DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:19

Fix your fix, please.

1% chance is fine. If it results in more frequent Chomper Events, then everything is working as it ought to.

But, not all spine is available through chomper events ;) (I know, old record, but still a valid point)

If we have to have "niche" spine - can it be within it's own niche areas please ?

I.E. Hunting spine available through chomper events, arena spine from the arena, PvP spine from the ladder etc etc etc.

#22 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:08

Fix your fix, please.

1% chance is fine. If it results in more frequent Chomper Events, then everything is working as it ought to.

Don't mention "if", BG.
You guys are calling the shots here and the "if" makes me twitchy... :?
:mrgreen:

I just took a peek at a few crystalline items (Dusk, Dawn, Solar, Celestial, Electro and Tentacle) and currently they seem to be around 1-15 FSP for a random crafted, unforged item. The price is lower on the lower level items (1-4 FSP on Dusk and Dawn) and higher on the higher level items (10-15 FSP on Solar, Celestial, Electro and Tentacle).

This example is based on hunts around level 1000-EoC. I don't have enough recent experience with crystalline below that level to say much about it:
The durability is typically 160 points per item and with a 1% chance to get durability loss that would break every item after on average 16k creature kills. With big Doubler that would mean all items would break on average after 400k stamina. With normal skills/buffs/potions that should give people at level 1000-EoC around 125 levels before all crystalline breaks.
Items are currently worth around 10-15 FSP per item and people often use setups of Solar + Celestial or Celestial + Electro (at 1500 Celestial + Electro + Tentacle is possible). So in 125 levels it would break items worth 50 FSP in total (a bit more after level 1500 because of a third set).

The cost of forging and crafting these items are not taken into account in this example above.
It would be more expensive to hunt if you do forge and craft your items.

Crafting often gives a nice bonus on stats; the 4 sets mentioned (Solar, Celestial, Electro and Tentacle) have a maximum bonus of 95-120 on damage and 45-100 on the other stat, and the cost would be 5 FSP per item (if you settle for Excellent which is often just a few points below the max stats).
Hellforging these items would lead to bonuses of 75 per stat (Solar), 80 per stat (Celestial), 90 per stat (Electro) and 100 per stat (Tentacle) for a cost per item of ~32.1 FSP (Solar), ~34.4 FSP (Celestial), ~39.0 FSP (Electro) and ~43.2 FSP (Tentacle).

Personally I think I'd craft my items. It would cost 20 FSP for 2 sets so after 125 levels I'd have 'lost' 40-60 FSP from the items and 20 FSP from crafting. Having to pay 70 FSP so I can use crystalline for 125 levels seems ok. :wink:

But I wouldn't likely forge the items. After 125 levels I'd have lost an extra 146.8 FSP if I use 2 Celestial items + 2 Electro items, while the forge bonus is mediocre at best. Paying 216.8 FSP for 125 levels seems a bit too much to me. :roll:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#23 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:48

If i remember correctly, when it was implemented a limit of UB effect on crystalline (before this fix), the intention was a cap at UB at level 198, that is how it should be. If instead now it is 1% chance, its way too much.

#24 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:54

If i remember correctly, when it was implemented a limit of UB effect on crystalline (before this fix), the intention was a cap at UB at level 198, that is how it should be. If instead now it is 1% chance, its way too much.

Nope. The intention was to have a constant 1% chance of taking durability damage even if UB 200 is active.

#25 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:12

Nope. The intention was to have a constant 1% chance of taking durability damage even if UB 200 is active.

I cant find the old thread BG, i was pretty sure, i know that at 1% rate we will have to replave every guild crystalline set once a week (much more in lower levels and for players using D750). I know it wont happen. Even trying to optimistic, i cant see coming enough spine events to supply 52 sets per guild per year (and thats only for hunting items, all the other would sell for 1 gold at best, cause market would be flooded). I respect your decision, but UB198 is a much better choice (in low levels the choice will be simply to not use crystalline anymore).

#26 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:39

I cant find the old thread BG, i was pretty sure, i know that at 1% rate we will have to replave every guild crystalline set once a week (much more in lower levels and for players using D750). I know it wont happen. Even trying to optimistic, i cant see coming enough spine events to supply 52 sets per guild per year (and thats only for hunting items, all the other would sell for 1 gold at best, cause market would be flooded). I respect your decision, but UB198 is a much better choice (in low levels the choice will be simply to not use crystalline anymore).

UB198 is 99% of not taking damage, hence Ub200+ works on crystal as UB198 would - 1% of taking damage

#27 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:53

UB198 is 99% of not taking damage, hence Ub200+ works on crystal as UB198 would - 1% of taking damage

one of the bigger brains could probably correct me as i dont remember precisely but UB198 is 99% of preventing the 6% chance of taking durability loss.... regardless of if the change is rectified its a very big jump in durability loss.

#28 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:57

that math only works if there's a 100% chance to receive damage without UB active. this fix is in no way close to having a UB 198 active with crystal. don't even think the fix allows UB 175 work to it's full potential, now.

#29 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:59

one of the bigger brains could probably correct me as i dont remember precisely but UB198 is 99% of preventing the 6% chance of taking durability loss.... regardless of if the change is rectified its a very big jump in durability loss.

couldn't remember that the base was 6%. so yeah, it's like you're running with UB 167 for crystalline items. very far from UB 198.

#30 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:06

There is a huge difference between UB198 and 1% chance of taking damage

#31 alexlouis

alexlouis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:27

Fix your fix, please.

Don't mention "if", BG.
You guys are calling the shots here and the "if" makes me twitchy... :?
:mrgreen:

I just took a peek at a few crystalline items (Dusk, Dawn, Solar, Celestial, Electro and Tentacle) and currently they seem to be around 1-15 FSP for a random crafted, unforged item. The price is lower on the lower level items (1-4 FSP on Dusk and Dawn) and higher on the higher level items (10-15 FSP on Solar, Celestial, Electro and Tentacle).

This example is based on hunts around level 1000-EoC. I don't have enough recent experience with crystalline below that level to say much about it:
The durability is typically 160 points per item and with a 1% chance to get durability loss that would break every item after on average 16k creature kills. With big Doubler that would mean all items would break on average after 400k stamina. With normal skills/buffs/potions that should give people at level 1000-EoC around 125 levels before all crystalline breaks.
Items are currently worth around 10-15 FSP per item and people often use setups of Solar + Celestial or Celestial + Electro (at 1500 Celestial + Electro + Tentacle is possible). So in 125 levels it would break items worth 50 FSP in total (a bit more after level 1500 because of a third set).

The cost of forging and crafting these items are not taken into account in this example above.
It would be more expensive to hunt if you do forge and craft your items.

Crafting often gives a nice bonus on stats; the 4 sets mentioned (Solar, Celestial, Electro and Tentacle) have a maximum bonus of 95-120 on damage and 45-100 on the other stat, and the cost would be 5 FSP per item (if you settle for Excellent which is often just a few points below the max stats).
Hellforging these items would lead to bonuses of 75 per stat (Solar), 80 per stat (Celestial), 90 per stat (Electro) and 100 per stat (Tentacle) for a cost per item of ~32.1 FSP (Solar), ~34.4 FSP (Celestial), ~39.0 FSP (Electro) and ~43.2 FSP (Tentacle).

Personally I think I'd craft my items. It would cost 20 FSP for 2 sets so after 125 levels I'd have 'lost' 40-60 FSP from the items and 20 FSP from crafting. Having to pay 70 FSP so I can use crystalline for 125 levels seems ok. :wink:

But I wouldn't likely forge the items. After 125 levels I'd have lost an extra 146.8 FSP if I use 2 Celestial items + 2 Electro items, while the forge bonus is mediocre at best. Paying 216.8 FSP for 125 levels seems a bit too much to me. :roll:

2 birds with one stone: change hell forging and crafting to gold only. Huge gold sink will lower the marketplace and lower the cost of forging/crafting the replaced crystalline set.

#32 Odinsson

Odinsson

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 13:32

what about arena cystal gear like Volkers, are you going to have them in the arena a LOT more often? I still use Volkers in my hunts so its used for hundreds of lvls.

#33 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 August 2012 - 14:16

You're right. 1% chance of durability loss and UB198 are completely different.
An item normally has a 6% chance to take a durability hit. So this would be like hunting with UB167.

When it was initially announced I've tried to explain it in this post that HCS was quite vague as to how the update should work. Apparently it will work like option number 3.

Is it that every crystalline item has a 1% chance to get damaged in each combat?
Then for each crystalline item you are wearing it takes roughly 100 kills for it to take 1 durability loss.
If you wear 1 crystalline item it gets 1 point lost per roughly 100 kills.
If you wear 4 crystalline items they in total take 4 durability points in roughly 100 attacks.

In the third situation crystalline items take damage at the same rate regardless of how many you are wearing. On average you will lose 1-2 durability points per level per item.

what about arena cystal gear like Volkers, are you going to have them in the arena a LOT more often? I still use Volkers in my hunts so its used for hundreds of lvls.

In my opinion Volkers is a great set from level 710-949; and a good set from 950-1099. Shock Orc offers a decent replacement at level 950 (there is a setup that offers a bit less damage, but more defense and attack). At level 1100 the Celestial set replaces Volkers.

With a set that is important for 240/390 levels, I sure hope it becomes more available to replace the Volkers sets that get broken now. :roll:

edit:

2 birds with one stone: change hell forging and crafting to gold only. Huge gold sink will lower the marketplace and lower the cost of forging/crafting the replaced crystalline set.

The problem with gold only is that it won't sink any FSPs anymore. That would cause a lower income for HCS as less people will donate.
Also the cost of forging lower level items would be close to zero (4650 gold for a level 1 item), which probably isn't what we'd want to see. :roll:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#34 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 14:21

Absorb +0.1% per point chance that you will absorb 25% of the damage inflicted on you.

Does this mean less damage done to gear? Will it be effective for crystal gear if so?

#35 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 August 2012 - 14:27

Absorb +0.1% per point chance that you will absorb 25% of the damage inflicted on you.

Does this mean less damage done to gear? Will it be effective for crystal gear if so?

I'm pretty sure it only works on the stat Damage (how much HP it takes after Armor); not on durability. :wink:

Prophet    
Warrior  

#36 alexlouis

alexlouis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 14:46

The problem with gold only is that it won't sink any FSPs anymore. That would cause a lower income for HCS as less people will donate.
Also the cost of forging lower level items would be close to zero (4650 gold for a level 1 item), which probably isn't what we'd want to see. :roll:

I don't think players donate to get their items forged and crafted, so I doubt there would be much of a financial impact there.

Also R.I.P elaborate crystal set (level 950). There's no way players are going to pay the cost to replace it at this deterioration rate. They will turn to less effective but cheaper alternatives. Ladder players won't create it anymore since they won't get a fair price relative to the ladder tokens involved in its creation.

#37 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 15:03

You're right. 1% chance of durability loss and UB198 are completely different.
An item normally has a 6% chance to take a durability hit. So this would be like hunting with UB167.

I got severall potions of resilience in my backpack specially for hunts. Combined with distill its get up to 200 which is now back to 167? So why should i waste 2FSP in buying that potion when I also have the UB175 buff available?

Looks like the market for the potion of resilience will be dead after this update, i prefer to pay the small repairs and don't worry about getting that potion on time.

#38 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 15:13

this is an exact replay of what happened last time hcs fixed crystalline durability. it was obviously too extreme then, not sure that anything has changed. can we at least examine a compromise situation where instead of UB 198 or UB 167 being the max applicable skill levels, we look at UB 180 or 190?

#39 fs_ordermaker

fs_ordermaker
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 17:35

As usual no thought has been put into this before implementing it. The distil and resilience potions will be rendered useless (agree on that part) and the price of crystalines will drop and they will get used less. Some people will still use them, but prices will drop. Regular alternatives will be used, I know I will be one who will do that. HCS had better reset this patch and think of this first. At least have a poll and see what people think about this. I liked the UB200 pots when they were here, then you changed it to UB190 plus Distil. OK, still acceptable. But not anymore acceptable when you put the option of crystaline breaking anyways. Especially when you hunt with multiple crystaline sets like me. Sorry to have to put it, but you mishit the target by a mile, once more.
I would advise to go back to the old drawingboard.

#40 Eleonora2

Eleonora2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 18:23

Fixed an issue with the Unbreakable skill whereby it would still protect Crystalline items when activated at level 200+ (Crystalline items always have at least a 1% chance to lose durability during combat).

How does this explain my crystal gear taking double the damage it did before? I'm using only UB175.

At this rate of wear i cannot afford crystal gear and my leveling would slow to a crawl unless chomper events get much much more frequent.

Please stop fixing things that need no fixing :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: