32 replies to this topic

#21 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:16

20 rounds is the max the game allows... so stop making crazy theories without knowing the game mechanics...

1st) of all I only explained how AS 1000 could be "efficently" used in "theory" (the skill AS 1000 has not been released yet)

https://forums.hunte...ed/#entry962351

2nd) 20 rounds is NOT the max the game allows, I will explain & guide you step by step

the MAX 20 rounds of combat you are refering to are possible on the NEW MAP !!!

go to the "world MAP" and since I assume you are currently on the NEW MAP click on Classic Map (OLD MAP) tom5JXV.png

now you should be on the Classic Map (OLD MAP) & be able to see that you have the choice between "3 attacks"

lBh4UBt.png

as you know:

1 round of combat uses 1 stamina

2 rounds of combat use 2 stamina

60 rounds of combat use 60 stamina !!! <----- 60 rounds of combat is the MAXIMUM, NOT 20 rounds !!!

so this proves that you were wrong that 20 rounds of combat are NOT the MAXIMUM & you did not know the game mechanics !!!

I did not attack you or were rude to you, I took my time to explain your error & even made screen shots

I hope in the future that when you think someone made a mistake that you will try to explain it to him / her as I did explain your mistake to you

Edited by mary4ever, 20 April 2016 - 02:21.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#22 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:19

1st) of all I only explained how AS 1000 could be "efficently" used in "theory" (the skill AS 1000 has not been released yet)
https://forums.hunte...ed/#entry962351

2nd) 20 rounds is NOT the max the game allows, I will explain & guide you step by step

the MAX 20 rounds of combat you are refering to are possible on the NEW MAP !!!

go to the "world MAP" and since I assume you are currently on the NEW MAP click on Classic Map (OLD MAP) tom5JXV.png
now you should be on the Classic Map (OLD MAP) & be able to see that you have the choice between "3 attacks"
lBh4UBt.png
as you know:
1 round of combat uses 1 stamina
2 rounds of combat use 2 stamina
60 rounds of combat use 60 stamina !!! <----- 60 rounds of combat is the MAXIMUM, NOT 20 rounds !!!

so this proves that you were wrong that 20 rounds of combat are NOT the MAXIMUM & you did not know the game mechanics !!!

I did not attack you or were rude to you, I took my time to explain your error & even made screen shots

I hope in the future that when you think someone made a mistake that you will try to explain it to him / her as I did explain your mistake to you

I already tested that before posting ;)

Max is still 20, it may say 60 but did you actually try to do 60 rounds? I am guessing you did not..game mechanics have changed from the old days where you could go to 60... it is now 20 no matter which map you are on.

#23 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:31

I already tested that before posting ;)

Max is still 20, it may say 60 but did you actually try to do 60 rounds? I am guessing you did not..game mechanics have changed from the old days where you could go to 60... it is now 20 no matter which map you are on.

Second the fact

#24 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:10

Doing a 15 round combat with AS1150 on will only give 1 kills Gold, will cost 50% more stam than 1 hit strategy using high conserve.

Create increased risk of losing kill streaks and dd bonus in "one" combat.

Using AS 1150 hunting strategy will not be available unless players know and understand buffs and setups gear very well.

You could have players dropping 1 k stamina in a failed combat I think that is a bonus for the game.

Secondly using As1150 would require the ability to a:either plan hunts in Advance or b: be able to react and Adjust quickly to each levels critter.  Because time will be ticking on our buffs as we hunt..

I think some Guilds would benefit very well from the way they work internally from this being added owing to their teamplay strategy in gaining Xp...

Edited by zizzwyly, 21 April 2016 - 10:13.

#25 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 May 2016 - 21:18

If your going to improve Arena potions, THEN you should consider revamping invented potions so there is a market / reason to bother making invented potions + Consider adding a few invented ONLY potions to the in-game mix. I recall you guys adding some new skills to the buff market but nothing ever came of it.

I realize this is slightly off topic but its hard to get developers attention to issues. then a few years go by and then it gets looked at.

Edited by Windbattle, 21 May 2016 - 21:19.

#26 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 May 2016 - 22:00

II realize this is slightly off topic but its hard to get developers attention to issues. then a few years go by and then it gets looked at.

.... if at all.

What really sucks is when the devs LOVE an idea, say they'll do it in an up-coming update and it STILL gets forgotten about :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#27 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:23

Doing a 15 round combat with AS1150 on will only give 1 kills Gold, will cost 50% more stam than 1 hit strategy using high conserve.

Not sure what I'm missing here. Conserve will affect the same percentage of battles, its just that they will come in lots of 15. I could fight 150 1-hit battles and expect 75 to be conserved, or 10 a5-hit battles and expect 5 to be conserved. Either way, I have the same stam usage. However, the high conserve will diminish the value of the high AS. In the above example, it is only the 5 unconserved 15-hit battles that would attract the AS advantage.

You are right that it would give very little gold, but if you are already using a high sacrifice then you wouldn't notice the difference.

Using AS 1150 hunting strategy will not be available unless players know and understand buffs and setups gear very well.

So might induce more people to understand the game better? Not a bad consequence.

Secondly using As1150 would require the ability to a:either plan hunts in Advance or b: be able to react and Adjust quickly to each levels critter.  Because time will be ticking on our buffs as we hunt..

On the other hand, you would need to find 15 times fewer creatures to fight, so you would be gaining spare buffed time as well. (Not long enough to go buy the gear you need, but probably long enough to hunt through guild gear once each level if you've already worked out your high damage, high attack, high defense... sets).

#28 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:30

On balance, I think AS1150 would add a new dimension to the game. Most importantly, it would not be game breaking or game dominating. It would add a small advantage for those willing to invest the effort (or, once someone puts their solutions onto the forum or wiki, for those who read the forum/wiki). It might even spark some new life in the forum, generating discussions like there used to be on 1-hit sets for all levels.

And, to tie this to another ongoing discussion: it would circumvent the supposedly game-breakingly over-powered composing potions (at least for hunting) without removing them, since you would need buffs that balanced your prey rather than overpowered them.

Following that thought, it might also add more impetus to a new buff that modifies/suspends existing buffs temporarily. One would not wish to keep using/cancelling EW1500 each time one levelled during a long hunt; one might be willing to spend 10 stam on a buff that nerfed it for 10 minutes. (Though the "10" in the stam cost would need to be carfully balanced against the gain from the (unconserved!) AS1150 battles --- might be rather complicated to make this workable ...)

#29 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 09:20

Not sure what I'm missing here. Conserve will affect the same percentage of battles, its just that they will come in lots of 15. I could fight 150 1-hit battles and expect 75 to be conserved, or 10 a5-hit battles and expect 5 to be conserved. Either way, I have the same stam usage. However, the high conserve will diminish the value of the high AS. In the above example, it is only the 5 unconserved 15-hit battles that would attract the AS advantage.

You are right that it would give very little gold, but if you are already using a high sacrifice then you wouldn't notice the difference.

So might induce more people to understand the game better? Not a bad consequence.

On the other hand, you would need to find 15 times fewer creatures to fight, so you would be gaining spare buffed time as well. (Not long enough to go buy the gear you need, but probably long enough to hunt through guild gear once each level if you've already worked out your high damage, high attack, high defense... sets).

What you were missing is Conserve does NOT work with Arterial Strike So it would be a pointless buff to use. And Arterial Strike 1150 is 100 % every single combat.

On the other hand I would design my setups to gain 1 level per kill to gain maximum Xp from each level.

Edited by zizzwyly, 23 May 2016 - 09:21.

#30 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:22

What you were missing is Conserve does NOT work with Arterial Strike So it would be a pointless buff to use. And Arterial Strike 1150 is 100 % every single combat.

On the other hand I would design my setups to gain 1 level per kill to gain maximum Xp from each level.

No, I wasn't missing that. Conserve blocks AS only when it activates. So the AS would still be effective on the battles without conserve (even with conserve 1000---if it existed---that would still be 50% of the time, so far from a pointless buff).

What I was missing was that, for multi-hit battles, it changes the weightings. In my example, the 5 conserved battles would yield just 1 unit of experience (i.e. one creature kill) while the unconserved battles would yield 17.1 units of experience (assuming 15 turns of combat). A 1-hit strategy, however, would weight them 1:1. So for 75 stam actually used with 50% conserve, the 1-hit strategy would yield 75+75=150 units of experience, while the 15-hit would yield 5+85.5=90.5 units of experience.

Following that thought through though, and given that HCS is never going to create a Conserve 2000 (100% activation), this just changes the level at which a high level AS would add a valuable new dimension. (In the above example, AS 2000 would have yielded 151 units of experience from the 75 stam.)

#31 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:42

No you are missing the point CONSERVE does not activate when AS activates as in it NEVER activates.. As 1150 activates every single Combat meaning conserve never will..

#32 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:48

No you are missing the point CONSERVE does not activate when AS activates as in it NEVER activates.. As 1150 activates every single Combat meaning conserve never will..

I'll take conserve over AS every time thanks

#33 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 15:40

It's the other way around. AS doesn't activate when Conserve activates.

No matter what AS level is present, Conserve is a net positive (no matter what level it is). Ignoring things like Reckoning.

Contrived examples, but it's better to earn 1000xp for 0 stam (as many times as possible) than 40000xp for 20stam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: