In Development

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 ss_wizard124

ss_wizard124
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:50

Cool idea, But what are they used for :?:
Are they personal battle Machines, or new missions, or Mercs and stuff for the Faction, Could we please know.

#22 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:56

hmm the way its worded of course true to HCS style leaves much to ponder....

now they could be mercs.... or faction battle Mechs. for faction vs faction wars.....

now mercs have uses... but the possibilities for the second option is really something i am more interested in. Faction Mechs!

i hope that latter is what this would be.. because technically, mercs would be kinda easy to implement as its something you all are accustomed to, and id hope mercs would represent all 4 classes ..

so faction MECHS for faction vs. faction !!!!!!!

#23 ss_alphajr

ss_alphajr
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 14:12

No one seems to have mentioned one kinda obvious missing thing ........... Relics. It kinda fits their discription of guild benifits.

#24 ss_n1nja

ss_n1nja
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 14:18

No one seems to have mentioned one kinda obvious missing thing ........... Relics. It kinda fits their discription of guild benifits.

That was the first thing memtioned- "relics" are in FS "artifacts" are in SS2

#25 dylune

dylune

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 14:24

"During the millennial wars all sides fielded colossal war machines. The machines were easily adapted with various weapons to fill distinctly devastating roles. After the wars they were abandoned and forgotten littering the battlefields of Sigma. Many of these mecha have now become resurrected by nanites and salvaged by factions to once again do battle on the surface of the planet."

Colossal War machines.....Abandoned and forgotten.... Now resurrected and salvaged.... Sounds a strange mixture of Artifacts / Mercs / Relics from that other game.... You go to the realm location where there's this machine resting, take control of it to unlock it's secrets (faction bonuses, perhaps?), or maybe restore them so they're available to help you attack creatures.....

We're seeing 5 Mechas, there's that many different character options (Stay Clone, or pick a class - Mutant, Borg, Soldier, Purist).... Perhaps something related in that way too? Too many ideas!!!! Great stuff coming, thanks HCS for the added thrill! :o

#26 ss_conquerer7

ss_conquerer7
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 14:38

Posted ImagePosted Image

So it looks like you can equip weapons and helmets on them, customize them. Mercs that you can equip would be awesome.

#27 ss_darksky

ss_darksky
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 15:11

Looking at the Concept Art (very nice bye the way), they look like you can customize them with different weapons, addons and such. Would be nice to complete a mission and gain access to one, possibly even have to give up your class to take one over or does the mech take you over... :shock: . This would be a great addision to the game if we could use one; very fitting for SS2.

#28 Orcfood

Orcfood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 15:48

I'm lost, where do these fit into the story, why do so many people advocate faction v faction, why do people want relics to defend why don't they just go and play fs if all they want is conflict, why have I got so many questions? The answer is that I, like HCS have lost the plot, this game is supposed to be about defeating sharona and followers, perhaps if the ideas have run out they could have an armageddon room, last area is pvp, no repair facility no cloning area, when you're dead it's game over.

#29 Riftblade

Riftblade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 16:01

This surely has limitless possibilities, and I suppose that the cryptic way HCS chose to state their intent, allows us to post ideas, guiding them in the right direction as to what we would most like to see (Almost like they did with the Soldier class).

The concept art looks good, and one can only assume that HCS has a few good ideas up their sleeves. Hope they reveal more soon! ;)

#30 Orcfood

Orcfood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 16:13

I agree that the artwork is excellent and deserves the plaudits, perhaps if the machines were missing some parts and a mission is formed on that basis, something along the lines of you get the missing gear, arm the bots, they clear a path for you to enter sigma city(only way through, no portals) and you then enter a machine world instead of the clone world we are in. Ahh could be sigmastorm 3.

#31 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2009 - 16:18

I'm lost, where do these fit into the story, why do so many people advocate faction v faction, why do people want relics to defend why don't they just go and play fs if all they want is conflict, why have I got so many questions? The answer is that I, like HCS have lost the plot, this game is supposed to be about defeating sharona and followers, perhaps if the ideas have run out they could have an armageddon room, last area is pvp, no repair facility no cloning area, when you're dead it's game over.

How did you take from "Here is a peek at a future game feature!" that HCS have lost the plot and the ideas have run out? Clearly, the ideas are flowing just fine! :D

The game is also not supposed to be just about "defeating Sharona and her followers" - it has and will continue to have many different storylines, some of which will go on longer than others. The Sharona storyline just happens to be one of the biggest for now.

Oh, and we're keeping you in the dark on purpose ;). As Zaelin said, the work on this idea is still in the earlier stages and may evolve before it's finally implemented, so we're not saying too much about it for now. Just giving you a sneak peek.
Louisa Gallie
Senior Concept & UI Artist

#32 ss_wizard124

ss_wizard124
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 17:09

Well The ideas may be flowing,but wouldn't this bring back the lag, that I just got rid of

#33 candyguy

candyguy

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 18:20

This is awesome.

Posted Image

#34 ss_diediedie

ss_diediedie
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 20:13

o sounds good but more info would be nice they look coool but before really deciding i would like further info and yes the lag is a real buzz kill for playing the game not to mention the loss of players due to the lack of content addition or in a really slow manner hec i'm a later starter on here and i'm getting close to the cotent end

#35 ss_taliesin

ss_taliesin
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 20:47

I find it incredibly sad that HCS release the smallest hint of something new, and within 2 pages we already have people complaining.

HCS haven't said if they're mercs or artifacts, or anything else for that matter, so you'll all just have to wait and see along with me.

And as far as mercs go? Why on earth would we need or want mercs? There's nothing in the game that you can't kill easily given the right level/gear. Mercs would be an utter and total waste of time.

Looking forward to hearing more about these 'colossal war machines' HCS. Keep up the good work. :-D

#36 ss_killerk95

ss_killerk95
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 20:57

I thought we got to battle against those thing to save the planet??

at least i am a cyborg that means i am on there side so everybody is going to feel the fury!!!!!!!!!

#37 ss_taliesin

ss_taliesin
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 21:01

Well strictly speaking a cyborg is a mix of organic and mechanical components. While these great war machines are pure mech I would think. So nah they're gonna just squash you buglike, just as they will with the rest of us. :-P

#38 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 21:17

I have to say I was really worried as to how you guys would fit in Artifacts, but this is great. It really works with the theme of Sigma..and I love the artwork.

Nice job cows, and thanks much :) I can't wait till the 150 content release

#39 ss_n1nja

ss_n1nja
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 21:32

I have a question for the cows...

I was just looking over the pics and I noticed a small detail- there is the number 2857 written on thier legs. Is this supposed to be the year they were made? I realize that this probably makes no difference at all in the game and that since the number is there I figured you put it there for a purpose. So I was just wondering if my guess was correct. I'm hoping that since it won't affect the gameplay or give us any clue to what they are you can answer the question.

#40 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 21:35

I have a question for the cows...

I was just looking over the pics and I noticed a small detail- there is the number 2857 written on thier legs. Is this supposed to be the year they were made? I realize that this probably makes no difference at all in the game and that since the number is there I figured you put it there for a purpose. So I was just wondering if my guess was correct. I'm hoping that since it won't affect the gameplay or give us any clue to what they are you can answer the question.

I was guessing a serial or unit number. Not sure if we've seen any dates in the game at all so no clue what scale things would be on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: