would just go for a walk every 10 minutes and stop once I'd killed 2 of them. I'm not sure whether Varas has something similar, or whether it is just too big and with two many other competing with you.

Girath's Den might be a better one. Just under 60 tiles to walk to, but only 11 tiles once you are there. Ramdahl Caves 5 is also pretty small once you get there.

Not sure what you mean.

I would not have done it if I had to wait every 10 min..

I was able to do it in an hour or less. I could have probably done it faster if I had a laptop. I used the new map with footprints, while on my phone. Killed 43 Elites my first time around the map. After my second trip around I had almost 90 killed. Finished on my third go around. Not counting the stam to get back, I only burnt 840 Stam. I thought it was easy enough.

#288 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 21:40

Not sure what you mean.

I would not have done it if I had to wait every 10 min..

I was able to do it in an hour or less. I could have probably done it faster if I had a laptop. I used the new map with footprints, while on my phone. Killed 43 Elites my first time around the map. After my second trip around I had almost 90 killed. Finished on my third go around. Not counting the stam to get back, I only burnt 840 Stam. I thought it was easy enough.

It depends on the map. As BG confirmed, Varas has 2 elites and one has 15 of them roaming while the other has only a pair. When I was farming high level elite gear, it took a long time as only a pair showed up on the entire map and only respawned every 10 minutes or so. I finished up my quest in Varas and finished very quickly.

#289 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2016 - 21:58

Relic capture DQ's would be problematic for anyone not in a guild, or in one with less than three people...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#290 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 23:21

Relic capture DQ's would be problematic for anyone not in a guild, or in one with less than three people...

What about the mercenaries? Is it possible to use them to capture a relic? I always wanted to do that but gave up to avoid some retaliation... I would like to know how capturing relic is and what happens after that.

DQ is a good opportunity to do things I never did before. Maybe the mechanism could be changed to "see" what a player does in a frequent basis and force him to do things never done before. HCS already has this info as it is in our LOG.

Cheers!

dilbert-input.png?resize=538%2C241

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#291 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2016 - 23:53

Unfortunately Mercenaries cannot be used to capture a relic.

I would be extremely happy if they were, but for balance reasons HCS decided they cannot be used.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#292 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2016 - 00:30

What about the mercenaries? Is it possible to use them to capture a relic? I always wanted to do that but gave up to avoid some retaliation... I would like to know how capturing relic is and what happens after that.

DQ is a good opportunity to do things I never did before. Maybe the mechanism could be changed to "see" what a player does in a frequent basis and force him to do things never done before. HCS already has this info as it is in our LOG.

Cheers!

Note that Mercenaries do not assist during relic captures. ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#293 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2016 - 00:54

Didn't I just say that? ¬_¬

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#294 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:20

Got the PvP one today. 1,2,3, and 45 allegiance tokens and 30 prestige to boot.... Guess I'll be wearing erosion the next couple of days for the lulz....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#295 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:09

Didn't I just say that? ¬_¬

There's a delay here, or an echo - your post only came up whilst I was doing mine, despite the time-stamp being quite different LOL

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#296 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:52

"blah"

Exchange basis... Don't forget about the time/effort. That's the most important part. Most all of the people that know a thing or two about FS know that these daily rewards won't add up to anything hardly. Let's just say i get +6 max stam quest every day and finish it every single day. Investment/effort/time aside i got 2550 stamina in 365 days of work. YIPPEEEEE, virtually nothing. And it always isn't gonna work out like that you are gonna get even worse rewards then that. See my point now? Anyways, they are either way too long or way too short. Rewards were, idk if they still are, because i'm not paying attention anymore crap. 

They ought to just reward raw FSP's like they were originally supposed to so i and other's can choose where to place them. Will certainty help the market out as well because we all know how crappy that's been for years. That was the whole reason why i looked forward too daily quests... 

Edited by BigGrim, 07 September 2016 - 08:20.
No swearing please.

#297 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:40

Exchange basis... Don't forget about the time/effort. That's the most important part. Most all of the people that know a thing or two about FS know that these daily rewards won't add up to anything hardly. Let's just say i get +6 max stam quest every day and finish it every single day. Investment/effort/time aside i got 2550 stamina in 365 days of work. YIPPEEEEE, virtually nothing. And it always isn't gonna work out like that you are gonna get even worse rewards then that. See my point now? Anyways, they are either way too damn long or way too damn short. Rewards were, idk if they still are, because i'm not paying attention anymore crap. 

They ought to just reward raw FSP's like they were originally supposed to so i and other's can choose where to place them. Will certainty help the market out as well because we all know how crappy that's been for years. That was the whole reason why i looked forward too daily quests...

Exactly what would make you happy?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#298 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:43

Exactly what would make you happy?

It's all about benefiting the game. As it stands this isn't adding anything of real worth to the game. Great idea...Great concept. Just implemented very poor.

Edited by EpicPiety, 07 September 2016 - 04:43.

#299 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:16

At my level and with what I'm building and have spent in the past, my stam and those loyalty tokens, I am happy being able to boost those two areas an extra few times a week.

Perhaps another hobby would help out, I play another game while waiting on  stam and whatever else happens.  :)  (DQ)

Don't give up,  there is something out for you, just waiting for you to find it. :)

#300 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 14:36

i got the pvp one today...did my 3 hits..for +7 max stamina. ( i dont mind any of the rewards that are max stamina, rewards for current stam tho have to go..) ) ..got 30 prestige and small amount of gold..will all be worth it as long as i dont lose 5 levels on the bb..that would ruin any of the pvp daily quests..keep tweaking hoof..so far i like what i see.. plenty of room for improvement, that is a good thing..keep up the good work hoof and bg (saw bg in an arena, very good..bg needs to play arena more..so do you hoof..)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: