• This topic is locked This topic is locked
336 replies to this topic

#301 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 17:39

my point exactly....#2-#75 will get titan rewards while the #76-100 will drop out of titan league and the top 25 crystal players move up...and #1 gets same rewards+a new medal

so why would i push for more thn #75? besides bragging rights?(which is the only reason im,even in titan league)

It don't make sense an player reaching titan league and don't gain at least once the reward according to that league (as I said before since hcs gave crystal chests or lower according to the final league each player was, so this time may also do the same and 100 players which already are on titan league will gain titan rewards that way).

And only after -on the Beginning of Season 2- top 76~100 will go down. [like this time where player only joined Titan league when this Season round 1 started].

On it the main efford the player could do on it is to try to get the new medal by being rank 1.

the secondary efford would be to stay within 1~75 to don't drop to crystal league when the following season start (IF it keep the way it is now)

and to those within 76~100 will only gain that chest because they made the efford to reach titan league (some way still deserved - many players will pvp on the last day even some of those don't want to finished on that position but will due players attacking before the round finishes [some up n' downs on the last minutes] - and these players within 76~100 would not be much sad because they will still going to gain titan league rewards).

Edited by Kbyte, 09 August 2015 - 18:41.

#302 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 August 2015 - 18:39

It would be interesting to know the total number of votes cast for this poll.  I'm willing to bet that a real small percentage of players will make final dissension,  (yep, the spelling was intentional ;)

#303 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 19:08

I don't care about any other medals I'd never titan hunt, and I don't pay attention to them for the most part.

So if you don't care about the rest of the game, why should we care about you ;)

rageanger said he does not care about any other medals and your reply to him is that he does not care about the rest of the game, how do you interpret medals to game?

Glad to know you only care about one aspect.

the topic of this forum is PVP season / bounty board, it is about PVP and rageanger is talking about PVP here and mostly playing this one aspect of the game PVP

Trash the other medals.

where in this forum did rageanger say: trash the other medals?

I don't care about any other medals I'd never titan hunt, and I don't pay attention to them for the most part.

that is what he said or can you quote a post there he trashed the other medals like you accused him of?

Just don't mess with yours right?

again, the topic of this forum is PVP season / bounty board, it is about PVP and rageanger is talking about PVP here and mostly playing this one aspect of the game PVP

you are against the old pvp system because of its REWARDS, not because of its system (you did not attack the system in your other posts, you attacked the rewards on the ladder, read the posts in this forum)

then you used your last resort the "bully" card and started trolling, your posts do not have any basis

I have played on the pvp ladder for years and I know from experience how it got inactive, the reason were the rewards which were almost "nothing" worth

you do not talk from experience and you are not even participating in the pvp season which you like

the only thing you do is trolling and using the "bully" card

#304 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 19:17

You guys know damn well that the old ladder was not dead. I have gone in with like 15k stam and gone down to below 1k very recently and I would go to bed in epics, and that it would be very alive if they had put a new reward in the last 3 years. Also no one answered my question about having the old rewards in the new ladder, you all know it would be even deader then the older ladder with next to useless rewards.e me the excuse 

rewards are the reason why the pvp season is that active, the rewards are too powerful, with such EPIC powerful rewards it is no wonder that there is activity

if the same rewards were given to the arena, gvg, ladder then you would have gotten more activity there too

I am tired of saying and repeating the obvious thing:

what has "value" and makes profit draws participation to the ladder, that is how every aspect of the game works, be it arena, gvg, pvp, titan hunting, SE hunting, ...

for me the pvp season is an excellent idea for a GLOBAL EVENT (pvp)

it is obvious that if the pvp season got the same useless ladder rewards that it would end up as the ladder with hardly any activity, the rewards on pvp season are EPIC and that is the main reason why there is activity, put the same EPIC rewards on the ladder and see how activity increases :)

#305 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 19:30

It would be interesting to know the total number of votes cast for this poll.  I'm willing to bet that a real small percentage of players will make final dissension,  (yep, the spelling was intentional ;)

I'd be curious to know how the actual "donators" voted.  They are the ones that pay the salary of the cows and keep things running for everyone so as far as I'm concerned, the only ones that should be allowed to vote are the players that have "donated" at any time in the past.

Screenshot everything!

#306 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 August 2015 - 20:14

I'd be curious to know how the actual "donators" voted.  They are the ones that pay the salary of the cows and keep things running for everyone so as far as I'm concerned, the only ones that should be allowed to vote are the players that have "donated" at any time in the past.

To a great extent, I agree with you there...

Can you imagine the howls of protestation if the cows actually went with that tho ? ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#307 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 20:54

Why is it that we must continue to insist on taking things away from people?  Tokens, whether you like them or not, were earned by people.  Some, admittedly, paid more than others for theirs.  So, it is what it is.  A lack of activity in some Ladder bands were not the fault of the players, it is the fault of no rewards of any value to be earned.  These tokens were earned with time, stam, and FSPs.  If you place a deadline of say 30 days from now and all tokens are deleted, what would happen??  A flood of the gear they invent will hit the market and values would plummet.  How does that help anything?  Why not let people just keep their tokens for goodness sakes??  I mean, we sit here and take things away from people and then sit around scratching our heads wondering why the game player base is declining.  We get up in arms and demand changes to the game for aspects that we don't like, then when the change comes and 10% of the players leave we wonder what happened?  Then another change and 10% more is gone.  We love winning these battles until a change comes to something that we like. People are becoming disenfranchised and are leaving this game, usually at the complaining of a minority.  Some people are winning a battle but will lose the war when they sit here playing a game with nobody left to compete with.

For the life of me I do not understand why we keep taking away aspects of the game completely and then impliment completely different things?  Sure, tweak old things and improve them, but MAJOR game updates should be ADDITIONS to the game to broaden interest and player base.  I want as much as anyone to see thousands of people online at any given time.  But most of us have found just a narrow band of interest in the game as we are all different.  Then, when that aspect becomes radically changed and/or deleted, we lose the reason why we play.

Please HCS, please stop just arbitrarily deleting whole aspects of the game and running off people.  Please, restore back some of the things that were taken away and change the policy to tweak when necessary and AD to the game in other areas.

I hope all understand the sincerity of this post and its intent.  Whether on or off the mark I want as much as anyone to see this game revived. 

thank you bro for this posting

When I log into a game and spend my time reading about possible changes and the extreme discontent with the existing ones rather than playing the game, something has gone fundamentally wrong.  Time to logout and look for something else or pick a different hobby.

that reason why I leaving game with friends, we were big group playing together other online games now, we were in different guilds but staying contact with each other, I returning with some after years but it not getting better

sorry mate but that is one of the most stupid things I have heard in the forums

LADDER was created with BANDS to give players a "fair" chance against each other

ARENA was created with MAX EQUIP LEVEL to give players a "fair" chance against each other

how would it work if player 2600 joined the ladder or arena with this best pvp setups and fights against a 250 player? EOC would get most rewards and high chance new and low players would leave the game

even with my epic setup the 250 player might not beat me at my current level, he would have "ZERO chance" if I use pvp setups, skills, potions

when HCS created the ladder and the arena years ago they considered this and that is why the implemented pvp bands for the ladder and max equip level for the arena

today I was clearing a player on the BB who was about half my level, he had an epic potion running (KE 400, flinch 400, dispel curse 345, shield wall 300, .....), I only used a few mediocre buffs (KE 175, LD 175, FS 175, DC 175, ...) and I did not lose a single time while I cleared him (I even made a mistake with my first hit and was wearing 4 epics and still won)

the ladder was not "broken" like some players said in the forum, I have explained why the ladder got inactive in these posts:

https://forums.hunte...e-5#entry943216

https://forums.hunte...e-5#entry943217

https://forums.hunte...e-5#entry943224

https://forums.hunte...e-6#entry943234

remember how active the arena was before the tokens were introduced? it took hours and sometimes days / weeks to fill a tournament

after HCS implemented arena tokens you could see tournaments filling in seconds, there was something "new" (only token system, no new rewards) and "profit" to be made from the arena

titan hunting would go extinct if epics were worth 1 fsp, hardly anyone would hunt them except for his (bronze) medal, it would be cheaper to buy the epics from AH instead of spending stamina, fsps and potions to hunt titans

I am sure that if the pvp season had no new rewards and would take the same old (4-5+ years old rewards) ladder rewards that the participation would be a lot lower or the same as the current ladder (almost inactive)

everyone could read in the forums that many players were interested in the new rewards

I doubt many would have tried the new system if there were no new rewards (same as the old ladder)

what has "value" and makes profit draws participation to the ladder, that is how every aspect of the game works, be it arena, gvg, pvp, titan hunting, SE hunting, ...

for me the pvp season is an excellent idea for a GLOBAL EVENT (pvp)

I agreeing, nobody wanting playing ladder because reward was very bad, look at pvp season, this disgrace of system has BIG chest, this chest is EPIC, you can use this EPIC chest 12 times, that meaning it is 12 EPIC potions for reward in disgrace of system calling pvp season, ladder having very bad reward nobody wanting and inactive because of bad rewards

if HCS removing rewards from pvp season then it getting dead

Don't give me the excuse either that 5 against 1 on a ladder all from the same guild is harder because it's way easier. I said before when the 1 has buffs he has 5 targets to hit and can take 1st at any time. It's likely the other 5 are not even all online and some on the ladders filled with my guild did not even bother to fight back.

what you saying here is truth players knowing who did this, I was on pvp ladder with 3 players (not from your guild), they were in same guild, they all having 1 target and needing spending more time and stamina than me, I easy getting from last place to first place, they needing many hitting

rageanger said he does not care about any other medals and your reply to him is that he does not care about the rest of the game, how do you interpret medals to game?

the topic of this forum is PVP season / bounty board, it is about PVP and rageanger is talking about PVP here and mostly playing this one aspect of the game PVP

that is what he said or can you quote a post there he trashed the other medals like you accused him of?

again, the topic of this forum is PVP season / bounty board, it is about PVP and rageanger is talking about PVP here and mostly playing this one aspect of the game PVP

you are against the old pvp system because of its REWARDS, not because of its system (you did not attack the system in your other posts, you attacked the rewards on the ladder, read the posts in this forum)

then you used your last resort the "bully" card and started trolling, your posts do not have any basis

I have played on the pvp ladder for years and I know from experience how it got inactive, the reason were the rewards which were almost "nothing" worth

you do not talk from experience and you are not even participating in the pvp season which you like

it better if you ignoring yotwehc, players knowing he like trolling and saying "bully" "bully" "bully"

he liking talking about how he will doing pvp and smashing, years he saying that but he never doing pvp, he only talking

in my country we having saying for people who only saying and not doing

dogs that barking they not biting

Edited by kitobas, 09 August 2015 - 20:55.

#308 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 23:33

Nappeh, on 06 Aug 2015 - 19:41, said:snapback.png

Why is it that we must continue to insist on taking things away from people?  Tokens, whether you like them or not, were earned by people.  Some, admittedly, paid more than others for theirs.  So, it is what it is.  A lack of activity in some Ladder bands were not the fault of the players, it is the fault of no rewards of any value to be earned.  These tokens were earned with time, stam, and FSPs.  If you place a deadline of say 30 days from now and all tokens are deleted, what would happen??  A flood of the gear they invent will hit the market and values would plummet.  How does that help anything?  Why not let people just keep their tokens for goodness sakes??  I mean, we sit here and take things away from people and then sit around scratching our heads wondering why the game player base is declining.  We get up in arms and demand changes to the game for aspects that we don't like, then when the change comes and 10% of the players leave we wonder what happened?  Then another change and 10% more is gone.  We love winning these battles until a change comes to something that we like. People are becoming disenfranchised and are leaving this game, usually at the complaining of a minority.  Some people are winning a battle but will lose the war when they sit here playing a game with nobody left to compete with.

For the life of me I do not understand why we keep taking away aspects of the game completely and then impliment completely different things?  Sure, tweak old things and improve them, but MAJOR game updates should be ADDITIONS to the game to broaden interest and player base.  I want as much as anyone to see thousands of people online at any given time.  But most of us have found just a narrow band of interest in the game as we are all different.  Then, when that aspect becomes radically changed and/or deleted, we lose the reason why we play.

Please HCS, please stop just arbitrarily deleting whole aspects of the game and running off people.  Please, restore back some of the things that were taken away and change the policy to tweak when necessary and AD to the game in other areas.

I hope all understand the sincerity of this post and its intent.  Whether on or off the mark I want as much as anyone to see this game revived. 

+100

#309 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 23:49

In my opinion there is really only 2 reasons to be defending the new pvp setup.

You like it because there is no xp loss or not enough anyways to be acceptable and the crazy rewards, this new way of pvp'ing should never have even been allowed. I have heard players say many times that hoof said they will never get rid of xp loss, dropping it down to 90% less is like the same thing to me. I attacked like 200 people when the league came out and I lost 2 levels for it.

If you want to keep the new league either:

Make it separate from the real bounty board (as in have 2 bounty boards that give different medals) and bring back the old ladder (with bountyable hits to keep the old bb more active) so both sides can be happy.
- The league would be an addon and the old setup would still exist. (with pillow fight attacks that don't take xp.
Keep the new bb if you want but I think it is a waste and it scares no real pvper. (Something made up to give players easy smasher medals)
- I also think that gold hits should count towards smasher medal like it was when it was introduced. (I know people will cry for no reason about that though so it is unlikely to happen, even though it is an awesome idea that revived the old bb like crazy)

or

Make the league attacks postable and keep only the old bounty board.
- You make one attack in league and are risking to lose 5 levels
- All league attacks take full xp, gold and durability loss

In either situation the old ladder and bounty board need to stay and we need new rewards on the old ladder!

This poll should be asking: Would you rather the old system with the same new rewards or the new system with the new rewards. I still think though that on the old ladder we need new sets big time.

To those who say the rewards going useless is not why the old ladder got more inactive I'd say. What would you vote for if the league offered the old tokens with no new sets and the old ladder was giving out these new rewards and new sets?

Edited by BigGrim, 10 August 2015 - 10:27.
No swearing please.

#310 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 00:20

Hoof wisely stated at some point throughout the madness that it would be impossible to satisfy everyone with this game “addition” (note that the word “addition” is mine).

I will +1 that and thank HCS for working on this “addition”. I will further thank HCS for bringing the “addition” to a game-wide vote.

That said… I started a huge long diatribe but got discouraged (3 pages and not even halfway through). Simply no time and felt it wasn’t worth the effort. I’m hoping that this thread was started for input, rather than real discussion.

Input without explanation is what I’ll give. My opinion only of course.

1. PvP Seasons has little to do with PvP as it has come to be conceived in game. I voted no in the poll. HOWEVER, I would suggest bringing back the old system AND improving the current PvP Seasons. Like Arena, I think it “might” be an interesting game aspect IF it is improved. I find the old system to be way more logical.

2. Level differences in PvP Season. There are levels 300 in Titan and Crystal. This is NOT an issue. Players complaining can opt out or level up.

3. Loss of XP in PvP Seasons needs to be reinstated. That was removed before the opt out option was implemented. Zero excuse now and counterproductive.

4. Either XP loss in PvP Seasons needs to be reintroduced or those participating need to not have to worry about being bountied on those hits. Auto-bounty programming needs to take that into account.

5. Why are bounty hunters not being included in the auto-bounty system? Bounty hunters kill people for a living and should be exposed to risk. They have been babied for far too long. Gold made is not included in their total bounty. Why?

6. Further, if a player chooses to take my bounty, why are they not appearing on my list to place gold on them?

7. Medals: I like the new ones and will eventually work towards them if the Seasons stays around. However…

7a. Dominance should be made a “legacy” and a new one created. My Dominance medal says I did something I never did. I would prefer to keep my Dominance medal and have a new one available for the “new ideology”. Yes, new players will NEVER be able to get it. Hey, first benefit for us old players.

7b. Same goes for Smasher. I know changes already happened, but the current ideology is an insult and ridiculous. PS. I hate the fact that unrated hits (true PVP) were made to not count. HCS should have ridden that out.

8. Notifications: I like the idea that our GL gets a notification when a Guildie’s bounty goes up. However, I’d prefer a notification in my log when a bounty goes up that I contributed gold to. And an added plus would be a GL notification when that happens as well.

9. Punishment: This is what I think is the worst aspect of this change. Guilds can no longer protect their players by reacting to wrongs against them. Unfortunately, most players in game think this is related to the “PvP Guilds”. I’m sorry, but that’s a load of crap.

With this change, absolutely anyone in game can smack the crap out of my guildies for gold and I won’t personally be able to do anything. Before, I could know that “PvP Guild #1 player” smacked my guildie and would deal. Now, “player #1 from any guild” can do the same and there is zero recourse.

From what I’ve skimmed (and it isn’t much), gold hitting is now actually condoned. In fact, I’m actually now more prone to do it whenever I feel like to whoever I feel like. For me, as an FS player than indulges in all aspects of the game; it’s a disgrace. I'm not in the top PvPing guilds... in fact, we aren't a PvP guild at all. However, I no longer have the capability whatsoever of discouraging players from hitting my Guildies. 

SUGGESTION TO HCS:

Again, I didn’t explain anything or read the 300 plus posts to this thread.

I would like to see HCS go through all of the opinions, group them into SEPARATE opinions and ask FS input on them. That’s IF they decide to “improve” the changes.

PvP Seasons is an interesting addition to the game and thanks for making the effort.

However, it is an extremely poor “replacement” for what came before it. I believe however that it’s because it is clumping into one place way too many things…. Ladder, BB… argggh…

PVP LADDER TOKENS:

Beyond that: If the original PvP ladder is done and gone for good, I would respectfully request a clear indication of when we need to use the tokens by.

I would stress the need for some replacement recipes for those items that require the old PvP tokens. A list can be found in the second half of the first post on this thread: https://forums.hunte...nventing-event/

That said… I am offering free of charge to use my PvP tokens to absolutely anyone that would like to use them. Pm me in game.

(Please excuse grammar errors... I'm not rereading).

#311 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:21

Punishment: ... Guilds can no longer protect their players by reacting to wrongs against them.

the idea of protecting guildmates is brought up often in these threads and i'll not debate it

just pointing out the obvious here in that, with the update in its' current form and at the time of this post

punishment is now equal for all players

*help me to understand the "wronging" thing - in all my years here no one has ever so grievously hurt me i felt a need to form a posse and go on a lynching party

#312 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:43

So far, I've only made it to page 6 of this thread after my earlier post (#310). I've liked some stuff and sent in game pms of support to a few.

The following is my response to what I've seen so far that was NOT necessarily dealt with in my initial input post (#310). Please note that I have been multiquoting for over an hour. Things are reduced and the same ideas are repeated over and over again in most cases: 

at the moment the only thing I can really see is sorta the ' poll ' selection you offer. you have both the PvP Seasons & Bounty Board grouped together. yes they are sorta one in the same but also not the same. they should maybe separated in a poll. also you have ' YES '/ ' NO  '/ ' DON'T MIND '. why not change the ' Don't mind ' to unsure/ undecided? cause the way it is now it is your only giving a 50/50 choice. I sorta thing there might be a bit more that would choose the 3rd option, they are just on the fence not sure just as of yet.

This is a relevant and repeated point throughout the thread. 

I want to applaud HCS for bothering to include the "Don't Mind" portion. I have voiced this over and over in several past threads. It is a HUGE improvement. 

The poll in and of itself is a huge improvement that many were pleasantly surprised by. 

That said, knowing how to do a survey is not something you learn overnight and I was surprised to see what I, again, see as a huge improvement on the inefficient "yes" or "no". 

So, in response to all comments I've seen thus far: yes, HCS needs to improve its survey methods, but don't downplay the advance. And especially... don't convince them with negativity (which, btw, I have NOT seen) that it was a bad idea.

The inadequacy of the current poll is simply due to the multiple aspects of it's content. PvP Seasons, PvP Ladder, Bounty Board. 

Again, I think PvP Seasons is an interesting addition... It may need improvements. 

I think the Ladder could and probably should be brought back. "Perhaps" with improvements. 

On the BB, the new concept is interesting but extremely flawed... in my PERSONAL opinion. I'd revert to the old system, but there is a good idea in here which needs to be explored. 

Hopefully, all the ideas placed in this thread (again, I'm only up to page 6) will be professionally sorted out by HCS and several forums for player feedback could be created to examine in more detail the issues.

It would be nice If players could check the poll live to see the current results on it already.

+1 Was that an error? I get why it was removed though... There is definitely a plus/minus to that idea despite my +1.

If the community do decide they preferred the older system, it is likely that the PvP Seasons could be converted into a form of PvP event (basically similar to how it works at the moment without the Titan League) - so in the case we do go back to the older system the effort wouldn't have been a waste on it :)

If the community do decide they preferred the old PvP Ladder / Bounty Board then we could look at re-using the PvP Seasons system as some form of global event :)

Too early for me to judge on this idea. It forces me into way too many assumptions. 

In essence: I like the idea of a PvP Event... heck, I did one for my 8th FS b-day and many do them all the time (who doesn't know a "victim"?, hehe). 

I'd vote for a PvP global AND keeping PvP Seasons as a regular game aspect. 

That said... I think the forum advertised end-date to the Seasons is a MAJOR error. I'd hope that it be kept random as the Ladder end-date was.

Personally i think deleting/editing posts should not be allowed even by HCS. This just makes people think you are censoring the players and not letting them give proper feedback. 

I only quoted a portion of the above post to get to the point: I fully agree...

I do understand the difficulty of dealing with everything that happens here. There are lines that need to be drawn, bla, bla. 

However, if HCS staff feels that a post is not "constructive crticism", they are free to quote that content and say it. 

If HCS would like some constructive criticism: you should hire someone to deal with forum content and not overtax your workers that have more than enough to do as is. Your HIRED moderators need to be people who are objective and probably not involved in the game at all. 

Time and time again, one HCS staff member has contradicted another. 

Objectivity should be your goal in the forum. Those staff members involved in the consequences of game input should definitely be involved in reading and able to voice their opinions... but nothing more.

I idled for about 6 hours and my composing pots wore off and i logged back into getting totally messed up by super low levels. 

I've seen tons of examples throughout the post involving complaints about the level difference. Most were from low levels thinking it was "unfair" that they were fighting higher levels. Many of those were in Crystal or Titan and seemed ludicrous. The absolutely only reason I quoted the above is because it proves the point: A high level can get smashed by lowers. 

To the lower levels: Note that or don't participate. The thing I actually like about the Seasons is that there are no bounds (well, more than before certain changes, but hey)... I've smacked people a thousand levels above me. In short, if you're a low level with issues... level up like your opponent did and then take your better-informed shots. 

I can't find the logic in that poll tbh... revert back to old system means we will have dead pvp ladder again?

I already talked about the poll. "Dead PvP Ladder"? It wasn't dead for me. I smacked and was smacked. I wasn't involved in the "supposed" Guild-dominated ones. 

My assumption is that "dead" refers to the participation. In my personal case, I've met tons of people on the ladder. It is true that I was alone there many times. Other times I was on with a Guildie (really pissed me off I couldn't hit them, lol). Sure, gone were the days with 10 or 20... those all seemed to have their own issues. 

I'm not saying that the ladder didn't need some "juice", but I don't think that means it's a reason to cancel it. 

I need to asked hcs staff how long will this season be? I did not see the length how long this round of leagues going to be thanks. 

This question was actually answered by another player. I hate the fact that people know. 

That's it for tonight... again, I only made it to page 6 and apologies. Depending on what HCS does today, I may continue to read it and respond.

I'd like to thank HCS for getting some "much-needed" input. I'd also like to thank people that bothered to give their opinion, whether I agreed with it or not. 

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#313 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:33

the idea of protecting guildmates is brought up often in these threads and i'll not debate it

just pointing out the obvious here in that, with the update in its' current form and at the time of this post

punishment is now equal for all players

*help me to understand the "wronging" thing - in all my years here no one has ever so grievously hurt me i felt a need to form a posse and go on a lynching party

Thanks for bothering duk (o0

I swear I was going to take off... 

Yes, punishment is equal. So, if you hit one of my guildies for holding too much gold... there is nothing I can do to dissuade you from doing it again?

I don't know, but it seems silly. In the eight years I've played, I've taught players a lesson for taking gold. I've also used my loss of levels to make my guildies learn to deal with their gold while holding. My guildies have also been repeatedly attacked for me taking levels on the bounty they placed. It was all about game mechanics, education and interactions in a multi-player game. 

Way before (and I'm talking around 5 years ago) the word "bully" got a new definition, my Guild went up against another for a Relic... owned, of course as always, by HCS. That guild made a strategic defense that was fully-supported by HCS guidelines in order to dissuade us from taking that Relic that they were currently occupying. 

What happened? I discussed the situation with my Guildies and "they" (not me, mind you) decided to not to take it anymore. Quite to the contrary of what much later would come to pass, I respected that Guild for playing the game and defending the stats they worked to achieve, despite those stats, like all really, being "owned" by HCS.

On the very last phrase in what I quoted "no one has ever so grievously hurt me i felt a need to form a posse and go on a lynching party": I don't think I've been in that situation either. 

However, I have taken five with Guildies and other times with and for allies. I've lost five. I've never been actually involved in a guild war, but I did stop one with less than two years in the game. 

So sure... you've never been so "grievously hurt"... But what? I can smack you in the face over and over again knowing that the teacher will put me in the corner? 

Your posse and lynching party metaphor assumes that the current punishment is enough and so it goes. Anything else is above and beyond justice.

Punishment is always supposed to be a deterrent. As it stands, I can hit the weakest kid in the class or the biggest and I just get the note to the parents. 

This might not teach me to not hit the biggest kid in the class. 

Your "assumption" is that justice is defined by game guidelines. I fully agree. I'm simply wondering why it has been "dwarfed".

#314 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:26

Funny. Al that research you did then you put words in my mouth. Never did I use "bully". Exploit, yes. But I am pretty sure they mean different things. I guess as you have pointed out, I have been making assumptions based on the other posters comments but am I wrong? Then you go ahead and make assumptions about mine. Hypocrisy galore.

#315 TSDaedalus

TSDaedalus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:13

In my opinion there is really only 2 reasons to be defending the new pvp setup.

You like it because there is no xp loss or not enough anyways to be acceptable and the crazy rewards.

I won't deny that I like Seasons for those 2 reasons, but I also appreciate the entertainment of participating in a new (for me) area of the game, learning about PvP strategy, and learning about new buffs and equipment setups I'd never considered before. I was going to say that I also kind of like the added shot of adrenaline regarding the risk of being hit mid hunt, but I've lost almost 6 million gold tonight before doing deposits and/or buying fsp. Sooooo, the previously perceived plus has lost a bit of its luster.

2. Level differences in PvP Season. There are levels 300 in Titan and Crystal. This is NOT an issue. Players complaining can opt out or level up.

3. Loss of XP in PvP Seasons needs to be reinstated. That was removed before the opt out option was implemented. Zero excuse now and counterproductive.

7. Medals: I like the new ones and will eventually work towards them if the Seasons stays around. However…

7a. Dominance should be made a “legacy” and a new one created. My Dominance medal says I did something I never did. I would prefer to keep my Dominance medal and have a new one available for the “new ideology”. Yes, new players will NEVER be able to get it. Hey, first benefit for us old players.

7b. Same goes for Smasher. I know changes already happened, but the current ideology is an insult and ridiculous. PS. I hate the fact that unrated hits (true PVP) were made to not count. HCS should have ridden that out.

9. Punishment: This is what I think is the worst aspect of this change. Guilds can no longer protect their players by reacting to wrongs against them. Unfortunately, most players in game think this is related to the “PvP Guilds”. I’m sorry, but that’s a load of crap.

With this change, absolutely anyone in game can smack the crap out of my guildies for gold and I won’t personally be able to do anything. Before, I could know that “PvP Guild #1 player” smacked my guildie and would deal. Now, “player #1 from any guild” can do the same and there is zero recourse.

From what I’ve skimmed (and it isn’t much), gold hitting is now actually condoned. In fact, I’m actually now more prone to do it whenever I feel like to whoever I feel like. For me, as an FS player than indulges in all aspects of the game; it’s a disgrace. I'm not in the top PvPing guilds... in fact, we aren't a PvP guild at all. However, I no longer have the capability whatsoever of discouraging players from hitting my Guildies.

2. Thank you!!! 

3. I wouldn't be heartbroken if some XP loss was reinstated I guess. But I did lose almost 2 levels in a week due to bounties even without direct XP loss in Seasons.

7. I do think it's a little easier than expected to get the Dominance and Smasher medals. I haven't attacked anyone (yet) since the seeding season finished and I've been making considerable progress towards my Dominance medal by squatting in the Titan League despite my inactivity.

9. I did like the ability of the previous BB to delevel a player who is being unreasonable. Sometimes leveling out of range is either too slow or not functional for the victim without help.

Edited by TSDaedalus, 10 August 2015 - 07:24.

#316 donce4kill

donce4kill

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:36

I voted on a poll 1st day but I changed my mind now. I actually like new BB, it's way more active now. It doesn't cost so much to take a bounty and my favourite part is that xp loss is always the same. It's no more player vs guild...I hit you but you can't hit me cause I have 20 people behind my back.

About pvp season...I like the idea of leagues istead of pvp bands, hitting more people is just more fun, climbing up too. I'm lvl 800 and I have no diffuculties with lvl ranges...I didn't thought so at first, but it's actually fun to hit lvl 2000+. However, it's absolutely impossible for low level players to compete with everyone else. My suggestion is bring back PvP ladder for lvl 1-500. I didn't gave much thoughts but obviuosly rewards should be balanced

#317 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:04

I voted on a poll 1st day but I changed my mind now. I actually like new BB, it's way more active now. It doesn't cost so much to take a bounty and my favourite part is that xp loss is always the same. It's no more player vs guild...I hit you but you can't hit me cause I have 20 people behind my back.

About pvp season...I like the idea of leagues istead of pvp bands, hitting more people is just more fun, climbing up too. I'm lvl 800 and I have no diffuculties with lvl ranges...I didn't thought so at first, but it's actually fun to hit lvl 2000+. However, it's absolutely impossible for low level players to compete with everyone else. My suggestion is bring back PvP ladder for lvl 1-500. I didn't gave much thoughts but obviuosly rewards should be balanced

i agree

#318 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:05

STOP 2% LUCK ....lets use MATH 

#319 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:10

I agree fully... people can now smack other players. They use 50 stam and 1 ticket and get the gold. If they are smart they are at least hitting people that have over the 2k it costs for the ticket on the bounty. 

In my case today, in the best shot, they could have got 19k gold per hit. So... 17k profit. The other 3 bounties they would have got 5,333. In other words, 3,333 for 50 stam. 

I have to ask: 3,333 for 50 stam? Really? I don't use doubler and get around 300 gold per 1 stam (assuming no conserve). You do the calcs.

I do agree though that you no longer get punished for hitting players, lol. In fact, we could just play solitaire. Heck, not like this a multi-player game where you talk to people. Your guildies and allies should be irrelevant. You shouldn't have to talk to your enemies either. 

The issue that people seem to be missing is the following: 

So many people think it's cool that they can hit people with no consequences. 

I ask you: What's going to happen when everybody in your range hits YOU with "no" consequences? 

I actually have had contact with everybody in my range, but I'm definitely interested in seeing a more realistic response. ,oP

#320 donce4kill

donce4kill

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:03

I ask you: What's going to happen when everybody in your range hits YOU with "no" consequences? 

Same I did with old BB: hit back, maybe place a bounty, get better deffensive setup or just level up past them. It's not like taking 5 levels scares those who sit in PvP guilds. Taking 5 levels will only scare off who are levellers themselves. 1 more problem with old BB, you bounty someone and their friend just clear them with 10 stamina attacks. It's win/win for them.

I'm not saying new BB is perfect and I like everything about but it's better in my eyes. I agree on part about profit, most rewards are laughable 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: