Photo

Does it worth forging any item over level 500?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Dark Developer

Dark Developer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:40

Level 9000 items are going to have good HF bonuses. If my math is right it will increase the stats by 0.052777% omg!?!?!??!!??!! amazing!

#22 Dark Archon

Dark Archon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:42

Well it used to be 50 FSP per item to get a whopping +6 stat points to each stat.

Then it used to be 10 FSP plus a gold fee to get +50 stat points spread around the whole item.

Now for the same price you get +100 stat points spread around the whole item (at level 500) for the same cost as the +50 would have taken. 50 more points per each item. So now it is like forging 2 items per the price of 1.

So versus the old hellforge I'd say it is worth it.

Here is a page which contains the text of the original suggestion I made which became the current hellforge system:
http://d4rk4rch0n.aw.../hellForge.html

I just wish the thread still existed so you could see the replies.

The goal of the hell forge isn't really to make you able to 1 hit every level. That would just make the game too easy and throw off all balance between item stats and monster stats.

You sort of forget the cost of gold in this equation...

No, I didn't, but thanks for thinking I did :)

Well it used to be 50 FSP per item to get a whopping +6 stat points to each stat.

Then it used to be 10 FSP plus a gold fee to get +50 stat points spread around the whole item.

Now for the same price you get +100 stat points spread around the whole item (at level 500) for the same cost as the +50 would have taken. 50 more points per each item. So now it is like forging 2 items per the price of 1.

So versus the old hellforge I'd say it is worth it.

Here is a page which contains the text of the original suggestion I made which became the current hellforge system:
http://d4rk4rch0n.aw.../hellForge.html

I just wish the thread still existed so you could see the replies.

The goal of the hell forge isn't really to make you able to 1 hit every level. That would just make the game too easy and throw off all balance between item stats and monster stats.

I don't think the original post was saying that the stats needed to be increased, I believe the point was that the higher the level of the item, the higher the cost in gold to forge it. And if the price keeps going up as much as it does, there has to be a point when it would not be worth the cost for the forging. Which, in my opinion, has already happened. Every little bit helps when hunting, but the price is getting higher and higher.

Thanks for assuming what I was getting at. But no, I was not saying this thread said it was. I was comparing Hell Forge prices from after the first nerf to now.

Initially the hell forge was +10% of items stats per forge level at 10 FSP per level of forging, but that system was nerfed down to the first system I brought up in my post. The cows said that system will never come back... I tried asking them if they could do a +2% per forge level, resulting in +10% for a max forged item, but they said no, hence why I suggested what I suggested when I suggested it. I gotta say though. 100 stat points does not seem like a bad deal to me.

#23 fs_ecofrog

fs_ecofrog
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:12

any way we could turn this into a brutal argument? im bored

Vanul backwards is lunav... Ha

#24 Dark Developer

Dark Developer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:33

Your such a newb lulz

#25 fs_tawniteamo

fs_tawniteamo
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:37

Your such a newb lulz

ECOFROG says: guh I'm such a noob <---- its true! (yea Eco, thats still in my notepad :P)

#26 fs_narex

fs_narex
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:00

I liked the equation with the log in it best from the HF thread DA referenced.

Rather than a static 50 points for max forge, it took a log function of the item's level. So it would give a static % based on the level, but it didn't suffer frm the law of diminishing returns the way the current system does.

#27 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 19:53

2Fsp and 936k for the Last Forge on my Crushing Fist Ring :(

That is massive and I haven't forged the rest or the Argus set yet :(

#28 fs_tife

fs_tife
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 22:06

Forgeing is expensive at higher levels. But goldsinks which affect high level players is what the game needs. Also I don't think it's not worth it: It often or almost always makes the difference between CA72, CA36 or no CA. In other words it may save me up to 18% of my stamina.
I think the argument "you can get the same bonus with buffs" is not a valid one: of course I use both, buffs and forged equipment.
Of course you have to share gear in your guild to make it worth it

#29 fs_coyotik

fs_coyotik
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 22:50

Only way I could see that being justified if its going on equipment that the whole guild uses.

That was always the case, wasn't it? Forging some low-level crap when 10 FSP alone was a huge fortune wasn't exactly a single-player success recipe.

The price is getting way out of hand on forging, I don't think the forging should be worth more than the price of the item itself.

Since worth of the item itself is determined by the market, this may happen quite often.

Plus, anyway, price of forging may be getting "way out of hand", but so is player income.

How many bits of gear do you really need to forge? I think that between level 400 and 535, I only used about 35-40 items in total.
(Argus 5, Brides 3, Trillsarin 9, Doth 2, MoM 3, maybe 3 different rings, sphynx helmet, two runes, two amulets, maybe a little more).

That's on average one new item per 3 levels. I think that with just two players levelling once a week, we'd raise enough net profit to forge all the stuff we need.

Yes, it's tough if you plan to play solo, but it's incredibly easy when you play in just about any decent guild. With 10 players on your level, the impact on each one would be barely noticeable...

Edit:
At level 500, going fully forged gives you about 900 extra points, which is almost one step in CA. For me, that's about half a level every week, about the same as the bloody XP gain that cost me so much :).

#30 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:59

I quit forging things a long time ago because it wasn't worth the cost anymore, and didn't make enough difference in my stats. 2-hitting is 2-hitting no matter how many pretty yellow dots your equipment has.

Well i hope you know that you can 1 hit..lol.. I have been 1 hitting ever since CA + DD + SSI came out :-)

#31 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:32

from 1200000 gold ( at level 500 ) at 1440000 gold ( at level 600 )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: