32 replies to this topic

#21 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:49

I can see lots of stuff that could be applied retroactively without no big complaints. Would totally depend on what the rationale is for bringing them into game at first place. If done and communicated right ( email?) , could bring back retired players too.

Can also see how the could be used to promote guild mergers, which I think the game needs alot.

#22 fs_badjoe

fs_badjoe
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:57

Hoof, will this new achievement will be a fresh start for everyone or something we already done and just have to meet then condition to auto-gain the achievement ?

Everyone will have to earn them from when they are added to the game :)

Let me rephrase my question :

Are the condition to get those achievement already in the game or is it gonna be something new ?

#23 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:52

Hoof, will this new achievement will be a fresh start for everyone or something we already done and just have to meet then condition to auto-gain the achievement ?

Are the condition to get those achievement already in the game or is it gonna be something new ?

Will it be with retrospective effect?

I hope not (for both guild and personal ... )

They won't be no, with the exception of "Guild Founded for 'x' years", which would be a Guild Achievement.

#24 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2012 - 13:20

Do you mean whether they will look at "how many SEs you will be killing after the achievements get introduced" (an already existing condition for the SE medal), or that it would be something like "how many items you have invented after the achievements get introduced" (a thing that wasn't already covered by any medal)?

So in that way your question has nothing to do with whether it will be of a retrospective nature or not (which others seem to think your question is about).

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#25 fs_cloudstryf

fs_cloudstryf
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 17:20

Pretty sure what he means is are these achievements than could have even been possible already. Or something completely brand new. Like "Climb Mt. Hoof and dance a jig" which would be added with the achievements.

#26 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 August 2012 - 17:24

Any hints as to which ones are coming next week?

I'll try and post up a list tomorrow :)

Just a reminder in case everyone is focusing on that other thread today. :P

#27 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 17:32

Any hints as to which ones are coming next week?

I'll try and post up a list tomorrow :)

Just a reminder in case everyone is focusing on that other thread today. :P

LOL

LOUD NOISES!!! :lol:

#28 lawyergod

lawyergod

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 17:52

I admit to being a little concerned about the "special bonuses" that certain achievements could bring. The examples listed in the news post (increases to max stamina and/or pack slots) seem ok, but I'm worried that there will be something (either as a Personal or a Guild Achievement) that increases stamina or xp gain, or worse, increases baseline stats (e.g. attack, defense, etc.), and would give an unfair advantage. (I could easily see this being an overall negative on PvP, and the gains issue having a negative effect on people trying for the top 10 monthly medal, for instance.)

If this is be avoided, though, I am all for the Achievements system. (Since I was one of the people who first brought up the idea of "Guild Medals," I should be.) Achievements that could give extra auction slots or component slots, for instance, or an extra Guild Store slot, or permanent access to a special mercenary not normally available -- things like THIS would, I think, make the feature fun and exciting, without ruining the competitive balance of other aspects of the game.

#29 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:44

Looking foward to them :)

#30 Hagg

Hagg

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:08

Looking forward to both the Guild and Personal achievement upgrade that will be out next week. Hope we can get a sneak peak at what some or all of them will be. Thanks HC

#31 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2012 - 21:25

Looking forward to both the Guild and Personal achievement upgrade that will be out next week. Hope we can get a sneak peak at what some or all of them will be. Thanks HC

I'm preparing a news post at the moment which will show some of the achievements which will be going in next week :)

#32 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 21:56

I'm preparing a news post at the moment which will show some of the achievements which will be going in next week :)

cant wait to see what they are

#33 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2012 - 22:16

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107625

:)