61 replies to this topic

#21 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 16:40

There should also be a limit of buffs per player activated at the same time. Some players get all the buffs money can buy or get them by asking their high level guildmates to buff them, this makes ladder unfair for players with low resources or players that are just initiating the ladder, it discourages them from playing further ladders. 

No, there should be no limit with buffs. If you aren't getting the buffs you need, just ask around, I'm sure lots of players would be willing to help with buffs for free or for cheap.

Also the use of Deflect is a problem, if you want to enter the ladder, then, you're expecting to get hit by others not just hiding behind it, personally I have lost several ladders because of deflect, I've been deflected 4 times in a row by the same player, that means 4 hours, in that time my buffs also ran out... Ladder had a reset and I lost.

Yes, deflect is a pain in the butt, but there are countermeasures that can be used to handle Deflect. Those are: Anti Deflect, Spell Breaker, and Spell Leech. Will these countermeasures work every time, no, but they will help.

I don't think its need to be banned from the ladder.. Only thing that should be taken out of the ladder is being able to bounty ladder hits.

#22 chyboy

chyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 July 2013 - 17:17

yes... it needs to change... i have been inactive for more than a year and when i came back it was still the same... nothing has been done to it since a year ago.. we need change... :)

#23 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 18:15

I thought this topic was to be about pvp, but alas, just ladder.

Ok, here are my 2 cents: I think the ladder should be changed completely, and the ability to "farm" it safely should be removed. As it is now, a lot of non-pvpers play it (along with some pvpers), and there are people who get very upset if they get attacked hourly. I find that funny in a sad kind of way, since to me, opting in to the ladder should mean opting in to hourly smashings back and forth. 

I know that not everyone agrees on this, but that's my view on things. The fact that it doesn't work that way is the main reason I stay off it. No rewards/lack of rewards would make it more or less interesting to me, but making it full on pvp would help.

og3DxyP.gif

#24 j3k

j3k

Posted 29 July 2013 - 19:35

Hmm, do you know how long it takes to get 1200 PvP tokens? You would have to get first place in 240 ladders, that's more than half year. Ths solution to those stones would be to appear more often in arena.

it would be worth it instead of waiting for the arena to spawn :P

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#25 j3k

j3k

Posted 29 July 2013 - 19:36

Either ban deflect from the ladder or have a TRADE-IN option for a potion/buff of Anti-Deflect 200+

+777

• j3k likes this

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#26 j3k

j3k

Posted 29 July 2013 - 19:38

and there are people who get very upset if they get attacked hourly. I find that funny in a sad kind of way,

And the people who get upset are the people who always BB the person that attacked them  :mellow:

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#27 ikhaos

ikhaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 20:51

I thought this topic was to be about pvp, but alas, just ladder.

Ok, here are my 2 cents: I think the ladder should be changed completely, and the ability to "farm" it safely should be removed. As it is now, a lot of non-pvpers play it (along with some pvpers), and there are people who get very upset if they get attacked hourly. I find that funny in a sad kind of way, since to me, opting in to the ladder should mean opting in to hourly smashings back and forth. 

+1 , and ill try to knock out other aspects of PvP eventually for now lets get the ladder fixed because PvP Prestige is a whole other story :P

#28 j3k

j3k

Posted 29 July 2013 - 20:56

I think the ladder would be great by removing Deflect

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#29 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 21:04

all the pvp ladder needs right now is the removal of the bounty system and new shiny things.. it works how i think it should if its active enough. 

the mobile interface of this game could be more efficient to entice players to do things like the PvP Ladder while on the go

#30 flucht

flucht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 21:14

I think part of the problem with the PvP ladder is because of the kids who bounty PvPers even when they're on the ladder. I think they should remove the bounty option if you are signed up for the ladder (assuming that the attack was a ladder attack.) This is just my opinion.

FluchtTWIMCz_zps8ece50fa.png

#31 j3k

j3k

Posted 29 July 2013 - 21:18

I think part of the problem with the PvP ladder is because of the kids who bounty PvPers even when they're on the ladder. I think they should remove the bounty option if you are signed up for the ladder (assuming that the attack was a ladder attack.) This is just my opinion.

+9000

Yes that happen all the time. They should remove the option to bounty some one if you are opt'd in the ladder  ;)

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#32 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 21:38

The ability to bounty attacks in the PvP Ladder is a real issue. If a player has their attacks bountied and is deleveled numerous times what are their options? Hit the player again in their PvP band? Yes, you can do that but your not going to get retribution for the lost levels as your unlikely to take the same amount of levels as they did when they bountied. Counter Bounty and advertise? This would seem to be the way to go to really hit that player back. Draw back is the negative messages a player will receive for doing this. Its understandable as folk in FS will think you are placing bounties on Ladder hits where infact you are placing counter bounties on the bounties that were placed on you.

I read in another thread that being able to bounty hits on the PvP Ladder just causes unnecessary drama. This is so very true and is reason enough, in my opinion, for bounties on the Ladder to be pulverised out of existence.

Cheers.

wil72

#33 j3k

j3k

Posted 29 July 2013 - 21:48

The ability to bounty attacks in the PvP Ladder is a real issue. 

It has indeed been an issue and have the Cows ever looked into it? 

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#34 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 21:59

It has indeed been an issue and have the Cows ever looked into it? 

BigGrim commented that its removal was not out of the question but that's about as far as it went mate.

Cheers.

wil72

#35 StangValle

StangValle

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 23:37

Make only 100 stams count towards the ladder and all ladder hits non-bountyable. FIXED!

#36 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:45

I think this thread because it gives attention to pvp, which I feel is one step away from being completely dead / corrupt (depending on your point of view). PvP ladder .. except for earning your dominance or smasher medal .. is pointless. 

Even if you did add potions or new gear .. there is a HUGE back log of tokens now.  So the value of those new items would tank rather quickly.  Consumables like potions would make the most sense to reduce the token backlog or possibly a powerful set that has a very high failure rate. 

Bountying ladder hits is one of the main reasons I stopped doing pvp ladder. Makes the whole thing a joke / a cheap way to get back at someone for being better at pvp / ladder. 

Colluding is a HUGE problem in the ladder though. I'm not sure you can FIX it though. Besides the obvious, I hit you 1 time to get 1st and you hit me 1 time to get 1st "soft ladders" .. there has always been "team play". Team play is having multiple guild mates compete in one ladder and bully out individual players playing in ladders. So some ladders are really like "GvG 2".  This team play only gets worse when you have bountyable hits on the pvp ladder (think about it)

Suggestion: Remove the ladder and make all players have a pvp rating again. Secondly, increase pvp ranges at strategic intervals to promote pvp.  As for dominance medal, make it top 10 players in the game out of top 100 list (resets every month). --> Twist on how we did things before the pvp ladder

**If you buy pvp protection, then you would have no pvp rating. If you lose protection / it runs out, then you would start at the default / starting pvp rating. 

#37 ikhaos

ikhaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:04

Suggestion: Remove the ladder and make all players have a pvp rating again. Secondly, increase pvp ranges at strategic intervals to promote pvp.  As for dominance medal, make it top 10 players in the game out of top 100 list (resets every month). --> Twist on how we did things before the pvp ladder

Removing the ladder would turn against all the people who have worked so hard to get there tokens, even though there are players who abuse the ladder there are also people who spend a solid 5-1o minutes every hour smashing players. I like the idea about the top 10 players out of the top 100 because SOO many people can simply level to an EASY band and farm the medal. Problem is there is a LOW amount of people who actually participate in the ladder compared to what it use to be. Maby removing the OPTION to opt out would prevent one or two people from being smashed all day. (Im sure people would LOVE to veto this). It would bring back the OLD fs where carrying millions of gold in your hunt wasn't a good idea and people would wear defensive gear offline instead of 9 epics (Where some of them are 200-300 lower levels than there VL). Keep the option to buy PvP protection so those merchants, hunters, and anyone else who tends to stay away from PvP would pay a small price but it would definitely bring PvP back into Fallensword. 

#38 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:18

bound pots and unbound gear,, yes soon please!

#39 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:23

1. FIX the system

2. NEW reward structure, new items from new rewards

3. Bring in bound potions for the old tokens to take them out of circulation

But, IN THAT ORDER ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#40 alejandio

alejandio

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 15:18

No, there should be no limit with buffs. If you aren't getting the buffs you need, just ask around, I'm sure lots of players would be willing to help with buffs for free or for cheap.

If you say so, why don't you buff me for free for the next ladders I join? If you're willing to help, I'd be happy to get buffed by you  ;) Also, who's gonna give me level 1600 buffs for cheap or free? I need Epic Craft, Shield Wall, or Armored Strike, tell me of one level 1600 player willing to buff those for free to a player that is not his friend or guildmate.

Yes, deflect is a pain in the butt, but there are countermeasures that can be used to handle Deflect. Those are: Anti Deflect, Spell Breaker, and Spell Leech. Will these countermeasures work every time, no, but they will help.

I don't think its need to be banned from the ladder.. Only thing that should be taken out of the ladder is being able to bounty ladder hits.

The problem with these countermeasures is that they cost 1 FSP or more (except for SB) and they have a low chance of activating. Completely agree with taking bounty out of ladder  :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)
Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: