420 replies to this topic

#361 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 13:44

Too cumbersome imo -- I forsee the casual inventor giving up and many potion brewers and bottles sellers also.

#362 hansenmv2

hansenmv2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 13:45

Can we have option for old AH ?

I'm looking forward to see system like this on Bp ,recall and equipping items/combat sets

Some of us woulda liked more heads up.

#363 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 13:49

Can we have option for old AH ?

I'm looking forward to see system like this on Bp ,recall and equipping items/combat sets

Please, if this is on the table, can we have it implemented on the test server first, so we can put you right without all this hassle in game!

#364 Wendy

Wendy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 13:56

i dont tend to post on the forums but i have to speak out on this auction fiasco

firstly why try and fix something that wasnt broke and has worked perfectly well for a long time ? surely your time would of been better spent on making new content or indeed fixing things that were broke? the wasted man hours doesnt make sense to me seeing as how your so stretched. Its not that i am ungrateful but for the love of god concentrate on what is needed otherwise more people are going to leave this game which i think would be so sad, and instead of wasting more time fixing this new auction house system just make it possible to use the old system if people want or get rid of the new system altogether and revert it back to how it was ?

#365 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:02

i dont tend to post on the forums but i have to speak out on this auction fiasco

firstly why try and fix something that wasnt broke and has worked perfectly well for a long time ? surely your time would of been better spent on making new content or indeed fixing things that were broke? the wasted man hours doesnt make sense to me seeing as how your so stretched. Its not that i am ungrateful but for the love of god concentrate on what is needed otherwise more people are going to leave this game which i think would be so sad, and instead of wasting more time fixing this new auction house system just make it possible to use the old system if people want or get rid of the new system altogether and revert it back to how it was ?

I believe this change was sparked by requests for a better AH search system. Whilst doing that the cows have tried to add the features we liked from the helper, so everyone could benefit from those (not everyone will or can use the helper). Laudable intentions, bad implementation. Should have been introduced on the test server to get it right before adding to the game. Coders not using the systems already in place have no way of understanding what is actually needed or even good for the game / ease of use / functionality :(

#366 fmedic

fmedic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:03

I have to agree. It was much easier to use on the old AH. There were a few minor glitches with it, but for the most part it worked well. I'm having more trouble with this new AH than I ever did on the old one. I'd like it back to the way it was.

#367 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:04

I think you'll find Zorg has fixed this issue.

you need to either add a min bid, current bid and buy now column or remove the bid from the current bid it gets confusing thinking something has been bid on when it hasn't.

Auctions with no bids now display a faded italic 'No Bids' message below the bid to make it clearer.

You may want to clear your cache or some such if it's not displaying.

yeah just seen problem for me the faded text is harder to see where as the current is bold and in ur face

#368 RobM

RobM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • South Africa

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:04

[quote name="Hoofmaster"][quote name="Scathian"][/quote]
The crafting text still looks blurry to me. Standard theme on chrome.

-edit- refreshed a couple times and it is better now, but it is still not especially nice to look read[/quote]

We just improved it :)[/quote]

yeah the craft under the items is like shadowed and is a ballache for my eyes to read. cant it just be plain text?

#369 Fnast Hesner

Fnast Hesner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:06

Auction house looks good.

Could we add the quick find items under the clear button??

Would love to have these back available.,.,

#370 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:10

Well, I do think the new AH system being ajaxified does make things faster and easier. The thing I would suggest is keep the old layout. why change it anyway? we have used that layout for YEARS and we are too used to it. I say just ajaxify the old layout and add more filters like you did. I know this would satisfy MANY people.

#371 lippsyl3

lippsyl3

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:25

Posted Image

Browser : Explorer

I see neither my auctions nor any auction for that matter, guildmate has the same issue and we both have gear about to run out.

None of the icons react

#372 hansenmv2

hansenmv2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:27

Looks nice to me but i need to be able to bulk sell stuff. I don't feel like putting 100 potions on the AH 1 by 1

+1

I LOVE PUTTING THINGS ON ONE AT A TIME... but - cant u add pretty roses around the edges????

#373 Lillanoth

Lillanoth

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:37

Auction house looks good.

Could we add the quick find items under the clear button??

Would love to have these back available.,.,

+1

#374 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:38

Looks nice to me but i need to be able to bulk sell stuff. I don't feel like putting 100 potions on the AH 1 by 1

+1

I LOVE PUTTING THINGS ON ONE AT A TIME... but - cant u add pretty roses around the edges????

you can bulk sell

#375 kylers

kylers

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:44

I am having some MAJOR troubles with the last update. The AH will not show anything or work at all while using internet Explorer. when i switch to google chrome, AH works, but i can not use the home button to veiw homepage..... it is a headace switching back and forth between Browsers to veiw home page & AH. please just help me befor i go crazzy!!! :?

#376 lippsyl3

lippsyl3

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:51

I am having some MAJOR troubles with the last update. The AH will not show anything or work at all while using internet Explorer. when i switch to google chrome, AH works, but i can not use the home button to veiw homepage..... it is a headace switching back and forth between Browsers to veiw home page & AH. please just help me befor i go crazzy!!! :?

Seems there is an issue with Explorer, same here

#377 moriah1

moriah1

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 14:59

2 items:

On the new Create Auction page, can we have the item displayed that you're creating.. have the mouse-over stats pop-up? Sometimes I forget which one I picked.. whether it is perfect.. ff... etc.

Next: In the BP, or indeed.. any of the double-clicking items... Can you put back the functionality that brought up the AH with the item clicked selected and displayed? Right now, it just brings you to the AH - generic page.

Thanks.. it is definitely getting better now! like the searches

#378 Scathian

Scathian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 15:12

In the FS wiki you can add a link onto an item's data page that will allow you to click that link and be taken to a search for said item in the Auction House of the game. This was not a helper function, this was something that existed long before the helper ever existed. This does not work anymore due to the new system you guys are using for the AH.

So when this gets fixed, it should be possible to do it in such a way that all the AH links in the wiki are fixed right? I have no idea how all that stuff works, but from looking at the edit page of an item it appears that the AH link in the item's wiki page was part of the template used to produce the wiki page and not something that had to be manually entered. It would kind of suck to have to update all the items on the wiki manually for something like that lol.

Thanks for all your hard work you guys :)

#379 EVAN420 247

EVAN420 247

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 October 2012 - 15:17

Love the new auction but being able to see my current gold amour decrease as I spend it would be great too

#380 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 October 2012 - 15:46

not working - enhancements ... eg. searching for items with 'glory seeker' shows only one item yet ive looked up items with that enhancement and there are some and should be coming up with that filter.

frustrating - bids dissappear if the buy now is met, before you could look in 'my bids' for example to double check what u paid if they havent already reached your mailbox. same goes with 'my auctions' they dissappear probably at that 10 second thing.

neat feature - locking the 'items per page' eg. if there was a check box net to it which said 'lock' you wouldnt have to keep changing it from 6 pages to whatever you like it at eg. 8 or 10 etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: