Photo

De-leveling Change Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
364 replies to this topic

Poll: De-leveling Poll (322 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like us to look at changing how de-leveling works?

1. Yes. (175 votes [54.35%])

Percentage of vote: 54.35%

2. No. (147 votes [45.65%])

Percentage of vote: 45.65%

Vote

#321 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 23:53

No more than if they de-leveled then re-levelled one level at a time at EOC. The more I think about this the more I think it would work really well :)

How so Hoof? If they got to EoC, delevelled and then relevelled under the proposed changes, they would essentially have to fight against impossible stat reductions or go back down to where a regular person at 'their' AL would be and work their way back from there. One map at a time. As it should be.

i have rules against threatening for 10 stam clears when you want to delevel as any hits are better than none when you want delelved that being said i cant control what happens outside FFS.

You know I'm not targetting my suggested changes at FFS or any guild in particular right?

I do however know that these threats and counter-bounties happen. I think it is completely against the spirit of the game too.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#322 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 23:55

How so Hoof? If they got to EoC, delevelled and then relevelled under the proposed changes, they would essentially have to fight against impossible stat reductions or go back down to where a regular person at 'their' AL would be and work their way back from there. One map at a time. As it should be.

Not if they only de-levelled one level and regained it each time, which would be more in line with what I'm suggesting.

#323 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 23:56

I've just had another idea (feel free to tell if if you think this idea is terrible).

The main reason people are de-levelling is to be able to contribute to their guild right? So maybe we look at this another way. What if we changed it so that if you're at the current EOC, the XP is reduced as normal for sub-levelling, but we don't reduce the guild xp gained? So the guild xp you gain from EOC creature would remain constant whereas the normal xp would reduce as normal, removing the need to de-level to be able to contribute more to your guild?

Interesting.

how would this work? would you still get say 100,000 Xp contributed to your guild regardless of how much xp your getting per kill past EOC?

and if you make this work on last champ or last creature (since champs give 2x xp and are thus more efficient this could be a possible solution)

#324 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 23:58

You know I'm not targetting my suggested changes at FFS or any guild in particular right?

I do however know that these threats and counter-bounties happen. I think it is completely against the spirit of the game too.

threats i do see a problem with .. counter bounties not so much as thats part of the risk of taking a bounty ... 

#325 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 23:59

Not if they only de-levelled one level and regained it each time, which would be more in line with what I'm suggesting.

Oh, that's interesting. I'm getting quite burned out with this topic now so not everything is sinking in properly.

Sounds quite a lot like leos earlier idea of the gold level reset being infinite ?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#326 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:00

Interesting.

how would this work? would you still get say 100,000 Xp contributed to your guild regardless of how much xp your getting per kill past EOC?

and if you make this work on last champ or last creature (since champs give 2x xp and are thus more efficient this could be a possible solution)

I'm thinking it would calculate the guild xp as if the xp had not been affected by sub-levelling. But this would only apply to the highest level Normal, Champion and Elite creature at the end of content.

#327 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:02

how would that work if they did drop say 200 lvls ? gaining any extra xp or guild xp in excess of what would be normally gotten from there AL seems like it can be exploited 

#328 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Oh, that's interesting. I'm getting quite burned out with this topic now so not everything is sinking in properly.

Sounds quite a lot like leos earlier idea of the gold level reset being infinite ?

Yeah, only real difference was mine was a gold sink as well :)

#329 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

I've just had another idea (feel free to tell if if you think this idea is terrible).

The main reason people are de-levelling is to be able to contribute to their guild right? So maybe we look at this another way. What if we changed it so that if you're at the current EOC, the XP is reduced as normal for sub-levelling, but we don't reduce the guild xp gained? So the guild xp you gain from EOC creature would remain constant whereas the normal xp would reduce as normal, removing the need to de-level to be able to contribute more to your guild?

Again .. i see this as the best solution to the problem brought forward so far .. very basic and cures all the ails of the BB problems

#330 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:03

gold reset sign me up.

#331 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

problem is that many will still delevel as they do and some are not even end of content..need to fix the problem with staying on a high level creature to gain the xp..or it will be exploited..leave the loophole and there always will be those that exploit..whether they need to or not

#332 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

gold reset sign me up.

#333 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

If we did apply a modifier to stats if the creature was higher than your AL, what do you think would work best? I still want players to be able to de-level and re-level on creatures as many obviously enjoy this aspect of the game (otherwise there wouldn't be any discussion around this). My initial thoughts would be:

Creature Levels Above AL / Percentage Reduction to Stats

25 / 25%

50 / 50%

100 / 95%

So basically start at a 25% reduction when the creature is 25 levels above your AL, then increase by 1% reduction up to a maximum of 95%.

This means you could still drop 25 levels and regain xp as you currently can, but it would help prevent dropping hundreds of levels and make it possibly to re-level on a high level creature (or at least make it much more challenging) :)

that sounds good, so if i am interpreting this correctly, i can be deleveled 24 levels below the realm of the level i am in, but if i drop 25 levels i get a 1% penelty to XP gained, and if i drop 75 levels, i get 50% or would i get a 25% loss at 25 levels under and 75% if I drop 75 levels? 

i think this is a good checks and balances system, i dont think any of us can believe someone is dropping 400 levels because of nothing to do with stamina, they are waiting for XP events to gain major GXP and bragging rights, in this system they can still do both, they just have to earn it like the rest of the players in the game,.

, there are currently several players who are several hundred levels below their VL, do we do something for them at this point? i dont think any of them will stay active gaining 1% XP, or having to reset their VL to gain the proper XP for their now meager  levels.  maybe give everyone a free reset to get those who pushed this too far a fighting chance?  (not that i want to, but is a good gesture)

RD

#334 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

I'm thinking it would calculate the guild xp as if the xp had not been affected by sub-levelling. But this would only apply to the highest level Normal, Champion and Elite creature at the end of content.

I could definitely live with this as a compromise, also doesnt screw over the people who have already deleveled as that would now be unaffected and allow them to still regain their levels this time

#335 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:07

Yeah, only real difference was mine was a gold sink as well :)

Yeah that's true.

that sounds good, so if i am interpreting this correctly, i can be deleveled 24 levels below the realm of the level i am in, but if i drop 25 levels i get a 1% penelty to XP gained, and if i drop 75 levels, i get 50% or would i get a 25% loss at 25 levels under and 75% if I drop 75 levels? 

i think this is a good checks and balances system, i dont think any of us can believe someone is dropping 400 levels because of nothing to do with stamina, they are waiting for XP events to gain major GXP and bragging rights, in this system they can still do both, they just have to earn it like the rest of the players in the game,.

, there are currently several players who are several hundred levels below their VL, do we do something for them at this point? i dont think any of them will stay active gaining 1% XP, or having to reset their VL to gain the proper XP for their now meager  levels.  maybe give everyone a free reset to get those who pushed this too far a fighting chance?  (not that i want to, but is a good gesture)

RD

This idea seems to be debunked now Rd, but it wasn't a nerf to xp gained, it was a nerf to your characters stats. Atk, def, arm etc...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#336 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:08

there is also the reason that people at EOC do not care if they get bountied because they want to lose levels, and there is currently no penelty for people at EOC to lose levels, leaving the people who do not exploit this loophole unable to do anything against attacks, as many of us won't particiopate in this current BS system or waste the stam we are overflowing to help this behavior. .....  there needs to be penelties for attacks, it is what makes pvp a pvp game,...... if you have no penelties you do not have a balanced system,

#337 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:12

there is also the reason that people at EOC do not care if they get bountied because they want to lose levels, and there is currently no penelty for people at EOC to lose levels, leaving the people who do not exploit this loophole unable to do anything against attacks, as many of us won't particiopate in this current BS system or waste the stam we are overflowing to help this behavior. .....  there needs to be penelties for attacks, it is what makes pvp a pvp game,...... if you have no penelties you do not have a balanced system,

so what about lower level common player that wants nothing to do with PVP the bounty board doesnt always work.

#338 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:14

There are folks at EOC who do not wish to lose levels and there are folks who arent near EOC who dont care how many they lose ..

#339 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:16

are you still fine with a player leveling off the same creature for 10s/100s of levels?

#340 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 00:17

so what about lower level common player that wants nothing to do with PVP the bounty board doesnt always work.

they can try playing a non pvp game? 

it is very clearly marked on the game, or at least was back in the 70's when i joined that this is a pvp game, but that horse has been beaten to death and can no longer find a mule to beat on, and if there is a system that invokes a loss of XP gained after X levels even the pvpers that stay in a realm for long peroids of time to play their game get a penelty for dropping too many levels.  there is a misconception that pvpers do not care about their levels, we must maintain our levels to wear the gear we need to smack you ;) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: