• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Dakkon26

Dakkon26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 15:09

I have the Android one but find I seldom use it because there is not much you can do with it thus far.

Have you been testing with adding features, or is it more a priority to get the base version running across all platforms first?

Coming from the perspective of someone that is not able to use the App yet (damn you Apple {blasphemy}) I would like to see it on all possible platforms before additions are made.

Bug fixes are another thing though

Coming from a perspective of having it, I think you know which way my vote would go. I do understand if they work on the platforms first though. :wink:

#22 Lamium

Lamium

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 14:37

Hi guys, the app has now taken an unexpected turn and we have now decided to write the app in the platforms native language.

We had already submitted builds for the Windows Phone version and Apple version of the app and both were rejected for various reasons, mainly due to the combination of jQuery Mobile UI and PhoneGap being too slow to respond on phone handsets.

I've already begun work on the Android Native version, working with the Android SDK in Java and things are coming along nicely and there are already vast improvments in speed so Hoof and I have decided that Native development is definitely the way to go.

Unfortunately, this does mean that the FS App will take a little bit longer and there will be longer periods of waiting between each platform release but it will be much more worth it.

On the native versions of the app, I will try and add some new functionality so that the people on Android aren't just getting the same app again, just faster.

We apologise for the extra delay but we believe the benefits will be worth it :mrgreen:
~ Web Developer
Richard 'Lamium' Logan-Baker | Steam | Facebook

#23 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 02 August 2012 - 14:43

I personally prefer to wait longer for better results, so by all means continue 8)

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#24 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 19:41

I can already do most anything except hunt on my Android phone. The app is nice and convenient, but not overly useful.

I am 1000% behind any effort to make the eventual app more useful and faster. :-)

When I try to play on my iPad hunting is completely impossible, and even setting auctions or changing gear can be quite tedious. A fast-link similar to the one in the FSHelper would be a wonderful addition and I seriously doubt anyone would complain in the greater community. As it is now, every tap simply gives me the mini-window and that nearly obscures the actual item or button I wanted to manipulate. It means everything is two-clicks from any movement (slow), and buffing is equally tedious.

Just offering some insight.

#25 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:20

Untill the app can do something other than log into fs and log out I see little point in using it.However On one of my androids I can login and play the game almost as normal and buff from that page .So from now on I will just use the "normal" version.

#26 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 14:23

Android user here; just wondering if any other applications are going to be added to the app.

Buffing?
Full AH?
Friends List (or Enemy)?
PvP/GvG?
Posted Image

#27 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 19 December 2012 - 17:21

I simply can't describe how eager I am for this release. Not only for me to get it, but for us to start seeing lots of new players joining. FS players, when this comes out, make sure you give good feedback and 5 star rating for the app so we get new players joining.

#28 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 19:51

.............On one of my androids I can login and play the game almost as normal and buff from that page .............

I'm jealous.

:| :|
Posted Image

#29 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:38

We've just posted up some info on the upcoming new mobile interface for the game :)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108511

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: