49 replies to this topic

#21 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 23:54

New players aren't meant to join top guilds...It would be doing more bad than good in my opinon...They need to transition into the game smoothly working their way up... Otherwise wheres the incentive?

Utter guff! It's this type of pretentious twaddle that's killing the game. Oh, thanks for joining Fallen Sword new player, we really appreciate it. I'd advise you to join a Guild it's the best way to succeed. Many are off limits though.....LOFL!

Cheers.

wil72

#22 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 23:56

Irrelevant

Relevance is in the eye of the beholder mate and you're obviously blind.

Cheers.

wil72

#23 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 00:30

Utter guff! It's this type of pretentious twaddle that's killing the game. Oh, thanks for joining Fallen Sword new player, we really appreciate it. I'd advise you to join a Guild it's the best way to succeed. Many are off limits though.....LOFL!

Cheers.

wil72

It's always been like this and always will be...Its not killing the game. It's like this in every game is it not? You can't expect to play with the best just when you join FS or any game... Games are all about working your way to the top from the bottom. Whats the point if your able to start at the top. It wouldn't be considered a game anymore would it.

Edited by Intimidation, 03 May 2015 - 00:32.

#24 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 00:45

It's always been like this and always will be...Its not killing the game. It's like this in every game is it not? You can't expect to play with the best just when you join FS or any game... Games are all about working your way to the top from the bottom. Whats the point if your able to start at the top. It wouldn't be considered a game anymore would it.

Your posts are full of inconsitencies mate. In one you say this addition will help "new players" join a guild while in others you say new players shouldn't be allowed to join certain Guilds. What a crock. Personally, I think your saying your not interested in helping a new players grow as it will be detrimental to your own development.

Cheers.

wil72

#25 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 00:50

Tis how its always been.. I remember when I first started I went into a smaller guild. And worked until I met the level requirements to join one of the top ten guilds (ewoks).. That motivation kept me playing daily..

There are plenty of guilds that focus on new players and are geared more towards those players.. With mentors and plenty of low level gear to help out, plus lots of other new players so they can feel less like a small fish surrounded by bigger ones.. Not every player or guild wants to spend the time training new players and that's not killing anything.. Because there are still plenty who help out..

What's killing the game is the lack of evolution to cater to gamers nowadays.. Like a better guild interface ;)

#26 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 00:52

If there was no guild member limit I could imagine top guilds bringing in new players by the dozen..

#27 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:15

Tis how its always been.. I remember when I first started I went into a smaller guild. And worked until I met the level requirements to join one of the top ten guilds (ewoks).. That motivation kept me playing daily..

There are plenty of guilds that focus on new players and are geared more towards those players.. With mentors and plenty of low level gear to help out, plus lots of other new players so they can feel less like a small fish surrounded by bigger ones.. Not every player or guild wants to spend the time training new players and that's not killing anything.. Because there are still plenty who help out..

What's killing the game is the lack of evolution to cater to gamers nowadays.. Like a better guild interface ;)

It may well be "how its always been" that doesn't mean it's right though, beneficial or good for the game. You say you levelled to join a higher ranked Guild due to their joining criteria. How many "new players" have left because Guild joining criteria is imposed? Swings and roundabouts, personally, I don't like them.

Cheers.

wil72

#28 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:17

Your posts are full of inconsitencies mate. In one you say this addition will help "new players" join a guild while in others you say new players shouldn't be allowed to join certain Guilds. What a crock. Personally, I think your saying your not interested in helping a new players grow as it will be detrimental to your own development.

Cheers.

wil72

It will help new players...this is about FS being more user friendly...This has nothing to do with guilds/individuals/the community helping new players. Stay on topic please...

Edited by Intimidation, 03 May 2015 - 01:21.

#29 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:25

Swings and roundabouts, personally, I don't like them.

Thats odd because thats all you've been bringing up?

#30 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

It will help new players...this is about FS being more user friendly...This has nothing to do with guilds/individuals/the community helping new players. Stay on topic please...

Post #15.....did you read it? And thank you for reminding me to stay on topic but in reality I didn't waver I merely replied to questioning posts.

Cheers.

wil72

#31 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

How many "new players" have left because Guild joining criteria is imposed?

I'm going to assume none.. But it could be more

#32 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:26

I'm going to assume none.. But it could be more

+1 LOL

#33 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:27

Post #15.....did you read it? And thank you for reminding me to stay on topic but in reality I didn't waver I merely replied to questioning posts.

Cheers.

wil72

User friendlyness is on the cows not the players... What are you talking about? Everything corralated into what it is because of what the cows do in the background...

Edited by Intimidation, 03 May 2015 - 01:27.

#34 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:30

User friendlyness is on the cows not the players... What are you talking about? Everything corralated into what it is because of what the cows do in the background...

Stop talking about "new players" then.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 03 May 2015 - 01:30.

#35 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:31

Then we cannot talk about user friendlyness...Because its only really relevant to new players...Your point?

#36 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:31

Thats odd because thats all you've been bringing up?

How?

Cheers.

wil72

#37 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:41

Then we cannot talk about user friendlyness...Because its only really relevant to new players...Your point?

Sorry mate but it's you that keeps going on about how this will help new players. I'm saying....how will it really do so if many guilds don't accept new players. Anyways, i've had my fun...Dulcharn's post wins, in my opinion. Follow the rainbow.

Cheers.

wil72

#38 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:06

We cater to new and old players alike... After investing and helping a character grow, do you know how demoralizing it is when they leave for greener pastures? I don't think any guilds that cater the lower level players are doing this so they can eventually join one of the big guilds.

It's gotten to the point where I no longer try to actively get new players into the guild as 98/100 leave for a bigger better guild.

#39 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:50

Not that this is such a big deal or even a game changing concept, but with the newer players and even older players trying to change guilds or even current members of a guild, a way to disguish between the guild leaders and the members should be instituted. This can be a very simple change in any number of ways. My suggestions would be either of the following.

1) An icon next to the players name on either the guild screen or even the actual player screen..or both

2) A line separating the founder/leaders and the rest of the membership lists(probably the easier of the two)

Not a huge game necessity but a few of us have recieved messages in regards to who the guild leaders were and where that list ended.

Not big guild vs small guild... unsuccessful guild vs successful guild... requirements vs no requirements, salty vs nonsalty... or whatever the heck else that will get us no where. This is the topic at hand... whether this would be beneficial or not.

Edited by Intimidation, 03 May 2015 - 02:52.

#40 Ringhal

Ringhal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:43

Off topic: There isn't much that keeps a player in a guild, besides loyalty, guild XP and the medal. This is the reason why a number of players leave smaller guilds to join bigger ones as they grow as a player. Also, a number of large guilds don't keep gear for lower levels expect for the few pieces for the Arena.

Back on topic: There should be a way to distinguish leaders and members and as Dulcharn mentioned a good way of doing this is by using colored stars.All players will benefit from this, even the members within the guild.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: