Photo

New Content! Levels 81 to 90.

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#21 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 17:35

It's your choice not to do the missions. I don't understand you motivation here, you choose not to get the Skill Points.

no no, they do the missions after sub-leveling for a few days and then they get super high in the supremely important top player rankings... :lol:

unless this mission is any different from all of the other incredibly simple missions in this game, I think we will all survive this crisis

if a handful of players slipped through without completing the mission, good for them for being so attentive
maybe when the next content is released in a month, you will be able to take advantage of some extremely minor errors too

#22 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 17:39

does anyone have comments on the quality of this content?
entity artwork, entity difficulty, useful items, etc.
it sounds like there won't be any mission feedback until the top players hit level 93 and go back to do those :(

#23 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 17:41

It's your choice not to do the missions. I don't understand you motivation here, you choose not to get the Skill Points.

no no, they do the missions after sub-leveling for a few days and then they get super high in the supremely important top player rankings... :lol:

unless this mission is any different from all of the other incredibly simple missions in this game, I think we will all survive this crisis

if a handful of players slipped through without completing the mission, good for them for being so attentive
maybe when the next content is released in a month, you will be able to take advantage of some extremely minor errors too

Get off your horse. I somehow made it through and I think it's unfair to those behind me. So, seriously think about this before you say things like that. There is a difference in how fast people can level based on a few seconds of reaching the door.

They can do what they want about it, but it's not about attentive it's about luck. Some people are asleep at the release time, some in school and some at work. Being at the computer the moment release happens is luck not attentiveness.

My personal opinion is that that door should be permanently unlocked from the mission because of the error, or at least for a period of time with an announced time it will lock (24 hours would remove the luck factor from having gotten through while not asleep or at work). But, the current stance of HCS is not that. The OP doesn't like the disadvantage he was placed at. I can benefit from this but think it's unfair.

#24 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 17:43

And as for content, apparently I've VERY HAPPY I skipped forward to level 85 so can only comment on the tile artwork atm. It is a nice design and the work put into it seems to have paid off in its appearance.

#25 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 17:49

Get off your horse. I somehow made it through and I think it's unfair to those behind me. So, seriously think about this before you say things like that. There is a difference in how fast people can level based on a few seconds of reaching the door.

They can do what they want about it, but it's not about attentive it's about luck. Some people are asleep at the release time, some in school and some at work. Being at the computer the moment release happens is luck not attentiveness.

My personal opinion is that that door should be permanently unlocked from the mission because of the error, or at least for a period of time with an announced time it will lock (24 hours would remove the luck factor from having gotten through while not asleep or at work). But, the current stance of HCS is not that. The OP doesn't like the disadvantage he was placed at. I can benefit from this but think it's unfair.

HCS intended for those doors to be mission locked
They had a small glitch in the content when it was first released
The "disadvantage" is very minor because we'll all be at the end of content within a few days
If you want to go back and play the content as it was intended (by completing that mission) great
My personal opinion is that YOU are being disadvantaged here because you're not experiencing the content as it was intended

Giddy UP ;p

#26 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 17:52

Sorry Varkaz but locking the mission door is total crap! Letting a few through is just cruel and unusual game punishment for the rest :evil: After quietly waiting for so long for new content subleveling and burning energy to allow a few to go through then locking the door just sucks!

Thx

#27 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 17:58

HCS intended for those doors to be mission locked
They had a small glitch in the content when it was first released
The "disadvantage" is very minor because we'll all be at the end of content within a few days
If you want to go back and play the content as it was intended (by completing that mission) great
My personal opinion is that YOU are being disadvantaged here because you're not experiencing the content as it was intended

Giddy UP ;p

The disadvantage is roughly 75k xp. That's a lot of energy to catch up at 18 xp when contesting for Best Player or Top 10 medals. Call them silly if you like, but I'm betting a major portion of HCS income comes from those playing for those medals.

#28 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 17:59

The disadvantage is roughly 75k xp. That's a lot of energy to catch up at 18 xp when contesting for Best Player or Top 10 medals. Call them silly if you like, but I'm betting a major portion of HCS income comes from those playing for those medals.

great now they will spend even more money to make up the difference
just out of curiosity...has anyone successfully managed the crisis yet?

Posted Image

#29 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 18:02

Aaaaaah. I get it. So, an inconvenience that costs someone else money is a good thing. I'll leave this to be about content and hope a cow opens the door for 24 hours.

#30 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 18:03

Posted Image

When the game is unfair it doesn't make people donate MORE it makes them QUIT!

#31 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 18:08

someplayers in lvl 84 area and didn't finish any mission

but all players gone for next area before locking it they will leveling faster !then finish all mission after sublvling

Good for them, they will loose out on the Skill Points.

Btw, skill points don't mean anything until you use them. Not knowing what gear will need what means that you can't apply them until you know what you need. Seems you need to keep a reserve of skill points just in case you want to equip gear...

#32 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 18:13

Aaaaaah. I get it. So, an inconvenience that costs someone else money is a good thing. I'll leave this to be about content and hope a cow opens the door for 24 hours.

not too spoil your hopes, but...
I'm pretty sure the problem was that the door was unlocked
It seems like they've fixed that problem now
Cheers to the Cows!

If anything, they could lock the level 87 door to be bound to the same "crisis management" mission to catch any players that got through

#33 ss_priestess

ss_priestess
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 18:19

LOL, this is funny reading!!

There was a glitch, it´s resolved now... Nobody died, but some people got a "better" day, because they found something new to complain about. ;) Good for them...

#34 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 18:58

I was a Level 83 when the content came out. I started the mission and finished and was able to move on. I did not know the door was unlocked as I never tried it. To me it does not matter if a few slipped thru. I do the missions as I go. The problem that I am now having is I am in L83 and that mission is brutal. The drop rate to get the Mission Tracker is just terrible. I have now leveled up again and now I am subleveling in 83 and I have not even completed the 1st part of the mission. The content is just great. The cow did a beautiful job from what I have seen 81, 82 and 83. The only thing I am concerned about is the drop of the Mission Tracker resource. Burning over 1000 energy and still not getting enough drops to complete the 1st phase is just a bit much.

#35 ss_seph003

ss_seph003
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 19:07

I was a Level 83 when the content came out. I started the mission and finished and was able to move on. I did not know the door was unlocked as I never tried it. To me it does not matter if a few slipped thru. I do the missions as I go. The problem that I am now having is I am in L83 and that mission is brutal. The drop rate to get the Mission Tracker is just terrible. I have now leveled up again and now I am subleveling in 83 and I have not even completed the 1st part of the mission. The content is just great. The cow did a beautiful job from what I have seen 81, 82 and 83. The only thing I am concerned about is the drop of the Mission Tracker resource. Burning over 1000 energy and still not getting enough drops to complete the 1st phase is just a bit much.

Did you try using the Mission Finder skill??? There is a difference between an item drop and a mission item drop. Not sure if it makes enough of a difference, but thought i'd ask if you tried it.

#36 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 19:09

That does seem unreasonably low (especially since I'm assuming you were using your Find Item 105 download)
And because it's a "resource" and not a "mission item" the Mission Finder download will not help
Perhaps the Mission Finder download could be amended to recognize "resources" required to complete missions as "mission items"
Just imagine if you had been using an Intensifier download :(

#37 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 19:14

I had mission finder 105 and Find Item 105 running.....I am not the only one having this problem. So far i have gotten 6 drops and 2 failed to extract. I still need 4 to get enough to build the part. I mean.....really......over 1000 energy to get 6 drops???????? And we have to do this for the Alpha , Beta and Gamma......at this rate I will sublevel to 90 in the 83 realm. :(

#38 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 19:24

I had mission finder 105 and Find Item 105 running.....I am not the only one having this problem. So far i have gotten 6 drops and 2 failed to extract. I still need 4 to get enough to build the part. I mean.....really......over 1000 energy to get 6 drops???????? And we have to do this for the Alpha , Beta and Gamma......at this rate I will sublevel to 90 in the 83 realm. :(

I'm all about making this game more challenging...but this is just ridiculous
annoying ≠ challenging

I think it's time to release those new Find Item ∞ stims

#39 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 11 March 2009 - 19:32

There seems to be a lack of engineering stations in the mid 80's, is this on purpose? I understand they aren't there on every level but there seems to be quite a big gap of levels, just wondering if it is intentional.

And it would be nice if the kids stayed in the sandpits and learn to get along rather than throw their toys around every time something is not quite kosher. I mean, as varkaz says, he is not perfect, and most of us just roll with the punches and accept what we have to deal with.

Nice job on the new content so far, 85 is quite a good little challenge, the creatures are definitely starting to get a bit tougher. Thumbs up again to the cows.

#40 ss_conquerer7

ss_conquerer7
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 20:58

Sure, they might be behind 75k experience. That's until you hit the top. At that point, people who didn't get the advantage will catch up to you quickly since you'll be making barely any exp. It doesn't really matter- it's good that they at least fixed the glitch early before it became a bigger issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: