#341 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:18

Have you ever thought about global creatures giving experience that scales with level of the player?

We did but discarded it. The Potions/Frags are reward enough.

#342 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 13:14

We did but discarded it. The Potions/Frags are reward enough.

Thought it was a good idea worth a shot...Nothing overpowered but xp :).

#343 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 May 2015 - 14:04

Content 2476 - 2500 released on the 15th of May.

Working on Storybook Quests at the moment.

#344 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 14:35

Storybook today? Think you have been working it for 2 months now.

#345 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2015 - 15:24

I've been working on it longer than that. It'll be released when it's ready. That's why it does not have a date. Other things (like Content) have a higher priority and I am working on that to prepare for the XP Event.

#346 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2015 - 00:08

Hopefully lots of content (75 - 100 levels) for the 2xp weekend

NOT FORGETTING - master realms ;)

(highest portal point is currently Level 2467 whilst content goes to Level 2500 ... a LONG walk)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#347 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 22:27

Hopefully lots of content (75 - 100 levels) for the 2xp weekend

NOT FORGETTING - master realms ;)

(highest portal point is currently Level 2467 whilst content goes to Level 2500 ... a LONG walk)

Believe he mentioned 50 levels were being worked on...Anything more would be a surprise.

#348 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2015 - 00:01

Believe he mentioned 50 levels were being worked on...Anything more would be a surprise.

50 isn't really enough for those at EOC, given the double XP, I'm certainly hoping for more than that ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#349 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 00:35

50 isn't really enough for those at EOC, given the double XP, I'm certainly hoping for more than that ...

Better than nothing, Ya know? I'm satisfied with anything over 25...anything after that is a bonus.

#350 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2015 - 01:21

Better than nothing, Ya know? I'm satisfied with anything over 25...anything after that is a bonus.

It is, when you're not at EOC - but 50 levels on a 2x XP event, with good pots, is WAY under the stam requirements of a lot of players.

OK, we can not use epic pots, or we can just do the 50 levels, or we can sublevel way beyond the 50 but having sufficient content for most players to take advantage of the event would be nice.

Will see what happens tho ...

#351 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 01:42

It is, when you're not at EOC - but 50 levels on a 2x XP event, with good pots, is WAY under the stam requirements of a lot of players.

OK, we can not use epic pots, or we can just do the 50 levels, or we can sublevel way beyond the 50 but having sufficient content for most players to take advantage of the event would be nice.

Will see what happens tho ...

I'll be at eoc at the end of the event whatever it may be...I know its about 1 lvl:300 stamina hunting with the best pots and prestige...

#352 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:11

So, removing prestige from the equation, let's assume 1 lvl : 400 stam..

Ergo, with the best pots, I'll need all of 20K stamina (plus buffs) to go thru the 50 levels.

Now you see why I'm hoping for 75 Levels minimum, and ideally, 100 Levels.

Let's put BG under the pump, see what he can do ;)

#353 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:24

What I have decided to do is create 100 levels worth of Content. These will have the three Champs & one Elite per 25 levels. The first 50 levels have their relics and portals, the last 50 will not. No Quests yet. They'll be added at a later date since no one actually does those during a Double XP Event. Figure having more leveling content is most important for the Event.

#354 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:42

What I have decided to do is create 100 levels worth of Content. These will have the three Champs & one Elite per 25 levels. The first 50 levels have their relics and portals, the last 50 will not. No Quests yet. They'll be added at a later date since no one actually does those during a Double XP Event. Figure having more leveling content is most important for the Event.

100 levels, no quests yet

Sounds just fine and dandy to me :)

#355 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 13:38

Very nice, seems like an excellent "compromise" to me. 

Though I don't expect to be at EOC until 2018 or so, I know it's important for the game. I wonder if anybody is going to do the effort to make 3k during the double XP just to have the new buffs, lol.

Prosperous smacking everybody (o0

#356 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 14:18

No Quests yet. They'll be added at a later date since no one actually does those during a Double XP Event. Figure having more leveling content is most important for the Event.

You may find that Quest Hunter changes that - at least for the hunt/kill quests

No Quests yet. They'll be added at a later date since no one actually does those during a Double XP Event. Figure having more leveling content is most important for the Event.

Good decision! Despite my comment about QH, I still think your doing the right thing here.

#357 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 14:55

100 levels eh? That would be awesome.

Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but... I wonder how long after the event is done before we get the next 25! LOL! (as you will be tinkering with the released content to add in quests/relics/portals etc. And master realms!)

Yes, there is no satisfying some folk. At all.

Keep up the good work!! 

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#358 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 16:05

wow!!!  100 levels is awsome!!!  
u could of course, once u've made the new content, copy paste everything,  put a v2 at the end,  and put 200 levels in!!! just kidding!

thanks a lot for those levels! it is indeed something needed!

#359 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:00

u could of course, once u've made the new content, copy paste everything,  put a v2 at the end,  and put 200 levels in!!! just kidding!

that is actually not a bad idea

to be honest I hardly pay any attention to quests and just do 1,2,3, R, ... until I run out stamina ;)

copy & paste => 500 levels without quests (could be added later) + have a special offer during the xp event to get players to donate :)

EOC will be busy, buying stamina & having fun doing 1,2,3, R, .... :P + HCS can have an extended vaccation  :)

Edited by mary4ever, 23 June 2015 - 03:05.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#360 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:40

They worked on EOC with no quest for you guys, and had the 2x XP event. Thanks was awesome. I myself only 18 levels, but am happy with that. One of my guildmates over 300 levels truly fantastic. now I'm sure he had to go back and work on the quest and other things for the EOC. I would like to see them while they are working on that add any quest they can and release THE GRIMMNOR FOREST. I believe he said they were working on that. that would be great. they do a wonderful job :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: