Photo

Old Arena System ( 2008 Style ) + Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Poll: Old Arena System ( gold + item tournaments ) (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the Old Arena System to be brought back to FS?

1. Yes! I tell you... (27 votes [79.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.41%

2. No! Let me tell you why... (4 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

3. I have never experienced the Gold and Item tournaments... (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 21:37

I miss the old days of the arena... frantically checking for new tournaments every 15 minutes and hoping to join in time to win that awesome prize... or that 1 mil gold that would go directly into your bank... used to be so much fun... i was beyond addicted!!! but now im lucky if i join 12 tournaments in a week... tournies take forever to fill... nobody seems to care anymore and there is basically no profit to be made (which no matter what people will tell u always played a factor in things)... and the tokens have become useless because all the items that can be bought with them are now SUPER CHEAP... except to exchange for gold which is boring and isnt the same as winning a gold tournament and having it go right to your bank (for of us that only have 1 deposit a day)... im not really sure what can be done to fix any or all of the issues with the arena but its sad to see what it has come to.... 

#22 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 22:51

The principle idea of the arena tokens was good, as proposed by shindrak way back when. But something went wrong in the implementation. Also, I believe the gold tournaments were proposed to stay though.

Exactly.. my idea proposed to be additional little reward of tokens only for semi or final losers but instead the change was huge from HC's...

Edited by shindrak, 04 March 2015 - 22:52.

#23 akewlname

akewlname

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 04 March 2015 - 23:11

Arena tokens are pretty dumb. It's made attending arenas hardly profitable at all. The first 2nd and 3rd place system further decreases the profitability of the new arena system. What I propose is bring back the old arena system and make it so only 1st and 2nd place gets prizes. 

In general it's been getting harder and harder to make money in game. LE items are hardly worth hunting for anymore and all the epic prices have plummeted. There's not much to do in the game anymore in general to be honest. I'm only here for friends and stealing other people's gold ;)

#24 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:50

Don't know why HCS decided to go with Tokens Rewards all the way, but you guys need to accept that the attempt ruined the Arena, now it's time to move on and try again.

I know you all are thinking "but we can't erase tokens for those who already have them", and I agree, but you can't leave Arena that terrible and do nothing about it.

My idea about how to fix the Arena trying to save both sides (dislikers and those sitting up on a lot of tokens).

Change Arena to the old way, but giving 3 kinds of prizes:
1 - Gold
2 - Items/Resources/Potions/etc
3 - Arena Tokens

Rewards players with tokens for final losses (8 players) and Final and semi final losses (16 players).

The Tokens Shop:
- Keep the option to exchange 1 Token for 4.000 Gold.
- I really would like to see a way to obtain the same (or almost the same) potions of Composing, but using Arena Tokens, for sure they will cost a lot, but players who hate Composing can grab their own big pots and not stay behind (bound for sure).
- Keep the Special Potions, EW1000, WIT350, BER300 and things like that.

Give 1 week notice so players can spend their tokens stocking up whatever they want and there it is, a new and good to play Arena.

#25 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:03

1 - Gold
3 - Arena Tokens

3 - the tokens could be used for upgrading the character?

so, say, for instance:

- 500 tokens for +10 max stam

- 100 tokens for +25 XP gain per hour

- 100 tokens for +10 gold gain per hour

- 200 tokens for +1 stamina gain per hour

- 200 tokens for +1 Max Allies

That could get the community moving! :D

-and it would get new players involved in it early on in the game!

#26 WYB

WYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:30

1 - Gold
3 - Arena Tokens

This is exactly what I meant with combining the two system :)

#27 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:04

This is exactly what I meant with combining the two system :)

I agree.

New potions, gear, resources, etc - mixed in with gold prizes to the winner, and tokens to the runner up. I think this is the track the arena needs to go on. 

New gear suggestions...I'm sure HCS will get plenty from folks way smarter than me. But, I'd like to see a variety of 2-3 item sets, with a stat other than damage. Damage is nice, but there's so much of it already. 

#28 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 15:26

The principle idea of the arena tokens was good, as proposed by shindrak way back when. But something went wrong in the implementation. Also, I believe the gold tournaments were proposed to stay though.

yep...tokens were to be consolation prizes if you did not win the arena for the prize or gold..then save many many of them to buy a prize..something happened..and now seems we are stuck with it..seems the cows are not listening to  us players on this one..vote seems pretty one-sided..so why the denial ? yes we are still technecially playing for gold..but it sure does not feel like it..no fun anymore in arena..playing for random prizes was fun...like someone else said...you would be waiting on edge for that great prize in your level range to pop up...they would fill fast...yes it died off and why we have tokens...but it sure seemed a lot more fun...please bring back something different for arena...what we have now does not cut it..

#29 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 22:45

so, say, for instance:

I like it !

#30 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 March 2015 - 23:55

so, say, for instance:

This has the Pennah seal of approval :)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#31 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2015 - 00:10

Max Stam / XP Gain per Hour / Gold Gain per Hour and Max Allies ? - Sure, why not ..

Stam Gain per hour ? - NO

Heck, even I, with my paltry amount of tokens, could add 18 to my stam gain ... those sitting on 10's of thousands could add MASSIVE amounts of regen ..

Stamina Regen upgrades are meant to be expensive / hard to achieve ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#32 WYB

WYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 00:11

so, say, for instance:

this will definitely attract more players, but i feel like the amount of tokens in your exemple for the upgrades are too low imo. 100 tokens are very easy to get. But the idea is nice :)

Edited by WYB, 06 March 2015 - 00:11.

#33 JackSpring

JackSpring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 00:32

I loved the old Gold contests.  I also hate the 25% rule.  First come, first serve. I think a combination of gold contests and tokens along with some new prizes for the tokens.

#34 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:11

so, say, for instance:

I stink at arena but had to comment on this... The rates you suggest kinda work out like this based on a big assumption I am making...

Assumption: if you were to manipulate the system and bought every slot in a tournament and had various people join where you paid the entry fee for all (and had them all send you the tokens won).

The cost do this exploit would be 10k gold per token.

Assuming 200k/fsp

500 tokens = 25 fsp

100 tokens = 5 fsp

200 tokens = 10 fsp

5 fsp for XP gain and 10 fsp for stam gain?

#35 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:34

I stink at arena but had to comment on this... The rates you suggest kinda work out like this based on a big assumption I am making...

Assumption: if you were to manipulate the system and bought every slot in a tournament and had various people join where you paid the entry fee for all (and had them all send you the tokens won).

The cost do this exploit would be 10k gold per token.

Assuming 200k/fsp

500 tokens = 25 fsp

100 tokens = 5 fsp

200 tokens = 10 fsp

5 fsp for XP gain and 10 fsp for stam gain?

The prices are not very accurate yet, need work on for sure, but we are talking about the idea as a concept.

If the idea gets an approval we can start to think about prices.

#36 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 15:18

so, say, for instance:

yes yes yes..i have said many times..make it somehow that upgrades and/or little bits of reserve stamina could be won in arena..and it would get the community back playing..this is what is needed...besides more tourneys since we now have only 60 tourneys for 2700 levels..slim pickings..

#37 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:31

so, say, for instance:

other players wanting get tokens for uprading the character on ladder but admin saying no

if admin changing his mind then can be good for arena and ladder but NO for +1 stamina gain per hour for areana and ladder

and you need increse token needed to buy upgrades because 100 tokens for +25 XP gain per hour is very cheap

if taking 200 tokens for +1 Max Allies is under character upgrading 5 FSP as base

then 100 tokens for +25 XP gain per hour is under character upgrading 15 FSP, I thinking is very cheap, it should be 600 tokens for +25 XP gain per hour

#38 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 14:28

bump...please cows listen to your player base on this issue..tokens for gold is bad..playing for just tokens is bad..bring back the gold and prizes..and have tokens as consolation prizes..and change the whole token pricing system..not having enough tourneys to join is bad...having tournys take days to fill is bad..hoof please answer this
  • WYB likes this

#39 w3s4rhy

w3s4rhy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 22:28

I'd also appreciate it if you could implement more lower level arenas, I used to be semi active just so I could play the arena but now i don't even log on because I know that there will be at most 2 lvl 1-200 arenas available at a time and theres no point in me even logging on.

#40 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 17:54

I'd also appreciate it if you could implement more lower level arenas, I used to be semi active just so I could play the arena but now i don't even log on because I know that there will be at most 2 lvl 1-200 arenas available at a time and theres no point in me even logging on.

i keep trying to get a cow to notice this..months later still nothing..i am same way..used to be very active arena player..now check in 1-2 times a day for crumbs..nothing to join...nothing to do..watch the stam grow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: