Photo

Upcoming additions.

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event total? (428 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event total?

1. Voted Yes! (280 votes [65.42%])

Percentage of vote: 65.42%

2. Voted No! (148 votes [34.58%])

Percentage of vote: 34.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#301 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 00:40

I agree it is a bit complicated.

Just make it a cursed form of doubler to negate unbreakable and sink some extra gold for the event.

We could tweak it so that it doesn't rely on Doubler, but instead of applying a multiplier to xp and gold, it will just apply it to the event contribution (and still multiply the stamina used in the same way Doubler works) - do you think that would make it less complicated? :)

Sounds Great to me, the cursed part was just an idea to sink more gold as well.

Thanks for listening to everyone and hopefully making this event great! :)

#302 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 00:53

]

Stopping at 4000 means that there's less of a chance of the Community getting Ruby, thus you'll only get what the Community gets. Hopefully, this will result in loads of players actually pushing for Ruby Tier for the Community!

The limitation to this is Players who wish to do the minimum will just sit and wait till the last day and then do the kills they believe they need ,for what it looks like the rest of the community will attain.
And the use of a Global potion will make this easier to do...ie: it will require less time.

#303 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:06

Just make it a cursed form of doubler to negate unbreakable and sink some extra gold for the event.

We could tweak it so that it doesn't rely on Doubler, but instead of applying a multiplier to xp and gold, it will just apply it to the event contribution (and still multiply the stamina used in the same way Doubler works) - do you think that would make it less complicated? :)

Yes! That would be perfect :)

#304 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:07

If you guys were really going to release a Global Event only potion for Doubler, why not set-up a "secondary" Potion Bazaar? One that can only be used during Global Quests to buy specific types of potions. You could make it a set amount of gold, along with fixate possibly different variations on the doubler. In this concept, it keeps it out of the Special section of the AH so people don't have to compete and feel left out. I mean, it sounds like a good idea on paper. Any thoughts on this, Hoof/Grim?

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#305 MGH HiddnNinja

MGH HiddnNinja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:18

If you guys were really going to release a Global Event only potion for Doubler, why not set-up a "secondary" Potion Bazaar? One that can only be used during Global Quests to buy specific types of potions. You could make it a set amount of gold, along with fixate possibly different variations on the doubler. In this concept, it keeps it out of the Special section of the AH so people don't have to compete and feel left out. I mean, it sounds like a good idea on paper. Any thoughts on this, Hoof/Grim?

They said there would be some in the loyalty points page. But to sink some more gold don't make those cheap! take the doubler level times 2k - even10k! ie: doubler 150 in loyalty costs 300k! doubler 500 will cost 1 mil :) If the community wants to help do a community event we should be offering to buy each other potions not fight over them! let's get this ruby tier this time guys(and girls)!

#306 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:22

They said there would be some in the loyalty points page. But to sink some more gold don't make those cheap! take the doubler level times 2k - even10k! ie: doubler 150 in loyalty costs 300k! doubler 500 will cost 1 mil :) If the community wants to help do a community event we should be offering to buy each other potions not fight over them! let's get this ruby tier this time guys(and girls)!

The event is supposed to be available to all to do -- over pricing the event doubler will put it out of reach of the newer / lower level players.

#307 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:31

The event is supposed to be available to all to do -- over pricing the event doubler will put it out of reach of the newer / lower level players.

That's why I said they should be a set amount, one that everyone could reach.

#308 MGH HiddnNinja

MGH HiddnNinja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:32

If the community wants to help do a community event we should be offering to buy each other potions not fight over them! let's get this ruby tier this time guys(and girls)!

it's not over pricing! :) if people have 500-1k stam they really shouldn't need the pot...people have burned thousands of stam without it...this pot is for people with more stam wanting to help the community! if you can afford to have 4k+ max stam you should be able to afford a level 500 doubler at that price

#309 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:53

If the community wants to help do a community event we should be offering to buy each other potions not fight over them! let's get this ruby tier this time guys(and girls)!

it's not over pricing! :) if people have 500-1k stam they really shouldn't need the pot...people have burned thousands of stam without it...this pot is for people with more stam wanting to help the community! if you can afford to have 4k+ max stam you should be able to afford a level 500 doubler at that price

That's not what we do. This is a community driven event. Why would you want to exclude others during that? Its best for everyone to be able to have it or no one.
No inbetween.

#310 MGH HiddnNinja

MGH HiddnNinja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:58

who would be excluded from this? it's not over pricing! The price is right and what the game needs :)

#311 ironcire

ironcire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:54

Can someone explain to me what in the heck this new Global Skill means or how to use it? Maybe its just late or I'm tired, but I cant seem to wrap my mind around how its supposed to work with doubler?

#312 MGH HiddnNinja

MGH HiddnNinja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:01

Example/Description: Global Doubler will only work when activated with Doubler! The doubler must be a corresponding level...(or below hopefully)...when both skills are active doubler will take away the stam like normal but global doubler will raise the kill count toward the global quest depending on what doubler/global doubler level you have on...50 x2, 100 x3, 150 x4, etc... :) that help?

#313 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:06

who would be excluded from this? it's not over pricing! The price is right and what the game needs :)

Its actually not. It will leave players unsatisfied and alienated. And, the players who can't afford it?

#314 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:36

This Thread has been a great dialogue, but it's take so many twists and turns it's a bit daunting.

So the Global Skill has to match the level of the Doubler? Since buffs max at L175 - there's something I'm just not getting. Example, folks are talking about L500 doubler, etc. I hope it'll be clear when you start the event.

I've always participated in these events and gone above and beyond the minimum for the community as a whole, and I do my best to know what's going on, but the majority of players do not. If this is too complicated I fear you're going to loose a lot of players when folks are making mistakes or just confused and they toss up their hands in frustration.

Confused in California, Kath

#315 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:57

It appears the doubler will affect the kills for the community and to reach the qualifying tiers for extra chests but it won't affect the kills towards the top 100 medal. Plus you need a normal Doubler as well as the new Global Doubler. But if your normal doubler exceeds the level of Global Doubler then the extra level of the normal Doubler is wasted.

Why make it so complicated?

The last event had enough kills to get 6 chests and the top 100 was competitive, why make a change if its not really needed?

#316 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:33

Why make a change if its not really needed?

Because it was requested? We asked for feedback and received it in spades? Because the feedback was mostly constructive and had reasons behind the requests?

As such, we have been looking at a compromise solution. A new potion only buff that will only be of use during Global Events and is available to all from the Loyalty page for both Loyalty or Gold.

#317 alexlouis

alexlouis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:13

Absolutely! Less complicated = good :)

#318 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:29

GE today ? :)

#319 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:25

i personally think it would be better to not affix the global doubler with normal doubler, However, if you do put them together can i ask this. since GD is suppose to in crease how many kills you get, and normal doubler uses more stam per kill, if i am running a 4x doubler my kill count counts as 4 kills per 1 critter so what will my stam usage be?

Will my stam be charged for 4x4 critters for every kill? or will the normal doubler see it as only 1 kill and charge me normal?

i hope that made sense..

#320 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:05

Please add doubler, we are not everyone kids that have all the time in the world to play a game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: