63 replies to this topic

#21 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 00:06

I doubt I could build the stam fast enough to qualify for any top tier in any GE, ever.  

If that turned out to be the case, why  bother?

Even if the frag GE is the only one they raised that would hurt me, because I compose most all my own pots. 

I still need these frag events.

#22 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 00:17

in this case I think it's already high enough. I clearly think that's evident with the results from the last one. To tell the truth I argued with a guild mate the last time this event came out. He was saying everyone should do the Global so he could get the rewards. I told him I was sitting on enough frags. Because I can't get to a computer. I have not been able to level in over two weeks. so yes I have already quit this event without even starting.

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 April 2016 - 00:25

I doubt I could build the stam fast enough to qualify for any top tier in any GE, ever.  

If that turned out to be the case, why  bother?

Even if the frag GE is the only one they raised that would hurt me, because I compose most all my own pots. 

I still need these frag events.

Colour me still confused.

15k kills with your stamina, over a 5 day period is achievable IF YOU WANT IT TO BE.

And, even if you don't make the highest personal tier, then the rewards for the tier below aren't that much short - so to say "I make the top tier (for personal kills) or I don't bother" seems ... well, insert whatever word you want here ...

Personally, I think the fragment GE's are happening too frequently now - and, as such, fragments gained from previous events haven't been used up and thus the willingness to participate is lowered.

So, rather than add an epic pot to the list of rewards, just make them less frequent (and this would hurt me, 'cos I AM still composing and go thru a heck of a lot of common fragments in doing so)

I wonder if this event has been thrown out this weekend, given the last time it was out was only 2 months ago,  is because content has fallen behind schedule again ?

Edited by Pardoux, 17 April 2016 - 08:21.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 00:27

That sucks, I hope things improve for you real soon, cucullainn, I know how lost I was between my old computer and this new one. :/

#25 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 00:47

I had such a lovely information packed post ready to go and changed my mind. Ah well, another day. lol

#26 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 04:40

The goal of global events must/may/might be to try to bring together all the players on the game to complete an community task: getting enought kills on the global event to unlock tiers on it  - [the Tiers only show how well the players worked together not making an deep analisys on individual amount of kill outside top 100]

For it to still keep that ideology if that is really right, must be "achievable" for all that would like to take place getting the kills on that event.

And so even new players that comes to play would still need to have it as possible for them to participate on it if they wish.

If by chance an new player hunted and spend all stm and in less than 1 hour after he/she finished his hunt the global event started, hcs may still need to make it possible for that player to have conditions to participate getting kills till individual ruby tier requirement before the global event finishes.

Joining an guild [all new player are encouraged to join one / but really really few prefer to don't do it => these sometimes makes an guild for self and rarely really rarely stay completely guildless],

The minimum the player with an guild with endurace shrine 3 would gain is: 65 stm per hour X 5 days of GE => 65 X 5 X 24 = 7800 stm this player can still try to get 7k kills before it end starting few hours before it finishes [doing global kills always before getting full stm]

An new player that created his own guild and only has endurace shrine 2 because it is expensive for 1 player alone to have that guild structure maxed even giving 25% of his/her gold as tax => 60 X 5 X 24 = 7200 stm, so also possible for this player if logging exactally on the last hour to complete the kills [doing global kills always before getting full stm]

An new player that had not joined an guild and neither made an self guild to get endurace shrine => 50 X 5 X 24 = 6000 stm => yeah, this player wouldn't be able to participate on this frag global event now to have real chance to gain an ruby tier reward if the community reaches ruby this way. [but this it sth that really rarely happens].

Edited by Kbyte, 16 April 2016 - 05:08.

#27 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:32

And your point is?

#28 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:05

My two cents (and nothing new):

Prizes are fine as is. The rewards are clear and everyone can make their own decision whether it's "worth it" or not.

Those who get over 100k kills already get a bonus, I don't see any need to "entice" them more. Also, I don't see the point.

I also do not see any need to up the minimum kills required. Again, what's the point? 

I know lots of players only do the minimum. If we push that minimum up, then overall kills for each tier should also be increased.

I'm concerned about low level players. When we talk about whether minimum kills is achievable for someone new, most of that talk is focusing on stam they have and them going "all out" to get it.

I think that type of ideology represents a fundamental misunderstanding of the FS world. Really it's the same issue with the complaints about having GEs every two weeks or concerns about one happening close to double XP.

For me, the "FS world" is about choosing. You play based on your priorities. You have to pick and choose because you cannot, nor should you be able to, do "everything". Is it a bummer because you miss out on something because you chose to do something else? I don't think so. You chose. Of course, had you not... then you could have done something else, but... so it goes.

The Pinata Frenzy GE happens to be one of my favorites, simply because I personally see community effort. And sure, not as much as I would like, but hey.

In my case, my Guildies and others I know that do not compose at all do hit on it. They do it because they know it's important for their composers.

For me, this is the only event where there isn't some prize that anybody can use. If you compose, it's great. If you don't... then you are doing this to help those that compose for you (or to qualify for that global medal, lol). 

Upping the minimum target, for me, has nothing to do with the ideology behind GEs. Giving even more prizes is utterly ludicrous.

The community can decide what they want to achieve. IF they work together, then that is the prize. "Forcing" them into it defeats the purpose.

Regarding those that do not participate or do the minimum, that's their prerogative. I do not condemn them or think it's "wrong". Everybody has priorities. 

In a nutshell, GEs are designed for the FS Community to reap what they sow. I've always wanted to see the community get only bronze or even nothing at all. I kind of doubt that will ever happen, but I'd love to see it. Why?

Simply because, on the next one, we might actually see some "community" to achieve the goal.

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#29 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 17:03

My two cents (and nothing new):

Prizes are fine as is. The rewards are clear and everyone can make their own decision whether it's "worth it" or not.

Those who get over 100k kills already get a bonus, I don't see any need to "entice" them more. Also, I don't see the point.

I also do not see any need to up the minimum kills required. Again, what's the point? 

I know lots of players only do the minimum. If we push that minimum up, then overall kills for each tier should also be increased.

I'm concerned about low level players. When we talk about whether minimum kills is achievable for someone new, most of that talk is focusing on stam they have and them going "all out" to get it.

I think that type of ideology represents a fundamental misunderstanding of the FS world. Really it's the same issue with the complaints about having GEs every two weeks or concerns about one happening close to double XP.

For me, the "FS world" is about choosing. You play based on your priorities. You have to pick and choose because you cannot, nor should you be able to, do "everything". Is it a bummer because you miss out on something because you chose to do something else? I don't think so. You chose. Of course, had you not... then you could have done something else, but... so it goes.

The Pinata Frenzy GE happens to be one of my favorites, simply because I personally see community effort. And sure, not as much as I would like, but hey.

In my case, my Guildies and others I know that do not compose at all do hit on it. They do it because they know it's important for their composers.

For me, this is the only event where there isn't some prize that anybody can use. If you compose, it's great. If you don't... then you are doing this to help those that compose for you (or to qualify for that global medal, lol). 

Upping the minimum target, for me, has nothing to do with the ideology behind GEs. Giving even more prizes is utterly ludicrous.

The community can decide what they want to achieve. IF they work together, then that is the prize. "Forcing" them into it defeats the purpose.

Regarding those that do not participate or do the minimum, that's their prerogative. I do not condemn them or think it's "wrong". Everybody has priorities. 

In a nutshell, GEs are designed for the FS Community to reap what they sow. I've always wanted to see the community get only bronze or even nothing at all. I kind of doubt that will ever happen, but I'd love to see it. Why?

Simply because, on the next one, we might actually see some "community" to achieve the goal.

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

LOL, It`s just a JOKE what is on your bio, Kinda selfish i believe on your part>>

SELLING COMMON FRAGS:

80 frags (20 four-frag items) for 1 FSP. If you came here via reference, please let me know who sent you.

I do NOT discriminate based on bp space. However, I do NOT tend to set up specific farming times as my experience has shown that people don't show up, lol. I am willing to adjust my timeline slightly. Drop me a line and we'll talk. 

Let me know how much BP space you have and how much you want to buy. The latter could be a total amount of FSP or an amount of FSP each run I do. 

PS: please do NOT add me to your enemy list. 

If you're looking for a Travelling Composer I recommend and use WWWolf.:

http://www.fallenswo...ayer_id=2843068

#30 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 17:05

I`m sure a Frag farmer would not want the COMMUNITY to have any chance of getting the top reward....

#31 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 17:17

Red, I'm not too sure why you'd bait me, but...

Now that you brought it up... Aren't you even more intrigued why I think this is good for the game, even if it "hurts" my profit? 

I fully support this type of GE and even other GEs that give frag drops on some mobs.

I've farmed frags for over three years now and, of course, these events "hurt" my business. But I've met some great people and they deserve some relief. 

In the "community" spirit, you'd have to understand that there are things that are more important than yourself.

I will always try to champion what, I believe, is good for the game over what is good for me. And really, it's quite simple because, what is good for the game, is good for me.

I`m sure a Frag farmer would not want the COMMUNITY to have any chance of getting the top reward....

So yeah, you stand corrected.

#32 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:37

Another 875K kills to go to achieve Silver Tier LMAO - guess most folk have little to no interest this time around :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#33 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 14:07

Global Frag events should of never been a thing.. its a lazy addition for Composing, which was suppose to use up useless gear and make other gear worth more while giving us a benefit (because broken down items creating potions makes sense). .

Composing could of added a huge economy to the population but global events broke down (get it?) that possibility especially with how often they are coming around...

We should be getting new super elites regularly and frequent legendary events instead of some silly pinata global.. Make fragments about actually breaking down farmed gear again...

#34 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2016 - 15:17

I said the same thing when they started Jedi.

Unfortunately many players just thought 'easy frags' and didn't even bother contemplating what the larger affects would be while they were trying to shout me down.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#35 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 16:51

Do not have enough stamina to make the top 100 or qualify if the kill requirement was raised? Everyone shouldn't always be able to achieve ruby. There should always be a group of players that legitimately cannot get enough stamina to qualify ruby even if they used all the stamina they could possibly get? So what to do at that point??? Get more next time...What makes you the exception from everyone else that had to do the same?  :huh:

Edited by EpicPiety, 17 April 2016 - 16:55.

#36 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 17:58

Global Frag events should of never been a thing.. its a lazy addition for Composing, which was suppose to use up useless gear and make other gear worth more while giving us a benefit (because broken down items creating potions makes sense). .

The problem predates frag events, RJ. Indeed, I'd call frag events an inevitable consequence of the frag costs that were adopted when composing started.

The initial discussions on composing simply took no account of the resources in the game, and set frag costs way too high for the number of items (even "useless" gear) that were in the game. (The point was raised, but not recognised.) It was always going to be the case that major new sources of frags were going to be needed to make composing a stable, significant activity for a substantial part of the community. It was recognised that this would justify more legendary events, but it was always the case that the equivalent need for large volumes of common/unique/rare would inevitably lead to the need for equivalent events to provide those items.

#37 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 19:40

Anyone besides myself been watching the MP? 

I think  the results are clear enough.

#38 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 20:08

Hmm. I simply put in an IDEA here to get more people to help getting the allotted kills in Frag farming since that is what makes the wheeels turn in Globals( Easter hunt kills)>>>>Since I posted this earrly i fail to see how I baited anyone here..Thanks  RED

#39 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 20:18

Hmm. I simply put in an IDEA here to get more people to help getting the allotted kills in Frag farming since that is what makes the wheeels turn in Globals( Easter hunt kills)>>>>Since I posted this earrly i fail to see how I baited anyone here..Thanks  RED

lol. *points to post 29 and 30*

#40 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2016 - 20:24

A lot of he said this, she said that in this thread. Face it this event was a bust. not many were interested, has nothing to do with here say or what people perceive. Furthermore as far as those who perceive they are soothsayers, your comments are pure bunkem and based on the brilliance that is hindsight clap clap (i love how bunkem is mis-spelled)

Edited by Davros81, 17 April 2016 - 20:25.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: