#21 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:51

So I was using Chrome version 32.0.1700.72. Seems that this happens to be a beta version. Reverted to version 31.0.1650.63. No issues yet. We'll see how it goes. 

Never had this problem using "Version 31.0.1650.63 m" until I read the thread - and then, I do a mouse-over and ... CRASH LOL.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#22 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:53

Never had this problem using "Version 31.0.1650.63 m" until I read the thread - and then, I do a mouse-over and ... CRASH LOL.

that's what you get for using chrome!

</Mister Doom>

#23 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:56

</Mister Doom>

<_< Funny.

For the record, the current versions of Chrome are:
33.0.1750.22 - Dev
32.0.1700.72 - Beta
31.0.1650.63 - Stable

Edited by cyrus7, 13 January 2014 - 09:58.

#24 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:18

</Mister Doom>

Ha!! (funny but also true)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#25 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 13:28

Was having the same issue and just switched over to FF for the time being.

#26 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2014 - 16:25

Every ticket I've received regarding this has been from players using the Beta version of Chrome. Sounds very much like that is the issue.

~ Grim

#27 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2014 - 17:26

Every ticket I've received regarding this has been from players using the Beta version of Chrome. Sounds very much like that is the issue.

~ Grim

Except for this one:

For the record, the current versions of Chrome are:

33.0.1750.22 - Dev
32.0.1700.72 - Beta
31.0.1650.63 - Stable

#28 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 January 2014 - 17:59

~ Grim

Was gonna say I'm on the release version, but Cyrus just quoted me above to point that out ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#29 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 18:16

Yeah, I'm using the stable version of Chrome also and I've been having problems. I just thought it was my pc at first. But FS is the only site I have any trouble with.

#30 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:28

Just suck it up and use FF i know its terrible but just do it. Its the quickest fix LOL.

#31 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:42

Now I'm using the 31.0.1650.63 and everything is fine. Not even a single crash on the last day.

#32 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:13

Was gonna say I'm on the release version, but Cyrus just quoted me above to point that out ...

Well, don't you have to go and be difficult! ;)

#33 Thriceborn

Thriceborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:18

People need to be aware if they choose to use a beta version of a browser, they may run into issues which will not be supported by HCS (as per their previous responses with Beta issues).

Apparently, my Chrome decided to update itself to this beta version without my permission or knowledge (I had to look up the version just now to find out). I certainly didn't choose it.

#34 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:33

I'm currently using 32.0.1700.76 beta-m and have not been able to replicate this issue.

#35 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:38

I'm currently using 32.0.1700.76 beta-m and have not been able to replicate this issue.

Hoof's using the beta version? *gasp!*  :P 

On a serious note, you might not be able to replicate it right away by doing just a few mouse-overs. However, those of us who are sitting here doing tons of them (comparing gear in backpack, creating auctions, etc.) get the crashes many many many times a day. It's quite frustrating.

#36 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:51

Apparently, my Chrome decided to update itself to this beta version without my permission or knowledge (I had to look up the version just now to find out). I certainly didn't choose it.

Same thing to me. I needed to uninstall Chrome and reinstal with the 31.x version.

Hoof's using the beta version? *gasp!*   :P

On a serious note, you might not be able to replicate it right away by doing just a few mouse-overs. However, those of us who are sitting here doing tons of them (comparing gear in backpack, creating auctions, etc.) get the crashes many many many times a day. It's quite frustrating.

I noticed the problem was more frequent when I was using the Flash Player on more tabs, such as YouTube. Don't know if that is just an coincidence.

#37 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 January 2014 - 18:37

Well, don't you have to go and be difficult! ;)

It's only happened once - and only after I read the thread - since then, it's been behaving itself again ..

#38 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:36

Now my Chrome updated to 32.x M without futher notice and I'm crashing again ¬¬

#39 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:11

Now my Chrome updated to 32.x M without futher notice and I'm crashing again ¬¬

Google has pushed 32 to stable now.
The current versions of Chrome are:
33.0.1750.29 - Dev
32.0.1700.76 - Beta
32.0.1700.76 - Stable

Note: Yes, Beta and Stable show the same version number now. They will likely raise the version numbers of Dev and Beta soon, as version 32 was just promoted to Stable on 14-Jan.

#40 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:33

Hoof, since Chrome 32.x is a stable version now, can you help us find the problem?

I know that don't looks like an error on HCS end, but any help is welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: