Vampires of Stratos III - The Vampire Wars (signup)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 gothador_fornicanus

gothador_fornicanus
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:41

sign me up for this one since i missed the last one

#22 Songwoven

Songwoven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:06

Ooh, why not, I'll play another round, had fun the first one ;-)

#23 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:41

Count me in Seph!!

*player since #1 VoS game*

*Take the necro out...or at last remember that "Dust" can't talk
*Take the priest convertion off...not fun to have so many characters protected to be converted...there are evil priest and good priest...so have that in mind
*In any way of comunication after u are dead with a non dead player should be count as a penalty to the other team *good or evil* like passing information u get out of the game for a player. Play fair ppl

if i come up with more i will post them

Meh, I don't really agree with your points. The necro was a very valuable tool for us, and dust can talk. They should be able to. Remember, the necro can be used against us just as much as for us.

As for the idea of the priest, his role was like that of the monk, except he didn't have holy water, he could bring one person back. Again, one that is supposedly holy should not be convertable. (sounds like a car, huh?)

As for your last part, I don't think any of that happened. Once people died, they communicated with either dead people or with the necro which is fair. The necro was used to pass messages to the other players of the game, which is what he was created for.

I think the last game was very well played. We did have a lot of new people, and a lot of new roles to get accustomed to. For the most part, vamps and humans alike did "play fair" as you say.

Now there were a lot of tactics used, but I'll use the old game thread to go over those. I think they were great, from both sides.

#24 ROXATHA

ROXATHA

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Spain

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:17

well he said "write ur coments and suggestions" so those are mine...*yes mine* and no mamori I'm not bitter...

But as I will like to say as my point of view..Ok dead can talk to dead...but maybe dead is just talking about the game as no more player...like telling stuffs that happend when he was playing...and the other dead use that ooc info in IC advance...that shouldn't be allow.

Necro: yes a good weapon for humans...but what about the vamps..they don't have anything in favor, no one helps them out...humans have: angel, guardian, assasin, priest, mayor, cowboys, seer, etc etc...and vampires only have 1 time convertion power...so much for human...so easy to get vamps...

Then the priest/monk is actually the Witch doctor in 1...so go back to that one. 1 vial to safe 1 vial to kill...

and again DUST CAN'T talk...or have u see dust talking in ur house?????

#25 mamori

mamori

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:35

well, MY dust talks to ME :shock:

#26 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:41

well he said "write ur coments and suggestions" so those are mine...*yes mine* and no mamori I'm not bitter...

But as I will like to say as my point of view..Ok dead can talk to dead...but maybe dead is just talking about the game as no more player...like telling stuffs that happend when he was playing...and the other dead use that ooc info in IC advance...that shouldn't be allow.

Then the priest/monk is actually the Witch doctor in 1...so go back to that one. 1 vial to safe 1 vial to kill...

See many dead people talk in your house?

And yes, you are welcome to your views, and we're welcome to disagree too. Was it a game play that was allowed? Yes. I checked it out first. And honestly, I don't know why it shouldn't be allowed. I think if it was that much of a concern for the vamps, then they should have killed the necro before killing the priest. It is the job of the vamps to take away every sigle advantage that the humans might have. I'm still puzzled as to why you guys didn't kill him. Especially after Seph's pointing out that the dead can still talk to the dead.

Honestly, after we had decided to use the advantage of being dead, we already knew who the vamps were. We knew you were a vamp and that Kayla was the master before Aero died. We didn't get any info from anyone that was dead that we didn't already have.

Well, except Aero who told me when you were converted but you had already died by that time, and it was more out of curiosity than anything else. lol

I like the priest as he is personally. We already have the assassin that can take out an extra human when they go. If we had too many extra roles that could also kill, then the vamps would not have lasted nearly as long. We find a vamp, "witch doctor" kills the vamp. Next day, we purposely lynch the assisn, she takes out another vamp.

I do think that the vamps need some help, especially when there we so many first time players as vamps. (I think.... if I recall correctly anyway.) That is one reason I suggested the traitor role. Gives them somebody else that can get that extra information and won't be a much of a loss to them if that person got lynched.

#27 gothador_chaotix

gothador_chaotix
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:48

I'm in.

#28 Kayla

Kayla

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:53

I can see both POV's, seeing which side of the fence I was on.

Our most difficult obstacle was the triangle of the angel, seer and priest.
Who did we take out first? The priest or seer who could be protected by the angel, the seer, who could later talk to the necro with his last seeings or seer or angel, who could be brought back by the priest!!! It was a difficult dilemma, hence we eventually went for the priest, but tried to allow in between time to lessen suspicion. Also the priest and angel were protected from conversion!!!!! Apart from the bad luck we had at the beginning, this was definately the hardest thing to work around and at the end of the day, what we did didn't work.

We also had to try get the assassin out of the way as soon as possible so less chance of her hitting a vampire! But the triangle thing dragged on soooo long that we didn't stand a chance!

The necro was more of an annoyance than anything as after all, the dead can lie should they choose, but of course only the vampires would choose to do so(less the necro was a vampire!). Unfortunately our vamps were way to honest for their own goods!!

The elf would have been a big problem, but poor old Torix wasn't around much, and the guardian was just funny (and sure confused everyone it seemed. There was a theory that Tomtom was the guardian due to certain patterns!!)

I'm sitting this one out, due to expectations of the time, hee hee, though I want to know what roles Seph comes up with and perhaps I can bully Seph into making the rp bit more interesting ;) (Not that any PLAYERS let it down in the slightest!!!)

#29 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 13:46

Take out priest, then seer, then necro. Blame it on the angel. ;)

#30 Cynyth

Cynyth

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 15:49

Can't have better luck next time if there is no next time, so once again my hat goes in.

#31 gothador_wistomaniac

gothador_wistomaniac
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 16:34

I'm in!

#32 gothador_grimgrot

gothador_grimgrot
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 17:15

sign me up aswell

#33 gothador_maniaxe

gothador_maniaxe
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 17:21

Put me down for another round

#34 gothador_sephidroth

gothador_sephidroth
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 20:06

If anyone still wants to signup, there is time - I'll most likely start the game tomorrow morning (23 people already!)

#35 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 20:13

Seph, the more humans there are, the less of a chance the vamps have at winning if not properly proportioned. Maybe 1/4 to 1/5 of the players should be vamps, or various other bad guys?

#36 gothador_ghosten

gothador_ghosten
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 20:16

I'm in.

#37 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 20:48

Whoever gets to be Cupid, do me a favor please?

TomTom and Chaotix miss the love they once shared so very much. Take pity on them, and pair them up so that they may be lovers once again. :wink:

#38 gothador_nakeddoor

gothador_nakeddoor
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 21:49

Sign me up please. :D

#39 gothador_ayla

gothador_ayla
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 21:54

Yay! My favorite Naked Door! \o/

I do suggest for anyone that hasn't played to go and read the last game thread, as well as the rp thread. In the last game thread, we talk about some tactics that worked, and some that didn't. You guys will get a lot of really great ideas of your own just from reading that.

#40 gothador_purgatorix

gothador_purgatorix
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 23:05

Well, as Kayla mentioned, I just couldn't be around enough to really get into the game as much as I would've liked. While I enjoyed it, I think I'll sit this one out (being w/o an IM system of some kind rather sucks when all the plotting is happening off the forums!)

Happy hunting! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: