221 replies to this topic

#21 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:03

I think there should be an incentive to invest in skills yourself if they are that vital Ed - having stims at the same or higher level than player skills disincentivises choice for players. You should be able to get good skills from stims, or better ones from yourself or other players in my opinion. If the other players aren't around at an absolutely convenient time then perhaps a less efficient hunt might be required.

It's time to realize when you have a game that is based on skills then those skills need to be available when needed, we've lost too many players due to frustration of not being able to find skills, with online number getting lower and lower it's making it tougher for the remaining players who have stayed to find skills, obviously we invest in the vital skills but if we had enough points to get them all we wouldn't need this thread, We also need to realize not everyone is in the top factions and having access to skills is vital to keeping them playing this game.

#22 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:10

I think there should be an incentive to invest in skills yourself if they are that vital Ed - having stims at the same or higher level than player skills disincentivises choice for players. You should be able to get good skills from stims, or better ones from yourself or other players in my opinion. If the other players aren't around at an absolutely convenient time then perhaps a less efficient hunt might be required.

It's time to realize when you have a game that is based on skills then those skills need to be available when needed, we've lost too many players due to frustration of not being able to find skills, with online number getting lower and lower it's making it tougher for the remaining players who have stayed to find skills, obviously we invest in the vital skills but if we had enough points to get them all we wouldn't need this thread, We also need to realize not everyone is in the top factions and having access to skills is vital to keeping them playing this game.

I agree in part.

The skills need to be available - fine. My issue is with you needing them ALL available at your current level. I don't think that is at all necessary, since everyone is in the same position. I have chosen to get a balanced set of skills and foregone Traverse and Salvage as 2 examples. If they were available at level 125 when I needed them then I would definitely use them - but I picked those I felt were least vital to miss out on. Others may choose differently - but that choice is a fundamental part of the game. It's no fun if everyone can get everything!

Level 125 skills would be a good compromise between efficiency and availability - you pick the vital skills to invest in, and top up the gaps with decent level skills if you can't find a player online to buff you. There is also the added bonus that for players below level 250 they would effectively be able to get better skills whilst they invest in developing their own!

#23 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:13

if you feel that you need max lvl, you should get it yourself as part of your buff set. the game is about making choices. I still use corrode 100 as I find it useful.

I think lvl 100 for most non lvling buff is fine. may be 125 for dp/rs/trav. In general though, you don't need max lvl IMHO.

for example, if you use accel stim vs non (like many of us CHOOSE to), you lose out about 2% xp for lot more cr. that is same as difference between dp/rs 125 and 135 combined.

#24 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:18

I would like to see these in the 100-120 range for the reasons already mentioned. I would also like to see them not limited to SF since that messes up pricing, but that seems a foregone conclusion. I assume SF stims will not be bound? Since we are putting leveling stims in the game to HELP players get buffs? Would really suck to HAVE to do SF and hope someone else is there to get stims to solve the lack of buffer problem.

As for costs....

Unfortunately these won't be much of a sink. I can't imagine they can be priced above current special stim prices (15-40k). I'd say 25k minimum but it's probably hard to be higher than that.... Would love to see feedback from low energy, small faction players. Though my guess is they have more core buffs than those of us in larger factions.

#25 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:23

Level 100 in sf for like 25pts

Level 150 inventible versions using the 100 ones

Btw, why not add some class shops in content wit some class versions? Maybe 2nd round?

#26 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:24

As for costs....

Unfortunately these won't be much of a sink. I can't imagine they can be priced above current special stim prices (15-40k). I'd say 25k minimum but it's probably hard to be hi

I think a maximum of 15-20 k if they are only going to be 120-130

#27 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:24

My issue is with you needing them ALL available at your current level.

I only asked for DP & Res (which most players want this at the highest level), The rest i was flexible with

#28 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:28

Btw, why not add some class shops in content wit some class versions? Maybe 2nd round?

I second this. I would love to be able to use Mental Strength as a Mutant

#29 SlingBlade

SlingBlade

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:34

First and foremost I would like to thank BG in regards to getting this topic to a forefront, this is has been wanted for a long time, and now time to try and hash out how to approach the situation. Below I have a few comments and questions.

1). IF we are going to have lower level stims for example say level 100 then I agree that those stims should be a supplement to assist us players in leveling, and that they should not be made strong enough to keep players from purchasing buffs from players who have the higher level skills. After all we have worked hard to get those skill points to be able to have those buffs. And it does make sure that core skills have to be invested in because eventually the player will outgrow the level 100 stims and get the skills themselves or purchase them or get them from faction mates.

2). In retrospect to my above comment I would personally like to see level 200-250 stims for the real important skills such as DP, KR and even a few other skills, and here is my thinking on this: as of right now I will be level 400 soon, which means my skills will be set at level 140, well within 100 levels by level 500 my skills will have maxed out according to the skills progress, unless something changes in regards to the amount of skill pts you can put into a skill but as of yet that has not been discussed or changed, and we don’t have the structure in SS2 that FS does to increase the Buff rate 25pts, so to me while we are discussing stims, then this needs to be considered also.

3). Personally I would like to see the stims only in the TH, everyone keeps talking about that there are too many credits in the game, then for those players that want use the stims to supplement their play then burn some credits. SF already has prizes and the level 250 accel stim in its prize stash. Everyone keeps talking about SF, SF is not the savior of SS2, so let’s not get into the mind set that everything new that comes out has to be centered around it.

4).Since we are on the subject of stims there was talk of MK4 stims coming out, is this something that is still on the table for the use of AR pts, if so then this could go back to my #2 comment on the higher level stims.

5). What will be the time duration of these stims be 60 min, 120min, I think that also has to determined at to what the cost should be for them.

Respectfully Submitted,
SB

#30 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:42

Accelerator 300

Wouhouuuuuu! So much we've been waiting for that one! :D Great job BG, that's really very appreciated :D And don't stop there, start already coding a Acc 450 if you can, sooner or later (most likely sooner in my case) they will be wanted ;)

#31 Orcfood

Orcfood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:43

Whatever but if you introduce PvP from a list like your other lame game I'm off.

#32 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:44

My issue is with you needing them ALL available at your current level.

I only asked for DP & Res (which most players want this at the highest level), The rest i was flexible with

I would then argue that if it's just these 2 you are worried about then invest in them and spread the points you have left over other skills, perhaps at a lower level? Otherwise it's a case of 'I really need these 2 and want all of the others as well'. You're asking for stims to fully cover for your choice to not get them personally, and I don't think that that works in the interests of the game.

I definitely do not support stims higher than the level a player can buff to as Slingbalde suggests - there is really no need for anything higher than the current 150 max for players and the couple of special circumstance buffs like Scavenger!

#33 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:46

5). What will be the time duration of these stims be 60 min, 120min, I think that also has to determined at to what the cost should be for them.

They should be at least 60 minutes

#34 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2011 - 14:48

I guess my sarcasim was lost on that one. :oops:

Heh, sorry. Sense of humour fail. :mrgreen:

I would like to see these in the 100-120 range for the reasons already mentioned. I would also like to see them not limited to SF since that messes up pricing, but that seems a foregone conclusion. I assume SF stims will not be bound?

Not all of them would be SF as there was opposition to that. SF stims would indeed be unbound. I am happy that they should be used for trade maybe. Would be interest to see where some of you guys think certain buffs should go.

Personally I would like to see the stims only in the TH.

Not gonna happen. I want things to help a few sections of the game. I was even toying with the possibility of putting a new stim or two into the Faction Artifact page.

What will be the time duration of these stims be 60 min, 120min, I think that also has to determined at to what the cost should be for them.

The floor is open to suggestions.

#35 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 15:04

I was even toying with the possibility of putting a new stim or two into the Faction Artifact page.

What were you toying with, one of the ideas in this thread or something new?

#36 SlingBlade

SlingBlade

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 15:09

I would definitely be delighted to see other stims from the Artifact section, but they have to be strong and potent enough to make players or factions want to burn the AR pts to make them.

And as Rjem disagrees with me I disagree with him on his argurment, I feel that this game needs to go over and beyond the realms of where it is should be at in order to keep playere interest alive. Having buffs just at your level is just plain BORING.

Respectfully Submitted,
SB

#37 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2011 - 15:10

I was even toying with the possibility of putting a new stim or two into the Faction Artifact page.

What were you toying with, one of the ideas in this thread or something new?

Not sure. I'd like something new but have nothing (yet). Once the Coders have finished the Map testing and whatnot, I hope for some Sigma coding time. What I would like is a Faction Wide buffing stim. Especially if I could attach multiple buffs. I'd be a reasonably happy bunny then.

Is there anything that exists now that you'd like to see? I'd probably make them even more powerful than standard.

#38 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 15:14

I would definitely be delighted to see other stims from the Artifact section, but they have to be strong and potent enough to make players or factions want to burn the AR pts to make them.

And as Rjem disagrees with me I disagree with him on his argurment, I feel that this game needs to go over and beyond the realms of where it is should be at in order to keep playere interest alive. Having buffs just at your level is just plain BORING.

Respectfully Submitted,
SB

My point is simply that having ever more powerful stims makes choices as players irrelevant and the game will become even more of a clone of Fallen Sword (where literally nothing is a challenge). Having said that, even in FS you can't get the equivalent of Data Processor or Researcher 250 except through special offers from HCS.

Now, if you can come up with a scenario where higher level buffs would make the game more 'Interesting' I would be inclined to change my mind. As it currently stands higher level skills will just make you get more XP more quickly, with fewer repairs and less risk of dying. Not what I would call interesting!

#39 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2011 - 15:17

What I would like is a Faction Wide buffing stim. Especially if I could attach multiple buffs. I'd be a reasonably happy bunny then.

Similar to rp packs in fs ?

#40 Phyrexia

Phyrexia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 16:09

:ugeek:
I like the idea that those stims come into TH and are available in SF. And as well i like the idea that those acc 300 parts are SF only.
About the buff lvl: 100 is too low. The problem is that there are only few buffers that have high buffs available. So offering lvl 100 buffs don't solve the "i don't find buffers"-problem. AND: hardly any player is nowadays making profit with buff sales... Many bios say: faction and friends only, not buffing until EOC. So there are no buff traders outcompeded by those stims- because there are no buff traders left. I would like to see those stims with lvl 150 as well. But with appropriate costs: 50.000 credits in TH (credit sink!!!) and comparable costs in SF (80 SF-Tokens, BOUND). The inventible acc 300 should be SF only but tradable. Lower players don't need those (except they have high max energy), higher can buy (chance for lower players to make profit) or use for own (more SF participants).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: