:( yeah, and sounds hella complicated >.<

Strategy games .... Mae is right COMPLICATED

#22 Odinsson

Odinsson

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:20

it was mentioned about being able to port from Relic to the fortress and back again, that would be awesome if it could be implemented as i could see a lot Relic defenders not wanting to leave the relic for anytime longer then a hunt takes, me being one of them.

#23 fs_neontetra

fs_neontetra
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:21

yes i agree with LawyerGod please leave the current gvg system up for the ones who enjoy it...may i suggest having a guild vs guild realm of its own one big open area whoever wants to build there castles can there...

#24 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:21

unless you plan on keeping the current gvg system it starting to sound alot like world of warcraft and i think you should put this idea in the new game you guys are developing not into this game. leave the gvg system how it is i enjoy it now.

i agree with that

#25 fs_sangdiablo

fs_sangdiablo
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:25

So, a guild wishing to participate in a guild conflict must have 25 or more members, set up a fortress, etc.?

+1

Fixes to the conflicts keep getting further from the original version, where a one-player guild could get farmed and legitimate conflicts were not necessary for having all sorts of sweet perks.

The system proposed does not look like it allows for conflicts against a guild's will to participate. IMO, that's about as perfect as an update can get!

(BTW, UveBinHad, I agree with ya 100% in sofar as "I do like the minimum amount of members and a minimum level of 50 for a guild to be able to enter since most guilds that are pure GVG guilds are full of multis and turds." I've lost count when it comes to the number of guilds with a real guild founder and three level 1 clones [bios and character names] that call themselves GvG guilds. Funny how the three clones never log in after joining the guild...)

#26 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:27

awesome something new, sounds fun, a bit complicated but I am sure we will adapt.

few questions?

1. you need 25 members in your guild in order to participate in this "gvg" system now?
2. when a 25 man guild attacks a 125 man guild how does this work? is it 25 vs all 125?
3. can you explain the attacking system a bit more as its hard to tell how it will work from your description?

#27 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:30

All sounds interesting and quite possibly complicated. Will there still be the "old fashioned" GvGing, or will that be replaced entirely by this system? Concerns are, where are the Guilds going to earn RP and subsequent FSPs if the current GvG system is replaced? Upstart and emerging guilds could certainly use the FSPs.

And, 25 players -- 25 active players? If so, that pretty much shuts out any emerging guild, and most existing guilds as well.

Thanks for the creativity and ingenuity on this.

#28 fs_manslayer9

fs_manslayer9
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:30

sounds good, I'm not much of a conflict goer myself but I might just try this one! :D

#29 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:34

I'll refrain from commenting, till I see more explanations done by the cows, but .. as overly complicated as this initially sounds, I sorta like the idea of a totally new aspect to the game ... although I would hate to see the old GvG go away (it has plenty of uses).

I have two Qs though:
Will there be skulls, and dead bodies on spikes surrounding the fortress (as a design option) :mrgreen: ?

Will there be a trophy room, with the banners of guilds that have been defeated under the new GvG system (like medals, just.. more triumphant)?

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#30 LordNapo

LordNapo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:35

What happens to RP??

#31 KingWeeman

KingWeeman

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Romania

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:35

Cant wait for my guild to be smashed by a solo 1000+ player...also cant wait to see it impossible for SMALL guilds to participate(yeah even if nobod gives a sh** about them they DO exist)

kyorakusig_zps8dff8436.jpg

#32 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:41

I hope the Cows do not implement easy teleporting between the Forteress and the Relic. Make guild pick what is important to them.

#33 fs_athena77

fs_athena77
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:42

OK this doesnt sound good, im a up and coming guild that likes to do gvg and now IF you do this we wont be able to gvg, as we are a small guild and plan on staying that way. More then likely now my gvg players will leave the guild to go somewhere else. Im not impressed at all. What about the RP points. To many unanswered questions about this new system. I say leave it alone and put it in your new game. Stop changing this one or players will stop playing. Just my .2 cents

#34 wilddawg

wilddawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:44

It would be wise to test this out first on the Alpha server.
But it sounds very interesting ;)

I couldn't agree more. Please test it out first.

#35 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:45

Would like to see it a little bit in action, on alpha for instance.

As far as the 25+ goes, I get the impression this is meant to be player level 25+. guild level 50+, not amount of players in a guild.

#36 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:51

Very interesting can't wait to try it out. kinda reminds me of battle tanks.

#37 Qilon

Qilon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:55

-emm.. a lot of information to grind on... lets talk about the teleportation.. how would it be done? we literally have a fortress on the map, [an address, lol?].. come visit us at Drami Catacombs (77,77)..! ;-P

-then a portal is created in the fortress solely for the use of the guildmates to transport themselves into the fortress.. so we walked to a grid and defend from there... which is a (at most 3x3 area (including or excluding wall?) allowing maybe 4 to 7 mates to stand guard.

maybe we can have a join gvg group within the guild (like join attack group) and have members allocated to certain location in the fortress grid, and after the gvg ended the group is dispersed, joining mates appeared back where they originally were!

does the enhancements also have a grid to be put on....

ah.. some much brainstorming for now! :-)

#38 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:56

As far as the 25+ goes, I get the impression this is meant to be player level 25+. guild level 50+, not amount of players in a guild.

I have the same feeling about this.

#39 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:58

Participation
In order to participate in this conflict system you will require 25+ players and guild level 50.

It sounds like you're trying to make it true guild vs. guild. Do the minimum of 25 players have to be active players? Are guilds with less than 25 active members excluded even if they have 25 members? What is the minimum number of players required to do the actual fighting? How many are required to do the actual defending?

#40 Trecar

Trecar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:58

I can't even write the feeling i'm getting about this....and i bought all those elf uniforms last march, and i've lost the receipt...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: