Photo

please extend pvp attack range

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
325 replies to this topic

Poll: should the pvp range be extended (130 member(s) have cast votes)

should the pvp range be extended

1. no (79 votes [60.77%])

Percentage of vote: 60.77%

2. yes (51 votes [39.23%])

Percentage of vote: 39.23%

Vote

#301 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 19:53

After getting these nasty PMs from those I hit, I usually engage in some cunning linguistics, similar to the ones I write after someone asks me for some free buffs.

DP

I love linguistics! Especially in a sweet chilli sauce :P

Cheers.

wil72

#302 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 February 2015 - 20:51

why not do that here then why have a search list to hit people make it to were you have to find them on a square that way there is total randomness to pvp

Umm, no.  SS2 phaled miserably, and tbh, I never found that style of PvP fun.  Legacy, yeah, you take each other out in the wasteland, and have to be on the same square.  But both are battling, and it comes down to who the RNG favors at times. It's not a 1 hit and you (or they) are down thing.  You got to keep hitting while you're being hit.  And usually, you are way outclassed, but you keep going. Go big or stay home :P   A PvP zone like that?  Yeah, I would love it tremendously, but this is FS, not Legacy, (and thank God not SS2)  This is our PvP system, flaws and all.... So, we gotta work with that.  Shouldn't it be sorta fair for all?  

Really, are those additional levels I may be able to attack that afraid of me?  I can believe that I may annoy some people, but, really folks, I'm just not all that scary, and I don't really think anybody else is either.  It's a game, let's treat it as such..... People are taking themselves way too seriously (probably even me...)

Edited by BadPenny, 20 February 2015 - 20:52.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#303 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 22:22

Why do you think SS2 never became popular and died?

Well, getting content so slowly that, even without having upgraded my character, I spent ages twiddling my thumbs at EOC all the way to about level 350 certainly didn't help.

#304 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 22:52

Guys, guys, let's not dig up SS2 out of the graveyard... Last 3 times I logged in, it was a ghost town.  I was the only one there.  It was way spooky, so I left.  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#305 Skiritai

Skiritai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 00:02

I wish to address the PvP Prestige and levelors.  I am a leveler and I have 126 points. I have NEVER hit another player in this game. NEVER.  I have been hit by players that pointed out my prestige and said I must have hit someone to get it.   Prestige is awarded to the winner of the battle. It is not relevent  who the attacker was. I  got my prestige by the attacker dying and me living. 

Do I want the level range increased for PvP players. NO.. I don't. Yes it is part of the game, I accept that.  It has been my experience that some players do not like the bounty board, (Nasty private messages) told me that. lol

There is already a place to hunt players 100 levels either side of yours, it's called the PvP ladder.  

There is a place to test your strength against other players, it's called the Arena. 

The part gold thiefs do not like is that neither of those places have a whole lot of gold on hand to steal.   lol Ah well.

There is a place to steal gold from unweary players, it's called the Bounty Board.

This is not a PvP game as I have been told many, many times.  PvP is only one part of this game and it's split into four different sections. Arena, ladder, BB, and free strikes off the list of names.

Then there is GEs, Titan hunting, SE hunting, Questing, Special events, Relic taking/controlling, and Leveling.  (I've missed something, I know it)

Every player can take part of every facit of the game if they wish. 

I have seen in many guild bios and recruitment spiels: Come, join our guild and play the game the way you want.

There is one part of the game that a true leveler/explorer is forced to take part in whether they want it or not and that is PvP.

Our only recourse is to ignore and flush the toilet quietly on our gold/experience loss, (then go back to playing), bounty the hitter, ( and ignore the nasty messages)  or hit back and maybe land on the BB (yuck,yuck,yuck).

Now having said all that, one of the few and I do mean few PvP players that I am aware of that has an excellent reputation is none other than:

Badpenny herself. lol

Wonder if I'll get hit some myself, because there are people in this game that I do not care for at all and have gone out of my way to avoid.   But I don't PvP and can say in honesty that my chi is grounded in a different place.  I have nothing left to prove to anyone. I know who I am, what I am, and where I'm going. I'm just trying to enjoy the trip as much as I can.

#306 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 00:05

I wish to address the PvP Prestige and levelors.  I am a leveler and I have 126 points. I have NEVER hit another player in this game. NEVER.  I have been hit by players that pointed out my prestige and said I must have hit someone to get it.   Prestige is awarded to the winner of the battle. It is not relevent  who the attacker was. I  got my prestige by the attacker dying and me living. 

[stuff]

No, it is not.  Prestige is given only to the attacker, if I lose, nobody gets the points.   

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#307 Skiritai

Skiritai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 00:20

Not being a PvP player with knowledge any different than I've stated, I have submitted a ticket of querry about that.

#308 Alioth1

Alioth1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 00:54

there is always Habbo Hotel or Club Penguin 

DP

I thought the promotion of alternative gaming companies/businesses was not allowed? 

#309 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 00:59

I thought the promotion of alternative gaming companies/businesses was not allowed? 

So, no "My Little Pony" references either?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#310 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:19

Non stop nit picking. Relax and enjoy life man.

DP
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#311 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:37

DP, we could always make up a game, like say, "The Invincible Fluffy"

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#312 HeatSink

HeatSink

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:41

No! No! No! Don't care for PvP myself. 

#313 Alioth1

Alioth1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:18

Non stop nit picking. Relax and enjoy life man.

DP

It was said in good humored jest...I wasn't being pedantic or acrimonious.....Sometimes my humor is misconceived =)

#314 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:30

I love it! I think I have figured out the problem. This is exactly how it starts. Dear poster, please send a ticket so you can add to the workload of HCS and they can explain the facts. Guess what? You started PvPing and amazingly you lived through it, albeit surprised. This is the crux of the problem. There is no emphasis on PvPing when you start the game, although it's a major component of the game WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT! None whatsoever. A new player has to learn to PvP somewhat like an adolescent learns the birds and the bees - trial and error. I never went through the New Player Tutorial but I would be willing to bet there isn't word one about PvP attacks, not one!

I will argue that the blame rests solely, not with players who are PvPing, but with the devs for not fully informing new players of what to expect when they begin. This can't be too hard. As a result PvP averse players are always complaining and complaining to no end. I am innocent of the repeated offensive accusations. I need to start threatening to not donate or quit the game, and even rally others that play like I do to do the same!! tongue.png

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#315 mimdala

mimdala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:11

A new player has to learn to PvP somewhat like an adolescent learns the birds and the bees - trial and error.

Aahh so many jokes, so little time! :P

But seriously, good point, never seen it that way. There really is no intro to pvp in the game, which does seem to be an oversight, and is perhaps one of a few reasons for the development of anti-pvp sentiments.

mimdala_zps719aa5bc.png

#316 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:45

Aahh so many jokes, so little time! :P

But seriously, good point, never seen it that way. There really is no intro to pvp in the game, which does seem to be an oversight, and is perhaps one of a few reasons for the development of anti-pvp sentiments.

Well, I've had more than a few come to me, and I pass down what I have learned from those who went before me....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#317 Skiritai

Skiritai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 23:00

Before I sent the ticket, I had spent some time reading and asking questions, along with watching. I found nothing anywhere to tell me  the finer points of PvP, (if I had, I would not have posted the comment about prestige worded the way it was) of course I really did not care about it, still don't.  Wonder if the  2% rule applies to this part of the game as it seems to in other parts fo the game.  Time will tell, I guess.

I have never at any time, taken part in the free hit PvP aspect of this game accept as a target. I have taken a few bounties at the request of my founder at that time, that being when I was in the Dream Weaver guild. (2010 - 2011) I have no interest in that part of the game either, never will. I understand how some people enjoy that, and wish they could accept my non enjoyment of it as easily as I accept their views.

I have learned that prestige is also gained from bounties, I did not know that.   Thank you, Mzzery, for sharing your knowledge without putting me on ignore right after answering like another did. lol

I have no interest in the Arena, the Ladder, the Bounty Board, GvG or PvP.  If it's killing people in a game I'm not interested in it.  I'll leave that comment as it is.  I am still learning.

This thread was started by a PvPer wanting an increase in the level range that PvPers could attack other players, not by a NON PvPer griping about PvP. LOL  I really don't want that change implemented though.  I think that with the Arena, the Ladder, the Bounty Board, GvG and PvP the way it is, is just fine, thank you.  

I have from time to time been the target of a vindictive player, they leveled up or didn't stay long and for that I'm thankful.  There will be other players like that from time to time, I accept that too.

#318 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 23:12

i still say there are a ton of bullies and cowards....   just my 2 cents :)   Cheers!

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#319 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:26

i still say there are a ton of bullies and cowards....   just my 2 cents :)   Cheers!

Are you back to drinking and posting?

https://forums.hunte...ad/#entry918491

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#320 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:20

Are you back to drinking and posting?

https://forums.hunte...ad/#entry918491

Ahh...No.....What makes you say that Lou??  Was just giving my "2 cents"...  I didn't say anything wrong..... :)  Cheers!

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: