Photo

Game Update v1.0451

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#21 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:43

a skill reset is cool for those wanting to bail out on being apurist now.. but waht about a EV rest hoof? this is my prob.. i now need to allocate differently to use different equipment now.

can i trade my skill reset in for a EV reset?

Yes, please this definitely changes everything. I want to remain a Purist because I like the sets and MS could still help when hunting, but I have 250 points on damage which means my def and armor are less than 200 with purist sets equipped.

Why did you change it :evil:

#22 ss_nthnclls

ss_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:46

No more god mode for me...oh well.

I have to admit, it's less overpowering now.

#23 Sajitarius

Sajitarius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:54

hmmm yeah nice update, but what we REALLY need is a free evolution points reset. i have been saying this for a long time; hopefully other people will add their opinions on that issue as well...

#24 ss_soulbright

ss_soulbright
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:56

While I understand the reason for the correction of the skill, I must say that it feels as if Purist have been set back behind the other classes again (with the exception of the Soldier)
We know the advantages of the mutants and cyborgs, but now purists have lost theirs.
Of course.......purist is supposed to be the hard class............................................

Even with my reset, I intend to stay a purist.

#25 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 18:59

I am not sure exactly what has been done. Does this mean that the MS skill now works like the IMP in the other game? If you have 100 pts in MS does this mean you take 1 hit from a critter and now you are down to 2. You take 2 hits from the next critter and you are out and you have to recast the skill? This is the way I am now understanding the skill. Can this be confirmed. If this is the case I want my evolve pts to be reset.

Giving me a motor boat and then let me buy all the stuff to make my motor boat run correctly and then taking away the motor and saying ....hey you go to fast....put this sail on it and have fun. No compensation for all of the stuff I bought or made to make that boat fast and now having to make or buy stuff to make the sail boat even sail is unthinkable.

#26 ss_bagavond

ss_bagavond
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:00

Wow!!! Never saw this coming. Glad I remained a soldier. I have mixed feelings on this change. While I agree the skilll was much too strong I also acknowledge that many changed class, allocated evo points and spent much to acquire this skill. I am in agreement that an evo point reset would be reasonable. One note to all purists. Ms remains a very desirable skill. It will still make hunting much more secure than it is for the rest of us. Not a disaster but definitely gonna shake things up.

#27 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

If we don't get a free Evo reset I will most likely take advantage of the class reset and switch to Mutant. I really don't want to because I love this class, but setups are going to be really difficult to find and MS is going to be too much of a hassle

#28 TorNis

TorNis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Most Pwnage class:

BEFORE:
1. Purist
2. Purist
3. Purist
4. Purist

NOW:
1. Cyborg
2. Mutant
3. Purist
4. Soldier

#29 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

While I understand the reason for the correction of the skill, I must say that it feels as if Purist have been set back behind the other classes again (with the exception of the Soldier)
We know the advantages of the mutants and cyborgs, but now purists have lost theirs.
Of course.......purist is supposed to be the hard class............................................

You still have the MS skill, in the way it should have been working from the start.
A free reset of Evolution points will help you adjust and game will go on as it used to be, with Purists being the easier class.

#30 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:01

Wow!!! Never saw this coming. Glad I remained a soldier. I have mixed feelings on this change. While I agree the skilll was much too strong I also acknowledge that many changed class, allocated evo points and spent much to acquire this skill. I am in agreement that an evo point reset would be reasonable. One note to all purists. Ms remains a very desirable skill. It will still make hunting much more secure than it is for the rest of us. Not a disaster but definitely gonna shake things up.

Yea I actually spent 100 FC about a week ago just to change to Purist and obtain the MS skill.

#31 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:02

I think once the dust settles and all resets are out there, this didn't make purists that much weaker. It's a shock and will change how some things are allocated. Armor is the most difficult stat to obtain (maybe not for mutants but still hard) and purists can still ignore that. With mob damage getting into the high 200's that is still a major advantage to be able to ignore. Of course, ignoring it now costs psi points but with intensifier and the decent defense gear I think purists will find this isn't as hard as it might appear right now.

#32 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:04

You still have the MS skill, in the way it should have been working from the start.
A free reset of Evolution points will help you adjust and game will go on as it used to be, with Purists being the easier class.

It's just the fact that most purists have learned to live with the MS skill and ignore the setups they need. This is a big change for most of us, and since Purists don't really have many armor/def setups it makes it that much more difficult. I just don't like that HCS let us live in a fantasy world for so long. They should have changed it a long time ago before so many players became custom to using MS with att/damg

#33 ss_nthnclls

ss_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:04

Purists are not the easiest class. Use a purist weapon, with purist ammo, and you'll know why.

#34 ss_soulbright

ss_soulbright
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:05

I understand that I still have the skill, but now the cost of using it outweighs actually using it.
I'm better off just healing instead.
Which brings up something that I will post in another thread.

#35 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:08

I think now, as long as the evo reset comes like it should, I will go 20% damg, 20% HP and 60% armor. Any tips on that??

#36 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:08

If we get a EV reset.. there will be plannign involveda s most of us havent had to play by these rules.. it can be done., and if we get a rest, ill test the waters and help out some fellow purists./

but a EV reset is more key to us LOYAL purists than a skill reset.. really im not changing skills.. i wanna change ev points..

though a reset will help me allocate those pesky loose points in random skills when the lag issue vs. my fast clicking happened.. lmao

#37 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:09

I think now, as long as the evo reset comes like it should, I will go 20% damg, 20% HP and 60% armor. Any tips on that??

not sure on the armor.. really.. you might loose too much... i would go a lil def. maybe 25-30% see what that raises you. and th rest dam and att or dam att hp.

#38 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:11

Hi all,

In this latest update we have fixed the following...

Mental Strength

A bug which caused the Mental Strength skill not to update the current count of Psi Shield remaining has been fixed.

Class Specific Items

A bug which allowed classes to equip items not suitable for their class has been fixed. Note that previously saved invalid combat sets have been removed and any invalid equipment has automatically been unequipped.

~ The Sigmastorm 2 Team

SO NOW CAN WE PLEASE GET A COUNTER ON THE MS BLOCKS REMAINING? just like the IMP in the "other " game?
this will be most beneficial now!!!!!!!!!!!!

#39 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:13

Hi all,

In this latest update we have fixed the following...

Mental Strength

A bug which caused the Mental Strength skill not to update the current count of Psi Shield remaining has been fixed.

Class Specific Items

A bug which allowed classes to equip items not suitable for their class has been fixed. Note that previously saved invalid combat sets have been removed and any invalid equipment has automatically been unequipped.

~ The Sigmastorm 2 Team

SO NOW CAN WE PLEASE GET A COUNTER ON THE MS BLOCKS REMAINING? just like the IMP in the "other " game?
this will be most beneficial now!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean on the hunting screen where we can see it at all times? They would help alot but I don't think they will do it. After all, Purists are suppose to be the most difficult I guess they're finally trying to show us that..the hard way.

And yea I guess def would be better so that way MS can still take care of it, but it wouldn't be ruined so often.

#40 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:18

Counter for MS would be good - can we get an ammo counter there too?

As for points. Altare - I'd go defense not armor. With MS there is no need for armor. That's the stat you can still ignore if you keep MS up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: