Photo

Fallen Sword Chat

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this something you would like to see added to the game? (218 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this something you would like to see added to the game?

1. Voted Yes (166 votes [76.15%])

Percentage of vote: 76.15%

2. Voted No (52 votes [23.85%])

Percentage of vote: 23.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 gvderzee

gvderzee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:21

Only if it is moderated. I left a different game that I enjoyed simply because the game-wide chat was full of racism, sexism and hatred that went totally unchecked.

#22 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:21

Would be great addition :D would like to see other chat abilities, and features in the future. * wink *

#23 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:23

Only if it is moderated. I left a different game that I enjoyed simply because the game-wide chat was full of racism, sexism and hatred that went totally unchecked.

Well all of the above for-mentioned things are against the tos and could lead to character termination for such comments.

#24 fs_harvey888

fs_harvey888
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:23

can you report messages too so there is no swearing or violance or rude things on there

#25 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:24

of course have the ignore feature apply to world chat. to avoid any issues

#26 Flashcash

Flashcash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:25

So no one is going to use fs box to sell things they are going to use the chat and spam so please make rules about it

#27 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:26

Just as long as it doesn't become full of spam, hate messages, etc. its a great way to improve the community aspect of the game and keep people around.

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

#28 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:27

So no one is going to use fs box to sell things they are going to use the chat and spam so please make rules about it

i disagree. not saying it wont happen im sure it will but yes rules and/or guidelines will be needed

having a feature to disable world chat should also be implemented with it

#29 mimdala

mimdala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:27

Definitely NOT... make them continue to pay in the FSBox to spam their silly stuff... hey... I pay 1 FSP for my silly stuff and don't mind, lol.

Translation of the above... yeah, I know I can turn the FSBox off... please don't create another one that is FREE...

Hadn't thought of that...maybe make it so that player advertising spam isn't allowed. I agree that it should be restricted to FSBox

mimdala_zps719aa5bc.png

#30 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:28

Could we have an option to disable it in preferences? I for instance have no use for something like this and would prefer not to see all the stuff others wish to say in it. :)

#31 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:30

Could we have an option to disable it in preferences? I for instance have no use for something like this and would prefer not to see all the stuff others wish to say in it.

+1

#32 luke1976

luke1976

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:31

I think the Map mayn't be the right place

A separate page for the chat room would be great :)

Public & private chat rooms need to be made available for all sorts of conversation

I agree

#33 jzaz

jzaz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:33

Sounds good :) but it would probably defeat the purpose of the fsbox

#34 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:35

I really do think 1 global public chat is a recipe for disasters. Yes I meant it to be plural. Scammers, Beggars, Offensive nature of comments, Offensive Language. The list will go on.

Private chat rooms that can go beyond a specific guild? definetly.

Monthly in-game chats to discuss game direction? Heavily moderated but definetly.

Public chat rooms that can be joined? Yes if you dont like a specific room try another. This will also be good for people who speak another language

1 singular worldwide chat is asking for trouble

#35 tyskersejt

tyskersejt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:36

Public & private chat rooms need to be made available for all sorts of conversation

I agree

Me too. Some separate chat room would be great :)

#36 godshandz

godshandz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:48

YES add online chat menu. thanks. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES ADD CHAT

#37 godshandz

godshandz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:51

I agree

Me too. Some separate chat room would be great :)[/quote

i think the chat should be placed to the left

#38 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:53

+1 on this. If/when I want to participate I can by going to a designated page/link but otherwise I don't want to be distracted by a bunch of meaningless dribble while I'm trying to focus on something else.

#39 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:57

If it creates so much as 1 nano seconds extra page load time then its a hell NO from me.

#40 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 19:59

don't think it should be on the Map page, but where/how it is with ss2's global chat..give the ability to disable and position it. also let me choose how many lines i want to see as a whole.

a spam filter should be used. i should only be able to send a message every 10+ seconds.

add a report message button that lets me choose which type of report i want to put it under. IE spam, negativity, bullying, swearing, illegal operations, etc..after reporting, message is deleted from personal, not global view.

after a certain number of reports on your messages, you should be banned from world chat for a X amount of hours/days. BUT this could be abused by players who just want to hate/pick on another player and get them banned from using this, so this suggestion is a bit iffy in my book.

i also would like to see an Area chat for each area/realm/island as a whole. think this would make it more active than SS2's local com where each chat is for each level. spreading it out over the whole area/realm would be best. BUT unlike SS2's version, let me disable this.

as said earlier in this thread, i don't want this chat to ruin the map's performance. the new map already takes up a lot of the cpu's usage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: